Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Neon Neom Neom. But these 'cats' won't be noshing on pork.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Neon Neom Neom. But these 'cats' won't be noshing on pork. by rinselberg
Started on: 10-25-2017 09:14 AM
Replies: 8 (250 views)
Last post by: Tony Kania on 10-26-2017 12:18 PM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2017 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ambitious ideas are being discussed for what is being described by representatives of the Saudi government as plans for the development of a $500 billion "megacity" that would be closely connected to the adjoining geospace in Jordan, and also to Egypt, separated from Saudi territory by the waters of the Red Sea. The ideas include the construction of a bridge that would straddle the Red Sea, near the Gulf of Aqaba.

The conjectured urban mega-development has been christened--uh, I guess I should be saying "muslim-ized" or "muslim'd", rather than "christened"--with the self-explanatory (not) utterance of "Neom". That's what the Saudi government and project spokespersons are calling it in their English language communications.

It's partly my Muslim-obsessed jazz (Who Dat Say?) that prompts me to litter Pennock's Off Topic with this advisory, but more than that: I am not one to allow a "good" discussion thread title or topic header (like this one) to just go to waste.

Here's a brief writeup that just appeared on the website of United Press International that includes page-links to additional online reporting about this 21st century miracle.
https://www.upi.com/Top_New...aign=mp&utm_medium=1

You may (or may not) have noticed that "rinselberg" has been a Pennock's no-show--"MIA"--for about the last three weeks.

It's kind of a sabbatical from Pennock's Off Topic that I'm having.

It started when I purposely curtailed both my online utterances and even my passive monitoring of the activity on this online discussion venue, as Friday, October 6 drew near. Because I was about to embark on the 15th Annual California Coast Run, which has drawn many Fiero and fellow automobile enthusiasts over the years to a weekend gathering at San Simeon, a small coastal enclave that ls situated southwards of Monterey and northwards of Santa Barbara.

I wanted to clear my mind and my schedule and use the time to focus exclusively on this road trip. No small thing for me, as I am an infrequent traveler. Even in terms of such a relatively short journey. It's the first Coast Run that I have ever been part of.

There's a thread in our Events section about this latest incarnation of the Coast Run, now in the proverbial rearview mirror, for anyone who wants more about it:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum7/HTML/000570.html

Take that as a "by the way."

One of the Coast Runners (not me) broke out a helicopter-style UAV and recorded some "drone" video from overhead:
https://youtu.be/L7ei3462qso

HAGO.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 10-25-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2017 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome back. Saw your 'intent to participate' post in the Coast Run thing awhile back, so figured you were still among the breathing.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 10-25-2017).]

MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post10-25-2017 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Couldz u sayz dat again in engris ?

Edit:

Nice video.Best part of living in Cali was the coast and canyon drives...woulda been MORE fun in a Fiero, but dummy me had to have a 67 Mustang.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 10-25-2017).]

RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2017 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HeY, what happened to THE (new) and "improved" Rinsey?

Gone three weeks and all is forgotten.

Sister Mary is not happy.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2017 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RayOtton:

HeY, what happened to THE (new) and "improved" Rinsey?

Gone three weeks and all is forgotten.

Sister Mary is not happy.

He had to go to a re-education camp.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2017 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

He had to go to a re-education camp.

Possibly so.

I wonder if they had shade balls in the camp's swimming pool.

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2017 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RayOtton:
I wonder if they had shade balls in the camp's swimming pool.

Absolutely.

Sometimes you have to Live Más.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2017 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Absolutely.

Sometimes you have to Live Más.

Excellent.

Short and to the point.

Sister Mary is ever hopeful.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post10-26-2017 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good morning rinselberg.

Edit: Happy to see you post. That is all. Enjoy...

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 10-26-2017).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock