Started on: 10-31-2017 09:06 PM
Replies: 17 (1097 views)
Last post by: qwikgta on 01-07-2018 09:12 PM
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2017 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What I have is the T-Top Frame, both T-Top glass tops, front edge trim, rear trim, all the cap trim and interior "A" pillar trim.

Someone already got the roof weather seal (rubber gasket), I pulled the front trunk rubber seal and put it between the frame and glass to provide a soft cushion but you will need to source new window/top gasket. Here is a link to a thread where someone installed newer Camaro seals: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/104028.html

Also already taken was the "A" and "B" front/rear brackets. These are the pieces that the tops "fit" into. (parts 11 and 14 on the exploded view below) Also missing is the windshield header reinforcement, it was pop-riveted into the front of the chassis with a bunch of rivets and I could not get it out (part 9). All that would be needed for this is a piece of 1"x1" square tube w/ a slight bend in it. "P" seals were shot so they are not included either.

more pics.

I didn't remove these parts. When I got to the yard on the last day, someone had ready tried to remove the top. They drilled out the rivets but they bent the edge of the rear corners. For whatever reason, the only parts they were after was the corner brackets. I've been able to reshape and flatten out the corners, but when it is installed, you will have to do some bending. The frame is not bent except for the rear corners. If your going to cut your roof off, and install this frame, fitting it should not be a problem for you.

The front and rear trim are included, the only issue is that one of the rear plastic parts has a crack. I plan to epoxy it so it does not get any worse. The cap trim are also brittle and need to be painted gray, brown or beechwood.

I'm asking $300. The way I see it, you're paying $100 for the frame, $100 for each T-Top glass and the rest is free. No way its getting shipped, unless you really want to pay for shipping.

PM me for any other information.

------------------

88 Coupe, CJB #95, LS376, F40 and a GT clip
88 GT "Daily Driver" w/ SIII 3800 NA

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 11-03-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dragonfish

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2017 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonfishSend a Private Message to DragonfishEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So much want.... that is a steal!
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2017 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
also included T-Top end caps and T-Top specific overhead light switch.

BUMP
gomezaddams

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2017 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gomezaddamsSend a Private Message to gomezaddamsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If this was anywhere near me Id be all over it
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2017 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are they CJB t-Tops or the older style (pre 88)?

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 11-04-2017).]

sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2017 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

Are they CJB t-Tops or the older style (pre 88)?

Nelson

Not all 88s are CJB.

Free bump, and too bad no shipping.

Awesome deal, someone grab this, if no one does just install them. (you know you want to)

[This message has been edited by sardonyx247 (edited 11-05-2017).]

hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2017 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

Not all 88s are CJB.

Free bump, and too bad no shipping.

Awesome deal, someone grab this, if no one does just install them. (you know you want to)

I should have been more specific and said factory installed 88 t-tops or the other design (pre 88) style. I am quite aware that it was possible to install either type on a Fiero even in 1988. I just wanted to know what type of seals were on these specific parts.

Nelson

qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2017 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i'll ship it by your going to pay a bunch to do it.

RJ
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2017 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok, so a bunch of you said "pull that t-top and i'll buy it off you". Now its for sale, and i have no takers. Is it the price or the missing parts?

Rob
Leukay

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2017 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LeukaySend a Private Message to LeukayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would be a buyer right now if it weren't for the missing parts. The location would also be an issue for me but the main thing for me is the missing parts. Not so much the seals because that will be an issue with any T-Top set, but the missing brackets may be tricky to hunt down. I think the price is good for what it is, and anyone looking to do this on a budget and is patient with finding the few missing pieces should jump on this IMHO
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2017 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I did not already have one spare set of glass for my two t-top cars I would have purchased this offering for the glass. The other spare parts would just have been a bonus and I doubt if I would ever use them but one never knows what might happen down the road. If someone just wants the glass tops I might consider acquiring the remaining parts if the price was fairly reasonable.

Nelson
PFF
System Bot
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2017 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's what I figure happened here, someone needed the end brackets more than the whole top. They removed the parts they needed and now this top is missing them. The cycle goes on and on.

I thought about splitting it up. Maybe down the road ill offer up the glass.

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 11-08-2017).]

qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2017 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump to the top.
f85gtron

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2017 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for f85gtronSend a Private Message to f85gtronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The brackets look like they could be made from sheet metal, or am I looking at that wrong?
Ron
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2017 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes, thats all they were. just bent sheet metal. that's why i know that if someone is serious about cutting off thier top to install this, fitting the endcaps will be easy. I noticed that the C&C Firebird and Camaro tops use the same brackets.

Rob
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2017 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUMP
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2017 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM -------
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2018 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock