Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Steering Wheel Recovery Service - Updated (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Steering Wheel Recovery Service - Updated by Irrationable
Started on: 12-07-2016 12:21 PM
Replies: 91 (7621 views)
Last post by: fierogt28 on 09-29-2022 09:56 PM
Irrationable

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2016 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I’ve decided to take a clean-slate approach and create a new sale thread as I return from hiatus and start recovering steering wheels again. For those unfamiliar with my work, my original sale thread can be found HERE, along with some pictures of past projects found below this post. For the time being, I will be recovering wheels for the months of December 2016 and January 2017 while I have a break from my grad school program. Following this time period, I can’t say with 100% certainty that I will continue recovering wheels, although I would like to if my school schedule permits.

Below you can find a full list of my 2022 materials and options list, taken directly from my order form. To request a copy of this form, message me with your preferred email address and I am happy to provide one for you along with instructions on placing an order.

Before and after:

[This message has been edited by Irrationable (edited 08-14-2022).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2016 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Instructions for Customers Placing an Order:

Please take care when packaging your wheel or core exchanges prior to shipping. I have had several customers end up with broken trim rings on GT/Indy wheels due to improper packaging. These trim rings are often brittle, and are difficult to obtain without having to purchase another wheel to transfer them from or purchasing reproduction rings from me. I always recommend getting insurance when shipping a wheel.

When returning your wheel to you, I will reuse whatever packaging you used to send the wheel to me initially (thus, return shipping will be identical to what you paid to ship the wheel to me, plus the cost of insurance for the return trip, when applicable).

If you opt to do a core exchange rather than sending your own wheel in for recovery, a $75 core fee will be added to your order. This core fee will be returned in full once I receive an acceptable wheel core from you. “Acceptable” cores should be unbent and free of rust (unless you are opting for the spoke/hub refurbishing option). Prior to sending your core, please remove the plastic trim and splined hub, as you will be reusing these. Instructions for removing these are available upon request.

[This message has been edited by Irrationable (edited 07-02-2018).]

Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2016 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Irrationable

405 posts
Member since Dec 2014
Below is a selection of some of my past work. To see the rest, check out my old sale thread link in my initial post. Every time I completed a wheel in a new color/style, I post pictures of the results. Should my return be successful, I will start posting all my new works on this thread.

Black GT with extra padding

Beechwood GT with extra padding

Black GT with white stitching and extra padding

Indy with red stitching

Red and Black GT with red stitching

Black and Grey GT with gunmetal stitching

Red and Tan custom GT

Beechwood 4-Spoke

Mr. Mikes dark gray 4-spoke with red stitching

Early vinyl 3-spoke rewrapped in black leather. Extra padding and metallic grey-blue stitching

Black 4-spoke with gunmetal stitching

Perforated Black leather now available. Shown here on the upper section of a black GT wheel w/ extra padding. This one's going on my car.

Charcoal grey GT with extra padding

------------------
"The Twins"
'87 GT 3.4 pushrod daily driver
'88 GT 3.4 DOHC

'88 T-Top coupe DOHC swap in progress

[This message has been edited by Irrationable (edited 06-30-2018).]

rob87gt

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2016 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rob87gtSend a Private Message to rob87gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i would like my auto shift knob recovered!!
Fiero Vampire

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2016 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If someone wanted to supply their own leather how much leather would you need. I only ask because I could see those with MrMikes seats or other upholstery items wanting all their interior leather to match,
Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2016 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Vampire:

If someone wanted to supply their own leather how much leather would you need. I only ask because I could see those with MrMikes seats or other upholstery items wanting all their interior leather to match,

That's something I mentioned as well. I've had many of my customers opt to go that route, to the point where Mike sends me customers from time to time when they ask him about getting a wheel done. The quantity of leather needed really depends on the style of wheel they are getting recovered. The GT / Indy wheel requires a 17x4 in piece for the upper section and a 30x9 in piece for the lower section of the wheel. An auto wheel requires a 17x4 in piece, a 14x4 in piece, and two 10x8 in pieces.
BassClefJeff

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2016 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BassClefJeffSend a Private Message to BassClefJeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
rob87gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2016 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rob87gtSend a Private Message to rob87gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2016 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
can't find the link for the order form, also what is the address to send off the wheel? I assume PayPal is exceptable?

thanks

Rob
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2016 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you do Alcantara? I want my steering wheel and shift knob done.
rob87gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2016 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rob87gtSend a Private Message to rob87gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
payment for auto shift knob sent!!! Thank you, Robert
PFF
System Bot
Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2016 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

Can you do Alcantara? I want my steering wheel and shift knob done.

That's actually not something I've attempted before. As my supplier only carries leather, the alcantara would have to be provided by the customer. So long as it has a slight stretch to hr and at least 1mm of thickness, I can't imagine it would be any different than leather. PM me and we'll see what we can work out.
FIER086

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2016 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIER086Send a Private Message to FIER086Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2016 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
got mine today, I love it. Sending off #2 in the morning. Thanks again.

Rob

FIER086

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2016 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIER086Send a Private Message to FIER086Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent my wheel and shift knob in the mail yesterday. Excited to get them back!
Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2017 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been quite busy these past few weeks, and I've got pictures of multiple wheels to show off in the coming days. I will also be updating my original post to reflect the fact that I now have dark grey perforated leather available. Pictures to come.
BeachBumPete

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2017 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BeachBumPeteSend a Private Message to BeachBumPeteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BEAUTIFUL!! Well done man those wheels are gorgeous... Once I get another Fiero here you wil definitely be getting a call from me

Pete

------------------
"May the grins begin when you turn the key and hear the engine roar over your shoulder" ......Gall57 (slightly modified LOL)

Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2017 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, its been over a month and I still haven't found the time between teaching and classes to sit down and upload some pictures of my more current work. With my current workload with grad school I've had to dial things back with the steering wheels significantly. However, if you're in desperate need of recovery, feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll see if I can squeeze you into my schedule. Once April rolls around I will be back at it full force, and hoping to expand to non-Fiero wheels.
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2017 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice work!!
Red88fm

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2017 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88fmSend a Private Message to Red88fmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM
Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2017 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All PMs replied to!
PFF
System Bot
wgpierce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2017 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wgpierceSend a Private Message to wgpierceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In reading through the threads I can't seem to tell, but did you ever source charcoal grey leather? Just wondering if you have anything that's a close match to the original leather in 87 GT. Not that I don't like black, but with black it would seem a bit of a mismatch to the leather shift handle (mines an auto). My handle is in great shape and really doesn't need recovering.

[This message has been edited by wgpierce (edited 02-22-2017).]

Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2017 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm happy to announce that I now offer charcoal grey and perforated black leather for use on wheel recovery! This perforated leather is a perfect match for the "dots" material used by Mr. Mikes, allowing you to have a wheel that matches your seat inserts. The Charcoal is the original color used on 86-88 GT wheels for any car with the grey/charcoal interior scheme

Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2017 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for the first days of warm weather (at least here in NC)
JJFieroFan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2017 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JJFieroFanSend a Private Message to JJFieroFanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When you are ready to expand to non Fiero wheels let me know. I have one that is for a Nissan Juke. Same wheel as a 370z. Mine is vinyl. The leather one I got to replace it looks like pleather. I would love to get it recovered in dark grey or black with yellow stitching. Thanks!
First Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2017 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for First FieroSend a Private Message to First FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2017 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Alex, do you have any time for this amazing service you provide, soon? I have another wheel to send ya.
Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2017 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by viperine:

Hey Alex, do you have any time for this amazing service you provide, soon? I have another wheel to send ya.

As of last week I am back at it and ready to accept orders once again. PM sent.
LT4SS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2017 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT4SSSend a Private Message to LT4SSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
great looking work. PM sent.
viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2017 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumping this for Handymanpat.
LT4SS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2017 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT4SSSend a Private Message to LT4SSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Free bump. Got my steering wheel back today. 2-tone black and grey (Mike's leather), with red stitching. Nice job - matches my Mike's seats now. Thanks a bunch!
PFF
System Bot
Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2017 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its been a while since I've updated this thread, as I have been doing most of my business through the Fiero facebook page and word of mouth. However, I have been hard at work tinkering with a few new techniques and projects and I'm finally ready to show off what I've been up to. I'm happy to announce that I am now offering black alcantara as recovery material, as well as SUPER extra padding (3x normal padding). I am also experimenting with colored top markers and extra padding for the 4 spoke steering wheels. Below are some of my recent projects and customer wheels:

Alcantara wheel, extra padding, red top marker (for future top markers I plan on using a slightly narrower strip of red)

Black GT wheel with SUPER padding. Results in a very thick wheel with a modern performance feel.

4 spoke recovered in Indy leather with red stitching

Customer wheel recovered in Mr. Mikes silver and black leather with blue stitching.

Grand Prix shift knob recovered in charcoal leather

Customer wheel recovered with Mr. Mikes dark grey upper and black lower

gmctyphoon1992

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2017 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gmctyphoon1992Send a Private Message to gmctyphoon1992Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just received my steering wheel today and I will say that it is even nicer and better quality in person that it looks in the pictures. I am an extremely picking person where everything has to be perfect etc. lol but After receiving this steering wheel today spending the $200 was worth every penny. You will spend just as much if not more anywhere else to get the same quality that I have received today.

The plastic, the metal part, the rivots, the inner part of the steering wheel all look brand new. The stitching is even and straight. There is absolutely no flaws in this steering wheel.

Thank You Again Alex!

Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2017 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!
GMann20

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2017 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GMann20Send a Private Message to GMann20Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I send my trans-am style auto shift knob? Black Leather. Price with shipping 73162
Thanks
Gary
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2017 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM

Rich
Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2017 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!

I will be headed back to school in less than a month for my final year of grad school, which will likely limit my availability to keep doing these. If you were thinking about getting your wheel recovered, sending it out within the next two weeks will ensure the quickest turn around time.
Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2017 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time for an end-of-the-month update! I am still recovering wheels, albeit at a slower pace now that classes have resumed. I am happy and relieved to announce that I was able to source another hide of color-matched Indy leather, and should have enough to take care of all orders for the foreseeable future. Pictured below are an Indy wheel with extra padding, as well as a Fierostore reproduction wheel recovered in Indy grey.

Last but not least, a custom wheel and shift knob combination done in black leather with neon green stitching.

alex de jorge

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2017 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alex de jorgeSend a Private Message to alex de jorgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wanted to say that I got mine today and it looks and feel amazing. The quality of the work is second to none. I want to thank Irrationable for doing a great job. Money well spent!
oldsoandso

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2017 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for oldsoandsoSend a Private Message to oldsoandsoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I realize this isn`t your business but I need (1) splined hub and (2)plastic trim pieces and (2) of the plastic collars that fit right beneath the wheel. I don`t know if you extras or have a source for them, I`m changing over from 4 spoke wheels to gt wheels.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock