Coming: summer, 2010 by Just Say Go
Started on: 01-02-2007 01:00 PM
Replies: 63 (2019 views)
Last post by: Just Say Go on 10-23-2008 07:44 PM
Just Say Go

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2007 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Just Say GoSend a Private Message to Just Say GoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What search words are you guys using to find this in Google? I haven't found it there yet.
IP: Logged
ace35

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2007 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace35Send a Private Message to ace35Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know if you want it kept secret or anything but after a lot of trying the one that worked for me was "justsaygo fiero"
exc911ence

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2007 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exc911enceSend a Private Message to exc911enceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gee, I hope this isn't a secret or the cat's out of the bag!

PS: I just Googled "Fiero" and "2010" and there it was 5 hits down the first page!

------------------
Still plays with cars!

[This message has been edited by exc911ence (edited 04-01-2007).]

JumpStart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2007 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JumpStartSend a Private Message to JumpStartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This definatly has FUN written all over it.
DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2007 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm guessing the cats out of the bag since there was a banner ad so I'll be the spoiler and post the link I got from the banner ad:

http://www.justsaygo.us/GAS.html

Dan
mploucha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2007 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mplouchaSend a Private Message to mplouchaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2 questions

how long is it?

and whats the average speed limit?
Just Say Go

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2007 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Just Say GoSend a Private Message to Just Say GoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
(Dang, I had a big long reply typed out and lost all of it. Trying again.)

how long is it?

Route 50 is over 3,000 miles long, but the intention is not to get people to drive the entire length of it. The idea is to participate in as much as you can, in a relay, picking up where someone else leaves, and taking it down the road to the next person. Kind of like the old Pony Express.

and whats the average speed limit?

We are going to take our time and see the sights. If there are any local festivals scheduled about the time we roll through, we will attend. Where there are a good number of Fieros together, we'll do a show-n-shine. If we pass near any drag strips, we'll make a few passes. We are going to see America, and document every inch of the trip and the Fiero owners who do it.

On my landmarks page, there is a map showing the overall location of the route. The state links have lists of the various attractions that we may or may not visit.

I started to suggest a 3-week duration for the tour, because that's the longest that I can take off (as the event organizer, I felt it was my duty to go the entire tour). But the more I think about it, this should probably take at least a month, possibly more. The difficulty in starting before early June is the mountain passes. The difficulty with continuing into mid-summer is the heat of the desert. I'll let the Fiero owners in those regions decide whether we can handle a tour lasting more than 3 weeks in June.
FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2007 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So will it start on the east coast or the west coast ? Or is it still being planned? Sounds like a cool venture. Kinda like the powertour but with more driving

------------------
HARDCORE SBC CRONIE AND PROUD OF IT ! GOT TQ ?

Just Say Go

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2007 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Just Say GoSend a Private Message to Just Say GoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROPHREK:

So will it start on the east coast or the west coast ? Or is it still being planned?

We are going from east to west. That much we do know. Much of the info about our activities and dates will be determined over time, as people chime in saying where they can join & depart and on which dates. I suspect a lot of people won't know many of those details until much later, but this notice gives everybody plenty of time to think about it. We will have to be patient until it all starts coming together.

I could make "executive decisions" and say where we WILL BE on exact dates, but the people who live near the route know best about good stops or even places to avoid. And we need them to tell us how much time to expect to spend at those stops. As the tour progresses, everyone down the road depends on the earlier participants sticking to the schedule.

jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2007 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Just Say Go:

I started to suggest a 3-week duration for the tour, because that's the longest that I can take off (as the event organizer, I felt it was my duty to go the entire tour). But the more I think about it, this should probably take at least a month, possibly more. The difficulty in starting before early June is the mountain passes. The difficulty with continuing into mid-summer is the heat of the desert. I'll let the Fiero owners in those regions decide whether we can handle a tour lasting more than 3 weeks in June.

As I discussed in Email with Just Say Go, I have a spiffy new GPS in my truck and I've just let it run. It does some cool things and one of them is that it figures what my average speed is while moving only, for as long as I leave it un-reset. I live in KS, lots of interstate and highway driving, very little stop and go or around town. Care to guess my average speed over the last 4,000 miles???????

I'll give you a clue. Well, more like the answer..... 43.5 mph.

In figuring a trip like this there is really no way you're going to average MORE than this speed if you stop for lunches, sightsee, etc. No way in the world. Figure it at 3,000 miles minimum and 40 mph and you come up with 75 to 80 hours of non-stop driving. But there are going to be stops. Many stops. Many impromptu shows. Q&A sessions with passers-by. That IS what this is all about, relaxing, having fun, a great, long cruise. I'd guess the average daily speed including stops to be more like 20 mph, tops, which means that on a typical day one might cover a couple hundred miles.

When we initially chatted, I though 3 weeks would be cutting it a bit close, but I still think it's do-able, so I'd try to stick with that Mr. Gas. If you dilly dally about too much, it becomes a bit boring, just MHO.

Regardless, 3 weeks, 4 weeks, it sounds like fun and I'm going to get as much information to help in KS as I can.

John Stricker

Edited to add...............

Route 50 just happens to pass by Pueblo Motorsports Park in Pueblo, CO as well as La Junta Raceway at La Junta, CO. Just throwing that out there....................

[This message has been edited by jstricker (edited 04-04-2007).]

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2007 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jstricker:

As I discussed in Email with Just Say Go,

... I'd try to stick with that Mr. Gas.

It's okay to identify me now, we're not using code names anymore!

Route 50 just happens to pass by Pueblo Motorsports Park in Pueblo, CO as well as La Junta Raceway at La Junta, CO.

Excellent information! That's the kind of stuff I need to know!

[This message has been edited by Cheever3000 (edited 04-04-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
Just Say Go

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2007 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Just Say GoSend a Private Message to Just Say GoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jstricker:

As I discussed in Email with Just Say Go, I have a spiffy new GPS in my truck and I've just let it run. It does some cool things and one of them is that it figures what my average speed is while moving only, for as long as I leave it un-reset. I live in KS, lots of interstate and highway driving, very little stop and go or around town. Care to guess my average speed over the last 4,000 miles???????

I'll give you a clue. Well, more like the answer..... 43.5 mph.

In figuring a trip like this there is really no way you're going to average MORE than this speed if you stop for lunches, sightsee, etc. No way in the world. Figure it at 3,000 miles minimum and 40 mph and you come up with 75 to 80 hours of non-stop driving. But there are going to be stops. Many stops. Many impromptu shows. Q&A sessions with passers-by. That IS what this is all about, relaxing, having fun, a great, long cruise. I'd guess the average daily speed including stops to be more like 20 mph, tops, which means that on a typical day one might cover a couple hundred miles.

When we initially chatted, I though 3 weeks would be cutting it a bit close, but I still think it's do-able, so I'd try to stick with that Mr. Gas. If you dilly dally about too much, it becomes a bit boring, just MHO.

Regardless, 3 weeks, 4 weeks, it sounds like fun and I'm going to get as much information to help in KS as I can.

John Stricker

Edited to add...............

Route 50 just happens to pass by Pueblo Motorsports Park in Pueblo, CO as well as La Junta Raceway at La Junta, CO. Just throwing that out there....................

About a week ago I was trying to put dates on this, and decided on Monday, June 7, to Friday, June 25. That's nearly 3 weeks... it's 19 days. 3,100 miles divided by 19 days = 163+ miles per day. That's a rather quick pace if we're going to make all the stops for which this is intended (John, you sure understood the spirit of this, in the few emails we exchanged!). If we extend it 4 weeks to Friday, July 2... 3,100 miles divided by 26 days = 119 miles per day. That is much more in line with my expectations. I'm going to see what some of my non-Fiero contacts think about this.

The editor of the Planning Commissioners Journal is doing the full tour this year from May 28 to July 10. His blog is here. But he's taking just over 6 weeks because of business stops in the various cities & towns. It should be very informative, however, to watch his blog.

------------------

------------------

jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2007 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm just giving this a bump so it stays in the announcements, even though there's a thread on it in the main forum as well. The only bad publicity is no publicity.

John Stricker
wikid_one

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2007 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it is safe to say that I am the member closest to the easternmost end of Route 50
FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2007 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just Say Go

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2007 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Just Say GoSend a Private Message to Just Say GoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's good!

I have been dealing with a lot of personal issues lately, but we'll move along on this some more very soon. Some of the web pages will get some improvements soon too I hope. The responses continue to be super.
Just Say Go

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2007 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Just Say GoSend a Private Message to Just Say GoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi, kids. "Just Say Go" has been more like "Just Have a Horrible Summer", for ME at least. But I'll be on my feet again by the end of the year, probably sooner. Just keeping the thread alive and letting people know I still am too.

I still get emails from people filling out the Contact Us form on the website, even without any advertisement or promotion of the event. And I can't believe how many are saying they intend to go the entire distance of the tour (although it's designed as a "relay"). But if you have the time, the bank account, and a dependable Fiero (now there's an oxymoron) to go the full tour, it would certainly be one of the most memorable trips of your lifetime, and right here in the USA.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2007 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I can save 5 bucks a day till tee time I may be in for the whole course.
Or If I have not blown my saving on blow or hookers by then I could just use some of that. Cruising the Country sounds like a lot more fun!

------------------

Though I am branded a devil in priests clothing I cast not the raiment I wear for I am not beholden to any flock with which any color has been given to me.

Just Say Go

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2008 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Just Say GoSend a Private Message to Just Say GoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

If I can save 5 bucks a day till tee time I may be in for the whole course.
Or If I have not blown my saving on blow or hookers by then I could just use some of that. Cruising the Country sounds like a lot more fun!

Good points!

I'm still promising to get more promotion of this underway soon, after moving to another state in a couple of weeks. A few website improvements will come first. Fiero clubs are starting to put the link in their websites & newsletters. All the responses are still very positive!

If you live on or near Route 50, I need photos.

------------------

------------------

twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2008 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Depending on how much time the route takes I plan on taking the entire thing. I should have at least one Fiero up to "reliable" by then
(Would I get extra points for the drive to the start point from home?)
Brad
Just Say Go

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2008 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Just Say GoSend a Private Message to Just Say GoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

Depending on how much time the route takes I plan on taking the entire thing. I should have at least one Fiero up to "reliable" by then
(Would I get extra points for the drive to the start point from home?)
Brad

Awesome! You are the 8th to say you want to go coast to coast. An email update has been sent to you. From start to finish, the entire trip could easily take 3 weeks. I am going to try to keep it to that, because of the additional time for people to get from their home and back. But it's designed as a relay, and I don't want to sacrifice the enjoyment of the trip for those going shorter distances just because the long-haulers need to hurry up. Where there are things to stop and see or do, we're going to stop and do 'em. But once the schedule is set, we WILL have to stick to it.

PFF
System Bot
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little bump, cause everyone should have some G.A.S.
Just Say Go

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2008 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Just Say GoSend a Private Message to Just Say GoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero 25 - Mark:

A little bump, cause everyone should have some G.A.S.

That's right... we all need GAS.

Did y'all notice the new banner ad?

Just Say Go

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2008 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Just Say GoSend a Private Message to Just Say GoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just wanted to get another post in here before Cliff gets rid of the Club Announcements section...

... made ya look!!!

------------------

---------------------
The Fiero Store is the
exclusive sponsor of GAS

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page