Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
   Dartmouth students lead profane Black Lives Matter protest (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Dartmouth students lead profane Black Lives Matter protest by dennis_6
Started on: 11-15-2015 07:18 PM
Replies: 45 (703 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 11-20-2015 09:33 AM
dennis_6

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2015 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dartmouth students lead profane Black Lives Matter protest

The Dartmouth Review
@DartmouthReview
on Nov 14, 2015 at 3:00 PM EDT

The protest occurred Thursday night, ostensibly because of the vandalization of a Black Lives Matter display in the Collis Center.
Protesters reportedly cursed at students who were attempting to study in the library.

Black-clad protesters gathered in front of Dartmouth Hall Thursday night, forming a crowd roughly one hundred fifty strong.

Ostensibly there to denounce the removal of shirts from a display in Collis, Dartmouth's student center the Black Lives Matter collective began to sing songs and chant their eponymous catchphrase. The band then marched into Baker-Berry Library.

“F*** you, you filthy white f***s!” Tweet This

“F*** you, you filthy white f***s!”

“F*** you and your comfort!”

“F*** you, you racist s***!”

These shouted epithets were the first indication that many students had of the coming storm. The sign-wielding, obscenity-shouting protesters proceeded through the usually quiet backwaters of the library. They surged first through first-floor Baker-Berry, then up the stairs to the normally undisturbed floors of the building, before coming back down to the ground floor of Novak Café.

Throngs of protesters converged around fellow students who had not joined in their long march. They confronted students who bore “symbols of oppression” such as “gangster hats” and Beats-brand headphones. The flood of demonstrators opened the doors of study spaces with students reviewing for exams. Those who tried to close their doors were harassed further. One student abandoned the study room and ran out of the library. The protesters followed her out of the library, shouting obscenities the whole way.

Students who refused to listen to or join their outbursts were shouted down:“Stand the f*** up!” “You filthy racist white piece of s***!” Men and women alike were pushed and shoved by the group.

“If we can’t have it, shut it down!” they cried. Another woman was pinned to a wall by protesters who unleashed their insults, shouting “filthy white b****!” in her face.

In the immediate aftermath of the demonstration, social media was abuzz with comments condemning the protesters for their tactics. Many students who had experienced the protests took advantage of Yik Yak’s anonymity to air their grievances. Some students reached out toThe Dartmouth Reviewto provide additional details.

An anonymous member of the class of 2019 explained that while working on a group project in a private study room, his undergraduate advisor came in and expressed his disappointment that the he was not joining in the protest. The advisor then demanded that he and the other members of his group project to leave the room and join in.

Another member of the class of 2019 recalled clapping after a protester said, “let’s give a round of applause for the beautiful people of color who were here for this protest.” The protester then turned on her saying, “for all of you that are sitting down and applauding right now, we don’t care about you.”

Protesters have also spoken out in the aftermath of their march. One woman, who identified herself as one of the protesters in a lengthy post to Facebook, wrote, “we raised hell, we caused discomfort, and we made our voices heard all throughout this campus in the name of standing up for our brothers and sisters across the country who are staring terrorism and assault directly in the face.” She went on to accuse those she thought were insincere in their support for the movement of “faking allyship,” and called the activities an “occupation of Baker Berry.”

Follow the Dartmouth Review on Twitter: @DartmouthReview

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=6990

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post11-15-2015 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ha! Good times. Good times.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2015 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, why weren't these brigands all machinegunned to death?
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2015 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

So, why weren't these brigands all machinegunned to death?

Better question.

Men and women alike were pushed and shoved by the group.

Why weren't they arrested for assault? If I pushed or shoved a cop I would be. I don't see why the standard should be different.
Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2015 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

Why weren't they arrested for assault? If I pushed or shoved a cop I would be. I don't see why the standard should be different.

Or expelled?
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2015 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With a little luck maybe this will catch on and explode into something with consequences.

Oh the fun we will have. Makes me all warm and fuzzy but jittery and excited at the same time.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to wonder just how many of those Black lives in that protest were raised by American black parents? Or if they even ever had any parents or if they are just some of the refugees/terrorists who are from Europe who are invading all of Europe and the Americas?

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 11-16-2015).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

I have to wonder just how many of those Black lives in that protest were raised by American black parents? Or if they even ever had any parents or if they are just some of the refugees/terrorists who are from Europe who are invading all of Europe and the Americas?

Steve

From the video, many were white.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
from the article by the OP,

Originally posted by dennis_6:

An anonymous member of the class of 2019 explained that while working on a group project in a private study room, his undergraduate advisor came in and expressed his disappointment that the he was not joining in the protest. The advisor then demanded that he and the other members of his group project to leave the room and join in.

Another member of the class of 2019 recalled clapping after a protester said, “let’s give a round of applause for the beautiful people of color who were here for this protest.” The protester then turned on her saying, “for all of you that are sitting down and applauding right now, we don’t care about you.”

So many who wanted nothing to do with this protest were shoved out the door and into the protest, it sounds more like a riot to me than a peaceful protest.

Steve

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 11-16-2015).]

Jonesy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm all in support of a real peaceful protest. But the moment people in your protest group puts their hands on a bystander watching said protest, your protest group becomes a gang, and should be treated as such.

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 11-16-2015).]

Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

I have to wonder if the faculty that joined in did so to avoid being called racists?

I posted this in the Missouri thread and it wasn't received well. Now it SHOULD be a question on everyone's mind. You're welcome.
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-16-2015 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

I posted this in the Missouri thread and it wasn't received well. Now it SHOULD be a question on everyone's mind. You're welcome.

I watched as the head football coach checked his PCedness. Bravo for him. Sorry, but this is such a joke. Real issues are now rewritten history, and it is whiteys fault for everything.

Islam is the problem.

Black racists are the problem.

What?
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Islam is the problem.

Black racists are the problem.

What?

Many who feel that they have been treated unfairly by America, who hate America, join islam. They are very dangerous.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Many who feel that they have been treated unfairly by America, who hate America, join islam. They are very dangerous.

No doubt.

One step at a time.

Disenfranchised gang bangers joining forces with new Syrian arrivals?
A whole bunch of indifferent bystanders talking about acceptance and diversity?

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 11-16-2015).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If white kids did the same thing but replaced the word "white" with the word "black", would they be treated differently?
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post11-17-2015 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I said it a few monthes ago and told I was a flucking fool,(and that's being nice)

WELCOME TO MOB RULE

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 11-17-2015).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-17-2015 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This thread is taking important web space from the Black Lives Matter organization, and they wanted to Tweet #****YOU/OT/SECTION.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-17-2015 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder when, whites that as a group are though as racist, no matter what the persons personal character is, as a whole, don't say screw it, they think we are racist, we'll show them racist..
and embrace it 100%..
That is when this crap will stop as they'll collectively crap their pants..
FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

I wonder when, whites that as a group are though as racist, no matter what the persons personal character is, as a whole, don't say screw it, they think we are racist, we'll show them racist..
and embrace it 100%..
That is when this crap will stop as they'll collectively crap their pants..

Or bleed out.....

------------------

ARCHIES JUNK IS FASTER THAN SHAUNNA'S JUNK

12.3 is faster than a 13.2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I said it a few monthes ago and told I was a flucking fool,(and that's being nice)

WELCOME TO MOB RULE

I dont know why anyone would disagree that mob rule is what people in these storys and vids seem to want and some are achieving. Because leaders are looking to appease.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 11-17-2015).]

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

I dont know why anyone would disagree that mob rule is what people in these storys and vids seem to want and some are achieving. Because leaders are looking to appease.

Our societal structure feeds on the heat and carefully manages that heat so it never explodes.

The natural order of things is being ****ed with.

In my mind though natural order reigns supreme so at some point it will become like borrowing more than you can afford to pay.

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

Our societal structure feeds on the heat and carefully manages that heat so it never explodes.

The natural order of things is being ****ed with.

In my mind though natural order reigns supreme so at some point it will become like borrowing more than you can afford to pay.

Perhaps mod rule is the natural order?
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

If white kids did the same thing but replaced the word "white" with the word "black", would they be treated differently?

"I'm proud to be an Asian" said the Asian guy. "I'm proud to be black" said the African-American. "I'm proud to be white" said the racist. - Chris Rock

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They can only do this because we don't have "mob rule". I guarantee you that if we did, there is a much bigger, much tougher "mob" that would just love to put them in their grave.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-17-2015 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

They can only do this because we don't have "mob rule". I guarantee you that if we did, there is a much bigger, much tougher "mob" that would just love to put them in their grave.

really, now..
if that much tougher mob acted, the ones you don't see as the ruling mob would have every one in that tougher mob up on charges, were they skate on by..

and you damn know that is the reason that tougher group hasn't done crap..
mental floss

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-17-2015 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most American 'Blacks' are part White. African-Americans are usually African/European-American.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And some Russians are technically Asian.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Black lives matter means black lives are more important than anyone elses, so they have free rein on whatever they want to do under the guise of wanting to be the same. If a white person hits them its assault, if a cop hits them its against their rights, if anyone reports it in a bad light, theyre racists. Theyre THE RACISTS and too dumb to see that. They physically act on their wants, and the whites dont...making them actually MORE RACIST in the end than the whites. I dont go out in the hoods burning everything I see.
mental floss

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-17-2015 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And some Russians are technically Asian.

African/Eurasian-Amerucans. I like it.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Every time Black Lives Matter opens their pie hole, I give fewer F***s about black lives.
Sorry, but I'm all out of f***s to give.
mental floss

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-17-2015 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Theory says they did this as a stunt to get back in the news. We need to start calling it Black Mobs Matter.
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2015 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Every time Black Lives Matter opens their pie hole, I give fewer F***s about black lives.

I think the overall point is to incite these feelings, dont let losers get to you and keep from identifying anyone by just their ethnicity or skin color. I havent seen you do that in the past here.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2015 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Famous Harvard professor rips into 'tyrannical' student protesters, saying they want 'superficial diversity'

High-profile incidents of racial discrimination at the University of Missouri have spurred students across the US to protest racism on their own campuses.

And while many civil libertarians have lauded the students' actions, Alan Dershowitz, a prominent Harvard Law School professor, has ripped into these students for what he argues are hypocritical demands.

"The last thing these students want is diversity," Dershowitz told Business Insider.

"They may want superficial diversity, because for them diversity is a code word for 'more of us.' They don't want more conservatives, they don't want more white students, they don't want more heterosexuals."

Dershowitz, a leading proponent of civil liberties and a defense attorney who advised on the O.J. Simpson murder trial and numerous other celebrity cases, was commenting on what he calls a dangerous trend of "tyrannical students" on college campuses.

At numerous schools — including the University of Missouri and Yale University — students have protested racism on campus and called for the resignation of administration members who they say are creating a dangerous environment. And at Amherst College, students have threatened to respond in a "radical manner" if their demands are not met.

At Mizzou, Tim Wolfe stepped down as president after months of tension on campus. Students there have now demanded a more inclusive campus and to see black faculty grow to 15% within 10 years.

But Dershowitz counters that students don't want actual diversity on campus.

"I think the most important thing to point out is the double standard and the hypocrisy," Dershowitz said. "These are students who want safe spaces for themselves but not for others. They're prepared to spit on people going out of lectures."

Dershowitz is referring an incident after a free-speech conference at Yale earlier this month in which several attendees were spat on and called racist, people who went to the conference told the Yale Daily News. One minority student who attended the conference told the YDN he was called a traitor.

Further, Dershowitz, who is Jewish, argues that he has been the victim of anti-Semitism and hateful language on campus by the very students who intend to remove all harmful language from campus.

When he spoke at the City College of New York (CUNY), he said, he was met with shouts of "Zionists out of CUNY." At Johns Hopkins there were posters showing his face defaced with Hitler mustaches, he said. When he attends lectures or gives speeches on campus, Dershowitz says, he needs police officers to escort him around campus for his own safety.

"These students don't want me to be safe," he said. "They don't want students who agree with me to be safe. They just want their ideas to be safe and protected from any contrary point of view."

http://www.businessinsider....-in-colleges-2015-11

Seems Even those who were civil rights activists don't want anything to do with them.

Steve
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2015 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I had hoped Sickle Cell Anemia would have gotten a better grip...

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2015 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

Famous Harvard professor rips into 'tyrannical' student protesters, saying they want 'superficial diversity'

"The last thing these students want is diversity," Dershowitz told Business Insider.

"They may want superficial diversity, because for them diversity is a code word for 'more of us.' They don't want more conservatives, they don't want more white students, they don't want more heterosexuals."

Steve

Its true nearly everywhere, people dont want diveristy they want to crush what they see as opposition, they do want "more of us".

Even something simple, I was in a "diversity" meeting at work () and they were talking about relatively silly things like holiday decorations, and one person said while in this meeting..."I dont want a santa because I dont believe in Christmas". This person was clueless to the fact that what they wanted was the opposite of "diversity" and "inclusion". They only wanted the winter solstice symbols they personally wanted.

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2015 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think the overall point is to incite these feelings, dont let losers get to you and keep from identifying anyone by just their ethnicity or skin color. I havent seen you do that in the past here.

I treat individuals as individuals. When I see a group mentality like this, I'll treat the entire group that way regardless of the demographics of the group. I'm sure there are non-blacks supporting the BLM hate rhetoric. If one supports and ascribes to the group's values, then I have no problem making my judgements based on the behavior of the group as a whole until an individual shows me otherwise.

I don't have to touch every glowing red stovetop to know I'll get burned. Once I've learned what to expect from one, I can reasonably expect the same from any others exhibiting the same behavior, and the color paint on the stove doesn't matter.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-19-2015 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't have to touch every glowing red stovetop to know I'll get burned. Once I've learned what to expect from one, I can reasonably expect the same from any others exhibiting the same behavior, and the color paint on the stove doesn't matter.

Agreeable analogy. Especially the sentence about behavior. Too say that I am racist because I call out a POS may be true. Depending on what the latest definition may be. But an intelligent human, acting accordingly, brings not a twinge of racist hate. No matter the paint job on the oven.
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wonder when, whites that as a group are though as racist, no matter what the persons personal character is

I have a dream that one day I will be judged by the content of my character and not by the color of my skin...

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 11-19-2015).]

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-19-2015 04:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

I have a dream that one day I will be judged by the content of my character and not by the color of my skin...

I think today, that author would be called not black enough..
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I usually don't care for or agree with most of Dershowitz's commentary, but I think he's very close to the mark here.

But Dershowitz counters that students don't want actual diversity on campus.

"I think the most important thing to point out is the double standard and the hypocrisy," Dershowitz said. "These are students who want safe spaces for themselves but not for others. They're prepared to spit on people going out of lectures."

Dershowitz is referring an incident after a free-speech conference at Yale earlier this month in which several attendees were spat on and called racist, people who went to the conference told the Yale Daily News. One minority student who attended the conference told the YDN he was called a traitor.

Further, Dershowitz, who is Jewish, argues that he has been the victim of anti-Semitism and hateful language on campus by the very students who intend to remove all harmful language from campus.

When he spoke at the City College of New York (CUNY), he said, he was met with shouts of "Zionists out of CUNY." At Johns Hopkins there were posters showing his face defaced with Hitler mustaches, he said. When he attends lectures or gives speeches on campus, Dershowitz says, he needs police officers to escort him around campus for his own safety.

"These students don't want me to be safe," he said. "They don't want students who agree with me to be safe. They just want their ideas to be safe and protected from any contrary point of view."

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-19-2015).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock