Never registered 1988 GT, RED. by Napafiero
Started on: 12-03-2016 09:25 PM
Replies: 60 (3073 views)
Last post by: jscott1 on 03-09-2017 10:44 PM
Napafiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2016 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NapafieroClick Here to visit Napafiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to NapafieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a good one my dad who was a Pontiac dealer at the time let my mom drive a 88 gt fiero as a demo she loved it and put @ 30k on it then he parked it in the barn. I pulled it out and am going to sell it. Anyone interested? Runs and looks great, basically garaged for 30+ years..... let me know I can take pictures located in Napa. Sell or trade for something fun.

[This message has been edited by Napafiero (edited 12-04-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2016 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ft Fieros are rare. Was this one assembled for the first 2 years, or still in the design stages?
Fiero Vice

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-04-2016 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's FT stand for? Auto or 5 speed? Yes, I'd be interested to see those pictures. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Fiero Vice (edited 12-04-2016).]

Napafiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2016 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NapafieroClick Here to visit Napafiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to NapafieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry spell check changed it to ft, it was supposed to be gt. My mistake.. 5speed
busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2016 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Napafiero:

Here's a good one my dad who was a Pontiac dealer at the time let my mom drive a 88 gt fiero as a demo she loved it and put @ 30k on it then he parked it in the barn. I pulled it out and am going to sell it. Anyone interested? Runs and looks great, basically garaged for 30+ years..... let me know I can take pictures located in Napa. Sell or trade for something fun.

loved it so much it went to live in a barn for 30 years?
1125rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2016 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1125riderSend a Private Message to 1125riderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
could you post up a pic or two, and post a price?
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2016 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This all sounds very irregular. First off Fieros cost anywhere from $13 -$15K when new. Then what would motivate someone to garage a new vehicle and let it sit for 10 years after driving it for only a short time?
If this is all true, then the car could have a seized engine, leaky seals and rotted rubber parts. You need to drain the gas tank, replace ALL fluids and then try to start it. Based on that result you can try to sell but when I see pictures I will believe this unlikely story

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 12-05-2016).]

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2016 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

This all sounds very irregular. First off Fieros didn't cost anywhere near $30K More like $13 -$15K when new. Then what would motivate someone to garage a new vehicle?
If this is all true, then the car will probably have a seized engine, leaky seals and rotted rubber parts. You need to drain the gas tank, replace ALL fluids and then try to start it. Based on that result you can try to sell but when I see pictures I will believe this unlikely story

I`m kinda wondering this myself.
Plus, how can a car have 30K miles, and have been in a barn for 30+ years when it`s not even 30 years old yet.
Napafiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2016 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NapafieroClick Here to visit Napafiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to NapafieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im sorry if I was unclear or exaggerated. So my mom drove it for about 3 years and put 30,000 miles on it then my Dad who was a pontiac dealer put it up on a two post lift and left it there till last year. We put gas back in it and started it up. It has not ever been registered. They drove it on dealer plates so technically you would be the first retail owner, HAHA. Hope that clears everything up? It's a 1988
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2016 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by David Hambleton (edited 12-05-2016).]

spaskewitz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2016 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spaskewitzSend a Private Message to spaskewitzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pics or it doesn't exist.
PFF
System Bot
Napafiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

jc8367

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2016 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jc8367Send a Private Message to jc8367Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The legend exists. Can you include the VIN?
Napafiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2016 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NapafieroClick Here to visit Napafiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to NapafieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
revson1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2016 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revson1Send a Private Message to revson1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sent you a PM
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2016 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My estimate is that this car can be worth $2.000- $4,000 depending on what model it is and because a vehicle that old will undoubtedly need work If you better define what you have, and put a price on it you may be able to see some action. Is it a four cylinder or a V6 ? If it is a four there is very little demand. If its a Formula then there is slightly more demand but its not great. Good luck on the sale.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2016 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would suggest posting some shots of the car on an hoist to show the condition underneath, and in the trunk corners with the carpet pulled back. I know there is no winter where you live but still.....

Maybe some interior shots showing the dash, corners, seats, center console,etc
Napafiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2016 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NapafieroClick Here to visit Napafiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to NapafieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ill try to get it up in the air in tomorrow.
alcazar88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2016 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alcazar88Send a Private Message to alcazar88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought a 88 Fiero get a couple years ago that was at a dealer still and still on MSO and they had some trouble getting a title since Pontiac doesn't actually exist. Have you looked into a title yet? In my case they eventually had to title it in the dealer name before transferring to me. And I would say you should get 10k plus if the rest of the pictures look like what you posted.
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2016 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
can you put the pics somewhere other than pinterest?
I don't want to sign up just to see pics.

robert1234

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2016 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for robert1234Send a Private Message to robert1234Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You got my interest..... Give us more pics. I may want it.
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2016 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The picture looks like the car is a 4 cylinder (Duke) notchback. With the 5 speed stick they fill the need for a nice driving economy car that gets great mileage (near or at 40 hwy mpg). For the collector/enthusiast I would say that the market is probably small but you never know..

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 12-07-2016).]

JohnSmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2016 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnSmithSend a Private Message to JohnSmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I, too, am interested. Can you try selling a car like every other normal person ever?

"Hey guys, I have a 1994 Camaro for sale. It is equipped like this, it has these options, it's in this condition, it has these problems, here are a whole bunch of pictures, I'm located in this place, and I want this much for the car. Here's my contact info. Thanks!"

So, that being said...

Is it an 88GT 5-speed?
Color combos?
What top?
Pics? Because the Pinterest ones aren't working.
Where are you?
How much?
Overall condition/problems?
How do I get ahold of you?
JohnSmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2016 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnSmithSend a Private Message to JohnSmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JohnSmith

32 posts
Member since Jul 2012

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

The picture looks like the car is a 4 cylinder (Duke) notchback. With the 5 speed stick they fill the need for a nice driving economy car that gets great mileage (near or at 40 hwy mpg). For the collector/enthusiast I would say that the market is probably small but you never know..

VIN puts it as an 88GT.
Napafiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2016 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NapafieroClick Here to visit Napafiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to NapafieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John Smith, lets not get rude. I posted pictures which most people can see. It's an 88 all red (fire red), GT 5speed, V6, no wing, with sunroof. There is a picture of the window sticker, shipping label, and dealer invoice included with the pictures(so more info than the average post). Im sorry if you can't see them if you have a recommendation of a different way I can post pictures I am happy to do it, I just did what I saw someone else do here on the forum. The car is in Napa for anyone to see or drive.
alcazar88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2016 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alcazar88Send a Private Message to alcazar88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't sign up for Pinterest, but I can see the pictures which show the car clearly, show every option ordered, and are pretty clear. Although for me to do that, I Highlighted and saved the small Pinterest picture as an image on my iPad, then looked at the image which you can expand as needed. It looks like a great car with the options many would want, right colors, leather interior, 5 speed, low miles. It would be nice to see a picture of the trunk corners or engine bay knowing it has sat for many years, to make sure there is no rust, but it's in CA so maybe they don't get rust? If I didn't have 2 that looked just like it I would be interested and reaching out.
ITR SOL

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-09-2016 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ITR SOLSend a Private Message to ITR SOLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What are you hoping to get for it?
Napafiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2016 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NapafieroClick Here to visit Napafiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to NapafieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know what's it's worth, id like it to go to a good home, it really is in great shape.. so what do you guys think it's worth?
ITR SOL

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-09-2016 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ITR SOLSend a Private Message to ITR SOLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Napafiero:

I don't know what's it's worth, id like it to go to a good home, it really is in great shape.. so what do you guys think it's worth?

In all honesty, I wouldn't ask here. Fiero owners are cheap. They want to find a car like yours for $1000, then come here and brag about how they stole it. If I were you I would check eBay, and see what similar cars are going for. That said, don't check the buy it now prices, because most of those people are out of touch. Look at the auctions that actually have bids and see how you think yours compares to theirs. Remember at the end of the day it IS an almost 30 year old car that hasn't been used enough to be properly reliable. I wouldn't take under $5k for it. Good luck.
LaFierte

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2016 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LaFierteSend a Private Message to LaFierteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NADA has the 1988 Fiero GT with a/c and sunroof rated at a little over $8000. Hagerty has it listed at $9,200 for concours condition (museum quality).

This may be a good starting area. I can't get the pictures to work for myself; but, if it has things like adjustable lumbar, fully push button radio, performance sound, original dealer documents and manuals.... and with the fact no one has owned it, it may be worth more.

ITR is right though. I was always told to make a deal where both parties were happy. Asking for a price on here usually ends in the seller not being happy. Do some research, contact Hagerty, etc. and get some quotes... factor in the stuff listed above and set a price (maybe slightly on the higher range but not ripping someone off) and be open to counter offers. I would also say to place ads elsewhere as well since sometimes people forget that the owner has the right to set his own price since he owns the property... and that the price reflects how much it will take for him to let it go.

Good luck with the sale and I too hope it will go to someone that will love it and care for it.

[This message has been edited by LaFierte (edited 12-10-2016).]

liv4God

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2016 03:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I recommend posting on eBay and Craigslist to get more publicity. Around 8-10k would probably be a good listing price, but be willing to take offers.
I'm in Calistoga, I already have 3 Fieros to watch over, but I would love to come see it just to see what a like new Fiero is like
PFF
System Bot
carguy8t8

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2016 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carguy8t8Send a Private Message to carguy8t8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the manufacturer (Pontiac) and the dealership no longer exists then there is no way to generate a title. If this car can't be titled then the value will be greatly diminished. Are you looking for offers?
busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2016 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carguy8t8:

If the manufacturer (Pontiac) and the dealership no longer exists then there is no way to generate a title. If this car can't be titled then the value will be greatly diminished. Are you looking for offers?

This is true, no company, no title.

You can't register or insure a car without a title.

Nice to look at, but not to own
Napafiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2016 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NapafieroClick Here to visit Napafiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to NapafieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im still a dealer, have mso, just need to process the paperwork with DMV to first owner.
JohnSmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2016 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnSmithSend a Private Message to JohnSmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you considered getting the title yourself, then trying to sell it? It's a lot easier to sell a car with a title than without.
Napafiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2016 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NapafieroClick Here to visit Napafiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to NapafieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, that would mean I would have to do paperwork twice Anyone who buys it has the registration transferred when they leave.
jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2016 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately that won't work for any of us Canadians or any yanks in any other states for that
Matter! First time registration would have to be done in CA as I assume that's your only dealer license? That means double tax and I'm fairly
Certain you need a CA address to first time register it??
Napafiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2016 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NapafieroClick Here to visit Napafiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to NapafieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can register it to anyone anywhere, DMV will mail the title to you. If you live in CA you pay sales tax if you live out of State we transport it over the boarder for your delivery no exceptions, we have trailer. Im bonded and the dealer has been around since 1947. I think we are good.
Bill
jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2016 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok drive it to Ontario Canada for 8k all in!
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2016 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully these work. Look to be a 5-Speed w/ Sunroof. No rear spoiler which is odd.
I really wanna formula but might entertain this if the price is right; ping me an email @joe.a.guerra@gmail.com w/ a price that you have in mind.

Cheers,

[This message has been edited by RandomTask (edited 12-21-2016).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay