Started on: 04-29-2019 12:07 PM
Replies: 16 (429 views)
Last post by: Archie on 05-10-2019 01:09 PM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2019 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a Fiero I'm working on & need a pair of rear spindles for 84 thru 87 Fiero. It turns out that the Fiero I'm working on has the 2 bolts at the top of the spindles rusted in so bad that I can't get them out.

I'm going to be using Coil-overs on this & I have new bolts for attaching the new strut to the spindle. With your replacement spindles, I can toss this rusty stuff & start fresh.

Call me at 847-212-3909 or EMail me at Archie@v8archie.com

Thanks

Archie
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2019 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump

Originally posted by Archie:

I have a Fiero I'm working on & need a pair of rear spindles for 84 thru 87 Fiero. It turns out that the Fiero I'm working on has the 2 bolts at the top of the spindles rusted in so bad that I can't get them out.

I'm going to be using Coil-overs on this & I have new bolts for attaching the new strut to the spindle. With your replacement spindles, I can toss this rusty stuff & start fresh.

Call me at 847-212-3909 or EMail me at Archie@v8archie.com

Thanks

Archie

Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2019 04:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are there not a lot of yards out there to pull from? Could be an easier option for you.
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2019 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I spoke with Archie last night, by phone. He gave his number. He mentioned Fieros at salvage yards are rare. Like THAT needs to be said.

I am surprised no one has been able to help him out. After all he has done for the Fiero community.

I was going to give him mine but then I would not have roller parts car. There are three Fieros at a salvage yard about 90 miles from me. (No 88's which I need.) I am going to look at them anyway. They have parts pullers and may ship parts. Per his request, I am going to give them his phone number.

Can anybody else help him ?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2019 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35864 posts
Member since Jun 2003
For our newer members who may not know, Archie's real name is V8 Archie. He designed, produced, and sold adaption kits to bolt in a V8 engine. He also custom installed them for us. I may be mistaken, but don't think I am, I think he also did custom 'chop tops'. A work of art.
michfiero1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2019 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for michfiero1Send a Private Message to michfiero1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I possibly could have a pair available in the next 2 weeks
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2019 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, I've got some.
Just need one set?
Spadesluck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2019 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

I spoke with Archie last night, by phone. He gave his number. He mentioned Fieros at salvage yards are rare. Like THAT needs to be said.

I am surprised no one has been able to help him out. After all he has done for the Fiero community.

I was going to give him mine but then I would not have roller parts car. There are three Fieros at a salvage yard about 90 miles from me. (No 88's which I need.) I am going to look at them anyway. They have parts pullers and may ship parts. Per his request, I am going to give them his phone number.

Can anybody else help him ?

I get that for sure. I was under the impression that Vegas had some yards out there with some fieros around or at least I was led to believe so. O well. If I had some I would pass them along.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2019 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by michfiero1:

I possibly could have a pair available in the next 2 weeks

I appreciate that & thanks.

I'm really trying to find something I can have within a week. I need to get this car out of the garage so I can get another in.

Thank You

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 05-02-2019).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2019 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Archie, I've got some.
Just need one set?

I need a pair (or set)

Can you get me a price including shipping to Las Vegas 89120.

I found a set on EBay but I'd rather get them from someone I know.

I can pay you right away vis PayPal or debit card.

Thanks

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 05-02-2019).]

jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2019 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guys front spindles from a Chevy citation from 84-89 I believe are the same part. I found a set in great shape for 75 buck sand blasted and powder coated them. Look for those
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2019 05:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, you've got a PM.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2019 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want to thank everyone for their support in finding those spindles.

Thanks to cliffw & olejoedad for your help.

Thanks

Archie
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2019 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks to cliffw & olejoedad for your help.

Archie, it was great talking to you just as I was leaving Pick-N-Pull.
This is a great enough place for me to leave this.

My day at Pick-N-Pull.

I have a need for some 88 suspension parts. In my quest and networking for them, I was told about this super secret place at Pick-N-Pull. (That it had three Fieros, which I knew would not work for me.) I had to check it out, and the Fieros. "The Old Car" section I found out had been open ten years. (It is only open 9:00 AM till noon. Wednesday , Saturday, and Sunday.)

What a wonderful day. What a nogstaliac high. If I had more money than brains (it wouldn't take much), I wouldn't have near enough to buy what I wanted. As soon as I entered, my interest meter pegged. It stayed pegged.

What I saw :
First of all, the spaces between the 100 or so vehicles were not 'littered' with parts removed to get to parts needed by other scavengers. Barely a one part. Secondly, the vehicles did not look like rib cages after vultures pick through the carcasses. In fact, a majority of the vehicles looked like restoration projects. Ones, when it comes to Fieros, we say "that needs to be saved". I do not remember one vehicle up on blocks/rims. A few actually had original hubcaps, . Many good bumpers, many good grills. Even though yesterday, I don't remember any with major accident damage.

I am duty bound to report on the Fieros first.
86 coupe, mostly all there.

87GT. It would buff right out. DAMMIT, I should have paid attention to the tailights, .

84 bumper pad. Clean.

----------------------------------------------------------

There also was ... a 69 Firebird, clean and with the original console. An Oldsmobile 442, clean. A 68-72 Chevy C20 P/U (straight six, standard). A Gremlin X, clean. I even saw a 71 Javlin. A 79 Celica Supra, the very first year Supra. A Chrysler TC with a Masaratti badge. With a removable hardtop. It looked like it could be a convertible too, with storage for a folded top under a hard cover just behind the rear seats.

I can't say which one impressed me most but this one is up very high on the list. A 66 Charger fastback. It was missing the console (which ran from the dash all the way to the back of the rear seats. Clean.

Not that I was unimpressed with what all I saw. Upon walking in, I first saw two 55/56 Chevys. Some old Triumph Spitfires. A few 61-63 Ford Rancheros (the first years). Alpha Romeros, VW's including Carmen Ghia and Type Two, other 68-72 Chevy P/U's, Ramblers, old Ford Fairlanes. I forget what all else. Much more.

I called this a super secret area because those cars are not all picked through, or gone. Check your Pick-N-Pull for such a secret resource. It really was a blast from the past on salvage yards of yesterday.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2019 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know, I'm kind of feeling it.

Going to call the 2 local Pick part yards & see if they have a piece of Heaven such as you've described.

Archie

Originally posted by cliffw:

Archie, it was great talking to you just as I was leaving Pick-N-Pull.
This is a great enough place for me to leave this.

My day at Pick-N-Pull.

I have a need for some 88 suspension parts. In my quest and networking for them, I was told about this super secret place at Pick-N-Pull. (That it had three Fieros, which I knew would not work for me.) I had to check it out, and the Fieros. "The Old Car" section I found out had been open ten years. (It is only open 9:00 AM till noon. Wednesday , Saturday, and Sunday.)

What a wonderful day. What a nogstaliac high. If I had more money than brains (it wouldn't take much), I wouldn't have near enough to buy what I wanted. As soon as I entered, my interest meter pegged. It stayed pegged.

What I saw :
First of all, the spaces between the 100 or so vehicles were not 'littered' with parts removed to get to parts needed by other scavengers. Barely a one part. Secondly, the vehicles did not look like rib cages after vultures pick through the carcasses. In fact, a majority of the vehicles looked like restoration projects. Ones, when it comes to Fieros, we say "that needs to be saved". I do not remember one vehicle up on blocks/rims. A few actually had original hubcaps, . Many good bumpers, many good grills. Even though yesterday, I don't remember any with major accident damage.

I am duty bound to report on the Fieros first.
86 coupe, mostly all there.

87GT. It would buff right out. DAMMIT, I should have paid attention to the tailights, .

84 bumper pad. Clean.

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2019 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You know, I'm kind of feeling it.

Going to call the 2 local Pick part yards & see if they have a piece of Heaven such as you've described.

Archie

There is a Fiero club in Las Vagas. I saw over 25 fieros in their bone yard when I visited them .....
regards
Danyel

------------------

My PFF Store
Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014
Tylers Toy

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2019 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, I've been there several times & have bought a lot of parts there. Good guys.

Originally posted by Danyel:

There is a Fiero club in Las Vagas. I saw over 25 fieros in their bone yard when I visited them .....
regards
Danyel

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock