Started on: 08-28-2016 08:27 AM
Replies: 227 (3705 views)
Last post by: tshark on 09-07-2018 11:04 AM
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2018 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have had friends that asked a lot of questions, but never listened to the answers.

IP: Logged
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2018 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Freedom of speech does not extend into the workplace.

Exactly. and no where does it say players or players union needs consulting with the owner for anything. Owner 'might' extend them a courtesy, but by no means is it required. One instance I was familiar with was Hooters restaurants. The servers are not allowed to have tattoos that show, except for small, discreet ones and no visible piercings. They can be fired for not observing that dress code. What they do show is solely the discretion of the manager or corporate . THEY decide if its appropriate or if they have inappropriate one, it must be covered with body make up.

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2018 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Exactly. and no where does it say players or players union needs consulting with the owner for anything. Owner 'might' extend them a courtesy, but by no means is it required. One instance I was familiar with was Hooters restaurants. The servers are not allowed to have tattoos that show, except for small, discreet ones and no visible piercings. They can be fired for not observing that dress code. What they do show is solely the discretion of the manager or corporate . THEY decide if its appropriate or if they have inappropriate one, it must be covered with body make up.

You are correct, but the distinction between that case and the NFL is the terms laid out in contracts signed by employees. The NFL did not have written stipulations about the Anthem, and they have started to address this issue this season. With out specific contractual guidelines, it is VERY difficult for the NFL to take action. The players union is VERY powerful and will fight the NFL and win on unstipulated contractual issues.
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2018 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe that the whole thing is a distraction of what the protest was about. Maybe the kneelers need to speak out. They could have chosen a much better time than the national anthem but they have a valid point. When the bible thumping anti-protesters wrap themselves in the flag I am immediately suspicious of them. Go ahead and criticize, just don't use the bible and the flag. I'm all for open discussion but critical thinking goes out the window when they use this technique. If it was about bad police they have a valid point.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2018 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

I believe that the whole thing is a distraction of what the protest was about.

The protest is about racism against a "white America". A veiled attempt to validate racism against white people. The accusation is that white America has a system that oppress black people via targeting laws, skewed justice system, hiring practices, to discriminatory education and many other bull crap excuses that idiots fall for.

Maybe the kneelers need to speak out. They could have chosen a much better time than the national anthem but they have a valid point.

People have had plenty of time to hear and digest the reasons for the protest. America has said enough is enough.
America has shown that the protest is not worth the distraction and disrespect. In other words, no valid point to the protests.

When the bible thumping anti-protesters wrap themselves in the flag I am immediately suspicious of them.

I have yet to hear a single "religious" perspective on this issue?

Go ahead and criticize, just don't use the bible and the flag. I'm all for open discussion but critical thinking goes out the window when they use this technique.

I will absolutely criticize people who use racism to justify racism, but again your claims of religion on this issue are unjustified. So where is the critical thinking in your argument?

If it was about bad police they have a valid point.

No, they dont. If it were about bad police, they would not accuse the entire justice system. They would not blame laws. They would not blame all Police for the actions of a few bad Police, or poor decisions made by a few Police. They would not say justified shootings by Police are examples of racism by Police. If the movement had a valid point, they would not defend criminals who died committing crimes. If they had a valid point, they would not falsely accuse Police of wrong doing BEFORE all the facts were out.
There is so much wrong with the movement that it has been in multiple threads here on PFF.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-30-2018 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...If it was about bad police they have a valid point.

If this your response to your past conflicts with the Police in Idaho, then please remember that you were breaking the law. I just cannot get over the fact that you got caught red handed fully knowing the legality of things, yet continue to be pizzed at Officers that were doing their job. You were smoking marijuana in a state that does not allow such things. I even helped you out with this situation.

Tell the full story Don, or quit being fake.
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2018 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep I got busted for possession of a few grams of pot and a vaporizer. Seventy four year old never been charged arrested or convicted of anything in my entire life and they were willing to hang a felony on me. I had a Calif. prescription which is worthless in Idaho. I acknowledge your help in the situation and I'm grateful.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-30-2018 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In regards to a PM...

Click to show
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2018 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep I got busted for possession of a few grams of pot and a vaporizer. Seventy four year old never been charged arrested or convicted of anything in my entire life and they were willing to hang a felony on me. I had a Calif. prescription which is worthless in Idaho. I acknowledge your help in the situation and I'm grateful.
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2018 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dratts

8373 posts
Member since Apr 2001
This goes back to a time when Tony was going to have to sell either his Fiero or his truck due to a lack of funds. I lent him $4000 interest free so that he wouldn't have to sell the truck which he needed and he could keep his Fiero. $4000 interest free! I had a garden that required two medical marijuana recommendations. Mine and his. I put up all the capital for the garden paid for everything and supplied a secure location for it. Tony went South on me and asked for his recommendation back which I gave to him and lined up another legal partner. Tony threatened to turn me in and I said go right ahead. I don't give a crap about your threat again to turn me in again. Go right ahead. I would never take a chance on losing my property with an illegal grow. At the time Tony was smoking about three times as much as I did and I advised him that he might be letting it get in the way of having a successful job as he was only lasting about two weeks on his jobs before getting fired. He overindulged. I sent him a private message rather than out him on the forum but that's all over now. I even tried to help some Fiero people when they couldn't get their tail lights back from Tony. As far as I know they never did get them back. He is not the nice guy that he presents himself to be on this forum. Go ahead and turn me in Tony. You assumed that I would need your participation and that you could threaten me. You were easily replaced.
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2018 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dratts

8373 posts
Member since Apr 2001
This goes back to a time when Tony was going to have to sell either his Fiero or his truck due to a lack of funds. I lent him $4000 interest free so that he wouldn't have to sell the truck which he needed and he could keep his Fiero. $4000 interest free! I had a garden that required two medical marijuana recommendations. Mine and his. I put up all the capital for the garden paid for everything and supplied a secure location for it. Tony went South on me and asked for his recommendation back which I gave to him and lined up another legal partner. Tony threatened to turn me in and I said go right ahead. I don't give a crap about your threat again to turn me in again. Go right ahead. I would never take a chance on losing my property with an illegal grow. At the time Tony was smoking about three times as much as I did and I advised him that he might be letting it get in the way of having a successful job as he was only lasting about two weeks on his jobs before getting fired. He overindulged. I sent him a private message rather than out him on the forum but that's all over now. I even tried to help some Fiero people when they couldn't get their tail lights back from Tony. As far as I know they never did get them back. He is not the nice guy that he presents himself to be on this forum. Go ahead and turn me in Tony. You assumed that I would need your participation and that you could threaten me. You were easily replaced.
PFF
System Bot
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2018 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yep I got busted for possession of a few grams of pot and a vaporizer.

Is it drug abuse that's also causing you to double post lately?

This is approximately the 3rd or 4th thread you've done that in now.

Please stop it.

This new revelation about your drug arrest also brings several other questions about your postings on this forum into better perspective.

I certainly don't mean to BARGE in here on FIRE and SINK your narrative and POLLUTE THE WATERS and then RUN AWAY without taking responsibility for the mess, but is there anything else you want to disclose?

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 05-31-2018).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-31-2018 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Edit:

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 09-04-2018).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2018 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
😱
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2018 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Question: Is failing to remember the posted speed limit an indication of impending Alzheimer's?

Rams
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2018 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No.

Hauling cars on a trailer is a symptom however.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2018 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No.

Hauling cars on a trailer is a symptom however.

Good to know, don't remember doing any of that sort of thing.....

Then again, they say memory is the second thing to go. Can't remember what the first was.......

Rams
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-31-2018 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Click to show
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2018 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most of the football "fans" I have talked to at work have softened up on the NFL because of the new policy.
I have not, the NFL needs to ban them from the game without pay each time they disrespect America.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2018 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This Topic, back by popular demand after a three-month hiatus

"Big Game" is a new book about the NFL and its on-field and off-field issues from New York Times Magazine writer Mark Leibovich.

The first 10 minutes of this YouTube video--it's from MSNBC's Morning Joe--have Mark Leibovich discussing his new book and the experience of writing it with the anchors and guests of Morning Joe.

I am just going to put this up here, in case anyone wants to take the time for it, and maybe compare what Mark Leibovich has to say with what some of the Pennock's "faithful" have been saying in this discussion--this particular string (thread; topic; what have you) of messages ("posts").

The NFL's player injury and concussion-related or CTE issues are given some "play" in this on-air discussion, but within the confines of just 10 minutes, and with the other issues like players taking a knee during the National Anthem and even some other, previous skeletons in the NFL's closet that came out of the closet--well, it's here if anyone wants it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxjNdIF69Eg

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 09-04-2018).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2018 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nike selects what's his name to be their ad spokesperson.

Their right to do so.

My right to buy another brand.......

I will exercise my rights.

Rams
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2018 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They have been overpriced status symbols for a couple of decades.

Weak minds seek status in adornment.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2018 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They have been overpriced status symbols for a couple of decades.

Weak minds seek status in adornment.

Hmm

Now you have me wondering. I seem to be stuck in the eighties with two Fieros. Not exactly considered status symbols by most and those same folks questioning my mental status. I'm so confused.....

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 09-04-2018).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2018 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

blackrams

31842 posts
Member since Feb 2003
So far, Nike's shareholders have lost just over 3 billion $ today.

https://www.zerohedge.com/n...ver-3-billion-so-far

I know they aren't marketing to me but to other groups but, seems to me this has not been a very smart marketing move.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 09-04-2018).]

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2018 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

So far, Nike's shareholders have lost just over 3 billion $ today.

https://www.zerohedge.com/n...ver-3-billion-so-far

I know they aren't marketing to me but to other groups but, seems to me this has not been a very smart marketing move.

Rams

Maybe because it wasn't a "marketing move".

It is a POLITICAL move, and as we have seen many times recently, when someone starts a political firestorm inside their own business they shouldn't be surprised when that firestorm burns the business down.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2018 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Maybe because it wasn't a "marketing move".

It is a POLITICAL move, and as we have seen many times recently, when someone starts a political firestorm inside their own business they shouldn't be surprised when that firestorm burns the business down.

I guess this is a gamble, sometimes it pays off. I say let it burn down, but even without the protests, the NFL is loosing business to "health" issues that have been on their back for the last few years.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2018 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2018 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not really sure how mug shots are a good marketing move.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock