Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Lets try to laugh at how life is going.... (Page 11)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Lets try to laugh at how life is going.... by cvxjet
Started on: 03-29-2020 02:44 PM
Replies: 462 (7992 views)
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 09-22-2020 04:20 AM
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2020 03:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2020 03:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13819 posts
Member since Mar 2006
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2020 04:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sometimes I wonder if all this is happening because i didn't forward that message to 10 other people.........

williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2020 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2020 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Want the women in your life to have a smokin hot body?
Move her to East Texas and watch as she walks from the house to her car each summer morning....steam sizzles
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2020 06:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 07-28-2020).]

LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2020 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want my MTV
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2020 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2020 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THIS IS YOUR CAPTAIN HUDINI SPEAKING.
PLEASE PREPARE FOR LANDING

AND TRY TO KEEP YOUR SCREAMING AT A MINIMUM UNTIL WE ARRIVE AT THE TERMINAL"

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 07-28-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2020 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's what happens when they find snakes on a plane.........
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post07-28-2020 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would you say this is at least interesting, conceptually?
Perspective?
"Fake news"?

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 07-28-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post07-28-2020 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Now back to the supposed hating through comedy!

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2020 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Now back to the supposed hating through comedy!

Not if it truly believed in the right to self determination.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2020 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2020 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After being accosted all the time by people insisting I buy tickets to win stuff, I now support legislation that would ban assault raffles.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2020 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13819 posts
Member since Mar 2006
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

I actually have those. They are a breed of chicken that has black meat and even the bones are black. The eggs are white
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post07-31-2020 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2020 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2020 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

I don't understand!

The guy clearly has a tonneu (sp?) cover over the back of his truck bed... so he cares about the truck, but maybe he doesn't want to be inconvenienced and roll-back the cover. Yet he has his buddy holding a plank out the window which is clearly scratching not only the door, but the rear-right fender.

There's got to be more to this than I'm seeing... someone please fix this, my brain is stuck in a loop right now trying to work through the logic.

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 08-07-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post08-07-2020 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He bought a Silverado and you are looking for logic ?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2020 06:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2020 06:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
I don't understand!

The guy clearly has a tonneu (sp?) cover over the back of his truck bed... so he cares about the truck, but maybe he doesn't want to be inconvenienced and roll-back the cover. Yet he has his buddy holding a plank out the window which is clearly scratching not only the door, but the rear-right fender.

There's got to be more to this than I'm seeing... someone please fix this, my brain is stuck in a loop right now trying to work through the logic.

He's an idiot (or maybe a Liberal idiot).

Don't try to make sense of what either one does.

Rams

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2020 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

He's an idiot (or maybe a Liberal idiot).

Don't try to make sense of what either one does.

Rams

I'm going to spoil everyone's fun and suggest that the board was laying in the road and he had his passenger jump out and grab it, and is about to pull over and put it down in a safe spot.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2020 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

That's what happens when they find snakes on a plane.........

And here I was thinking it was when ever the sewage tanks were full...……………

Originally posted by williegoat:

I'm going to spoil everyone's fun and suggest that the board was laying in the road and he had his passenger jump out and grab it, and is about to pull over and put it down in a safe spot.

I'm all for wishful thinking but, I don't have that much confidence in the general public. I've been to Lowe's and Home Depot enough to know better.
I've actually waited in their parking lots so that I could watch some folks leave. Mostly because I want to know which path they are taking so I can take a different route. It's absolutely ridiculous what some folks try to get away with. And, both locations provide tie down rope, free.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 08-12-2020).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2020 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

I'm all for wishful thinking but, I don't have that much confidence in the general public. I've been to Lowe's and Home Depot enough to know better.
I've actually waited in their parking lots so that I could watch some folks leave. Mostly because I want to know which path they are taking so I can take a different route. It's absolutely ridiculous what some folks try to get away with. And, both locations provide tie down rope, free.

Rams

Yeah, many years ago when I worked in a retail lumber yard, we had customers who would buy a few sheets of plywood and then ask if we had any twine so they could tie it to the roof of their Oldsmobile.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2020 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
China Virus pandemic relief negotiations...

"A trillion here, a trillion there and pretty soon you're talking about real money."
~ Daniel Hannan

Daniel Hannan. Who dat? I wanted to see if this were already being credited to someone, and his name came up.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 08-14-2020).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2020 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2020 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
... but maybe he doesn't want to be inconvenienced and roll-back the cover.
There's got to be more to this than I'm seeing
... someone please fix this, my brain is stuck in a loop right now trying to work through the logic.

It wasn't inconvenience. He got bored.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2020 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

China Virus pandemic relief negotiations...

"A trillion here, a trillion there and pretty soon you're talking about real money."
~ Daniel Hannan

Daniel Hannan. Who dat? I wanted to see if this were already being credited to someone, and his name came up.

He stole that line from senator Everett McKinley Dirksen. Surely you remember him.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 08-17-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2020 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:
He stole that line from senator Everett McKinley Dirksen. Surely you remember him.

I thought it started as a "million" (I didn't connect it with Senator Dirksen) and eventually became a "billion" and more recently a "trillion."

But now I have resorted to Google and the authenticity of that tagline and whether or not it can literally be credited to Senator Dirksen becomes more clouded:

“A Billion Here, a Billion There”
The Dirksen Congressional Center
https://dirksencenter.org/r...n-here-billion-there

The chief evidence in support of Dirksen making the statement comes from people who claim to have heard him. The Library of Congress, for example, cites someone's personal observation on the campaign trail as evidence. The Dirksen Center has received calls from people who heard Dirksen say those words, some even providing the date of the event. But cross-checking that information with the records has, so far, turned up nothing in the way of confirmation.

Update, January 15, 2009. We received a call from someone in Pennsylvania who recalled a very clear, even emphatic memory of Senator Dirksen uttering this famous phrase on the “Johnny Carson Show.” This is the second person who shared such a recollection. Unfortunately, a Google search failed to turn up confirmation—apparently the “official” Web site for the “Tonight Show” has video beginning only in 1969—Dirksen died in September of that year.

Update, September 25, 2012. Historian John Steele Gordon concurs with the January 15, 2009, update. He also recalls Dirksen making the statement on Johnny Carson’s show. With regard to the lack of hard documentation authenticating the phrase, Gordon writes, “But I really don’t see a historiographical problem here. It’s long been attributed to Senator Dirksen and several people, including myself, remember him saying it at the same time and the same place. For this historian, at least, that’s good enough.”

There are statements on record from Senator Dirksen that are close--statements that support the notion that there was a moment when Dirksen said "A billion here, a billion there and pretty soon you're talking about real money"--but his words on that occasion were not recorded in print, and if they were recorded on camera, the video recording of it has not (yet) been discovered.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 08-17-2020).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2020 05:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2020 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From a few years back..nominated as one of the dumbest headlines ever...

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2020 04:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2020 04:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13819 posts
Member since Mar 2006
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2020 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2020 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One for Blackrams

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2020 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Watch for the ka-boom!

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2020 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My friend Leroy:

Leroy walked into work Monday mornin' and his boss asked "hey Leroy, where'd you get those two shiners, you get in a fight over the weekend?"
Leroy says "nope, happened in church yesterday.
You know Mrs. Brown, she's a big woman and sittin' in front of me." Boss...."yeah, she's about as tall layin' down as she is standing up.
So what happened?" Leroy...."all was going good 'til we had to stand up for some praying, that's when I notice Mrs. Brown's dress was sorta stuck up in her butt crack about 2-3 inches. So, being the gentleman that I am I didn't want to embarrass her by pointing it out so I just pulled her skirt out.
Well....Mrs. Brown turned around and hit me really hard. That's when I figured, judging by her reaction, that she wanted it left there so I put it back!"

Some folks have to learn things the hard way I guess.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 08-30-2020).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay