Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Has Died at 87 (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Has Died at 87 by CoolBlue87GT
Started on: 09-18-2020 07:39 PM
Replies: 101 (1683 views)
Last post by: blackrams on 09-26-2020 07:59 PM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2020 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Hi-ho, hi-ho, hi-ho! Ding-dong......

It just occurred to me that those are not only the words to a song from "The Wizard of Oz", but also names of Hostess snack cake products. Does that make Chuck Schumer a Twinkie?

After Kevin McCarthy threatened to call a vote to remove Pelosi as speaker, she decided that it would not be wise to pursue another impeachment. The flying monkeys are fed up with her crap.

things could snowball if they aren't careful.....

IP: Logged
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2020 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hi-ho, hi-ho, hi-ho! Ding-dong......

It just occurred to me that those are not only the words to a song from "The Wizard of Oz", but also names of Hostess snack cake products. Does that make Chuck Schumer a Twinkie?

After Kevin McCarthy threatened to call a vote to remove Pelosi as speaker, she decided that it would not be wise to pursue another impeachment. The flying monkeys are fed up with her crap.

Want to know who is almost a full decade older than Nasty Nan from San Fran?

Dianne Feinstein.

She's 87 years old. Same as Ginsburg.

Want to know who the Dems have to rely on in the Senate to help lead their upcoming battle on the Judiciary Committee against the President's SCOTUS nominee?

The lefty blogs are buzzing with their angst and worry that old "DiFi" is woefully inept for this. She's way past her "sell by date".

That pretty much leaves "Spartacus" Booker and "Heels Up" Harris to reprise their Kavanaugh performances as the "attack dogs" and I think it's unlikely that Harris is going to do much to stir the sh*t bucket too much for herself this close to November.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 09-24-2020).]

Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2020 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Want to know who is almost a full decade older than Nasty Nan from San Fran?

Dianne Feinstein.

She's 87 years old. Same as Ginsburg.

Want to know who the Dems have to rely on in the Senate to help lead their upcoming battle on the Judiciary Committee against the President's SCOTUS nominee?

The lefty blogs are buzzing with their angst and worry that old "DiFi" is woefully inept for this. She's way past her "sell by date".

That pretty much leaves "Spartacus" Booker and "Heels Up" Harris to reprise their Kavanaugh performances as the "attack dogs" and I think it's unlikely that Harris is going to do much to stir the sh*t bucket too much for herself this close to November.

I am willing to bet that Heels up is going to go "full retard" (from the movie Tropic Thunder). She has no interviews and needs attention. She has to feel the pressure of not being able to tell her side of the story and campaign for herself. This nomination (job interview) is going to be a campaign stage,...don't rule out anything. She needs to make an impact on the voters.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2020 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OH MY GOD!

How heartless can that bastard Cruz possibly be?

WHY would he do such a thing?

"The Senate Democrats put the alleged last wish of Ginsburg, as told by her granddaughter, into the resolution. She allegedly told her granddaughter that she wanted the next president to choose her successor. The implication from that remark is clear – she expected Joe Biden to win the presidential election and she wanted Biden to put another liberal Democrat on the court, not a conservative as President Trump will do."

OH....that's why Senator Cruz did that...

https://hotair.com/archives...ruth-bader-ginsburg/

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2020 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A new political ad:

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2020 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The left wants us to honor her last wish, as if they had an ounce of integrity. The want us to believe that her last wish was that Biden appoint the next justice, as if they had an ounce of honesty.

We should honor the constitution and if she was true to her calling, that would be her wish.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2020 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The left wants us to honor her last wish, as if they had an ounce of integrity. The want us to believe that her last wish was that Biden appoint the next justice, as if they had an ounce of honesty.

We should honor the constitution and if she was true to her calling, that would be her wish.

Yes. We follow the Constitution.

Pointedly, the United States Constitution does NOT provide for any Supreme Court Justice to appoint their own successor, nor does it provide for any Justice to name WHO will appoint their successor.

Ginsburg's alleged last with wish is exactly that.....a wish......(as well as alleged).

"If wishes were horses beggars....Demorats would ride"

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 09-26-2020).]

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2020 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes. We follow the Constitution.

Pointedly, the United States Constitution does NOT provide for any Supreme Court Justice to appoint their own successor, nor does it provide for any Justice naming WHO will appoint their successor.

Ginsburg's alleged last with wish is exactly that.....a wish.

if fishes were wishes we would all have poles
Unless they recorded her last wish and its documented with witnesses I don't believe any of it.
I also do not care. Trump has his duty to the country and one of those is to start the process of filling her chair.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2020 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

if fishes were wishes we would all have poles
Unless they recorded her last wish and its documented with witnesses I don't believe any of it.
I also do not care. Trump has his duty to the country and one of those is to start the process of filling her chair.

A dying "last wish" has no consequence for the departed, only for the living and I don't believe we agree with Justice Ginsburg.
As Justice Ginsburg said in 2016, the President is elected for four years, not three. He has the same powers for the entire term.
Her death left an opening that the President has the constitutional authority to nominate a replacement to. It's the Senate's job to "Advise and Consent" to that appointment.

Since the Republicans control the Senate and the White House, they get who they want. The Pendulum swings both ways and it's been on the left side for a long time.

Don't try telling me the Dems wouldn't be doing the same thing if they controlled those two institutions.

It's a done deal, Dems need to focus on the General Election. They can't do squat about SCOTUS.

My biggest regret is that the Dems didn't offer a better candidate for both President and VP. One can't find his way home by himself and the other is a freaking Liberal.
Was that too harsh?
I am frequently embarrassed to tell folks I'm a registered Democrat but, they forgive me when I tell them I'm also a Conservative.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 09-25-2020).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2020 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

It's a done deal, Dems need to focus on the General Election. They can't do squat about SCOTUS.

Rams

As I mentioned before, Justice Breyer is 82 years old. The oldest Justice on the court and he could easily retire of die during a Trump 2nd term.

If anyone thought that the left was upset about the President's 3rd nomination, you can bet that they will absolutely panic at the thought of a 4th nomination.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2020 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We should find out who the next SCOUS will be in a few hours

Let's get ready for more senseless violence. This round of government sponsored riots is sent to you by the dnc and will be a battle cry till Trump is reelected.

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 09-26-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2020 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

We should find out who the next SCOUS will be in a few hours

ACB

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2020 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it would be cool to have a Barrett in the Supreme Court.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2020 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

I think it would be cool to see an actual conservative on the Court and not Trumps typical center left nominees. I would like to see the democrats actually have something to complain about.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2020 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ACB

Heh heh, Let's take it all.

The Notorious ACB.
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2020 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT: I think it would be cool to see an actual conservative on the Court and not Trumps typical center left nominees.

Don't hold your breath. Before Donald Trump decided to run for President, he was a New York Democrat. People seem to forget that.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2020 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Don't hold your breath. Before Donald Trump decided to run for President, he was a New York Democrat. People seem to forget that.

Trump registered as a Republican in Manhattan in 1987. In 1999, Trump changed his party affiliation to the Independence Party of New York.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post09-26-2020 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As long as the trigger-pull isn’t based on imaginary voices in ones head...isn’t she a bit of a “religious nut”?

“Letting God fix it” isn’t exactly a plan of action...more like a convenient way to explain away the lack of actually solving problems in a way that doesn’t require magical hand-holding.

Bringing religion into decision-making is like pouring the last of your water out based on the closeness of the mirage a voice in your head told was just up ahead...

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2020 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I haven't forgotten. I remember Trump allowing a man to compete in Mrs. America.
Like I said, the democrats have nothing to complain about.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2020 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002

Originally posted by Boondawg:

As long as the trigger-pull isn’t based on imaginary voices in ones head...isn’t she a bit of a “religious nut”?

“Letting God fix it” isn’t exactly a plan of action...more like a convenient way to explain away the lack of actually solving problems in a way that doesn’t require magical hand-holding.

Bringing religion into decision-making is like pouring the last of your water out based on the closeness of the mirage a voice in your head told was just up ahead...

Boon your comment is hateful and senseless. You are the one who brings up religion as a tool in this thread. Her being of faith has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with anything in you comments. The only reason her faith is mentioned by democrats and media is because her (possible) anti-abortion views. For the record lots of people believe abortion is wrong and bringing faith up as an argument against her is hypocritical. Both biden and pelosi are Catholic and the democrats are ok wth that. And lots of people who claim to be of faith support abortion,... obviously.
Your ranting has no place in politics either, I have never heard anyone of faith say they deal with politics and policies as you described.
Do you enjoy insulting people for their faith? You never seem to skip a chance at disrespecting and belittling people for believing in God.

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 09-26-2020).]

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2020 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A snippet from Wikipedia:

Trump registered as a Republican in Manhattan in 1987 and since that time has changed his party affiliation five times. In 1999, Trump changed his party affiliation to the Independence Party of New York. In August 2001, Trump changed his party affiliation to Democratic. In September 2009, Trump changed his party affiliation back to the Republican Party. In December 2011, Trump changed to "no party affiliation" (independent). In April 2012, Trump again returned to the Republican Party.[4]

In a 2004 interview, Trump told CNN's Wolf Blitzer: "In many cases, I probably identify more as Democrat," explaining: "It just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats than the Republicans. Now, it shouldn't be that way. But if you go back, I mean it just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats...But certainly we had some very good economies under Democrats, as well as Republicans. But we've had some pretty bad disaster under the Republicans." In a July 2015 interview, Trump said that he has a broad range of political positions and that "I identify with some things as a Democrat."

In any case, he's not the "savior of the right wing" that many people think he is.

Amy Barrett seems to be pretty right-wing. That does not, however, mean we can trust Donald Trump to consistently nominate right-wing judges. Considering how often his own political affiliation has changed, you can expect him to vacillate on judicial nominations, as well.
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2020 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A snippet from Wikipedia:

In any case, he's not the "savior of the right wing" that many people think he is.

Amy Barrett seems to be pretty right-wing. That does not, however, mean we can trust Donald Trump to consistently nominate right-wing judges. Considering how often his own political affiliation has changed, you can expect him to vacillate on judicial nominations, as well.

Just my opinion but, I consider most folks who always vote a straight ticket to have consumed too much of that particular flavor of Kool Aid. As long as he selects a Constitutionalist, I'm going to be satisfied for the most part. I'd prefer a Centrist or a right leaning jurist but, the important thing is to follow the Constitution. Not to try an write laws. There will be decisions I don't agree with but, that's the way the cookie crumbles. President Trump is not the Savior of the Right but, he has done a commendable job the last three plus years of protecting America and putting America first.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 09-26-2020).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay