Started on: 02-06-2021 05:18 PM
Replies: 8 (180 views)
Last post by: MidEngineManiac on 02-06-2021 07:08 PM
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2021 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by railshot:

I got back into creating music.
I had played keyboards in a few bands back in the late 60's and mid 70's, but just keyboards was not enough.

I THEN DISCOVERED DAW'S! (Digital Audio Workstations).

The fantastic thing about these are you do not even need to know how to play (but it does help) and you can get your musical creativity out.

There was a recent thread where one of our members was wondering what retirees do to fill their day. I was kind of puzzled by the question as I've personally never had any problems with being bored, either before or after retiring. I've always had "projects" of one sort or another.

In the thread that I linked to above, I enjoyed what Railshot had to say about Digital Work Stations, and was rather intrigued by the music of his that he had made available on SoundCloud. I responded to his post Here, with a short explanation of my own experience with one of these type programs.

Back in the 90's I had spent considerable time with MIDI keyboards, drum machines, sequencers etc, so I've had some prior experience with creating music. I then spent a few days in 2011 experimenting with Mixcraft 5 (which has now been revised/updated to Mixcraft 9). Mixcraft allows a person to create original music by assembling loops and samples. True, it's kind of "cheating", since it's not necessary to actually play an instrument (hats off to williegoat), but it's still a viable way to get a tune out of your head for others to hear. It's also a way to acquire music to use as background for YouTube videos, and to not have the video "blocked" due to copyright infringement.

Anyway... after listening to Railshot's uploaded music, I felt inspired to dig up the WAV file of the music clip I had created ten years ago, and to merge it with video of me autocrossing my '88 Formula back in 2014. This was footage shot by a GoPro camera that was stuck onto the side of my Fiero by another one of the drivers that day. I downloaded his footage from YouTube, but I was therefore limited to what he had uploaded... so I needed to get creative. Yes, I had some fun with it.

This is a combination of my hobbies/interests involving Fieros, autocrossing, shooting/editing video and creating music. Crank up the audio!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post02-06-2021 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice.

I've combined plinking, guns, design and 3d printing.

Right now I am working on a stock for a Berretta CX4 Storm to take the guts of a Crosman 1077 (a CX1077). Yes the Storm is banned in Canada, so I am incorporating enough changes to circumvent the "significantly similar" and "near identical" provisions of dumbasses "I'm scared of how it looks" bans.

It'll take me a month or 2 of fitting it in between other stuff, but in the end I'll put the file up for sale on Cults for 10 bucks or something and it will eventually pay for itself and then some.

As a bonus, I am REVELING in being able to give TruDumb and the left the finger. There is NOTHING they can ban that I cant find a way to circumvent.

**** yas.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 02-06-2021).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2021 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is it really necessary to state political views in every thread? Geez...
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-06-2021 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When the 2 are so closely intertwined, its impossible to separate them.

Give this country back the gun freedom we had before 1998 and it wont be a political issue anymore.

I had no problems with the old FAC system, ya got a background check then did and bought pretty much whatever you wanted. Libtards ****ed that up.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2021 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2021 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Is it really necessary to state political views in every thread? Geez...

MEM is just combining his hobbies. You know, computers and complaining. I'll bet he is smoking and drinking too.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-06-2021 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Smoking ?

Yup, for 45 years and the anti-tobacco crowd can go find somebody who gives a **** about what what they like. They arent (and never really were) welcome in my existence in the 1st place. (in real life offline). Same goes for vegans, religion and those damn cheery people who insist on talking before noon and/or I have 5 coffees in me.

GO AWAY and dont bother me. Or do have to do it for them ?

Drinking ? not yet but I'll get around to it later. The law, government, prohibition and women's Christian league can kiss my ass and go away on that one too.

Ya dont like the way I'm livin then maybe the whole world needs to mind its own business and .....

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-06-2021 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MidEngineManiac

29566 posts
Member since Feb 2007
Sorry Patrick, didnt mean to turn the thread...

But you asked what we were doing, and got an honest answer.

How you handle that, is up to you.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-06-2021 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MidEngineManiac

29566 posts
Member since Feb 2007

Originally posted by williegoat:

MEM is just combining his hobbies. You know, computers and complaining. I'll bet he is smoking and drinking too.

14 hours from now, that will be one piece of 17 that makes a legal gun in Canada. No mechanism, just the platic parts.

Yes its legal

No, I dont give a **** about anybody's objections or feelings.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 02-06-2021).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock