Started on: 01-29-2019 03:48 PM
Replies: 214 (4799 views)
Last post by: Jake_Dragon on 03-16-2022 07:42 PM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2019 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WBailey1041:

Muddy the waters all you like. The fact remains this clown committed a crime with the intention of smearing Trump supporters and it looks bad on liberals. You come to the thread and see everyone having a jolly time patting ourselves on the back because we called it from the jump. We’re all very happy that we didn’t follow the trail laid for us by all the other sheep led by the mainstream media. You proceed to pick a-part someone’s narrative regarding the timeline. And then followed up with what I would call nonsense.

Let it go. I know you won’t. I’m sure you’ll give me 900 paragraphs of everything but admitting that this coward filed a false police report and has earned a trip to see a judge. But don’t sweat it
big R, I don’t come around here much anymore because the likes of you.

I have no problem with seeing Jussie Smollett charged with one or more crimes in connection with this case. It seems like that is now a very likely possibility. I would be all for it.

I have nothing on record here, about this topic, that I should have to "admit" to, or to "walk back."

I never came here before and offered my opinion about this case. I never came here and made statements that put me in front of the Chicago PD investigation. I never got out "in front of my skis" about this topic. That--what WBailey1041 just quoted from me--was the first thing that I ever said here, about the Jussie Smollett case.

But that's only the "supporting act." It probably doesn't even line up with WBailey's message.

Here is where the rubber meets the road...

If WBailey stopped coming here because of me, that's his "thing." If WBailey don't like to see any ideas, or opinions, or attitudes, or selection of topics that does not line up with his very own and very personal criteria, then he needs to have his own WBailey-branded online discussion forum or blog. Or he needs to go to some other online forum, with an owner that wants it to reflect a certain, pre-agreed upon or top-down agenda. An agenda that WBailey can be in approval of.

I've not ever seen or read about such an agenda from this forum's owner. Pennock's isn't any more WBailey's online space, than it is my online space. It's equal. It's (supposed to be) a level playing field.

WBailey stopped coming here (except for that last one) because he is not looking for an open discussion forum.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-20-2019).]

IP: Logged
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2019 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:
OK. I have not given myself a close review of how CNN reported this story, from Day One to where it stands, today.

Fair enough. Fox reported the same and I do know why. Because it was news.

Forget the politicians. I just thought it needed a mention, which it did.

My impression is that CNN, in their more basic or straightforward news reports, told their viewers (and readers) that Jussie Smollett brought this story about being attacked to the Chicago PD, and that, based on actual statements to CNN reporters from authorized spokespersons for Chicago PD, the Smollett allegations were being taken seriously and were under active PD investigation.

Again, fair enough. As said to randye :

Originally posted by cliffw:
randye, this time I actually believe they accurately reported, as did other news outlets including Fox, what was fed to them. What the press did not do was investigative reporting. Including Fox.

Then, layered on top of that, are the "pundits."

Of which we are. Either being a parrot, or asking questions. Being skeptical. Asking questions unmasks the truth.

... as if the Jussie Smollett story of being attacked and victimized by some "MAGA" types (Trump supporters) had already been confirmed by the PD investigation, ...

That is actually incorrect. Yet the left leaning press never let facts get in the way of their ?reporting? It was reported that they were wearing red hats. In fact, Smell Et's claim led to the dastardly duo's home being searched. No MAGA hats, or even red hats were seized though other incriminating evidence against Smell Et's claim was seized. Including the magazine of which letters were cut out thought to have been used to make the threatening letter sent to his movie work location a week earlier. Which technically is mail fraud.

and therefore the implications for how "Carter Nimrod and Natalie--shorthand for C-N-N viewers" should think about this are "bla-bla-bla."

Why would viewers want to hear "bla-bla-bla" ?

"Jussie Smollett was victimized by President Trump, his rhetoric and his supporters." "Institutional racism." "Traditional anti-homosexual lawlessness, is still not curbed because of too much indifference at all levels of government." In other words, What Have You.

What we have here is an inability to think. By you and the left leaning media. I had never heard of the guy. I didn't know he was gay. In fact, all the video of him shown by the paparazzi shows him on various red carpets posing with beautiful females. Never a male or boyfriend / ?boy toy?.

I follow MSNBC more closely than CNN (television), and NBC News online, more closely than CNN online.

It shows via your posts. You really need a more well rounded diet of news information and have more introspection into what you hear.

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post02-20-2019 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Click to show

Sometimes it really is what is not said.

FFS, this mental degeneration of our nation must cease! Take one good look around yourselves. How many of these people walking the streets would you allow to watch a child? Trust has been taken away by the likes of Ronald, Threedog, Dobey, etc. Either with a false narrative, or with just outright lies, we encounter this type of mentality here and in real life daily.

I am not apologetic.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 02-20-2019).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2019 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The "R" is obviously for redundant, repeat, reiterate. As in phrases, concepts, ideas that you tend to use, employ, beat to death over and over, ceaselessly, ad infinitum. Capeesh, understand, got it?

Rinselberg Rules the Realm of Redundant Rhetoric. He is the Rajah of Repetitiveness, the Emperor of Over Emphasis. I could go on, continue, make up more crap, string words together, vomit voluminous verbiage.....................
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-20-2019 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Our Nigerian connection purchasing the materials needed to assist Jussie Smollett.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qz0JY4HReU
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2019 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We need immediate legislation to deal with assault ropes.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-20-2019 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Shhh, somebody is a suspect now. Any idea who the Chicago Police Department just named? Hint: It rhymes with Jessy Smellette.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2019 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

We need immediate legislation to deal with assault ropes.

That would knot be good noose.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 02-20-2019).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2019 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19334 posts
Member since Mar 2009
Apparently, Smollett does indeed live in MAGA country, if MAGA stands for Makeup Assault to Get Attention.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2019 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

According to Illinois statues, filing a false police report constitutes disorderly conduct, and is felonious. A conviction for a class 4 felony in Illinois carries a 1-3 year prison sentence and can include fines up to $25,000, according to the state's general assembly.

A hate crime is when someone commits a crime for a biased reason. This includes:
Race
Religion
National origin
LGBTQ status

Harassment, including threatening by telephone, by email, and via social media
Trespass
Disorderly Conduct
Mob Action
Damage to property
Graffiti/Vandalism

So can we all get together and go after the people that have posted negative and race bating accusations on social media?
Doug85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2019 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I expect some federal charges to be in the works too. He started the hoax by having the two body builders send a threatening racist letter to his studio with his name on it. It also contained powdered Tylenol, which was an unknown substance at the time and treated as a dangerous chemical. The FBI and Postal Inspectors got involved. They take mailing powdery substances as a threat very seriously.
PFF
System Bot
Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2019 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Doug85GT

9466 posts
Member since May 2003
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2019 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

But I don't think you can rationally want to just take a sledgehammer to all the pundits and columnists. I think it's fair to say that there could have been more skepticism about the case, on the part of the pundits and columnists, instead of seeing many of them get so far out in front of their skis by talking about the Smollett allegations without reminding the viewers (enough times) that the case was still under investigation.

The flip side of that is that the pundits and columnists will--considering the picture that now seems to be emerging from the Chicago PD investigation--now have an opportunity to go after Jussie Smollett and put his culpability under the national spotlight. I think that is already happening.

You mean like what Cuomo did on CNN with the Closing Argument with Lemon about the Covington students? The one where they "Don't blame the kids" but then turn right around and blame the kids for what they were wearing and how they acted? This will be the same thing. They will admit that Smolett allegedly set this up and was wrong if he did; but will brush that under the rug and blame it on Trump, his supporters and the MAGA hat's. They will say it shines the light on the pervasive racism that still exist's today towards black's and homosexuals. It's BS and if you want to delude yourself believing it, have fun.

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2019 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jussie Smollett attack: Smollett in custody after being charged with disorderly conduct @ 6abc Felony disorderly conduct in the story...

Also investigating by USPS and FBI for Mail Fraud for mailing fake death threats in other stories yesterday. use web search.

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 02-21-2019).]

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2019 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He should be charged with a Hate crime however he's in Chicago so after a slap on the wrist all will be forgiven.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-21-2019 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

Click to show It's BS and if you want to delude yourself believing it, have fun.

It could not get any more egregious. You have nailed it. Our society is deaf to truths.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2019 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where were the SWAT teams, FBI, black SUV's and the early morning raid to capture this terrorist?

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2019 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I knew it was fake BS as soon as I heard that when he showed up at the hospital to be checked an hour later, he still had the 'noose' around his neck. Who would do that....Id have taken it off in the first minute...he wanted it on for the photo op. Also with all the cameras out there, they managed to stage the 'attack' in a place that not one camera covered. For days all they said about what was poured on him was a liquid. Was it water? If it was bleach, it didnt even discolor his clothes. The whole thing was a preplanned anti Trump hoax, and people keep calling out Trump for dogging the news and calling them fake. None of the news cares it was a set up, they just had to get out the anti Trump spin asap. Smollet should be fired from the tv show, jailed for maximum allowed time, pay the maximum fines also and pay Chicago for every penny they spent on the investigation. THEN, apologize to Trump administration and the American people admitting he committed the crime. Then he should hire some private security to keep him from being attacked by gays and blacks who were all hurt by his recklessness. He better watch his back in prison too.
theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2019 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2019 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:
Uber data used to identify accomplices in staged Jussie Smollett attack, police say.

That right there is funny. Think about it peeps, Smell ET decides to walk home in the dead of winter, even though he is a man of means. In the dead of winter, during a brutal polar vortex.

Then, , Smell ET would have us believe that the two clowns were also walking in the dead of winter, during a brutal polar vortex carrying bleach and a noose, at the most coldest part of a day.

I wonder how far he walked. How many security cameras did police view looking for clues as to the attackers ?

Smell ET, I wonder what he was thinking just after the hoax. How to pull the rest of it off. No wonder he did not want to pull off the noose.

Justice would have been that the loose end of the noose got caught in something and he hung himself. Oh wait ... he did hang himself, .
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2019 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually, the polar vortex had not yet gotten to Chitown when this happened.
It was cold and windy, but at the time of the incident, the worst was yet to come.
PFF
System Bot
otakudude

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2019 05:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for otakududeSend a Private Message to otakududeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've heard it said that Jussie should have known better than to get into a financial arrangement with two Nigerians.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2019 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Throw the goddamn book at him- what a POS.
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2019 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Something I've thought about with all of this.

The Police were able to use these cameras to track down the "real criminals" in this case... Why are so many gun crimes going unsolved in Chicago?
fierobrian

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2019 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobrianSend a Private Message to fierobrianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

The Police were able to use these cameras to track down the "real criminals" in this case... Why are so many gun crimes going unsolved in Chicago?

Because they don't have a problem tracking peaple . they have a problem admitting they have a gang problem it is easier to blame a object . and if anyone gets caught it is simple a city ordnance that is a cash fine . that it's why the city will never lower is murder or shooting rate . i live a hour away and have friends living in the city . my step daughter had a dead body dumped in her back yard last year . so i do know what I'm talking about
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2019 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am listening to Rush and he just brought up something interesting. As it turns out, Smollett's mother is a former Black Panther and remains good friends with Angela Davis. The acorn does not fall far from the tree.

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2019 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I am listening to Rush and he just brought up something interesting. As it turns out, Smollett's mother is a former Black Panther and remains good friends with Angela Davis. The acorn does not fall far from the tree.

More reason to pursue this as a hate crime and not just a hoax. This could have went south in so many ways, I am glad that Chicago police got on this as fast as they did and it didn't draw out. If they had not uncovered the truth as fast as they did who knows how many lives could have been put in jeopardy.
Just look at how many jumped on the hate bandwagon and posted so much hate on social media.
Let the punishment fit the crime. This is a hate crime against all of us not just MAGA hats.

**By us that includes all of us. When the blood starts spilling its going to be all red...
theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2019 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2019 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No doubt that besides the facts that come out.... he will maintain victim status.
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2019 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 02-23-2019).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2019 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This story has been overwhelming the news for quite a while now. That makes me wonder if it is just a big distraction. There may very well be things going on that some would rather we ignore. There are a few important issues that we are no longer talking about. I don't think that is merely coincidental.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 02-23-2019).]

PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2019 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They blamed Trump for causing him to be attacked in his fake story. Now that hes proving to be a liar on the whole incident, the libs are still blaming Trump...now for causing Smollett to dream up the scheme in the first place. Trump cant win with libs, no matter what he does, even if its something they want. If he dropped the whole wall thing completely, they would then say we need better border security and its the Presidents job to do whatever it takes. Is there some kind of poison you can put in the water or air that would kill only liberals....
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2019 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

Because it is not gun crime,.it is gang crime.
theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2019 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2019 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whats written on the memo line of the check is kind of worthless info. He planned the whole thing, so why would he not write something in that line thats totally a lie. I could write someone a check with the statement paid in full for 1965 Ford, even if its actually hit money for a murder. The two brothers themselves say it was payment for the faked attack. I dont even know if they know how to read english, so he could write anything he wanted on the check and they wouldnt have a clue. I would bet money he wouldnt write ' payment for fake attack ' on the check.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2019 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I would bet money he wouldnt write ' payment for fake attack ' on the check.

lol that's funny right there I don't care who you are.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2019 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This entire sad and pathetic tale of the usual leftist fraud and jackassery is thankfully winding down.

That said, I'll just drop this here as a reminder for future fakery like this that is absolutely certain to come.

The truth almost always eventually comes out, it just takes time, and it is NEVER what the leftist media originally told you.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 02-26-2019).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2019 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

The truth almost always eventually comes out, it just takes time, and it is NEVER what the leftist media originally told you.

How sad is it when comic strips make more sense and tell more truth than the "news sources" and the people who are elected to run the Country?

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 02-26-2019).]

WBailey1041

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2019 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WBailey1041Send a Private Message to WBailey1041Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It’s starting to look like he might actually get what he’s got coming.
16 Felon count indictment.

Embattled TV star Jussie Smollett's legal problems have just become significantly more serious as a Cook County grand jury has returned a 16-count true bill of charges against him in connection with his alleged falsification of a hate crime in Streeterville in late January.
Smollet was charged with a single count of felony disorderly conduct-false report last month based on allegations brought by the Cook County State's Attorney's Office.

But, CWBChicago has learned that a grand jury has now returned a total of 16 felony counts of disorderly conduct-false report against the former star of Empire on Fox.

The grand jury's true bill states that Smollett lied about the attack to two separate police officers--the beat cop who took his initial report and a detective who conducted a follow-up interview the same day.

In one set of charges, the grand jury found that Smollet filed a false police report around 2 a.m. on Jan. 29th in which he told an officer that he was attacked near 341 East Lower North Water Street by two unknown men who were dressed in black and one of whom wore a ski mask. The jury further found that Smollett told the original officer that the attackers called him racial and homophobic slurs and struck him in the face with their hands. The police report connected to these charges also indicate that Smollett claimed that a noose had been placed around his neck and a "chemical" had been poured on him.

The second set of charges returned by the grand jury involves Smollett's alleged false reporting of the incident to a police detective later the same day. Additional details that Smollett apparently included in the second interview include: the men approached him from behind, Smollett fought back, and all three men fell to the ground where Smollett said he was kicked in the back and felt someone pulling on his neck. During this interview, Smollett also told the officer that one offender was a white male wearing a black mask with an open area around the eyes that exposed the attacker's skin, the grand jury found.

While announcing the initial charge against Smollett last month, Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson said his department believed that Smollett was also responsible for mailing a threat letter to himself that set the stage for the purported hate crime. Nonetheless, no charges were brought against Smollett in connection with the letter by the grand jury.

The new charges against Smollett each carry a potential sentence of probation to four years if convicted. Realistically, though, Smollett is unlikely to be convicted on more than a fraction of the charges. Most Cook County criminal cases are resolved through plea bargains in which a defendant pleads guilty to one and, rarely, two counts of an indictment in return for a favorable sentence. Only by going to trial do most defendants run the real risk of being convicted of more than one or two counts.

National news outlets have been reporting since Smollett's arrest that he had already been "indicted" by a grand jury. As CWBChicago has repeatedly reported, those outlets were incorrect. Shortly before Smollett's arrest, a grand jury was convened in a so-called "John Doe case," a legal maneuver that is designed to lock in the testimony of key witnesses under oath to minimize the risk of that testimony changing later and to preserve the testimony should a witness go missing.

Smollett's attorneys are due back in court next week.

http://www.cwbchicago.com/2...s-16-felony.html?m=1

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2019 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw that this morning too. Chicago police filed 16 felony charges, and several federal charges are coming, including a couple of mail felonies. I heard EACH charge is worth up to 3 years. I hope he gets 40+ years. I dont hear too much from liberals right now...I think their hiding in closets hoping the whole thing goes away. Time to get out that Mueller Report to take the attention off them. BS, BS, Divert...repeat.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock