Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  All electric Fieros are now possible...with the blessing of GM and Chevy

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
All electric Fieros are now possible...with the blessing of GM and Chevy by htexans1
Started on: 10-29-2020 07:01 PM
Replies: 39 (4351 views)
Last post by: Rickady88GT on 11-04-2020 06:45 PM
htexans1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2020 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://arstechnica.com/car...yeTINR0xcfREcIbjex1Y

What is this link?

Its the key to an all electric Fiero, Chevell Z28 etc.

Chevrolet is releasing an electric powertrain into the aftermarket for your own cars.

Im just waiting for Tesla to do the same. lol

Electric crate motor? works for me.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2020 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder what road block California will throw at this.

I would drive an electric Fiero. I know there are already a couple home built ones.
OldsFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2020 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OldsFieroSend a Private Message to OldsFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shocking!
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2020 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder what outrageous price GM will charge for these components?

Nelson
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2020 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm wondering where you could put the batteries without screwing up the weight bias.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2020 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good question Willie.
A battery pack probably weighs a lot more than a full to the brim Fiero centerline fuel tank. 10.2 gals I believe is the 'official capacity' x 6.3lbs/gal=64.2 lbs. I don't know how much the empty tank itself weighs.. I guess about 20lbs from memory of replacing one in an 84.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2020 05:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the price is reasonable, I will be seriously thinking about it.

I'm currently converting my Fiero into an EV, and although I do have my eye on an electric motor to use on it, I haven't got it yet. So if this is a good option, I'm seriously interested.

Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2020 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That battery pack looks HUGE, even in the back of an old Blazer. I've no idea how you'd stuff that under a Fiero. So, you still have to do the battery pack and motor to transmission adapter by yourself, at least for a Fiero or other "non-supported" application.

Still tempting....
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2020 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2020 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zeb:

That battery pack looks HUGE, even in the back of an old Blazer. I've no idea how you'd stuff that under a Fiero. So, you still have to do the battery pack and motor to transmission adapter by yourself, at least for a Fiero or other "non-supported" application.

Still tempting....

I did not look into it, but does it require a transmission?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2020 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DC Plasma Fiero. There were several threads in GFC about it, but looks like most went the way of so many photobucket images did.
I'm sure there are different ways (better? ) to do it nowadays but this one was pretty impressive back in 2012.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...160323-1-088739.html

http://www.evalbum.com/2453%20

The little shorty transmission looking thing is an overdrive unit to provide 2 speeds.

Build thread is here:
https://www.diyelectriccar....d-10sec-fiero.69476/

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 10-30-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
OldGuyinaGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2020 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OldGuyinaGTSend a Private Message to OldGuyinaGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No doubt or question that all-electric Fieros are not only possible but exist (as DIYs at least) but the soon-to-be-available GM Electronic Connect and Cruise Package crate setup would be nearly impossible to incorporate into a Fiero, at least with the currently-supplied 60 kWh battery pack shown in this article:

https://www.motorauthority....electric-crate-motor

I also think the price of entry is about 10k.

But I have seen at least one company that claims to be able to convert ANY car to full electric (don't remember the name but they sure looked good in the story). So I got curious and found this:

https://www.hybridcenter.or...onversion-companies/

so I guess there's hope, even if it's outside the reach of my wallet.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2020 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OldGuyinaGT:

I also think the price of entry is about 10k.

Shooooooooooooooooooooop !!!!

That's the sound of all the enthusiasm being sucked out of the room.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 11-01-2020).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2020 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Much like the V8 conversion I did, I wouldn't expect to convert a Fiero into and EV and not modify it.
There would be a lot of modification and fabrication needed. I watched the video of the guy that is doing Tesla drive train conversions and saw two. One was 450 HP and one was 600 HP.
Both required extensive reinforcement to the subframe.

Remove as much weight as possible.

Start with
Fuel tank and center console
Engine and transmission
Radiator (depending on what options you want there may be a need for a radiator)

Unless you are looking to keep the feel of the standard shift transmission you would want to use the same transmission currently used in most EV
Fuel tank, you wont need that anymore.
Center console, with the frame you would need to install to support the instant TQ of an electric motor you could remove the center console and replace it with a tube frame. You could also gain the firewall space behind the seats.
Both of these could be used to put battery packs in and have access by installing removable panels. The firewall could be extended into the engine compartment as well to give more room for batteries.
This would also give better weight distribution over filling the trunk and front compartment.
The coolant tubes could be replaced with a tube chassis to tie the front and rear frames together to help with strength after removing the center tunnel structure.

So lets use the Tesla S for comparisons.
Fiero
Wheelbase 93.4 in
Track width 57.8 in (I don't know if this is correct.)
Curb weight 2,460 to 2,789 lb

Tesla S3
Wheelbase 113.2 in
Track Width 62.2 in
Base Curb Weight 4100 lb

electric motor + inverter 350 lb
differential - 175 lb
Battery Pack - 1300 lb

So removing the engine and transmission and just installing the batteries and drive train curb weight around 4,325 lb

Looking at the Tesla

The front and rear could be transplanted from a wrecked Tesla and you would get the suspension, brakes and power steering.
I don't know if the track width of the Fiero is correct, if it is well wide body it is

This would not be something a backyard mechanic is going to do in a couple of weekends. But its not past some of the guys here on this board.

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 11-01-2020).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2020 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would really like to see a transverse electric "drop-in" motor. Something like that would be perfect for the Fiero. We can find room for the various batteries... some in the front, some in the gas tank tunnel, and some in the engine compartment. The Fiero doesn't need much...
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2020 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Shooooooooooooooooooooop !!!!

That's the sound of all the enthusiasm being sucked out of the room.

Well, I would ask, what is the cost of any professionally installed engine swap?
I love the do it yourself swaps, but some things just can't be done in an average home shop. I think a top of the line manufacturer sponsored engine swap in the $10g range is about acceptable. It may even have a warranty?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2020 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

Well, I would ask, what is the cost of any professionally installed engine swap?
I love the do it yourself swaps, but some things just can't be done in an average home shop. I think a top of the line manufacturer sponsored engine swap in the $10g range is about acceptable.

Well damn, if now you're talking "professionally installed"... an electric Fiero project would probably be closer to $20k.

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2020 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well damn, if now you're talking "professionally installed"... an electric Fiero project would probably be closer to $20k.

Let's not not take the typical off topic discussions to other discussions.
I respect your opinions as I respect others outside of politics.
My comments are open for discussion and debate for the betterment of the Fiero hobby.
Yes I think if a person can do a professional quality swap potentially with a factory warranty, if the components were available to us. It would be a great deal foe 10g for example look at the cost of an E Rod LS3.My LS4 with used parts would cost twice that if not more ( to do it the way I wanted it done) if I payed someone to do it for me. Check Archie for LS swaps prices.
I like the factory involvement in advancing our hobby and I hope people show enough interest to keep GM investing in it.

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 11-02-2020).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2020 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder what it would take to get an EV Fiero inspected and tagged in CA.
There is no way I could do this where I currently live but damn this sounds like fun.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2020 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

I wonder what it would take to get an EV Fiero inspected and tagged in CA.
There is no way I could do this where I currently live but damn this sounds like fun.

Good question, it never crossed my mind as a problem. There is no emissions systems to test so I assume they would verify that the car is actually all electric?
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2020 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Good question, it never crossed my mind as a problem. There is no emissions systems to test so I assume they would verify that the car is actually all electric?

Can I convert my car to be an electric vehicle?

Any vehicle registered in California may be converted to a 100% electric drive, as long as all power is supplied by on-board batteries. All combustion and fuel system components must be removed prior to inspection by a California Bureau of Automotive Repairs Referee station. The vehicle must arrive at the inspection site under its own power, and the referee will also visually inspect to ensure that the vehicle has adequate battery storage capacity for 100% electric operation. Once the inspection is complete, the referee will sign a DMV "statement of Facts" form so that the vehicle can be registered as an EV and removed from the periodic smog inspection program. The statement of fact form is returned to the California department of motor vehicles. To schedule an appointment with California Bureau of Automotive Repairs Referee station
PFF
System Bot
DimeMachine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2020 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are still in the first inning of swaps of EV into older cars like the Fiero. I hope I live another 20 years - it will be fun!

------------------
84/87 NB, 3800SC, E-85, VS Cam, 2.8 Pulley, 4T65E-HD, HP Tuners, AEM Wideband, Regal GS Gauges, S-10 Brake Booster. 1/4 mile -11.85 at 114mph

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2020 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DimeMachine:

We are still in the first inning of swaps of EV into older cars like the Fiero. I hope I live another 20 years - it will be fun!

Don't we all!

Personally, if we're gonna go that far, then I'm wanting an AWD Fiero.

Not sure how much that battery pack would weigh for that many (3) drive motors but, I do have a trailer hitch on one of my Fieros.
Might look a bit strange on the auto-cross course.

Rams
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2020 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Let's not not take the typical off topic discussions to other discussions.
I respect your opinions as I respect others outside of politics.
My comments are open for discussion and debate for the betterment of the Fiero hobby.

Ummm... I don't know what you've possibly read into anything I've stated in this thread that would motivate you to post that.

Nothing I've stated in this thread has any connection whatsoever to "other discussions".

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 11-02-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2020 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Don't we all!

Personally, if we're gonna go that far, then I'm wanting an AWD Fiero.

Not sure how much that battery pack would weigh for that many (3) drive motors but, I do have a trailer hitch on one of my Fieros.
Might look a bit strange on the auto-cross course.

Rams

Go whole hog and get one that drives itself........but not one like this:
https://mashable.com/articl...-autonomous-driving/

https://twitter.com/i/status/1321800383505657856

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2020 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$7,500 ball park for a DIY starter kit. Still have to source the batteries.

Factory Five Project 818 Electric Conversion Kit, AC Motor, Regen Brakes, Liquid Cooled Controller

This also looks like it uses the existing drive train. They list a MR2 as well for the same price.
That is why I was looking at the Tesla drive train, it would be a complete replacement.
To do this nice and have a reliable good looking car I would expect to be around $20000 If you already have a nice Fiero, well shame on you for cutting up a nice Fiero

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 11-02-2020).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2020 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ummm... I don't know what you've possibly read into anything I've stated in this thread that would motivate you to post that.

Nothing I've stated in this thread has any connection whatsoever to "other discussions".

The connection is your arguing. $10,000 is what a do it yourself swap can cost, and a professional swap can double that tag. Even just buying a total electric car that has all of the needed parts can cost $10,000. An E Rod do it yourself engine swap from a catalog is 13k+.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2020 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Go whole hog and get one that drives itself........but not one like this:
https://mashable.com/articl...-autonomous-driving/

https://twitter.com/i/status/1321800383505657856

Don,
Although that would be interesting, the whole point (for me) would be to drive it myself.
Next thing I'll be hearing/reading is flying a drone is as much fun as piloting a helicopter.

Rams
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2020 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The connection is your arguing.

Ummm... need I mention that it was you who first felt the need Here to "argue" with me? I didn't think much of it... until you, for whatever reason, began trying to make an issue out of nothing!
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2020 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ummm... need I mention that it was you who first felt the need Here to "argue" with me? I didn't think much of it... until you, for whatever reason, began trying to make an issue out of nothing!

Don't worry, you do not need to mention,...I will just quote your starting of another argument

Well damn, if now you're talking ......

This is what I was talking about. Engine swaps are not cheap, even the do it your self stuff can cost a lot. This is an example of a do it yourself swap, that starts out VERY expensive for only some of the required components.

If I were to do an electric vehicle swap, I would buy a totaled EV donor and start from there.
The next and probably better option is a drive train from a manufacturer like GM, like the E Rod crate engine.
The 3rd option is probably the most expensive and it is to pay a professional for a turn key conversion, like Archie.

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 11-03-2020).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2020 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002
Some battery pack can be reconfigured into a different shape. The new batteries are not as rigid in construction as the old lead/acid batteries. Re stacking the individual cells to form a more compatible shape can be possible. Not easy by any means, but it is an option.
I think the Fiero can support a battery shaped like a "T" in the gas tank space. The top of the T would be in the front tire tub area. I have no idea how much it would weigh, but I would love to work on a project like this.
https://electrek.co/2018/04/17/diy-li-ion-battery/

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2020 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I will just quote your starting of another argument

I was simply responding to your challenge of my post, speaking to you in colloquial terms.

Rick, for whatever reason, you continue to find fault with anything/everything I say to you... comments that are made with absolutely no malice intended. Please do us both a favor and refrain from engaging with me.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2020 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Until the junk yards start filling up with wrecks I don't see there being a cheep DIY solution.
A tesla conversion would be ideal but damn used parts are expensive.
As more automotive companies start building EVs the price may come down some.
Biggest problem is the software agreements would exclude most of us from a home brew install.

But there are alternatives and the prices are coming down. Give it another 2-3 years.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2020 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Until the junk yards start filling up with wrecks I don't see there being a cheep DIY solution.
A tesla conversion would be ideal but damn used parts are expensive.
As more automotive companies start building EVs the price may come down some.
Biggest problem is the software agreements would exclude most of us from a home brew install.

But there are alternatives and the prices are coming down. Give it another 2-3 years.

I am enjoying my Ford Fusion hybrid. I am impressed with it's fuel economy and power. It is not a race car or full electric but does get great fuel economy. So as of right now I would lean towards a Fusion hybrid for a Fiero swap. I like the idea of a back up gas engine to make up for the short comings of the full electric. 5 minutes to fill up enough gas for 500 miles and no problems finding filling stations.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2020 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am enjoying my Ford Fusion hybrid. I am impressed with it's fuel economy and power. It is not a race car or full electric but does get great fuel economy. So as of right now I would lean towards a Fusion hybrid for a Fiero swap. I like the idea of a back up gas engine to make up for the short comings of the full electric. 5 minutes to fill up enough gas for 500 miles and no problems finding filling stations.

I agree that for every day use an EV would never be my first choice. But there is something about an all electric car with instant max TQ, you wouldn't need one with a lot of HP to have a fun car.
If the transmission/differential had several gears then speed would also not be an issue.

The problem I see with a Hybrid Fiero is where do you put everything?
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2020 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I agree that for every day use an EV would never be my first choice. But there is something about an all electric car with instant max TQ, you wouldn't need one with a lot of HP to have a fun car.
If the transmission/differential had several gears then speed would also not be an issue.

The problem I see with a Hybrid Fiero is where do you put everything?

Now this is getting good
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2020 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002
Ok, there are other cars that can donate a drive train. Another is the Volt, this car is all electric The difference is that the Volt has a gas engine that runs a huge generator, this generator charges a battery AND can power the electric motor like a locomotive. So, you have the "power" of an electric with charging capability AND convince of a gas engine all in one.
Then there is the several manufacturers that offer a version of hybrid technology.
First, decide what you want the car to do for you and the rest is matching a donor car to your needs.
I think fitting the components in the car can be done, but some of the stuff might take up your luggage space? But without any electric car conversion experience, my guess is that building a "Fiero" specific battery is without doubt the biggest hurdle.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2020 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002
I am an admitted Toyota hater (just in jest) but I would even do a Fiero........prius....that hurt to type LOL. BUT I would be open to advancement of the cause........especially if it involves an LS rool:

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2020 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As much as I would like a home grown EV where all of the parts were sourced here in the states, that would be an impossible task.

Unlike hot rods and old school Detroit steel, EVs are a modern thing and parts sources use modern mentality.
So part that Prius, the more you take off the road the less I have to deal with them.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2020 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As much as I would like a home grown EV where all of the parts were sourced here in the states, that would be an impossible task.

Unlike hot rods and old school Detroit steel, EVs are a modern thing and parts sources use modern mentality.
So part that Prius, the more you take off the road the less I have to deal with them.

LOL, yah, I guess an electric or hybrid Fiero isn't as likely to be driven like a Prius?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock