Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Iowa Governor lifts all COVID restrictions (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Iowa Governor lifts all COVID restrictions by blackrams
Started on: 02-06-2021 06:11 PM
Replies: 69 (1074 views)
Last post by: blackrams on 03-05-2021 01:10 PM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2021 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Something I came across

Rams

I would like to see some context to that graph, as it seems a bit askew .
Is the flu part an overall summary of average flu years or specific to the 2019/2020 flu season?

IP: Logged
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2021 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I would like to see some context to that graph, as it seems a bit askew .
Is the flu part an overall summary of average flu years or specific to the 2019/2020 flu season?

I would invite you to visit the CDC website for that information. I honestly can't answer that question.

Rams
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2021 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I would invite you to visit the CDC website for that information. I honestly can't answer that question.

Rams

I did, which is why I asked for more context. The graph doesn't match what CDC's stats for 2019/2020 flu season shows nor what the weekly stats for both flu and Covid show.

The information used to make that graph appear to be nearly a year old. It states: "US Data as of March 18 2020".
On that date, there were less than 200 total deaths from Covid in the USA.

Scroll down to the graphs:
https://www.worldometers.in...onavirus/country/us/

I didn't see that particular graph (the one you shared) anywhere on CDC's website tho the note at the bottom of the graph you posted says it came from there in some form. "CDC: CDC Covid Response Team"
It also says 'Insider', so it may be a home grown graph using some kind of data from CDC but the graph itself is made by Business Insider?

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 02-11-2021).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2021 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I suspect that if one wishes to look long and hard enough, one can find a graph or information to support their own perspective.
I won't argue either way on the graphs. Just something I happen to come across I thought was interesting.

If, the science doesn't back it up, then dis-regard it.

Rams
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2021 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I suspect that if one wishes to look long and hard enough, one can find a graph or information to support their own perspective.
I won't argue either way on the graphs. Just something I happen to come across I thought was interesting.

Rams

Exactly!

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2021 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Exactly!

Please don't interpret that last statement as any thing to support anyone's position. The first sentence is just as applicable.

SNIP

Rams

Rams
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2021 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not interested in finding graphs or information to support 'anyone's (including my own 'perspective').
I'm interested in data that supports science.
It is only from science that I can & will have a realistic perspective.
All else is just hyperbole and rhetoric trying to support the unsupportable.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2021 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm not interested in finding graphs or information to support 'anyone's (including my own 'perspective').
I'm interested in data that supports science.
It is only from science that I can & will have a realistic perspective.
All else is just hyperbole and rhetoric trying to support the unsupportable.

Rams
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2021 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One month later, what should we make of this?: https://coronavirus.iowa.go...come-analysis-deaths

More charts/graphs at the link.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2021 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

One month later, what should we make of this?: https://coronavirus.iowa.go...come-analysis-deaths

I would interpret it as folks are finally taking this threat seriously and trying to follow CDC guidelines combined with COVID-19 vaccinations.
But, that's just my opinion.
I don't buy into the total deaths thing the media is still pushing, there is a difference between dying of and dying with COVID. But, the lessened hospitalizations is huge. None of what I say should suggest that I don't think COVID-19 is a serious virus and believe we should all take precautions to subdue it's effects.

Rams
Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2021 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

That covid flu has run its course just as the 1918 flu did and this is the outcome reguardless of the things tried to slow it including masks and "social distancing".
PFF
System Bot
USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2021 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

With a 99.9% survival rate it might be hard to tell.

...and making the assumption that 100% of infections have been accounted for. Logistically that's impossible. Much easier to believe the infection numbers were 3-4 times what is 'known.'

I had it and have the test results to prove it and while I was miserable for about nine days - possibly from the steroids and antibiotics prescribed because of my history of pneumonia - it was not the sickest I've been.

Every case is an infection, not every infection is a case. Pandemics are over when people say they are over.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2021 06:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Texas lifts COVID emergency order and mask mandate.

Texas is open for business.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2021 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

Does that mean I can go about what I have been doing all along, ?

USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2021 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Does that mean I can go about what I have been doing all along, ?

Looks like Freedom is back on the menu!
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2021 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I would interpret it as folks are finally taking this threat seriously and trying to follow CDC guidelines combined with COVID-19 vaccinations.
But, that's just my opinion.
I don't buy into the total deaths thing the media is still pushing, there is a difference between dying of and dying with COVID. But, the lessened hospitalizations is huge. None of what I say should suggest that I don't think COVID-19 is a serious virus and believe we should all take precautions to subdue it's effects.

Rams

There have not yet been enough people immunized nor has there been enough time pass for immunizations to make any statistical difference in infection or hospitalization rates. Only about 10% of the adult US population have been vaccinated as of yesterday.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2021 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Only about 10% of the adult US population have been vaccinated as of yesterday.

Biden promised 100 million shots in arms in his first 100 days. He was told that we, under the Trump administration, were going to be there any ways, so he upped it to 150 million.

Just the other day Biden was bragging he had got to 50 million. One seventh of the US population. That's more than ten percent.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2021 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35921 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by Wichita:

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2021 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35921 posts
Member since Jun 2003
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2021 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Biden promised 100 million shots in arms in his first 100 days. He was told that we, under the Trump administration, were going to be there any ways, so he upped it to 150 million.

Just the other day Biden was bragging he had got to 50 million. One seventh of the US population. That's more than ten percent.

Biden and you, can say whatever you want to. He was referring to "at least 1 shot', which for much of the populous is not the whole enchilada.
https://www.usnews.com/news...ated-for-coronavirus

Biden marks 50 million COVID-19 vaccinations across the US .
2 days ago — The total number of people in the US who've received at least one dose, ... President Joe Biden says that 50 million coronavirus vaccine shots .

It's like being pregnant. No such thing as being partly pregnant nor is being partly vaccinated the same as getting both shots.

https://www.cnet.com/health...tions-across-the-us/

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-03-2021).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2021 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was told today that a couple more states lifted all restrictions.

https://www.aol.com/news/fa...demic-180553773.html

Apparently my new home state (Mississippi) is one of them.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 03-03-2021).]

PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2021 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Apparently my new home state (Mississippi) is one of them.

Biden called us the "N" word. Neanderthals. An insult is an insult.
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post03-04-2021 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Neanderthals had larger brains but believed to be slower. Mixing with them is where Whites and Asians got an altered portion of the inner brain, a change that allows a widened reasoning.ability.

Did we get Neanderthal privilege?

Oh, hundreds have now died from the covid RNA experimental gene therapy drug.

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 03-04-2021).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2021 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:

Oh, hundreds have now died from the covid RNA experimental gene therapy drug.

Hundreds? Hadn't heard that but, a few with bad reactions won't surprise me, not everyone has the same reaction. Some folks are allergic to peanuts, most aren't.
Haven't seen any data to back up the hundreds claim but, I have seen data showing millions have been vaccinated.

Rams
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post03-04-2021 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thousands have had adverse reactions.
If it's not on the agenda, then agenda sources aren't going to propagate it.

I never showed an allergy to peanuts until recently. It's mild.

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 03-04-2021).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2021 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
joe says that this type of loosening of restrictions is "Neanderthal". Way to go there "party of unification".
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2021 02:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:
joe says that this type of loosening of restrictions is "Neanderthal". Way to go there "party of unification".

At the end of today's (March 4) "11th Hour" on MSNBC, anchor Brian Williams had some fun with that, airing brief clips of things that Trump has said in front of microphones or on Twitter. When he had access to Twitter.

But I didn't come here to "talk o’ gin and beer." I came to talk about Texas Governor Greg Abbott. CNN's Chris Cuomo and Dr Ashish Jha from Brown University were (trying to) "torch" Texas Governor Abbott over his highly publicized "opening" of Texas.

What caught my attention the most was this: Texas Gov. Abbott stalled federal offer to test migrants [for Covid] then blamed them for spreading Covid.

"The Biden administration has been releasing immigrants in south Texas that have been exposing Texans to Covid," Abbott, a Republican, said in a CNBC interview Thursday.

I dunno. Is there something to that? Should I look to Fox News or Newsmax or some of the more "red" (as in Red State) online venues to get the full story about this?

Here's two more current CNN reports (text) if anyone wants to scroll quickly through some "Fake News."

"Texas Gov. Abbott faces backlash after lifting coronavirus restrictions"
https://www.cnn.com/2021/03...-handling/index.html

"'It's too soon for it': Small business owners react to Texas dropping mask mandate"
https://www.cnn.com/2021/03...-19-masks/index.html

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-05-2021).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2021 06:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Biden called us the "N" word. Neanderthals. An insult is an insult.

It's a different day. Now, Mr "B" says he did not call us Neanderthals. That we were just using Neanderthal thinking.

Is he using Black thinking or Brown thinking ?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2021 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2021 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

https://www.cbsnews.com/new...ssissippi-retailers/

Despite the push to reopen, Texas and Mississippi residents will still need to wear face masks if they want to step inside many supermarkets and other large retail chains. The retailers, which include Kroger, Target and Walgreens, cited guidelines from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in continuing to require masks and take other measures to protect workers and consumers from the virus.

"There is no change at this time to the company mask mandate policy or any current safety protocols that are in place in our stores or any work locations to protect our customers and team members. We are following current CDC and OSHA guidelines regarding safety protocols," a spokesperson for Walgreens said in an email.

I view this as the Retailer's right, it's their property and they can set the rules. If I don't like it, there's always another store around the corner.

Rams
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock