Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Events
  California Coast Run 2009 - Oct. 9-11, 2009 (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
California Coast Run 2009 - Oct. 9-11, 2009 by Songman
Started on: 08-16-2009 03:33 PM
Replies: 87 (3435 views)
Last post by: pokeyfiero on 10-14-2009 01:45 AM
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2009 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

7th Annual California Coast Run

When: October 9-11, 2009
Where: San Simeon, CA

Hotel Reservations
Courtesy Inn of San Simeon - http://www.courtesyinns.com
9450 Castillo Drive
San Simeon, CA 93452
1-800-555-5773
Ask for Manish and say you are with Fiero group for $99 for the weekend rate.

Event Schedule

Friday, October 9
- Arrive Friday and check into hotel.
- Meet in pool area at 6PM for meet n' greet.
- Dinner at Main Street Grill in Cambria at 7:30PM

Saturday, October 10
- Start lining up cars at 7:45AM.
- Driver's Meeting at 8:15AM
- Depart hotel at 8:30AM
- Lunch at Big Sur River Inn at 11:30AM
- Depart Big Sur River Inn at 1:30PM
- Arrive at Big Sur Jade Festival at 2PM (Live music, food, vendors, demonstrations - a real hippie fest!)
- Depart Big Sur Jade Festival at 4PM (group leaves at 4PM. Leave at your leisure.)
- Arrive at Courtesy Inn at 5PM.
- Costume Party and Catered Dinner in pool area at 7PM.
- Charity raffle at 8PM.
- San Simeon Beach Bar & Grill from 10:00 till whenever...

Sunday, October 11]
- Depart for breakfast in Morro Bay at 10AM.

We added the Big Sur Jade Festival into the lineup this year. This is a great event with lots of graet food, entertainment, and vendors. Because of adding this stop into the Coast Run, our theme this year will be a hippie theme (as you may have noticed by the t-shirt design). Start planning now and get your costume ready for the costume party and catered dinner on Saturday night. A prize will be awarded for the best costume.
We end the day early on Sunday to allow people plenty of time to see the area attractions and still get home safely.

Driving distance to San Simeon from major cities:
San Diego to San Simeon - 360 miles (6 hours)
Los Angeles to San Simeon - 245 miles (4 hours)
San Francisco to San Simeon - 240 miles (4 hours)
Sacramento to San Simeon - 300 miles (5 hours)
Redding to San Simeon - 440 miles (7 hours)
Reno, NV to San Simeon - 440 miles (7 hours)
Las Vegas, NV to San Simeon - 435 miles (7 hours)

We have a great time on this event and have had people come from as far away as Arizona and Colorado. We try to make this an affordable event so people can come have a good time without putting a strain on their bank account. The hotel helps out with a $99 rate for the entire event weekend. Our cartered dinner on Saturday night is all you can eat and is only $25 per person. With those prices we can still afford to put gas in the cars!

More event info is forthcoming on http://www.fiero-performance.com but last year's event info is still there at this point. Go ahead and go check it out and see all the pictures from past events.

------------------
The 7th Annual California Coast Run
October 9-11, 2009
http://www.fiero-performance.com

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 08-16-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JenzGT2

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2009 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JenzGT2Send a Private Message to JenzGT2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yippie!!!! That is quite a bit earlier this year! Looking forward to this and looking forward to seeing you and Rie!

*happy dance*

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2009 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's two weeks earlier. We have been to the Jade Festival a few times in the past and it is a lot of fun. We figured that was a good enough reason to back it up a couple of weeks - also gave us the theme for the party. I know we have a lot of old hippies anyway since this is California. Should be some good costumes!
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2009 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice them sign.

------------------

"I drive modified Fieros- anything less would be uncivilized."

Brastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2009 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrasticClick Here to visit Brastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BrasticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are there. The only question now is which cars to take.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2009 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is a question???

The 355 of course. If you don't want to drive it, I'll drive it for you. But I do need to see it.
SILVERMIST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2009 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SILVERMISTSend a Private Message to SILVERMISTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dale,did you pose for this years t-shirt?

I may go home Saturday night.Depending how the 49ers are doing this year.If they're like the last few years I'll be in Moro Bay for breakfast on Sunday.

PEACE Roy
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2009 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bbbbbaaaaahhhh it had to be on the same weekend as Columbus day!!!
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2009 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry. I've never really known anyone that did anything on Columbus Day. I know you live close. You can't even just make it up on Saturday?
Brastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2009 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrasticClick Here to visit Brastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BrasticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good point Songman. Since I drove the stock 88 GT last year I will drive the 355 this year. We will need a second vehicle though. We will see if we take the minivan or the Mera. I am liking the idea of driving the AD355 and the Mera down the coast. The only minor issue will be that the AD355 does not have a trunk. This might be a little tight with two adults and two kids in one Fiero trunk. Live is a journey, pack light.
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2009 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh man! Two local shows (Park Street in Alameda Saturday and Jimmy's Picnic in Golden Gate Park on Sunday), the Blue Angels (one of the reasons I live here!), and the Cameron Park Show and Fly-in Saturday are all that weekend too! I hate when that happens, but look forward to the Coast Run, for sure! Will have to see if I can work it out.

JC

PFF
System Bot
SILVERMIST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2009 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SILVERMISTSend a Private Message to SILVERMISTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OH NO!!!

I forgot about the Cameron Park Show.I guess I'll just have to miss it,even though I signed up and payed already.Can't miss the Coast Run!!!
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2009 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry guys. I checked other Fiero events to make sure the weekend was clear but I didn't know about those local shows. Adding the Jade Festival is going to make it all worth it.
TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2009 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Carol and I will try and make it.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2009 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nope going to a wedding with the wife and heading down to san diego. Hope you guys have fun.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2009 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll have to apologize for my lateness this year. I have been working down in San Diego for the last month and I still don't have the website done. I have to go back down to SD in the morning and will be there the rest of the week. Hopefully I can get the new website built this weekend and start taking registrations next week.Our hotel rooms are blocked. The Big Sur River Inn is reserved for lunch. The caterers are set up for Saturday night.

So now I want to give a little advance recognition to the great vendors who jumped out front with donations for the Coast Run Raffle that benefits St Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Updated Vendor List

These are the ones who have responded so far. I am sure there will be others to add to the list. Please visit these vendors and use them if you can to let them know how much we appreciate their support. Even though the economy is not the greatest these days, they were still willing to send us some raffle items and I appreciate them for that.

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 09-28-2009).]

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2009 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Songman

12496 posts
Member since Aug 2000
Oh yeah...

As always, anyone who wants to make a donation for the charity raffle and get their company info added to the list (and the website, and the literature) can contact me.

There is a contact link on last year's site that is still good for making raffle item donations.
http://www.fiero-performance.com/vendors.html

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 08-25-2009).]

SNIPER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2009 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SNIPERClick Here to visit SNIPER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SNIPEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking forward to it!!

------------------
Ed "SNIPER" Peralez
Not as lean, Not as mean, But still a Marine
GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE ~ PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE
www.sniper1shot1kill.com

TK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2009 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

Oh yeah...

As always, anyone who wants to make a donation for the charity raffle and get their company info added to the list (and the website, and the literature) can contact me.

There is a contact link on last year's site that is still good for making raffle item donations.
http://www.fiero-performance.com/vendors.html

Still going to St. Jude, right?
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2009 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep... Always. I've been supporting them for years on a personal level and so far we have been able to give them close to $2000 from the Coast Run raffles.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2009 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Songman

12496 posts
Member since Aug 2000
I just spoke to Manish at the Courtesy Inn. He has rooms blocked for us and some of you have already made your reservations and I appreciate that. Because of the economy, and the fact that a lot of Manish's business is from tour buses, he says that he can hold the rooms until two weeks prior to the event. After that, you might get a room if he has one available, or you might not. This is the best deal on any Fiero event you are going to get on the West Coast. Only $99 for the weekend! And this even includes the family rooms with three beds! If you have some buddies you don't mind bunking in with you can do the whole weekend for just around $35 for your room.

Also, we have always said that you should ask for Manish when you call. Well, Manish has bought another hotel in Fresno so he is away quite a bit. But he assures me that his front desk staff is trained and ready. Mention the Fiero event, or the Coast Run, or whatever and tell them that you want one of the rooms that have been blocked for the event that is $99 for the weekend. If you think they didn't understand, say it again. Make sure they get you in there right. And if you want one of the family rooms, make sure you tell them that.

As I mentioned before, I have been in San Diego every week for the past 4 weeks so I don't have the new website done yet. I hope to have it online by Monday. Hopefully most of you will have decided by then whether you will be able to attend or not and can get registered next week. I know I seem to harp on that every year but it really helps me get all the restaurants and caterers lined up. The Coast Run weekend is only 6 weeks away from today!

So who's coming?

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 08-28-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
JenzGT2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2009 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JenzGT2Send a Private Message to JenzGT2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, you know we are going!

Just called and got our reservation. Looking forward to it!

Jen
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2009 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, I'm set. It will just be me this time as we did have some other commitments that Jerry will have to handle. I'll bring some Jafra gift bags for the raffle. Looking forward to seeing you all soon!

JC
Brastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2009 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrasticClick Here to visit Brastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BrasticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are coming. I just booked our room. All that we need to decide if we are bringing the kids and how many cars to drive down.
JenzGT2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2009 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JenzGT2Send a Private Message to JenzGT2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Dale,

I'll look around at the spare parts Rick will never use and see what we can donate to the raffle.

kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2009 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, looks like few of Fieros West members will be attending this year. I just hope I can have Shaniqua Nicole ready by that time. But we hope to see all there......

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/koolflip

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2009 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Get them boys fired up! They need to be there... Where else can you have this much Fiero fun for so little money?
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2009 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Updated Vendor List

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 09-28-2009).]

SILVERMIST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2009 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SILVERMISTSend a Private Message to SILVERMISTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I booked our room.I guess I waited to long to book.The room we usually get is taken.So make all the noise you want Dale.I don't care.

Roy
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2009 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wait--I asked to be on the north side near Dale and Roy Welsh and am upstairs--shall I bring my aerobic/jazzercise tapes? Now I'm not sure WHO I'll be annoying!

JC
Larry Nakamura

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2009 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry NakamuraSend a Private Message to Larry NakamuraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, I'm in and just made my reservations. They gave me a
king size bed on the first floor for $49.99/night. I was surprised
so I even asked them if it wasn't supposed to be the $99/night.
The girl said that was the deal for the fiero group, but these were $50/night.
Go figure and I wasn't going to argue. We'll see what really happens.
So see you there.....
PFF
System Bot
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2009 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Larry, its $99 for the weekend, not per night. It should be $49.50 per night., plus tax of course. If anyone has problems, I'll make sure it is straight. Contact me directly, if needed.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2009 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Songman

12496 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Originally posted by SILVERMIST:

I booked our room.I guess I waited to long to book.The room we usually get is taken.So make all the noise you want Dale.I don't care.

Roy

Hmmm... I wonder who will be beneath us this year. I hope they are not loud. We don't need any competition!
Larry Nakamura

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2009 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry NakamuraSend a Private Message to Larry NakamuraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, I misread the hotel rate. Good.
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2009 02:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmmm... I wonder who will be beneath us this year. I hope they are not loud. We don't need any competition!

Either Rick & Jen or Shane & Carolina! I'll be next door with either Roy & Sandy or Larry below! I'll just pound on the wall!

JC
yakdude01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2009 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yakdude01Click Here to visit yakdude01's HomePageSend a Private Message to yakdude01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in, again.

Yep, you guys/gals will have at least one Sebring Convertible in the group. Better than bringing my "newest" ride....a 2009 Dodge Grand Caravan....although I have to admit, the minivan can hug the road. LOL

I may bring my Fiero too....but it's still in the box and sitting on my fridge, proudly displayed. Silver 1985 GT.

I'm working on getting others from Sebringclub.net (aka Chrysler Sebring Convertible Club) to come on down too.

------------------
- Kevin

Stone White 2001 Limited w/Cream leather interior 69k mi
Bright Silver Metallic 2009 Dodge Grand Caravan 1k mi
"I have to admit, I love driving it. It is so choice."
"If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up." - Ferris Bueller

[This message has been edited by yakdude01 (edited 09-06-2009).]

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2009 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We'll be glad to have you with us again, Kevin. Looks like we might have another couple of Sebrings from the other board as well. Guess I better find some Sebring stuff for the raffle!
yakdude01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2009 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yakdude01Click Here to visit yakdude01's HomePageSend a Private Message to yakdude01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We'll be glad to have you with us again, Kevin. Looks like we might have another couple of Sebrings from the other board as well. Guess I better find some Sebring stuff for the raffle!

I'll be happy to donate some CSCC stickers for the raffle.... 1 inch by 7 inch. Choice of Black, White, or Silver.

Look like this:

Be nice to fill out the hotel for the event! Keeping the push on over at CSCC.

A friend of mine from Houston may even fly in for the weekend. I told him to bring cash.

------------------
- Kevin

Stone White 2001 Limited w/Cream leather interior 69k mi
Bright Silver Metallic 2009 Dodge Grand Caravan 1k mi
"I have to admit, I love driving it. It is so choice."
"If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up." - Ferris Bueller

[This message has been edited by yakdude01 (edited 09-08-2009).]

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2009 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool. Remind everyone that the hotel is only holding the rooms that we have blocked until two weeks prior to the event. After that, everyone is taking their chances as to whether or not they get a room.
TK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2009 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I reserved our room today and they said they had two queen rooms left. I believe I took on of them. So it might be down to one room now.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock