Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Events
  Watkins Glen 2009 Fieros in the Glen (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Watkins Glen 2009 Fieros in the Glen by ACSCAR
Started on: 02-19-2009 09:56 PM
Replies: 95 (1728 views)
Last post by: cleppsfierogts on 04-27-2009 10:08 PM
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2009 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GRR. Yesterday afternoon my Fiero developed a strong pull to the left under braking. Feels like a caliper is hanging up. It's a problem I was having two weeks ago on a very light level but had gone away. I recently replaced the front brakes so I thought maybe the calipers were being a little sticky with being reset and worked themselves out of it. No luck I guess.

So this morning, I am on a panicked search for new front calipers. So far, no luck. Cursed 88's! All hope is not lost. If I cannot find replacement calipers, I may pull the ones on the car and clean the slider pins really well to see if that helps out any.
IP: Logged
Wolfhound

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2009 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It may be the inside lining of the flexible break line to the cylinder has collapsed. It can act as a one way valve.

[This message has been edited by Wolfhound (edited 04-25-2009).]

Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2009 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I know that is a possibility too, especially at this age. If that is the case, I am probably toast for the Glen in this car. I do not show any brake lines in inventory locally. There is one autoparts place locally that has one of the calipers, I just need to find the other side.

I hope to be down no matter what. Even if I end up having to ride shotgun w/ someone!

Wish me luck!
Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2009 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok guys got some pics ready here is sat morning at wallmart.....

here is some cars at the decoy.......real good food thanx

here is sun at the show(and shine...lol)

and went to pizza hut......no pics at the track except for "boomer's pics" i will get to those in a bit....
found my cars little brother-----"blue by you too!" lol

i would like to thanx ace for all the cool **** we got to do ......... and the movie that was great

------------------

[This message has been edited by Hardpact (edited 04-26-2009).]

midnightcarving

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2009 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for midnightcarvingSend a Private Message to midnightcarvingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
great time everyone, thanks to everyone for coming out and especially those who set it all up. was an absolute blast, sorry i missed the pizza hut stop, had to make it back unexpectedly.

have pics, will post tomorrow, for now i'm sunburned and beat, its bed time.
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2009 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, I didn't see you guys on my way i. I must have missed the group. Still made it there and got a few runs in on the track. Later in the day I saw all your cars in the group staging area, but was already in line in the single car area with some other folks I drove in with (non Fiero owners), so I stuck with them! I had the red Formula, gold wheels, if anyone saw me over there.

This was the busiest I have ever seen it down there. I wonder if the Donahue festivities brought in more people. It certainly caused a backlog of cars waiting for track time.

I also had slight trouble on the way home. Car about died on me pulling into the Ontario service station outside of Rochester. I think it was a loose wire on the distributor coil, and from there back to Buffalo was a-ok.

BTW, who had the red Fiero with the raised wing that was trailered? The car looked terrific! Does it have an engine conversion too?

[This message has been edited by Fformula88 (edited 04-26-2009).]

BigRed88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2009 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigRed88Send a Private Message to BigRed88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few of us saw you on the track b/4 we went out as a group. Sorry that you didn't hook up with us, but glad you were able to make it!!!

It was an absolute blast, as usual. A HUGE thank you to the Dobson clan (AC, Shirley, ACII and Brandy) for all their efforts in making the Glen weekend such an enjoyable and memory making experience.

Will post some pictures over the next few days.

~Ellen
cleppsfierogts

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cleppsfierogtsSend a Private Message to cleppsfierogtsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the great time with everyone.

brocephus started a picture thread in general chat.....since he didn't post any, I posted a few of his plus a few of mine to get something started.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/075640.html#p1

The red fiero on the trailer was mine. It doesn't have a motor swap quite yet. It has a 2.5 for now. I was having trouble with the other car ("blue by you too") I brought so when the car ran fine I decided to keep driving it and let my dad trailer that one back instead. The only reason for trailering is due to those unexpected times like the day getting there on saturday and having the problems with the one. Thank you to whoever helped push the car into the parking spot and the few that waited for me. We still don't have it fixed but temporarily can run. It did great at the track and ran smoothe. I was able to even get a nice cruise after with it. Just sucks debuting the car and having trouble with it. HA HA......but it happens. Thanks AC for the hospitality and letting the state trooper know which car was mine (the red one with ungerglows and high wing stands).....errr

and hardpact the number for you is 6

[This message has been edited by cleppsfierogts (edited 04-27-2009).]

Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 06:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thats just messed up!!!!! told ya so
redwingshat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for redwingshatSend a Private Message to redwingshatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the great weekend guys. it was a blast i hope i can come back again next year maybe even bring my fiero, thanks again and it was nice meeting you all
cleppsfierogts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cleppsfierogtsSend a Private Message to cleppsfierogtsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea it is but what can you do?! I'll be posting more pictures in the picture thread. I had 215 for the trip ended with 265. I also got the car home and had 3 codes on the ecm. Thanks to Jason and his egr solenoid.....Hopefully those codes won't come back.
PFF
System Bot
Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cleppsfierogts:

Yea it is but what can you do?! .

i told ya what i would and that won't happen again!!!!!

------------------

Gordo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GordoSend a Private Message to GordoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just wanted to take the time to thank the AC's and their hard working wives for making this the best year at the Glen yet.

Looking forward to the next "Club Event"!
cleppsfierogts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cleppsfierogtsSend a Private Message to cleppsfierogtsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I definitely agree it won't happen again. I also agree that this was the best year yet thanks to the AC's
Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i agree that this was an awesome year and thanx to everyone .........so whos putting the white neons on there car so we can do a red white and blue theme next year ???????? i'm going to start the lambo doors on sat....cory better get yours ...lol
cleppsfierogts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cleppsfierogtsSend a Private Message to cleppsfierogtsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Josh(redwingshat) might have them for carlisle. Never know. Also i got to decide doors or wheels.... i saw some really really really nice wheels. I dont' know. You need to send me pics when you can of the doors.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock