Looking for a 1988 Pontiac Fiero Formula or GT 5 speed by Schatz
Started on: 07-03-2020 04:50 PM
Replies: 18 (683 views)
Last post by: Schatz on 07-16-2020 03:14 PM
Schatz

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2020 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SchatzSend a Private Message to SchatzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello, I've been looking for a 1988 Fiero Formula/GT 5 speed for some time now through Facebook marketplace and craigslist and I haven't been so lucky in my search. I was wondering if anyone here has one for sale. Thank you.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
The Art Doctor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2020 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The Art DoctorClick Here to visit The Art Doctor's HomePageSend a Private Message to The Art DoctorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been looking a year for a very good but not museum low miles Formula within a days drive of me.
Good luck. Lots of beat worn out examples and super low miles expensive cars but few in the middle.
Schatz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2020 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SchatzSend a Private Message to SchatzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by The Art Doctor:

I've been looking a year for a very good but not museum low miles Formula within a days drive of me.
Good luck. Lots of beat worn out examples and super low miles expensive cars but few in the middle.

Yeah, same situation here, I just thought it wouldn’t hurt to try and see if anyone had anything for sale here, best of luck to you as well.
Fiero Master

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2020 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero MasterSend a Private Message to Fiero MasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a beautifull 88 Formula for sale. My phone number is 515-460-0620.

------------------
88 Formula

Schatz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2020 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SchatzSend a Private Message to SchatzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Master:

I have a beautifull 88 Formula for sale. My phone number is 515-460-0620.

Where are you located?

Fiero Master

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2020 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero MasterSend a Private Message to Fiero MasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Central Iowa. Zearing.

------------------
88 Formula

Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2020 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Schatz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2020 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SchatzSend a Private Message to SchatzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Central Iowa. Zearing.

I’m in New York, with work I don’t think I will be able to make the drive there. Thank you for showing me the car, good luck selling her.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2020 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Schatz:

I’m in New York, with work I don’t think I will be able to make the drive there..

At this point in time, finding your dream car in your city is highly unlikely.

Found these (not mine, I'm in Canada)
https://www.auta.com/details/?listing=67332326
https://classiccars.com/lis...d/1988/pontiac/fiero

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 07-10-2020).]

Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2020 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Posted a link (above) to another thread with the same goal in mind. Reason was to let it be known, I'm ready to sell mine.

I still don't want to, but the reality of the situation is I just don't have time to do what needs done to all of my vehicles. I would much rather see somebody get this 88GT and do the work it needs done and enjoy being able to drive it.

I finally took it out from under the car cover, and it didn't fair too bad over the winter. No more rust (all surface rust as far as I can tell) than was there last year, and paint is still in need of attention, but nothing really "new" in the way of cosmetic problems.

I drove it to the shop today (one of the few I actually get to go there!) to take notes on the issues I would address if I were looking to keep it. One of the first things I would do is probably go through the front end suspension, there's something "clunking" under the right conditions. My first guess would be tie rod ends, either inner or outer. I'm pretty sure I have a passenger side inner from Rodney Dickman, I never got around to installing. Second guess would be passenger side lower ball joint, but that's, as I said, strictly a guess. Other than that, still drives pretty nice. Love shifting a stick again! I will definitely miss that when it finds a new home. Clutch feels good, brakes feel good. No overheating, A/C still doesn't work. Not sure if a charge would cure it or not. No strange noises when turning it on, just doesn't blow cold air.

Interior is fair, and engine runs fine.

Has 117,000 miles as far as I can tell. The odometer shows 017,000 and change. I am guessing that means it's been around once already? I just don't understand why that left place holder doesn't show the 100, since there's a place there for it? Guess I don't understand how the odometer works.

After driving it, I've reconsidered the selling price. I originally would've like to get $6,000 for it with two sets of wheels and tires, and two sets of seats. I think now I will let it go for $4800 with the wheels/tires that are on it, and the seats that are in it. Or...make an offer. I would like to think that ANY 88GT 5speed that you can drive away with no major issues, is probably worth $5,000, but like I said, I WOULD LIKE to think. Doesn't mean squat to the market place.

So any interest, let me know here, or in a P.M. or by email.

Hate to see it just sitting collecting more rust and dust!

Thanks for looking.

HAGO!

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2020 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent you a PM. I have three and want to cut down to one. Very low mile perfect 88GTs.
PFF
System Bot
Schatz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2020 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SchatzSend a Private Message to SchatzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sage:

Posted a link (above) to another thread with the same goal in mind. Reason was to let it be known, I'm ready to sell mine.

I still don't want to, but the reality of the situation is I just don't have time to do what needs done to all of my vehicles. I would much rather see somebody get this 88GT and do the work it needs done and enjoy being able to drive it.

I finally took it out from under the car cover, and it didn't fair too bad over the winter. No more rust (all surface rust as far as I can tell) than was there last year, and paint is still in need of attention, but nothing really "new" in the way of cosmetic problems.

I drove it to the shop today (one of the few I actually get to go there!) to take notes on the issues I would address if I were looking to keep it. One of the first things I would do is probably go through the front end suspension, there's something "clunking" under the right conditions. My first guess would be tie rod ends, either inner or outer. I'm pretty sure I have a passenger side inner from Rodney Dickman, I never got around to installing. Second guess would be passenger side lower ball joint, but that's, as I said, strictly a guess. Other than that, still drives pretty nice. Love shifting a stick again! I will definitely miss that when it finds a new home. Clutch feels good, brakes feel good. No overheating, A/C still doesn't work. Not sure if a charge would cure it or not. No strange noises when turning it on, just doesn't blow cold air.

Interior is fair, and engine runs fine.

Has 117,000 miles as far as I can tell. The odometer shows 017,000 and change. I am guessing that means it's been around once already? I just don't understand why that left place holder doesn't show the 100, since there's a place there for it? Guess I don't understand how the odometer works.

After driving it, I've reconsidered the selling price. I originally would've like to get $6,000 for it with two sets of wheels and tires, and two sets of seats. I think now I will let it go for $4800 with the wheels/tires that are on it, and the seats that are in it. Or...make an offer. I would like to think that ANY 88GT 5speed that you can drive away with no major issues, is probably worth $5,000, but like I said, I WOULD LIKE to think. Doesn't mean squat to the market place.

So any interest, let me know here, or in a P.M. or by email.

Hate to see it just sitting collecting more rust and dust!

Thanks for looking.

HAGO!

Where are you located
Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2020 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm almost on the OH state line on SR#I77 in Marietta.

HAGO!
hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2020 03:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a real barn find. Contact MRBLUE87 on here. He is selling out. It comes with a fresh 5.7L 350 and Archie swap kit.

------------------
Project Genisis Lo Budget 3800SC swap
12.840@104.8 MPH Intense-Racing 1.9 rockers, 3" exhaust, 3.4 pulley, ZZP tune and 18 year old tires.

88 Coupe under construction SOLD

88 formula 3.4L 4t60 swap SOLD

88GT resurrection in progress.

[This message has been edited by hercimer01 (edited 07-15-2020).]

fst100

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2020 05:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fst100Send a Private Message to fst100Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero Master

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2020 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero MasterSend a Private Message to Fiero MasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why not ship it?

------------------
88 Formula

Schatz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2020 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SchatzSend a Private Message to SchatzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fst100:

saw these on fb marketplace:
https://www.facebook.com/ma...tem/784456362296133/
https://www.facebook.com/ma...em/2599224280292336/
https://www.facebook.com/ma...tem/694373781316364/

Thank you, I've also seen these offers. The 1988 Fiero GT with the 5 speed looks like a good project, I will look into it.
Schatz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2020 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SchatzSend a Private Message to SchatzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Schatz

10 posts
Member since Jun 2020

Why not ship it?

Personally I like to look over the car in person to make sure it's exactly what I am looking for
Schatz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2020 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SchatzSend a Private Message to SchatzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Schatz

10 posts
Member since Jun 2020

Originally posted by hercimer01:

Here's a real barn find. Contact MRBLUE87 on here. He is selling out. It comes with a fresh 5.7L 350 and Archie swap kit.

Do you have a link to that post? Thank you.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock