Medium red '88 GT nose and hood wanted. by railshot
Started on: 03-17-2017 06:06 PM
Replies: 14 (503 views)
Last post by: LT4SS on 07-26-2017 09:41 PM
railshot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2017 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in the process of getting myself something I really want to go along with my '88 T-top, so I am looking for a hood and a nose in medium red '88 colors.

Edit: Added picture of color I am looking for.

It does not have to be perfect paint, just the correct colors..... this will be my "driver" while I restore the T-top GT.
Then, this one will be my next project...... one is never enough is it?

Prefer local as possible due to shipping costs.
My local is 53157, southern Wisconsin.

Anything close to me?
email or pm, either is fine!.....
Will want within the next month or so.... watch for my next "Well, it all begins again today" posts.

[This message has been edited by railshot (edited 03-19-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
paulsobj

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2017 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paulsobjSend a Private Message to paulsobjEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a hood and I might have a bumper for an 88. It is red though. If you have read my build It is mentioned there with pictures of the color.
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2017 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by paulsobj:

I have a hood and I might have a bumper for an 88. It is red though. If you have read my build It is mentioned there with pictures of the color.

Thanks paulsobj, I was hoping to find something the same color to drive around while I wait for paint on this new to me one.
The car I am going to be getting does have a hood, and the nose is damaged but there, so I am just looking for matching colors for now.

railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2017 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still looking for a hood at least for now.
A GT nose would be great also.

Ruby Red is what it is called on an original window sticker I found online.
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2017 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by railshot:

Still looking for a hood at least for now.
A GT nose would be great also.

Ruby Red is what it is called on an original window sticker I found online.

Interesting that ruby red would be listed. I have always known it as medium red metallic. Weird.

Good luck on finding the right color parts....it's not like they made a bazillion medium red metallic Fieros from '87-'88. [/sarcasm]

railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2017 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:

Interesting that ruby red would be listed. I have always known it as medium red metallic. Weird.

Good luck on finding the right color parts....it's not like they made a bazillion medium red metallic Fieros from '87-'88. [/sarcasm]

LOL, I thought so too, but here it is!
And I am thinking maybe just getting the hood painted will be my final solution.... and not a really good job for now, something that will match the rest of the car.

You can just barely see it at the bottom left side of the sheet calling it "ruby red".

Learned a few other things from this sheet also.
UT4 radio was a $519 option.
CJB T-top was a $905 option, but shows on this sheet as no charge!
Leather was only a $375 option.
mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2017 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting....I've never seen a window sticker for a ruby red Fiero before so there ya go!

GM was very proud of their radios....it;'s crazy to me that leather was so cheap by comparison. It's also crazy to me why more '88 GT's didn't come with leather!

Actual cost for the CJB T-Top was $675....dealers could then mark that up pretty much whatever they wanted for profit. Most were around that $900 price. The window sticker said "no charge" because it had to be shipped to C&C for the conversion. There was a second, smaller window sticker that listed the total price of the T-Tops (along with stuff like "fabric protector" and "paint sealant").

BTW....here's a quick before and after shot of a small section of the nose. The paint is responding very well to some elbow grease!

railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2017 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:

Interesting....I've never seen a window sticker for a ruby red Fiero before so there ya go!

GM was very proud of their radios....it;'s crazy to me that leather was so cheap by comparison. It's also crazy to me why more '88 GT's didn't come with leather!

Actual cost for the CJB T-Top was $675....dealers could then mark that up pretty much whatever they wanted for profit. Most were around that $900 price. The window sticker said "no charge" because it had to be shipped to C&C for the conversion. There was a second, smaller window sticker that listed the total price of the T-Tops (along with stuff like "fabric protector" and "paint sealant").

BTW....here's a quick before and after shot of a small section of the nose. The paint is responding very well to some elbow grease!

Wow, that paint is starting to pop.
I found a few shots of unmolested ("ruby red.. lol) '88's and could not believe the orange peel that came from the factory.

I think there were more cows back in '88, so the leather was probably cheaper?

You are correct about the T-tops...... here is the rest of that window sticker I found online.

Very hard to read in this shot, but if you take the total from that page, and deduct the original total, it comes out to $905

I also found this shot very interesting.
It is of the owners manual and it looks like a manual for the T-tops.
It is called "Skylite T-roof" and reads to be from Component Concepts?

It is a CJB car that I found this all on, so not sure what is all up with that, but interesting to say the least.

mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2017 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by railshot:

Wow, that paint is starting to pop.
I found a few shots of unmolested ("ruby red.. lol) '88's and could not believe the orange peel that came from the factory.

I think there were more cows back in '88, so the leather was probably cheaper?

You are correct about the T-tops...... here is the rest of that window sticker I found online.

Very hard to read in this shot, but if you take the total from that page, and deduct the original total, it comes out to $905

I also found this shot very interesting.
It is of the owners manual and it looks like a manual for the T-tops.
It is called "Skylite T-roof" and reads to be from Component Concepts?

It is a CJB car that I found this all on, so not sure what is all up with that, but interesting to say the least.

That's the water leak manual....I have one that I got back in 1993 from the guy who came up with the Fiero T-Tops. His name escapes me, but I think it was Phil Roberts?

Yeah....orange peel was pretty prevalent on our cars. There were some people back in the day (I'm not naming names) who wet sanded theirs and polished them with amazing results. Too much trouble in my opinion, but to each their own.
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2017 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That has to be what was done to this one.
The paint is so deep it looks wet, and I agree, not worth the effort unless you are showing it and not driving it.

Love this color though.......

Think I will save doing that until I am retired and extremely bored !
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2017 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumping because I am still looking, and this is a good bit of history to share.
Not only was Pontiac calling this medium metallic red, but also ruby red.
Would love to see a side by side comparison of the two colors.
Ruby red seems to have less or no metallic in it than medium metallic red?
PFF
System Bot
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2017 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
and one more bump as I am still looking to buy...

[This message has been edited by railshot (edited 04-30-2017).]

railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2017 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm, I may have passed on a hood I should have taken.
If you still have it I am interested and have the cash on hand!
Deleted your pm, so I cannot reply.

Now that I have a pickup truck (long story, but I now have an S10 ZR2 that I have been longing for since I sold mine) to haul things in, willing to make the drive.

Still looking, even if it is modified..... not quite the "purist" I thought I was!
Hood was in the Chicago area.....

Wife says "It is mine now, so make it mine, and make it right", so full steam ahead!

[This message has been edited by railshot (edited 07-24-2017).]

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2017 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you need a nose still let me know. I have one that is ready for paint that was restored by keystone.

------------------
1987 Fiero GT T-Top
2012 Kia Forte Koup
2017 Kia Forte S

FieroNews
FieroNews Spare Tire Cover
FieroNews Windshield Banners

LT4SS

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2017 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT4SSSend a Private Message to LT4SSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent re: 88 med red hood

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock