Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Lets try to laugh at how life is going.... (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Lets try to laugh at how life is going.... by cvxjet
Started on: 03-29-2020 02:44 PM
Replies: 462 (7992 views)
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 09-22-2020 04:20 AM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2020 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In 20 years, when great grandkids ask me about the Coronavirus toilet paper shortage, I'm going to tell them...
We had to drag our asses across the lawn..
Thru the snow,
Uphill ..both directions,
dodging Murder Hornets.

IP: Logged
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post05-19-2020 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a great morning.

Sent my neighbor anonymous flowers with a card that read "you were amazing last night baby. When is he on night shift again? "

Then I sat on the porch and enjoyed the show.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2020 05:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

Table for four... dining reimagined. With a plexiglass pathogen aerosol barrier for each diner that is reminiscent of the "Cone of Silence" from--well--you might or might not make that connection.

I saw it on "The 11th Hour" and it comes from here:

"Christophe Gernigon's suspended shields imagine future of restaurant dining"
https://www.designboom.com/...onavirus-05-17-2020/

"plex’eat" surrounds the upper body of each diner

I guess it's no laughing matter.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-21-2020).]

steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2020 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2020 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ridiculous - first word that popped into my head.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2020 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2020 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

Steve...I actually thought immediately of that very scene when I looked at the previous post....and then I scrolled down and saw your post....

And Maryjane- talking to things in your house.....how....Object........ive!

One of my favorite cartoons ever....This is Genius!

[This message has been edited by cvxjet (edited 05-21-2020).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2020 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2020 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

That right there is the most valuable, coherent and telling observation I have seen throughout this entire dog and pony show.
Thank you very much for giving the world a much needed shot of reality.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-21-2020 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bored during lockdown?

Call up a woman's rights group and ask to speak to the man in charge.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2020 05:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2020 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hudini

9029 posts
Member since Feb 2006
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2020 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2020 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Early practitioners of monotheistic religion in the land of Israel were looking to a Higher (literally) authority

"Cannabis was used for religious rites at a biblical site in Israel, study finds"

"We know from all around the Ancient Near East and around the world that many cultures used hallucinogenic materials and ingredients in order to get into some kind of religious ecstasy," said lead author Eran Arie, curator of Iron Age and Persian Periods archaeology in the Israel Museum, Jerusalem.

"We never thought about Judah taking part in these cultic practices. The fact that we found cannabis in an official cult place of Judah says something new about the cult of Judah," Arie said.

"Says something new..." New... but what?

Once the cannabis and animal feces were set afire, the waste could have allowed a slow, low temperature burn that was conducive to group inhalation, the study suggested.

I guess that gives new meaning to "Wow. That's some really good sh*t."

Kristen Rogers for CNN; May 28, 2020.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05...study-scn/index.html

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-30-2020).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2020 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
God spoke to Moses from a burning bush.....
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-31-2020 03:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cannabis and animal feces?

So that's where the term "good sheet" came from.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2020 06:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2020 06:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hudini

9029 posts
Member since Feb 2006
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2020 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2020 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2020 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Caution link to social unrest

Netherlands!!!
PFF
System Bot
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2020 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2020 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hudini

9029 posts
Member since Feb 2006
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2020 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Holy (Or maybe UN-holy) crap....That is amazing...and Scary..........(And here is a modification of the previous cartoon)

[This message has been edited by cvxjet (edited 06-08-2020).]

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2020 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cvxjet

3649 posts
Member since May 2010
Double post....

[This message has been edited by cvxjet (edited 06-08-2020).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-08-2020 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2020 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Alderaan shot first.....
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2020 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NSFWAH?
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post06-12-2020 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is all in the name of comedy, right?
I mean, no one's sensibilities are going to be hurt, right?
You know, "them snowflakes"...

One man's trash is another man's treasure...

Censorship can suck it!

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-12-2020 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by maryjane:
Alderaan shot first.....

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-13-2020 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All hail the optimist!

PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2020 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've had three acquaintances so far kill themselves during this whole lock-down. One of them died of significant alcohol poisoning, so it's not technically a suicide.
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2020 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am sorry for your friends.....This has been incredibly hard. I myself have been stuck inside for over a year because my doctor prescribed Omeprazole for my Hiatal hernia/Burned esophagus which then gave me Lupus- My joints are all wrecked and I am so sun sensitive that I burned the back of my neck with 15 minutes exposure to FLUORESCENT light! Luckily, here in the inner bay area, we have a substantial amount of fog, plus I have some really good neighbors who help me.

This is critical to our country's future; We must all come together- no matter our differences...We are all Americans- no matter what our beliefs are we should help each other out...Other countries say "Those fool americans won't stand together- they are a mongrel nation and will fall apart!"

We beat the crap out of Japan and Germany in WW2 because, along with british, and french and Scandinavian, etc, we also had some germans and Japanese- we had all different views of each problem and then put the best ideas together. Other countries had only one basic viewpoint of a problem so were limited.

Stand with your neighbors, your family and your friends....Hold our country together! Help EVERYBODY out!

[This message has been edited by cvxjet (edited 06-13-2020).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2020 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

I am sorry for your friends.....This has been incredibly hard. I myself have been stuck inside for over a year because my doctor prescribed Omeprazole for my Hiatal hernia/Burned esophagus which then gave me Lupus- My joints are all wrecked and I am so sun sensitive that I burned the back of my neck with 15 minutes exposure to FLUORESCENT light! Luckily, here in the inner bay area, we have a substantial amount of fog, plus I have some really good neighbors who help me.

This is critical to our country's future; We must all come together- no matter our differences...We are all Americans- no matter what our beliefs are we should help each other out...Other countries say "Those fool americans won't stand together- they are a mongrel nation and will fall apart!"

We beat the crap out of Japan and Germany in WW2 because, along with british, and french and Scandinavian, etc, we also had some germans and Japanese- we had all different views of each problem and then put the best ideas together. Other countries had only one basic viewpoint of a problem so were limited.

Stand with your neighbors, your family and your friends....Hold our country together! Help EVERYBODY out!

It's an unforseen circumstance of the lockdown, it's that suicides have gone up almost 800%. Only one of them I knew well, the other two were work acquaintances that I was not necessarily friends with. Doesn't make it any more acceptable of course, but less personally impactful to me. But it is horrible...
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2020 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We are all Americans...

Not so fast there, buddy.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2020 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

When I was in Ottawa, I bought a Beaver with a Mounty hat at a gift shop near Fort Henry and RMC. I ate breakfast at Tim Hortons every morning... and then had beer with my friends in downtown Kingston every night.
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2020 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

So where exactly is Canada located...? North A.............

(I hate when people don't even know where they live!)

I have a theory but a lot of people disagree with me; Insects and reptiles/amphibians don't really "Recreate"......Birds do and the smartest birds, Crows/Ravens, recreate a lot. Then you get to mammals and they recreate substantially....I think that recreating is needed for larger brains....So what do a lot of PEOPLE do? They just go drink alcohol every weekend because then they don't see how bored they are and how little interesting stuff they have to do!

Develop hobbies and other things to do.....I bike, boat & water ski, paint, play guitar, and work on my yard/house/cars and boat.......I always have something interesting to do- even now being stuck inside. Don't drink- look around and do something fun!

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-13-2020 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ugh. Mungo bored. Mungo need beeeerrrrr. Mungo want new shapes.

https://bigthink.com/paul-r...-discover-scientists
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2020 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So where exactly is Canada located...? North A.............

(I hate when people don't even know where they live!)

So... why are you then limiting yourself to just North America? Got something against the Southern Hemisphere? May as well have the citizens of all 35 countries refer to themselves as "Americans".
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2020 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

It's an unforseen circumstance of the lockdown, it's that suicides have gone up almost 800%. Only one of them I knew well, the other two were work acquaintances that I was not necessarily friends with. Doesn't make it any more acceptable of course, but less personally impactful to me. But it is horrible...

IF, this lock down Pandemic is being blamed on the suicides, then I have to suggest these folks had other "issues" in their life they couldn't handle.
I'm sorry for the loss to their family and friends but, if being asked to stay home and socially distance is being blamed, I'm thinking someone is looking for easy answers.

Rams
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock