One of your favorite tunes by 2.5
Started on: 06-14-2017 03:48 PM
Replies: 25 (481 views)
Last post by: OldsFiero on 10-07-2021 08:01 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2017 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
post it

Here we have one of mine, its actually arguably Toad The Wet Sprocket's first big hit. I think its cool seeing bands in early "gigs". The first song they play here:

Here is a later performance:

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 06-14-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RayOtton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2017 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We've been posting my favorite tune for the last couple of days so I won't link it here.

"I don't care anymore" - Phil Collins (Hello I Must Be Going)

That song got me through some pretty bad divorce days.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2017 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another good one from them...

texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2017 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For the lyric and for the exceptional guitar!
One of many.

Not professionals, just a couple of guys who enjoy making pretty music. I have the privilege of sitting in on jams each week, with folks like these two. It has enhanced our lives greatly.

[This message has been edited by texasfiero (edited 06-14-2017).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2017 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My favorite recording of one of my absolute favorite songs. There are some moments in this recording that just grab hold of me and won't let go:

This legendary concert was nearly eighty years ago now, and we almost never got to hear it:

There never would have been a recording of the concert if Albert Marx had not taken the initiative. Marx was married to Helen Ward, who was Benny's vocalist from 1934-1937. He decided to record the concert as an anniversary present for Helen. Two copies were ordered, one for Helen and one for Benny....

Goodman's 1938 Carnegie Hall jazz concert was different from the commercial release and from subsequent performances with the Goodman band. The personnel of the Goodman band for the Carnegie Hall concert were the same as in the 1937 recording session, except Vernon Brown replaced Murray McEachern on trombone, and Babe Russin replaced Vido Musso on tenor sax.

Goodman's solo is more introspective in the Carnegie performance, with a wider range of dynamics and colors, with Krupa playing a pulsating tom-tom accompaniment accented on the third beat of the measure behind Goodman for the first half of the solo, while Jess Stacy inserts minor-chord punctuations. Goodman's solo evolves to a driving 'four' feel before quietly giving way to Stacy's famous solo, a four-chorus, chromatic impressionistic masterpiece widely analyzed by pianists both jazz and classical. Stacy was quoted as saying he was glad he did not know Goodman was going to let him solo, because then he would have gotten nervous and "screwed it up."

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 06-14-2017).]

jonrev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2017 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jonrevClick Here to visit jonrev's HomePageSend a Private Message to jonrevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See a Local H show before you die.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2017 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
older fav

newer

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 06-14-2017).]

spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2017 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This guy had many hits in England but only one in the U.S.
Stories of his weird behavior were unknown in 1959.

[This message has been edited by spark1 (edited 06-28-2017).]

Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2017 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

newer

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post06-15-2017 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post06-15-2017 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Title song to one of my favorite albums..

PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2017 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://youtu.be/opuzm5rvNig

Pick one

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 06-17-2017).]

spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2017 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2017 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
1987 Fiero GT T-Top
2012 Kia Forte Koup
2017 Kia Forte S

FieroNews
FieroNews Spare Tire Cover
FieroNews Windshield Banners

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post06-18-2017 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My favorite Tunes?
I currently have 2,463.
No joke.
56 years on the planet.

But I guess I'm forced to go with the song the brain experts say activates more parts of the brain than any other song: Queen ~ Don't Stop Me Now.*

*The link to the study is somewhere here in a previous thread I posted sometime ago...I just can't find it.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post06-18-2017 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003
But if we're playing...

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2017 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is one of my all-time favorites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2017 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a off the wall fave of mine.

NSFW/C

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2020 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post10-28-2020 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2020 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love this song and I was listening to it just the other day.

Someone put together an interesting collection of video clips, including at the end what I think is Sebring, circa 1969.
edit: I think that is 1970 and Steve McQueen spinning out.
edit#2: confirmed @1:00 in this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXk9U4pQZpw
edit#3: Peter Revson, McQueen's teammate was driving at that moment.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 10-28-2020).]

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2021 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2021 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of my favorites since I was about eight years old and it is the right time of year:

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2021 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gets me every time

sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post10-06-2021 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of my goals is to be able to play this song live some time. No, I'm not kidding. I want to do Disco Inferno too.

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 10-07-2021).]

OldsFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2021 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OldsFieroSend a Private Message to OldsFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

About 90% of what I listen to is country. Somehow I missed this one. I like it. A good song for an old fart like me.

Probably not my favorite, but I like it a lot and it's cute story.

https://youtu.be/PKpQRjj_WbU

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock