Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  230 years of rights and liberties shredded - why i oppose the lockdown (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
230 years of rights and liberties shredded - why i oppose the lockdown by longjonsilver
Started on: 03-27-2020 07:22 AM
Replies: 231 (3775 views)
Last post by: longjonsilver on 06-18-2020 05:25 PM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2020 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by [the screen name that no righteous forum member should ever let "escape their fingertips" as they type.]

...and there it is.

Your sick hatred for peaceful people of religious faith.

That woman was minding her own business and peacefully practicing her own faith until she was harassed by that "reporter", but to YOU she's supposedly a "zealot".

There's nothing more repugnant that a hate filled, intolerant. religious bigot like you.

I can think of at least one "thing" that's more repugnant.

As it's been said, I'm not an Eye Care Professional of any kind, and have never been one, but if I knew of someone who was reading from a desktop video monitor or portable device screen and was not able to distinguish between the screen names (of) "maryjane" and "rinselberg" (Is there such a person?) I daresay an Eye Examination for that person would definitely be in order.

And now, I will return to my more usual activities here at the Psychiatric Lockup Ward... or the Townhome residence. Whatever it may be.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-09-2020).]

IP: Logged
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2020 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

...here at the Psychiatric Lockup Ward.

Is that in reference to O/T? Yeah, it feels that way sometimes.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 04-09-2020).]

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2020 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

And now, I will return to my more usual activities here at the Psychiatric Lockup Ward... or the Townhome residence.

That would properly be YOUR BROTHER'S townhome residence Ronald.

Why is honesty so difficult for you?

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-09-2020).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2020 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13819 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Originally posted by Patrick:

The video speaks for itself. Perhaps you could watch the whole thing. It's only 37 seconds.

You're a really special kind of stupid along with being a RELIGIOUS BIGOT, but then being a religious bigot generally requires massive stupidity.

It's telling that you enjoy that video so much and never once stopped to ask yourself how people leaving their church at night would react to be ambushed by a so-called "reporter". You and he are the same kind of bigoted scumbags.

WHY did he have the need to harass individual churchgoers there?

Obviously just reporting that people were attending the church wasn't enough for a bigot like him and you.

Going after the church members individually was SO much more fun for you scumbags.

You posting that video here and then disparaging that churchgoer yourself was SO much more fun for a scumbag bigot like you.

Neither you or he have any clue who the asymptomatic infected around you or anyone else are.

Neither you or he have any clue if that woman uses PPE either in her church or elsewhere, (she was in her own car, alone when she was harassed)

I don't believe that either you or he have any clue what she meant when she said that she was "covered in the blood" (hurry now and go look it up and LIE about it)

The ONLY thing you know is your RELIGIOUS BIGOTRY

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post04-09-2020 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patrick to tell the forum how much he wants to be on my nuts in 3... 2... 1...

MICHIGAN

If you live in Michigan, you may want to see what your Governor is doing to your freedoms. You can shop at certain stores, but are limited to what you can now purchase. You want to buy paint for your walls? NOPE! How about some tape for paint that you already have? NOPE. Perhaps you need some gardening tools, a mattress, BBQ grill? NOPE. In a few short hours things of that nature will not be purchasable in Michigan until further notice.

Kiss those liberties good by. Freedoms will never return without blood shed. Just predicting the future.

https://www.wxyz.com/news/c...me-order-until-may-1

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 04-09-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2020 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Neither you or he have any clue if that woman uses PPE either in her church or elsewhere...

If you bothered to click The link I supplied earlier and watched the video, you would've seen members of this church all embracing each other as they entered the building. No protection of any sort is in evidence.

Do you call yourself a Christian? If so, it certainly isn't apparent from your behavior in this forum.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2020 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you bothered to click The link I supplied earlier and watched the video, you would've seen members of this church all embracing each other as they entered the building. No protection of any sort is in evidence.

Do you call yourself a Christian? If so, it certainly isn't apparent from your behavior in this forum.

In times of trouble and national emergencies many, many people turn to their deeply held religious beliefs and practices.

Then there are RELIGIOUS BIGOTS LIKE YOU that use the opportunity to ridicule and attack them.....

....and you STILL don't have a damn clue what that lady meant by what she said you INTOLERANT RELIGIOUS BIGOT

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2020 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Patrick to tell the forum how much he wants to be on my nuts in 3... 2... 1...

MICHIGAN

If you live in Michigan, you may want to see what your Governor is doing to your freedoms. You can shop at certain stores, but are limited to what you can now purchase. You want to buy paint for your walls? NOPE! How about some tape for paint that you already have? NOPE. Perhaps you need some gardening tools, a mattress, BBQ grill? NOPE. In a few short hours things of that nature will not be purchasable in Michigan until further notice.

Kiss those liberties good by. Freedoms will never return without blood shed. Just predicting the future.

https://www.wxyz.com/news/c...me-order-until-may-1

Some of the bigger stores here are voluntarily doing the same thing. And for the same reasons.
It limits the number of employees that are potentially exposed to infection....employers acting good.
It limits the number of customers entering the business that have the potential to spread the infection or be infected by others.

Governing is a 2 edged sword, and not always easy. It is first and foremost, the responsibility of government to
a. Provide for the common defense.
b. promote the general welfare of the citizens.
Promoting commerce takes a rear seat to that.
Painting my house is definitely secondary to protecting my fellow man from infection. If I'm not compassionate or cognizant enough to understand that I can put off a project for a few weeks in order to protect myself and others from harm, then it falls to government to do whatever is necessary to at least protect others from my error in judgement.
Dead people can't hold a paint brush. Most of this will be over in a few weeks and everything will return to normal.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 04-09-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2020 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In times of trouble and national emergencies many, many people turn to LARGER FONTS !!!

Apparently.

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-09-2020 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2020 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am a dick!

Apparently.
PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2020 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You brought up a lot of good points. I live in a large port city. I've managed to avoid mass transit and elevators for the last month. I've been wondering however what the new "etiquette" is right now in regards to elevators. Is everyone expected to ride an elevator all by themselves? Man oh man, it would be a slow process to only shuttle individual riders (or couples/families) on a high-rise elevator!

I think people will be standoffish for a while but will adapt and over come. I also think that America will ditch the self quarantine before the green light is given by the Government. The only alternative is to move away from big cities and crowded places, and I doubt that will happen.
I think this virus will make a lasting impact on society and how we interact, but I am not sure exactly how.
For me, it has had little to no effect on me at all. I don't get out that often and I don't really need to shop much. I can order stuff over the Internet and this virus has not stopped the delivery business. So, so far so good. I have no problem social distancing, yet.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-10-2020 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Canada sucked my rights away, and with it took my balls.

Apparently.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2020 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

I think people will be standoffish for a while but will adapt and over come. I also think that America will ditch the self quarantine before the green light is given by the Government.

Agreed, but... I suspect that people, being people (the world over), will start to slack off the self-quarantine when the number of COVID-19 cases begins to drop. However, that could possibly be a huge mistake and end up triggering a second wave of infections. This is what medical/government officials are no doubt concerned about. It's going to be an interesting next few months for sure.

The true game changer will be the development and distribution of a viable vaccine!

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 04-10-2020).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2020 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Agreed, but... I suspect that people, being people (the world over), will start to slack off the self-quarantine when the number of COVID-19 cases begins to drop. However, that could possibly be a huge mistake and end up triggering a second wave of infections. This is what medical/government officials are no doubt concerned about. It's going to be an interesting next few months for sure.

The true game changer will be the development and distribution of a viable vaccine!

I think you are correct. The second wave is unavailable, but the severity is the unknown. I heard that a cruise ship had covid19 3 weeks after it was off loaded. If that is true, the 14 day quarantine is useless.
A vaccine will definitely calm people down, but I have doubts about effectiveness.
longjonsilver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2020 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for longjonsilverClick Here to visit longjonsilver's HomePageSend a Private Message to longjonsilverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Without a link to the article from which that information was derived, that chart is about as useful as the meme of a rabbit with a pancake on it's head.

And when i give the link, some here engage in "shoot the messenger" and the site where i got this doesn't provide a link to the raw data or the methodology used to compute the graph. AND if it did, i, personally, wouldn't be able to adequately interpret it.

My point is tho, that there ARE people who have access to the raw data, and CAN interpret it. IF the graph that i posted IS accurate (which it might not be, admittedly) then we as a society are doing the wrong thing in this lockdown. And if the graph is true, then continuing this lockdown is not only wrong, but being done for a hidden agenda. THAT is my concern.

Notice that you failed to provide the source of your chart so that the veracity of it could be checked.

It's not like you don't have already have a pattern of pushing wild conspiracy theories or anything.....

i believe in critical thinking and when things do not add up to me, then i am willing to entertain alternate ideas of why things are the way that they are. i believe that many people are rational and if their actions don't make sense, then maybe they are acting in accordance with a hidden agenda. We all have hidden agendas don't we? Its just when things are political or economic and don't pass the smell test, because of their importance, that i start looking for a hidden agenda. Or should we take everything at face value like a child?

------------------
Astronomy says we will find a coded signal from outer space. Then we'll KNOW that life exists there, for coded signals aren't by chance.

Biology says there are coded genetic signals in every cell, but we KNOW that no intelligence created life.

I'm the original owner of a white ' 84 2M4 purchased Dec 10, 1983 from Pontiac. Always garaged, no rust, 4-wheel drifts are fun!

longjonsilver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2020 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for longjonsilverClick Here to visit longjonsilver's HomePageSend a Private Message to longjonsilverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

longjonsilver

1064 posts
Member since Nov 2001

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:
The spread of this virus is more complex than a chart seems to show. Many more factors are at play here than just numbers.
The bottom line is that not all States have the same exact risk factors. You can't just assume that all States are equally at risk.

Thank you, Rick. Good intelligent discussion on the possible problems with the data. This was the type of reaction i was hoping to elicit.

jon

------------------
Astronomy says we will find a coded signal from outer space. Then we'll KNOW that life exists there, for coded signals aren't by chance.

Biology says there are coded genetic signals in every cell, but we KNOW that no intelligence created life.

I'm the original owner of a white ' 84 2M4 purchased Dec 10, 1983 from Pontiac. Always garaged, no rust, 4-wheel drifts are fun!

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-10-2020 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Freedoms you say? Washington State issued a burn ban due to the Chinavirus. No open fires.

I am pretty sure I will start my evening by breaking Governor Inslee's illegal law.

Stay safe. Family, Friends, Neighbors...
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2020 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

the responsibility of government to
a. Provide for the common defense.
b. promote the general welfare of the citizens.
Promoting commerce takes a rear seat to that.

I can put off a project for a few weeks in order to protect myself and others from harm, then it falls to government to do whatever is necessary to at least protect others from my error in judgement.

Some of the bigger stores here are voluntarily doing the same thing.

Limiting what can be bought is in the purview of a store. It should not be in the hands of "what government decides". There are many ways to promote things. Mandating is not promoting.

Originally posted by maryjane: then it falls to government to do whatever is necessary to at least protect others from my error in judgement.

The errors in your judgement, or theirs ? They can avoid the risk.

You likely know but for informational reference, the meaning of the General Welfare clause of our Constitution has been in contention since it was introduced. As much as the meaning of the Second Amendment. (The third, maybe tied, being the "Freedom from Religion" portion of the First Amendment.)

The conundrum in Tony's information is it is a State government. I still think absent of any kind of special powers authorized by the State legislature such orders are void.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2020 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those orders come about because of people that believe they should be able to do whatever they want to when in a public place of business regardless of the risk that action presents to others.

It's not nearly the first time in history that govt hasorder certain items not be sold.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2020 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Those orders come about because of people that believe they should be able to do whatever they want to when in a public place of business regardless of the risk that action presents to others.

It's not nearly the first time in history that govt has order certain items not be sold.

There is a difference between orders and laws. Even Constitutional Amendments, like the 18TH.

Prohibition, legal prevention of the manufacture, sale, and transportation of alcoholic beverages in the United States from 1920 to 1933 under the Eighteenth Amendment. Despite this legislation, millions of Americans drank liquor illegally, giving rise to bootlegging, speakeasies, and a period of gangsterism.

I question the legality of orders without legal authorization. I suspect government wants people to be accustomed to following orders. It is said in legal arguments that laws are ruled unconstitutional because they are overly broad.
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-10-2020 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's not nearly the first time in history that govt hasorder certain items not be sold.

This is not one of those times that our government should be telling us what and what not to buy MJ. We are not rationing wartime supplies here, and you know this. Not sorry, but telling an American citizen that they cannot buy paint is not going to fly with me. I am following rules, and I am NOT going to be kept after class because of the harm that others do. I will NEVER accept responsibility for the judgement and actions of others.

You feel free to not feel free. I will follow the rules, up until a certain point...
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2020 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is not one of those times that our government should be telling us what and what not to buy MJ. We are not rationing wartime supplies here, and you know this. Not sorry, but telling an American citizen that they cannot buy paint is not going to fly with me. I am following rules, and I am NOT going to be kept after class because of the harm that others do. I will NEVER accept responsibility for the judgement and actions of others.

You feel free to not feel free. I will follow the rules, up until a certain point...

And beyond that 'point' the rules are enforced upon you.

This is indeed a war, fought on our own soil this time, against an invisible enemy.
There have always been and will always be those who are fair weather patriots, and those who fight only up to a 'certain point' and when the sacrifice becomes too personal, they quit the fight.

You speak of the judgement and actions of others, but in the same breath and short paragraph,, speak of your own actions and beliefs 4 different times, and it is those actions and beliefs that have the potential to cost others their lives. By stating that, you are also stating you aren't even willing to accept the responsibility of your own judgement and actions.

Painting a house is not worth even 1 other person's life or health.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-10-2020 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And beyond that 'point' the rules are enforced upon you.

This is indeed a war, fought on our own soil this time, against an invisible enemy.
There have always been and will always be those who are fair weather patriots, and those who fight only up to a 'certain point' and when the sacrifice becomes too personal, they quit the fight.

You speak of the judgement and actions of others, but in the same breath and short paragraph,, speak of your own actions and beliefs 4 different times, and it is those actions and beliefs that have the potential to cost others their lives. By stating that, you are also stating you aren't even willing to accept the responsibility of your own judgement and actions.

Painting a house is not worth even 1 other person's life or health.

I have complied fully with all governmental requirements of my state and nation. Period. You can project what you believe about me, or listen to truths?

Take this for what it is MJ. If you think I am breaking a law, or not even REMOTELY following rule, then point that shat out. I want to comply, and have.

If you are upset with my opinions of this ordeal, then that is acceptable also. But remember, I flush my toilet paper down a drain, not save it for later.

Edit: My rights shall not be infringed upon...

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 04-10-2020).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-10-2020 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tony Kania

20794 posts
Member since Dec 2008
Perhaps some of you fine folks need to leave your own property for an hour or two? Get offline, talk with a neighbor or two. For faqs sake, people in my circle are of like mind. We believe in personal responsibility.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2020 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... people in my circle are of like mind. We believe in personal responsibility.

Do you cover your mouth or nose when coughing or sneezing, especially in public ?
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-10-2020 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Do you cover your mouth or nose when coughing or sneezing, especially in public ?

No, I spray and pray!

I am one of the most OCD clean people this forum has ever faquing encountered. I waxed my lawn mower yesterday.

I have been on this forum long enough for most to know I am not a felon, nor do I put others in harm. Cliff, that was/is a stupid question to ask me.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 04-10-2020).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2020 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliff, that was/is a stupid question to ask me.

Why ? Is that consideration any different from not being able to buy paint ?

I see both trains of thought on the "orders". I lean more on the civil liberties side and do not wish for the government to do my critical thinking. As I said, mandating is not promoting or even motivating.

I think a lot of overreaction has taken place yet an abundance of caution seems, well, not wrong.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2020 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Perhaps some of you fine folks need to leave your own property for an hour or two? Get offline, talk with a neighbor or two. For faqs sake, people in my circle are of like mind. We believe in personal responsibility.

I was at a neighbor's most of yesterday afternoon, showing him how to correctly repack a hydraulic cylinder on his skid steer...and repairing the threads he screwed up on the cylinder rod when he cross treaded the nut.

Fortunately, he keeps a set of seals for this particular cylinder on hand so we didn't have to go to town to get new ones.

Our rights end where others' rights begin. There's a reason our founding fathers put the right to life at the beginning of those unalienable rights and the pursuit of happiness at the end. Dead folks don't have much happiness and don't pursue anything but the process of rotting. My own protocols have little to do with whether I get sick...has everything to do with me getting it and unknowingly pass it on to others while I am non-symptomatic. That, is what the protocols are designed to prevent and they are in effect under color of law.
In our nation, it is not to us to decide what constitutes violation of a right. We have an appeals path for that, and SCOTUS has final say.
The rules and protocols have already been legally challenged & tested in lower courts and approved by federal and state courts, and AFAIK, none have been overturned. It is now going to SCOTUS and I very much suspect the high court will also allow the protocols to stand as there is precedence.
A prior SCOTUS ruling found in favor of regulations that happened during a smallpox outbreak in 1905. Jacobson v. Massachusetts.
"Jacobson instructs that all constitutional rights may be reasonably restricted to combat a public health emergency," wrote Judge Stuart Kyle Duncan for the majority.
Unless you have been secretly appointed and approved as a new SC justice, your opinion on the matter is irrelevant from a constitutional and legal standpoint, as is mine.
There are 9 diseases that can legally trigger protocols.

The current list includes “severe acute respiratory syndromes,” which encompasses Covid-19.

QUARANTINABLE DISEASES.*
Cholera

Diphtheria

Infectious tuberculosis

Plague

Smallpox

Yellow fever

Viral hemorrhagic fevers

Severe acute respiratory syndromes (includes Covid-19)

Influenza that can cause a pandemic

Federal mandates state that these protocols may not prevent the publicfrom obtaining basic needs. Law states they must meet those people’s basic needs, ensuring access to health care, medication, food, and sanitation.
(Paint is not on the list)
Our real enemies (Russia, N. Korea, China, The EU ) are watching carefully, the reactions of our US public, and fully realize that short termed American resolve is and always has been the path to victory over this nation.
In less than 2 months, we have lost about 1/3 as many Americans as died in the 20 years of Vietnam War. We left that war unsuccessfully prosecuted not because of military failure but because of muchly diminished US public resolve.
It's now approx day 35 since the first quarantine/distancing protocols were announced...among the first one being in the State of Washington after the outbreak in a nursing home. We can't even go 40 days of the protocols...that says a lot about us and our enemies are watching this.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 04-10-2020).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2020 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Our real enemies (Russia, N. Korea, China, The EU ) are watching carefully, the reactions of our US public, and fully realize that short termed American resolve is and always has been the path to victory over this nation.
In less than 2 months, we have lost about 1/3 as many Americans as died in the 20 years of Vietnam War. We left that war unsuccessfully prosecuted not because of military failure but because of muchly diminished US public resolve.
It's now approx day 35 since the first quarantine/distancing protocols were announced...among the first one being in the State of Washington after the outbreak in a nursing home. We can't even go 40 days of the protocols...that says a lot about us and our enemies are watching this.

Thank you for writing that. It is an important perspective.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-10-2020 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was at a neighbor's most of yesterday afternoon,

We have kept social distancing rules in place since it's inception. We will continue to do so. Sounds like you broke rule?

Listen, not attacking you MJ, but you sound as if you are accusing me of not following this protocol. Am I correct here? I need clarification, because it sounds as if you shook hands with your neighbor, while I kept "quarantine/distancing protocols"?
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2020 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We have kept social distancing rules in place since it's inception. We will continue to do so. Sounds like you broke rule?

Listen, not attacking you MJ, but you sound as if you are accusing me of not following this protocol. Am I correct here? I need clarification, because it sounds as if you shook hands with your neighbor, while I kept "quarantine/distancing protocols"?

Where did you get that out of what MJ posted?

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 04-10-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2020 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nope, I didn't shake hands with my neighbor..I rarely shake hands with anyone anyway, I wore my mask, and he did his, and we maintained distance when I was doing the work on the cylinder...he just watched and listened. My state has yet to declare the more stringent protocols other states have. If we did here in Texas, I would abide by them. Ourcurrent state directives say to minimize personal contact. Doesn't say it's prohibited. Local Walmart btw, has closed it's hair salon, it's eyeglass shop, it's in-store bank and it's auto center. I'm fine with that, even tho that's where I usually get my haircut. It's also where I normally would have bought tires when Jane's car needed one on 2 different days a week or so ago.

I do admit that Michigan's protocols appear to be on the extreme side, but regardless, the law is the law and I try very hard to abide by it.
This is NOT about us individually or what we want..it's about OTHERS. Their right to life supersedes my own.

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-10-2020 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is NOT about us individually or what we want..it's about OTHERS. Their right to life supersedes my own.

I agree completely. I may be safe, but others not so much.

I am only arguing the legalities, not the moralities. We follow protocol here, and will continue to do so.

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Where did you get that out of what MJ posted?

Only asking for clarification. I may have misinterpreted his written words. I could easily have done that.

Still waiting on his reply...

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2020 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We can't even go 40 days of the protocols...that says a lot about us and our enemies are watching this.

I agree. Where I work some people are working from home on a computer, had been for maybe 2 weeks. On a cross company call, one of the questions was "how long wil we be working from home?". Asked as if it is an annoyance. I'm thinking to myself c'mon, working from home is a benefit most people strive for. These folks can't even take a change like that.
I understand the stress of money issues if one has to be on unemployment, etc.. but some folks are going "ugh sitting around at home how long do we have to do this". What a bunch of spoiled babies.
Imagine what they would do if the internet went out.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-10-2020 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Then there are RELIGIOUS BIGOTS LIKE YOU that use the opportunity to ridicule and attack them.....

You are so proud of being such an incredible moron that you make it almost impossible to feel sympathy for your pathetic excuse for a soul.
You wouldn't know the first thing about anything loving The Bible has to say.
Or the inclusive nature Religion supposedly strives for.

Your actions here alone show you to be farther from God then even I am, and I don't even believe in fairy tales.

You are an angry, self-serving, pathetic little soulless bully cowering in the corner of the wasteland that is your own vacant mind.
And you know it.
tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2020 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

I agree. Where I work some people are working from home on a computer, had been for maybe 2 weeks. On a cross company call, one of the questions was "how long wil we be working from home?". Asked as if it is an annoyance. I'm thinking to myself c'mon, working from home is a benefit most people strive for. These folks can't even take a change like that.
I understand the stress of money issues if one has to be on unemployment, etc.. but some folks are going "ugh sitting around at home how long do we have to do this". What a bunch of spoiled babies.
Imagine what they would do if the internet went out.

You hit it. America has become the land of the selfish A-holes.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2020 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

.....I don't even believe in fairy tales.

Your CRIMINAL RECORD isn't a fairy tale.

Your drug and alcohol abuse isn't a fairy tale.

Your anti-Semitism isn't a fairy tale.

Your lack of formal education, (8th grade dropout), isn't a fairy tale.

The fact that you clean old bowling shoes for a living because you can't pass a drug test and don't even have a high school diploma isn't a fairy tale.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-10-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2020 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LARGE FONTS

We missed you this morning. Out topping off your vitriol?

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-10-2020 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Your CRIMINAL RECORD isn't a fairy tale.

Your drug and alcohol abuse isn't a fairy tale.

Your anti-Semitism isn't a fairy tale.

Your lack of formal education, (8th grade dropout), isn't a fairy tale.

The fact that you clean old bowling shoes for a living because you can't pass a drug test and don't even have a high school diploma isn't a fairy tale.

How sad that must be for you.
Because i'm STILL a better person then you in everyway.

Whether true or not, your "statement" is a perfect example of EVERYTHING anyone needs to know about who you are.
You are a filthy, disgusting, creepy little worm, and thanks to you continually providing written proof of the vileness of your true character, everyone here knows it.

You musta' had some really messed-up parents, douche bag.
I doubt you're smart enough all-on-your-own to become the kind nothing you display so proudly here.
Mores the pity.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 04-10-2020).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay