Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Farmers Markets.....are racist. (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Farmers Markets.....are racist. by MidEngineManiac
Started on: 12-28-2017 09:50 AM
Replies: 45 (670 views)
Last post by: dennis_6 on 12-31-2017 10:42 PM
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know what I really like? Artichoke... that **** is the bomb. Steam it... pull the leaves off, dip it in melted butter, and squeeze that **** into your mouth.

It's a great first course to go along with Cornish game hen. Poor baby chickens...
IP: Logged
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, you'd be surprised at the # of people that don't know a cornish game hen is neither cornish, a hen, or a game bird, but according to USDA and USF&D is any chicken of either sex slaughtered @ 5 weeks old or less.
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did not know that. I just thought they were the chihuahua of chickens.
RayOtton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spent a couple of years as IT manager for Purdue Chicken working in a slaughterhouse and I learned lots of interesting tidbits about chickens.

- They go from hatch to slaughter in about 45 days.
- In some states a "free range" chicken is nothing more than a regular chicken that is raised in a house with a door to an outside pen. Doesn't mean they actually GO outdoors, just that they have the option.
- The varieties bred for food grow breasts so large that if they weren't slaughtered within a year they couldn't walk.
- The sea gulls you see swirling about overhead at a chicken slaughterhouse are like a flying school of piranhas waiting for one of the chickens to get dropped during the loading operation. I've seen them strip a chicken to bones in about 5 minutes.
- They load the chickens onto the line in a room lit with blacklights so the chickens immediately go to sleep hanging upside down as they head for the rotating blades.

And, oh yeah, don't eat chicken franks.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2017 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Yep, you'd be surprised at the # of people that don't know a cornish game hen is neither cornish, a hen, or a game bird, but according to USDA and USF&D is any chicken of either sex slaughtered @ 5 weeks old or less.

Heh... it's just like a Chicken Cordon Bleu... sounds super-fancy, but it's just a chicken breast hollowed out with cheese and a piece of ham shoved in there.

I'm too lazy to look it up, but I wonder if they just called it that because it was similar in size to the game birds that they would shoot in the UK and cook... and maybe here in the early days of the US, they thought no one would know the difference... haha.

Originally posted by RayOtton:

And, oh yeah, don't eat chicken franks.

I was going to ask... and then a big... "ooooooh!" clicked in my head.

Ugh...

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 12-31-2017).]

dennis_6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2017 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nevermind, in other news I have a dozen hens.

[This message has been edited by dennis_6 (edited 01-01-2018).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock