Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Sea levels have risen 3 inches over the last 20 years. Debunking NASA's weird fantasy (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Sea levels have risen 3 inches over the last 20 years. Debunking NASA's weird fantasy by rinselberg
Started on: 12-06-2017 08:08 AM
Replies: 137 (2325 views)
Last post by: rinselberg on 12-19-2017 05:37 PM
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2017 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

I hypothesize a more prosaic scenario, of a single Reality Bubble that all of us perceive in similar ways and all of us agree is Real.

Wherever it is Ronald, your little "bubble" is definitely FAR outside of any reality.

You're NOT a scientist Ronald.

...even though you like to pretend to be one on the internet.
IP: Logged
jmbishop

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2017 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:
You're NOT a scientist Ronald.

...even though you like to pretend to be one on the internet.

Ron is a qualified plagiarist.

If you understand the scientific method, you can come to conclusions based on available evidence, that doesn't mean you're an expert because you watch CNN and read some NYT articles.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post12-07-2017 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does this mean we all get to drown instead of being blooowwweeeedddd up ?

Yippee, were all gonna die !!.....again.

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2017 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

Ron is a qualified plagiarist.

If you understand the scientific method, you can come to conclusions based on available evidence, that doesn't mean you're an expert because you watch CNN and read some NYT articles.

Cutting & Pasting "sciency" articles on an internet car forum and then adding a few lines of garbled, pointless commentary to them also doesn't make someone a "scientist" and it certainly doesn't make them an "intellectual".

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 12-07-2017).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2017 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13818 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Does this mean we all get to drown instead of being blooowwweeeedddd up ?

Yippee, were all gonna die !!.....again.

BREAKING NEWS

Everything that liberal leftists worry about has suddenly been resolved............and now they are very worried about that.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 12-08-2017).]

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2017 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We are going to die based on unsettled science, we must spend money on carbon credits.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2017 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

My god......it rained here last night! We are all doomed!!!

LOL, let me guess, liberal controlled city government...?

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2017 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rogergarrison

49601 posts
Member since Apr 99

Originally posted by Threedog:

Yes, dont give me a line of scientific babble...show it to me. I dont see any shrinking beaches or disappearing cities do you ? Has nothing at all to do with a flat earth. Proof has been there since ships were able to sail in a complete circle that it isnt a flat earth, and backed up by photos of the earth from space. THAT is eyeball proof. Every single day something some scientist says somewhere is proven wrong. Having a PHD does not make everything you say a fact...just means you wasted more money on school.

"Furthermore, some scientists believe that spectacular volcanic eruptions, like that of Mt. St. Helens in 1980 and Mt. Pinatubo in 1991, actually lead to short-term global cooling, not warming, as sulfur dioxide (SO2), ash and other particles in the air and stratosphere reflect some solar energy instead of letting it into Earth’s atmosphere. SO2, which converts to sulfuric acid aerosol when it hits the stratosphere, can linger there for as long as seven years and can exercise a cooling effect long after a volcanic eruption has taken place.

Scientists tracking the effects of the major 1991 eruption of the Philippines’ Mt. Pinatubo found that the overall effect of the blast was to cool the surface of the Earth globally by some 0.5 degrees Celsius a year later, even though rising human greenhouse gas emissions and an El Nino event (a warm water current which periodically flows along the coast of Ecuador and Peru in South America) caused some surface warming during the 1991-1993 study period."
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2017 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Yes, dont give me a line of scientific babble...

He didn't. People like him don't understand scientific babble.

The science people like threedog claim is a well written fictional story. It's based in enough reality that if you didn't know better you'd believe it.

Science is never settled. What is widely accepted as fact was never actually a fact; it's all theory. Anything backed by science but represented as undeniable truth are really political campaigns.

Currently, we have a lot of biased research into global warming because of politics. The more biased you appear, the more likely you are to be funded. When people decide to research Tetrodotoxin ,as an alternative to opioids, with minimal side effects and no dependencies, you'll struggle to get funded.

A good example of a scientific political farce is the Big Bang Theory and the theory of Evolution. The theories were pushed into schools as a replacement for religous teachings(not a bad thing). The problem is that it changed into theories taught and tested as if they are fact even after one of the theories had been debunked.

We've all been taught the Big Bang theory, yet when it was disproven you didn't hear about it in the news and there was no push to remove it from curriculums. The theory was based on the understanding of Newtonian physics and the observation that the universe was expanding. We now have observed that the universe is accelerating. When you apply Newtonian physics, the new theory states that the expansion of the universe is still expanding due to an unknown outside force that is still pushing the universe apart today which completely invalidates the observation the Big Band theory was based on.

The problem with today's political claims about climate change is that the theories surrounding it aren't backed up with much observable evidence. The scale of the studies is nowhere near near enough to come to conclusions. Evidence contradicting it is ignored in favor of what is politically correct.

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 12-09-2017).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2017 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A good example of a scientific political farce is the Big Bang Theory and the theory of Evolution. The theories were pushed into schools as a replacement for religious teachings (not a bad thing). The problem is that it changed into theories taught and tested as if they are fact even after one of the theories had been debunked.

Not a bad thing, ? I do however suppose that you are right. In that religious teachings should not be done in schools.

We've all been taught the Big Bang theory, yet when it was disproven you didn't hear about it in the news and there was no push to remove it from curriculums. The theory was based on the understanding of Newtonian physics and the observation that the universe was expanding. We now have observed that the universe is accelerating. When you apply Newtonian physics, the new theory states that the expansion of the universe is still expanding due to an unknown outside force that is still pushing the universe apart today which completely invalidates the observation the Big Band theory was based on.

I didn't know the Big Bang theory was disproven. Not that I ever believed in it. I can't see how Newtonian physics disproves it. Unknown outside force ? Expanding the universe ? That would be the Big Bang explosion itself. By definition, an explosion expands.

I reject the Big Bang theory with common sense. They ask that we believe there was nothing and then something exploded, and also believe this particular explosion created the miracles of the universe. Every explosion I have observed destroys.

Now, let me use common sense to debunk evolution. As big of a farce as Global Warming. The missing link, ? Links would be the more appropriate term. But they are not missing. They never existed. If evolution was reality, why did it stop ? Links should be in abundance.

The problem with today's political claims about climate change is that the theories surrounding it aren't backed up with much observable evidence. The scale of the studies is nowhere near near enough to come to conclusions. Evidence contradicting it is ignored in favor of what is politically correct.

I agree, mostly. I would say instead of politically correct, that it is a political agenda. As always, about money.

jmbishop, I enjoy your contributions.

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2017 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad you got something out of it, I thought it had killed the thread.

Originally posted by cliffw:
Unknown outside force ? Expanding the universe ? That would be the Big Bang explosion itself. By definition, an explosion expands.

The point is that if the universe is accelerating, the force causing it to expand is still there. According to Newtonian physics, the universe would have to be slowing down and eventually pulled back together buy gravity if the "Big Bang" was the cause of the universe expanding.

That force that is causing the acceleration may not be what created the universe but it definitely is contrary to to the theory of the "Big Bang" because it contradicts the observation the theory was based on.

Global warming has a similar issue to the "Big Bang". It's based on very limited observations on a scale too small to draw conclusions from.

We know climate change is real, we know it's a natural process that will happen with or without us. Any conclusions drawn based on the evidence we have are based on anecdotal evidence and anything contradictory to whatever side you're on is accused of being the same.

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 12-11-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2017 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jmbishop

4484 posts
Member since Jul 2006

Not a bad thing, ? I do however suppose that you are right. In that religious teachings should not be done in schools.

That's pretty much what I meant, I just didn't word it correctly, I don't have a problem with religious teachings being left out of public school curriculums. I'm not in favor of replacing it with a specific subject.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2017 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"We are just ignoring the vast majority of scientists now because "we see more with our own two eyes?" by threedog

See how you did that...twisted what I said to mean something completely different. I SAID proof of anything to me is seeing it with my own 2 eyes. Anything I dont personally see I can accept or not accept...my choice. I DID NOT say I see more with my own 2 eyes like you tried to quote.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2017 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://jokes.cc.com/funny-d...ientist-and-the-frog

There once was a scientist who studied frogs. One day, the scientist put the frog on the ground and told it to jump. The frog jumped four feet.

So the scientist wrote in his notebook, "Frog with four feet, jumps four feet."

So the scientist cut off one of one of the frogs legs. The scientist told the frog to jump. Frog jumped three feet. So the scientist wrote in his note book, "Frog with three feet, jumps three feet."

So the scientist cut of another leg. He told the frog to jump. The frog jumped two feet. So the scientist wrote in his notebook "Frog with two feet, jumps two feet."

The scientist cut off one more leg. He told the frog to jump. Frog jumped one foot. So the scientist wrote in his notebook, "Frog with one foot, jumps one foot."

So the scientist cut off his last leg.

"He said, "Frog jump. Frog jump. FROG JUMP!"

So the scientist wrote in his notebook, "Frog with no feet, goes deaf."
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2017 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I were French I'd be triggered.
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2017 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was a grasshopper the first time I heard this one. Ring the bell, grasshopper jumps. Cut off his legs and ring the bell, the grasshopper just sits there. Conclusion: grasshoppers ears are in their legs.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2017 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I've heard it a few different ways, sometimes with the conclusion that the ears are in it's legs, that's just the first one that popped up when googled.

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 12-12-2017).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2017 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"We are just ignoring the vast majority of scientists now because "we see more with our own two eyes?" by threedog

Isn't that odd. That's the SAME reason secular humanists and atheists use to deny the existence of God.

They can't see him or see any evidence of him, therefore he doesn't exist.

However they WILL accept the words of the "priesthood" of "scientists" that something that no one else observes is a fact.

They take their "priest's" word on faith.

They will even use religious terms and call anyone who is skeptical of their faith a "Denier"

They will invoke their all powerful "holy names", such as NASA, as supreme religious authority and to attempt to stop discussion in the same way a muslim might refer to mohammed.

Example: "Well NASA says _________. Are you claiming that you know more than NASA?"

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 12-13-2017).]

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2017 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Skepticism is healthy but the religion that is atheism is not. I'm not going to bother going into it in this thread but if someone wants to start a new one, I'm there.

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 12-12-2017).]

dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2017 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pretty sure that atheism is not a religion. I'm agnostic and that's not a religion either.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2017 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

Pretty sure that atheism is not a religion. I'm agnostic and that's not a religion either.

As with the concealed carry gun issue you are WRONG again.

Lets start with the United States Supreme Court and both the United States 7th Circuit Court of Appeals and the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals

The courts have ruled at least 3 times that atheism and secular humanism, (including agnosticism), ARE religions.

Reference:

United States Supreme Court, Torcaso v. Watkins (1961)

Robert Warner v Orange County N.Y.Department of Probation: U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit (May 13, 1997)

Kaufman v. McCaughtry, U.S, Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit (1995)

If necessary, we can delve into the philosophical aspects of this some time, and some place, else.

For now I have no desire to "chase cats" with you and muddy up this thread any more than it already is.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 12-12-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2017 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm willing to be wrong but I don't accept any court telling me that my beliefs are religious. Agnostic is the absence of believing for me and if that's not right then I'm not agnostic. I don't have a problem with anyone else either believing or not believing.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2017 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm willing to be wrong but I don't accept any court telling me that my beliefs are religious.

If you don't like it then I can only suggest that you march your happy ass up the steps of the United States Supreme Court and tell *them*

Be sure to let us know how that goes for you.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 12-13-2017).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2017 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm willing to be wrong but I don't accept any court telling me that my beliefs are religious. Agnostic is the absence of believing for me and if that's not right then I'm not agnostic. I don't have a problem with anyone else either believing or not believing.

dratts, my good friend, think about what you said. Where to start ?

If a court says you have to pay the fine, you can not, not accept it. If the court says you are going to jail, you are going to jail. Believe it or not.

Agnostic. The absence of believing. Is that code for not giving a damn ?

What do you believe in ? Or, are you agnostic about all life and reality ?
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2017 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dratts, my good friend, think about what you said. Where to start ?

If a court says you have to pay the fine, you can not, not accept it. If the court says you are going to jail, you are going to jail. Believe it or not.

Agnostic. The absence of believing. Is that code for not giving a damn ?

What do you believe in ? Or, are you agnostic about all life and reality ?

I don't see how any court can tell anyone what to believe or put them in jail for what they believe. Agnostic? I was at one time a born again baptized Christian before I began to have my doubts. I don't see how I can ever have proof that there is a god or that there isn't. That separates me from an atheist that believes there is no god. I just don't know.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2017 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't see how any court can tell anyone what to believe or put them in jail for what they believe. Agnostic? I was at one time a born again baptized Christian before I began to have my doubts. I don't see how I can ever have proof that there is a god or that there isn't. That separates me from an atheist that believes there is no god. I just don't know.

Thank you sir !

I have had my doubts too, before. I still want to. Yet I have seen God, and the Devil. I have.

Oh gosh. I don't mean to preach. I am not going to.
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2017 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't you 'sir' me. I'm just as good as you are. Well, maybe not.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2017 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Don't you 'sir' me. I'm just as good as you are. Well, maybe not.

Ok dude. There are many people better than me. I think you are but just one of them. I mean that.
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2017 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok dude. There are many people better than me. I think you are but just one of them. I mean that.

I don't think for one second that I am better than you. I was just joking about the 'sir'. You can call me dude though. I actually am an ordained minister of the church of the later day dude.

[This message has been edited by dratts (edited 12-12-2017).]

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2017 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have not updated myself on this thread--all the messages that are here, after the last one from me on Page One. Still on my To Do list.

I do see, among the various off-topic remarks (Off Topic in Off Topic... unusual), that there are a number of On Topic messages here about Sea Levels that have extended and added to the earlier discussion within a discussion inside the "Harvey and Irma" thread.

The "Harvey and Irma" thread was started by drafts, back in September. It started out as a general or catch-all discussion about the two devastating hurricanes. It kind of morphed into a discussion that was more focused on the one topic of Sea Levels.

I added to the "Harvey and Irma" thread on December 1, with more of my thoughts on the topic of Sea Levels.

After I did that, there were two responses. One was civilized, and the other (from "randye"), distinctly against the first of the Posting Rules, "Keep it civilized." But neither one of these Reply To messages was about Sea Levels.

That's when the Light Bulb went on. I said to myself, "There has to be more interest in this topic, but members who are at the Main Page and just see that there's a thread about Harvey and Irma are not going to realize that this is their chance to weigh in again, or possibly for the first time, on the topic of Sea Levels."

So I set this up as a new Topic with links back to the "Harvey and Irma" topic.

I was also hoping, perhaps subconsciously and certainly wishfully, that if "randeye' got involved again, he would be On Topic with Sea Levels and would leave his earlier stupid and idiotic remarks (in the "Harvey and Irma" thread) behind, and not revert to that same Imbecilic and Posting Rules Violating mentality that has so thoroughly characterized him, and even more so during the most recent three or maybe five months.

There was a thread that I started not that long ago, having to do with the Yellowstone volcano, where he managed to set the bar again--the bar for Not Keeping It Civilized. I think he somehow got "radicalized" in some time frame before I created that topic. He went from Large Sized Cretin all the way up to Super Massive Cretin.

It was so rude of me to say **** Off to him, when I could have said "You are a jackwad" or "You are a jackwipe." Those are words that he has used recently here, in reference to me, knowing that they will not be Asterisk-ized by the Swear Filter.

jackwad? jackwipe?

Seriously?

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 12-14-2017).]

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2017 02:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010
Posted by randye

You [rinselberg] harp about "posting rules" and not disclosing personal information but YOU were the first one to start using members last names.

I have sometimes addressed "jmbishop" as J M Bishop ... "cliffw" as Cliff W ... "Tony Kania" as Tony Kania. My only purpose is to change it up a little, and to avoid the monotony of always referring to any other forum member with their exact Pennock's screen name.

I have not used any "extracurricular" research to discover otherwise undisclosed information about any other forum member. I have never tried to discover and "weaponize" that kind of information for use against another forum member as part of any Off Topic argument or discussion.

If anyone has a "beef" about how I have addressed or referred to them, please call it to my attention. I want to make my points and provide my thoughts and opinions, and without rubbing anyone the wrong way, as that idiom is generally understood.

This is just another spurious complaint to be disregarded, about my Off Topic Discussion Forum Practices, from randye.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 12-14-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2017 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you talk to yourself when you are alone?

Do you talk to yourself when you are in a crowd?

When you talk to yourself, do you stay in the third person?

Does it get confusing?
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2017 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If anyone has a "beef" about how I have addressed or referred to them, please call it to my attention. I want to make my points and provide my thoughts and opinions, without rubbing anyone the wrong way, personally speaking.

I've called your attention to it many, many times ( well, two, to be exact ).

To reiterate -

You can call me Raymond, You can call me Ray, You can call me Ray Ray, You can call me Ray Baby, You can call me Rayman but ya doesn't has to call me RottenOtton.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post12-14-2017 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let it rise, my house will be beach front property by the time my wife retires and will be good for her..
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2017 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Isn't that odd. That's the SAME reason secular humanists and atheists use to deny the existence of God.

They can't see him or see any evidence of him, therefore he doesn't exist.

However they WILL accept the words of the "priesthood" of "scientists" that something that no one else observes is a fact.

They take their "priest's" word on faith.

They will even use religious terms and call anyone who is skeptical of their faith a "Denier"

They will invoke their all powerful "holy names", such as NASA, as supreme religious authority and to attempt to stop discussion in the same way a muslim might refer to mohammed.

Example: "Well NASA says _________. Are you claiming that you know more than NASA?"

I see nothing at all odd about that. Ive never seen any proof of the existence of a god. However, like I said, I can either accept the premise or not for myself. I choose to accept the idea that their is a singular god...its just not a proven fact to me. No one will ever know until they die and the facts will or will not bear out what they think. Let me know the next time someone dies and sends you a photo of the 'pearly gates or God" himself. Otherwise, my proof will come when I die.

On NASA, I believe anything they say that has irrefutable proof. Otherwise, Ill chose whether I believe them or not.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 12-14-2017).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2017 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I see nothing at all odd about that.

I'm fairly certain that you are misreading what I wrote.

Go back and carefully read it again.

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2017 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13818 posts
Member since Mar 2006

I have addressed "jmbishop" as J M Bishop.

Then you whined and cried that someone was breaking the posting rules by addressing you as Inselberg

You always seem to have a boat load of bullcrap excuses for your own behavior while you wag your little leftist rinselberg finger at others.

Here you are AGAIN bellyaching about posting rules being broken while you simultaneously do the same damn thing you're bitching about:

I was also hoping, perhaps subconsciously and certainly wishfully, that if "randeye' got involved again, he would be On Topic with Sea Levels and would leave his earlier stupid and idiotic remarks (in the "Harvey and Irma" thread) behind, and not revert to that same Imbecilic and Posting Rules Violating mentality that has so thoroughly characterized him,.....

....He went from Large Sized Cretin all the way up to Super Massive Cretin.

You're a HYPOCRITE Ronald and you're still a LIAR......and a jackwipe

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 12-15-2017).]

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2017 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I believe my own eyes for physical proof over what ANY scientist says. While it may be higher in some places, Im only familiar with the Caribbean. My house on the beach there has been there for over 100 years (grandparents built it in like 1903). Its about 20 yards from the back door to the ocean, a little closer at high tide. Its been the same the whole time. The house hasnt moved or the beach built up.

I'm sure someone will argue that no change of sea level at your Caribbean house is just a "local" measurement.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 12-14-2017).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2017 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

I'm sure someone will argue that no change of sea level at your Caribbean house is just a "local" measurement.

The satellites measure the height of the sea surface with an accuracy of about 3 centimeters (just over 1 inch)

Ronald's idea of the sea :

Reality:

Wind, waves, tides, storms, shifting sands....

Yup, just a "local measurement", that's all.

It is helpful to remember that Shadeball Ronald also thinks that a local municipal concrete lined water treatment pond is a "reservoir".

Like small children, climate alarmists and lefties have no realistic sense of the scale of the world around them.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 12-15-2017).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2017 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

I havent seen photos of any of Florida disappear beneath the waves either...or anywhere else on the planet. Wave action gradually knocking down cliffs along with any houses on it dont count as being destroyed by rising water.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock