Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Portland Rioters Attempt to Murder Cops (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Portland Rioters Attempt to Murder Cops by Doug85GT
Started on: 08-07-2020 12:01 PM
Replies: 107 (1743 views)
Last post by: Boondawg on 09-18-2020 02:50 PM
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2020 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

If what I say as a "non-citizen of the US has little significance" to you, then I don't see why I should bother wasting my time any further in a dialog with you.

That response says enough. Enjoy the protection Officer O'Malley and his brethren provide to you and yours while it lasts. Have a good day.

Rams
IP: Logged
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2020 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

Any relation to the current Trudeau? Is that his father or something? If so... holy crap did that apple fall far from the tree. It fell, rolled down the hill, and then fell off the cliff.

Shows how much you're in touch with events beyond your own border.

Contrary to the shite that MEM posts, Justin Trudeau is no wimp. I never tire of watching the following boxing match where a cocky Conservative Senator got his ass kicked by Trudeau. Listen to the commentators, endlessly mocking Trudeau at the start of the match... and then having to eat crow big time as their guy got absolutely destroyed.

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Yup, thats his supposed father although the scuttlebut is Justine is ACTUALLY Fidel Castro's since Margeret Trudeau was screwing him along with Mick Jagger.

You guys got NOTHING on us when it comes to political scandals. Willie and his cigars is just an amateur.

Was Fidel Castro Justin Trudeau’s Daddy

After reading this bullshit, I visited the site to see where MEM gets his baloney from. Here's a blurb from the site itself.

Winter Watch is not a news publication. It is a news blog focused on the following core issues: the misuse of U.S. and NATO troops in foreign military interventions, the lopsided Israel First agenda in the U.S. and U.K. in particular and the excessive influence of the extremist Likudnik Jewish lobby and their controlled media...

Yep, tells me all I need to know.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2020 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ron...we were soldiers then. And pilots. We are not now. Just old men remembering.

Mind ya, I do remember that little girl in old mexico...

MEM,
Standing up for what you believe in has no age limit.

Rams
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2020 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Standing up for what you believe in has no age limit...

...or nationality. We can leave it at that.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2020 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Shows how much you're in touch with events beyond your own border.

Contrary to the shite that MEM posts, Justin Trudeau is no wimp. I never tire of watching the following boxing match where a cocky Conservative Senator got his ass kicked by Trudeau. Listen to the commentators, endlessly mocking Trudeau at the start of the match... and then having to eat crow big time as their guy got absolutely destroyed.

It shouldn't bother you... there just isn't much going on in Canada that I would ever really concern myself that much. I don't mean this in a bad way, but do you know what's going on in Sweden? Do you know the make-up of the electorate and the various parties and who's in charge? No... you don't, because there's nothing really going on that's of too much concern to you.

I know far more about what's going on in Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, and especially Cuba because there's all kinds of **** going on there. Panama... not so much, because it hasn't been crazy there for ~30 years. But you get what I'm saying. It's not that I don't care... it's just that Canada doesn't have a whole lot going on. The only time I hear anything about Canada is when you and MEM go back and forth about it. Keep in mind, I don't watch "US" media, so you cannot blame "all Americans for being ignorant about the world."

... there just isn't anything going on in Canada... so no one is paying attention.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2020 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...there just isn't much going on in Canada that I would ever really concern myself that much.

You share the longest undefended border in the world with a country that's your second largest trading partner (only behind China), but there's apparently nothing much to "concern" you about Canada. That's umm... interesting.

Yet, you think you know enough about Prime Minister Trudeau to state the following...

holy crap did that apple fall far from the tree. It fell, rolled down the hill, and then fell off the cliff.

So where'd that gem of a comment come from?
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2020 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So where'd that gem of a comment come from?

Because of all the things that I've seen from MEM and you going back and forth on.

Like when I saw him play dress-up in India, and no one was there to meet him (which was kind of disrespectful, if I'm honest)... and then I heard he punched some lady in the tit or something? And another time he insulted some native American lady.

The only other thing we heard here is that Trudeau was weak going up against Trump, and that Canada was going to get totally shut out, and he played his cards poorly, and Trump was like, don't give a damn... and then Trudeau had to come crawling back and beg to be part of the USMCA, and ended up with a worse deal.

Literally all I know about the guy.

I mean, I know a lot about Canada... but not so much about your politics because again... I don't know why I should care, it doesn't affect me. I don't think really anyone follows any other country's politics. I don't follow British politics, but I know they had Brexit and that Theresa May left and now it's Boris Johnson (who looks like Trump). Same as any country in Europe, I could probably name the Prime Minister or President, but no idea the make up of the political parties or why I should care.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2020 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... there just isn't anything going on in Canada... so no one is paying attention.

That's pretty much been the case for the Lion's share of it's history.

Canada really doesn't matter anymore.

Even a Senior Research Fellow at the Canadian Defence and Foreign Affairs Institute says so:

https://diplomatonline.com/...-to-the-u-s-anymore/
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2020 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Because of all the things that I've seen from MEM and you going back and forth on.

Like when I saw him play dress-up in India, and no one was there to meet him (which was kind of disrespectful, if I'm honest)... and then I heard he punched some lady in the tit or something? And another time he insulted some native American lady.

The only other thing we heard here is that Trudeau was weak going up against Trump, and that Canada was going to get totally shut out, and he played his cards poorly, and Trump was like, don't give a damn... and then Trudeau had to come crawling back and beg to be part of the USMCA, and ended up with a worse deal.

Literally all I know about the guy.

No offence, but damn you're naive. Appears that you'll believe anything you're fed, as long as it fits your political narrative.

By the way, enjoy the higher prices on anything made of aluminum... thanks to Trump reimposing the tariffs on aluminum imported from Canada. I noticed how no one wished to discuss that. I wonder why.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2020 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36239 posts
Member since Apr 99

Originally posted by randye:

That's pretty much been the case for the Lion's share of it's history.

Canada really doesn't matter anymore.

Oh, I'm so hurt... as if anything you say matters to anyone anymore.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2020 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh, I'm so hurt... as if anything you say matters to anyone anymore.

Obviously I matter enough to you to attack me again but since I wasn't addressing you, you are free to mind your own damn business......that nobody cares about either.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 08-11-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2020 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13768 posts
Member since Mar 2006

By the way, enjoy the higher prices on anything made of aluminum... thanks to Trump reimposing the tariffs on aluminum imported from Canada. I noticed how no one wished to discuss that. I wonder why.

Because, like the rest of Canada, it doesn't matter.

Canada isn't even on the long list of major bauxite ore producing countries. It imports it.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 08-11-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2020 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Canada isn't even on the long list of major bauxite ore producing countries.

So? Are you importing bauxite or aluminum?

From This site...

Canada is the world’s fourth largest producer of aluminum, after China, Russia and India.

Canada is the world’s second largest exporter of aluminum, after Russia.

We're right next door to American factories... but go ahead, import your aluminum from halfway around the world. Shipping that distance shouldn't cost anything. And it'll take no time to get there. Maybe you'd prefer to be in even more debt to China. Good plan.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 08-12-2020).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2020 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So? We're right next door to American factories... but go ahead, import your aluminum from halfway across the world. Like maybe from Australia. Shipping that distance shouldn't cost anything. And it'll take no time to get there. Or maybe you'd prefer to be in even more debt to China. Good plan.

NOPE.

Canada is going to keep right on selling their aluminum to the United States and they will pay the 10% tariff again because:

1. Canada is NOT going to ship the Lion's share of their aluminum around the planet for the same reason you gave, because other countries can buy it cheaper, and....

2. Canada lied and broke the trade agreement with the United States whereby the 10% tariff would be lifted in exchange for the promise by Canada not to dump it's aluminum on the U.S. market. Accordingly that tariff was reinstated, and...

3. The United States is, by FAR, the single largest customer for your Canadian aluminum but you only supply about 50% of what we import. That puts the United States companies in the position to negotiate VERY favorable long term contract prices for your commodity, so NO we will not be paying higher prices because of the tariff reinstatement.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 08-12-2020).]

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2020 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That also begs the question... if Canada is not a major producer of aluminum (bauxite ore), then what is the thinking behind the decision by the Trump administration to reimpose these tariffs on the imports from Canada?

I'm not going to pretend that I have been following this at all closely, or have any kind of "clue." It's just some pressure tactic that Trump wants to use, to get some other kind of concessions on trade involving U.S. imports from Canada?

Just trying to follow the logic here. Of what's being said about this. These most recent messages that are extending this forum topic.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2020 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010
OK. This is Messages Out Of Sync condition.

"Good on President Trump." Absolutely the right thing to do. To reimpose the tariffs on U.S. imports of aluminum from Canada.

OK, I'm skeptical, but at least there is a train of thought that I can follow.

Guess what--I'm outa' here!

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 08-12-2020).]

Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2020 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And I wonder what is going on in Portland?
You know,.. the attempted murder of Police by communists and anarchists?.
Have any of them gone to court yet?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2020 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Canada is going to keep right on selling their aluminum to the United States and they will pay the 10% tariff again...

You make it sound like Canada will absorb the cost of these tariffs. News flash... anyone buying a product made of aluminum in the States will be paying more for it. Say thank-you to Trump.

Canada lied and broke the trade agreement with the United States whereby the 10% tariff would be lifted in exchange for the promise by Canada not to dump it's aluminum on the U.S. market. Accordingly that tariff was reinstated.

Is that what the American public is being told by the US administration?

From rinselberg's link...

Canadian Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland stated “These tariffs are unnecessary, unwarranted and entirely unacceptable,” she added. “They should not be imposed. Let me be clear: Canadian aluminum is in no way a threat to U.S. national security, which remains the ostensible reason for these tariffs, and that is a ludicrous notion.”

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2020 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

And I wonder what is going on in Portland?
You know,.. the attempted murder of Police by communists and anarchists?.
Have any of them gone to court yet?

Yes. Many of them have already been arraigned in Federal Circuit Court, ( some of them in the same Federal Courthouse that the rioters keep trying to burn down), and they will await trail, presumably in federal custody.

I'll have to try to dig up the numbers and names on LexusNexus or Westlaw if you really need them.

If they have been arrested by city or state police they are doubtless already back out on the riot line without bail or condition.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 08-12-2020).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2020 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I feel it would still be too easy to make some sniper judge, jury and executioner. Ya gotta know that not everyone shot in this manner would be guilty of a crime worthy of capital punishment.

You have heard it said "do unto others as you would have them do unto you". The rioters and looters are acting as judge, jury, and executioner.

Besides, not every shot would be fatal.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2020 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

There is no other way to shoot. If you want to warn someone there are other ways.
If you plan on shooting someone it should be an ending shot.
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2020 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You have heard it said "do unto others as you would have them do unto you". The rioters and looters are acting as judge, jury, and executioner.

So... everyone at these protests are "rioters and looters"? Great, just mow them all down.

Oh good, maybe some of the innocent bystanders will survive after all.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2020 05:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...or nationality. We can leave it at that.

Patrick,
Please don't think I was insulting Canada or it's people;s pride in Canada. I did not say anything against Canada.
I said any Non-Citizen of the US. Were you from the Netherlands, Mexico, Russia, Kuwait or any other nation, my statement would have applied. I fully expect people to be proud of their nationality. But, that doesn't mean I care what they think about the way we run our country.

Throwing up your national pride in this conversation is just a distractor to the discussion and a way to avoid answering my question concerning whether or not you would stand beside Officer O'Malley (or in his shoes) while facing those rioters. Yeah, we can leave it at that.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 08-12-2020).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2020 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

blackrams

31839 posts
Member since Feb 2003
Patrick? You still out there?

Rams
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2020 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Throwing up your national pride in this conversation is just a distractor to the discussion...

The major "distractor to the discussion" is your dismissal of "how any non-citizen of the US feels".

I'm a "non-citizen of the US", therefore apparently what I have to say has "little significance" to you.

I don't feel insulted. Disappointed in you maybe, but not insulted. I don't understand why you'd only value the opinion of an American citizen. You live in a country made up of people from all over the world, yet you feel opinions expressed from beyond your borders are somehow trivial. Seems like an awfully narrow perspective... but hey, it's your choice to make.

...even though we have been "discussing" the situation, how any non-citizen of the US feels has little significance to me.

Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2020 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No offence, but damn you're naive. Appears that you'll believe anything you're fed, as long as it fits your political narrative.

Damn, it's going to cost more? We should totally just use slavery from China.

Be like Canadians, don't give a **** about human lives, just go for the cheap **** !!!
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post08-12-2020 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patrick, as far as I am concerned that jackass in Ottawa is a traitor to this country. We have a housing crisis cause directly by his uncontrolled immigration policy. We have elderly who have to choose between food, medication or rent due to meager pensions, and he wants to run around the globe playing santa clause with our money. We have homeless vets that fight for our side, and he goes and play tooth fairy for 10 mil to enemy combatants. He thinks he can deny constitutional rights on a whim. Not to mention he managed to single single handedly alienate the west with his energy policies. Send the cash to the Saudi's instead of keeping it here. We have seriously disabled trying to survive on 10k below poverty line. He makes no secret that he wants to turn us into a commie china clone.

Oh, and dont forget his constant ethics struggles (hint, dont go lining your friends and families pockets with taxpayer money) https://www.huffingtonpost....19f0c5b6fc009a6091be

We have never seen a bigger POS in office.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 08-12-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2020 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

Damn, it's going to cost more? We should totally just use slavery from China.

Be like Canadians, don't give a **** about human lives, just go for the cheap **** !!!

Are you alright?

Patrick, as far as I am concerned that jackass in Ottawa is a traitor to this country.

Fine, we'll mark you down as "doubtful".

Look, I don't believe the leadership of Justin Trudeau has been perfect, far from it... but I also know from reading your posts for years that you'd be shaking your fist at the clouds no matter who was in charge.

Face the facts... Justin Trudeau was a better choice for Canada than anyone the Conservatives had to offer.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2020 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The major "distractor to the discussion" is your dismissal of "how any non-citizen of the US feels".

I'm a "non-citizen of the US", therefore apparently what I have to say has "little significance" to you.

I don't feel insulted. Disappointed in you maybe, but not insulted. I don't understand why you'd only value the opinion of an American citizen. You live in a country made up of people from all over the world, yet you feel opinions expressed from beyond your borders are somehow trivial. Seems like an awfully narrow perspective... but hey, it's your choice to make.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by blackrams:

...even though we have been "discussing" the situation, how any non-citizen of the US feels has little significance to me.

[/QUOTE]

And still you fail to respond to my question in reference to Officer O'Malley. Whether I care about your opinion as a non-citizen or not, I do respect those who not only give advice but are willing to back it up with participation. Your lack of response is a huge indicator. Why would anyone care what an observer/non-participant and not willing to participate adviser have to say.

Canada can run Canada however it wishes, I do not care. I respect Canada's right to govern however it sees fit. If these were riots in your country, your opinion would carry a huge value but, I don't believe my opinion would carry any weight, nor do I believe it should.

You can rest comfortable knowing someone (Officer O'Malley) is keeping you safe. Please don't tell me you also want to defund those protecting you also.

Rams
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post08-12-2020 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can tell you where my view on "O'malley" comes from. They ain't protecting sheet, and ain't doing their jobs. I went through 4 years in the same industry of myself and my staff being subject to extreme abuse and harassment, break-and-enter of personal vehicles, physical assault, forced religion TWICE and more. 3 times the cops wouldn't do a damn thing about it, I was left on my own to protect my staff and myself. I heard every excuse under the sun. I spent 3 1/2 years living in a doper-infested downtown core. Again, they wont do a damn thing about the dopers (real crime) but just let the rest of us say anything or try to defend ourselves and property and see how fast we get threatened with charges, including "hate crime" simply for speaking out against the dopers. Again, they can find every excuse under the sun not to put a stop to the dopers crimes. Its not about law-and-order or crime, its about a political agenda. Period. I do a better job of protecting myself on my own.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 08-12-2020).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2020 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patrick,
It appears that as long as someone else (Officer O'Malley) is risking his life (but not yours) then he should stand up to the crowd.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong...….

Rams
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2020 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And still you fail to respond to my question in reference to Officer O'Malley.

You're awfully insistent that I answer your questions, despite the fact you've openly stated that my opinion is "insignificant". Makes no sense to me. And then because I refuse to play this game, you jump to the most negative conclusions.

As I said before, I'm not insulted... just disappointed. Not that it matters, eh?
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2020 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You're awfully insistent that I answer your questions, despite the fact you've openly stated that my opinion is "insignificant". Makes no sense to me. And then because I refuse to play this game, you jump to the most negative conclusions.

As I said before, I'm not insulted... just disappointed. Not that it matters, eh?

In that, you are correct.
It's not a hard question to answer. Your refusal and silence says all I need to know.

Rams
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2020 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Again Patrick, I don't dislike Canada at all... but there's no real reason for me to spend any time worrying about Canada's policies. What I do know is that Canada has been violating nearly all of their trade agreements time and time again with us, and that's disappointing.

There is a reason why my 2002 Crown Victoria LX was built in Canada, or why (at one point at least), 80% of parts from Delphi and other manufacturers were made in Canada. That's because Canada started imposing taxes on anything not made in Canada... knowing full well that it was a sneaky way around NAFTA. In the span of like 5-10 years, nearly all manufacturing moved from Detroit into Canada, only to then leave Canada and move to Mexico because Ford / Chevy / Chrysler just didn't care anymore whether or not Canadians bought American cars because the production costs were far less in Mexico.

The aluminum production is but another example of Canada violating their trade agreements.

More and more, Canada's become less important to the United States. It's not that we don't dislike Canada, we're still strong allies, but we don't really rely on Canada for anything. Again, I don't mean that as an insult... but there's so much global competition now, that it wouldn't be a bit surprising to me if Canada is more a competitor than it is a trading partner in oil and some other things.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2020 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What I do know is that Canada has been violating nearly all of their trade agreements time and time again with us...

Uh huh.

It's not that we don't dislike Canada...

Clear as molasses.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2020 03:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's not that we don't dislike Canada...

"The police are not here to create disorder. They're here to preserve disorder."
~ His Honor, the Mayor. Richard J. Daley (Chicago); 1968.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 08-13-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2020 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Saner heads prevail.

U.S. presents plan to drop duties on aluminum imports after Canada threatens retaliation

The U.S. Trade Representative's office said today it's poised to drop tariffs on Canadian aluminum imports — just hours before Canada was set to unveil counter-measures in retaliation.

A statement from the USTR said that after consultations with the Canadian government, the U.S. has determined that trade is expected to "normalize" in the last four months of the year, declining after "surges" experienced earlier in the year.

"Accordingly, the United States will modify the terms of the 10 per cent tariff imposed in August on imports of Canadian non-alloyed unwrought aluminum," the statement reads.

The USTR's statement lays out shipment volumes for each of those four months, which will be monitored to ensure they aren't exceeded. If they do, the U.S. expects that imports would decline by a corresponding amount the following month.

The tariffs could be re-imposed if shipment volumes exceed 105 per cent of the stated volumes, it said.

"The United States will consult with the Canadian government at the end of the year to review the state of the aluminum trade in light of trade patterns during the four-month period and expected market conditions in 2021," the statement reads.

The statement comes after a period of intense trade brinkmanship between the two trading partners. Earlier today, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said Canada would unveil retaliatory measures to counter "unjust" American aluminum tariffs this afternoon.

In a statement before the second day of a cabinet retreat in Ottawa, Trudeau said the government would act to protect Canada's aluminum industry.

"I want to highlight that we will be taking action to counter the unjust tariffs put on Canadian aluminum by the United States," he said.

"As I've said many times, we will always be there to defend Canadian workers. We will defend our aluminum sector."

Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister Chrystia Freeland and Small Business, Export Promotion and International Trade Minister Mary Ng were set to release details of the plan at 3 p.m. ET during a news conference in Ottawa.

The government had said during the summer that unless the U.S. dropped its latest round of aluminum tariffs, Canada would impose $3.6 billion in counter-measures.

Canada was responding to a 10 per cent tariff announced by President Donald Trump in August, a move that hit more than half of Canada's aluminum exports to the U.S.

NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh said the tariffs and counter-tariffs will hurt workers on both sides of the border because the aluminum sector is so interconnected. He said the government should have done more to convince the Americans not to impose the duties in the first place.

"I think we knew that the president of the United States has done something like this in the past. We should have put in place steps ahead of time and been proactive to prevent this from happening," he said.

"Now that we're in it, the retaliatory measures are something I support, but I want to make sure that the money that's gained in the retaliatory measures actually goes towards supporting the industry, supporting workers specifically."

'Dollar-for-dollar' countermeasures

Trump announced that he would impose the tariffs during a campaign speech at a Whirlpool factory in Ohio, citing national security concerns.

At the time, Freeland responded quickly by stating that Canada "intends to swiftly impose dollar-for-dollar countermeasures" in response.

"Canadian aluminum does not undermine U.S. national security. Canadian aluminum strengthens U.S. national security, and has done so for decades through unparalleled co-operation between our two countries," she said in August.

- Canada to impose $3.6B in tariffs in response to Trump's move against Canadian aluminum

Ontario Premier Doug Ford also publicly lashed out at Trump's "unacceptable" decision, saying it could compromise the historically strong trade relationship between the two countries.

He urged Ontario residents to "hit 'em where it hurts," noting that the province's consumer base is an economic powerhouse.

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2020 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Saner heads prevail.

U.S. presents plan to drop duties on aluminum imports after Canada threatens retaliation

[QUOTE]

The U.S. Trade Representative's office said today it's poised to drop tariffs on Canadian aluminum imports — just hours before Canada was set to unveil counter-measures in retaliation.

A statement from the USTR said that after consultations with the Canadian government, the U.S. has determined that trade is expected to "normalize" in the last four months of the year, declining after "surges" experienced earlier in the year.

"Accordingly, the United States will modify the terms of the 10 per cent tariff imposed in August on imports of Canadian non-alloyed unwrought aluminum," the statement reads.

The USTR's statement lays out shipment volumes for each of those four months, which will be monitored to ensure they aren't exceeded. If they do, the U.S. expects that imports would decline by a corresponding amount the following month.

The tariffs could be re-imposed if shipment volumes exceed 105 per cent of the stated volumes, it said.

"The United States will consult with the Canadian government at the end of the year to review the state of the aluminum trade in light of trade patterns during the four-month period and expected market conditions in 2021," the statement reads.

The statement comes after a period of intense trade brinkmanship between the two trading partners. Earlier today, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said Canada would unveil retaliatory measures to counter "unjust" American aluminum tariffs this afternoon.

In a statement before the second day of a cabinet retreat in Ottawa, Trudeau said the government would act to protect Canada's aluminum industry.

"I want to highlight that we will be taking action to counter the unjust tariffs put on Canadian aluminum by the United States," he said.

"As I've said many times, we will always be there to defend Canadian workers. We will defend our aluminum sector."

Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister Chrystia Freeland and Small Business, Export Promotion and International Trade Minister Mary Ng were set to release details of the plan at 3 p.m. ET during a news conference in Ottawa.

The government had said during the summer that unless the U.S. dropped its latest round of aluminum tariffs, Canada would impose $3.6 billion in counter-measures.

Canada was responding to a 10 per cent tariff announced by President Donald Trump in August, a move that hit more than half of Canada's aluminum exports to the U.S.

NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh said the tariffs and counter-tariffs will hurt workers on both sides of the border because the aluminum sector is so interconnected. He said the government should have done more to convince the Americans not to impose the duties in the first place.

"I think we knew that the president of the United States has done something like this in the past. We should have put in place steps ahead of time and been proactive to prevent this from happening," he said.

"Now that we're in it, the retaliatory measures are something I support, but I want to make sure that the money that's gained in the retaliatory measures actually goes towards supporting the industry, supporting workers specifically."

'Dollar-for-dollar' countermeasures

Trump announced that he would impose the tariffs during a campaign speech at a Whirlpool factory in Ohio, citing national security concerns.

At the time, Freeland responded quickly by stating that Canada "intends to swiftly impose dollar-for-dollar countermeasures" in response.

"Canadian aluminum does not undermine U.S. national security. Canadian aluminum strengthens U.S. national security, and has done so for decades through unparalleled co-operation between our two countries," she said in August.

- Canada to impose $3.6B in tariffs in response to Trump's move against Canadian aluminum

Ontario Premier Doug Ford also publicly lashed out at Trump's "unacceptable" decision, saying it could compromise the historically strong trade relationship between the two countries.

He urged Ontario residents to "hit 'em where it hurts," noting that the province's consumer base is an economic powerhouse.

[/QUOTE]
Is it to much to ask that you keep it on the topic subject?
You can start a new thread to discuss this totally unrelated issue.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2020 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

Is it to much to ask that you keep it on the topic subject?
You can start a new thread to discuss this totally unrelated issue.

Why don't you take a hike.

I was continuing a discussion that originally started on page 1 of this thread Here.

It's hilarious how you don't want my post in this thread, yet you feel the need to copy and quote the whole freakin' thing!

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 09-15-2020).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2020 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I can only hope that cooler heads prevail in the States and that Americans start working together again. It's not easy living next door to a super-power that appears to be on the brink of a meltdown.

I can only hope that cooler heads prevail in Canada and that you and MEM start working together again.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock