1987 GT - $7k Winter Pricing by Banshee
Started on: 02-01-2015 10:31 PM
Replies: 32 (1335 views)
Last post by: mental floss on 02-22-2015 07:11 PM
Banshee

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BansheeClick Here to visit Banshee's HomePageSend a Private Message to BansheeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Drama Queens that just need to mind their own business. Its a FOR SALE section not MY OPINION section

[This message has been edited by Banshee (edited 02-12-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
typhoon

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2015 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for typhoonSend a Private Message to typhoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$3250
Banshee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2015 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BansheeClick Here to visit Banshee's HomePageSend a Private Message to BansheeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not taking joke offers PLEASE
Not selling parts
EvilSqueezles

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2015 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EvilSqueezlesSend a Private Message to EvilSqueezlesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For an 87 the price you are asking is rather high. Not saying that it's not worth it. But you should include some engine bay and interior pictures along with the ones you have. And also if you have the receipts for said work done to it I'd make mention of those as well. 88s with 3800 SC 2s are barely going for what you're asking even done up nicely.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2015 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree. I see what looks like 2 Fieros. A black one with the side scoops & quarter panel (with the hood of another one in the background). Then there are pics of what may be the same Fiero with varying wheels and occasional emblems. What I don't see is, as mentioned, interior, engine, underbody, and front compartment pics.

That price above was likely a realistic one. Don't get me wrong, the car looks nice. Does it or does it not have 200,000+ miles? Depending on who the previous owner was and who did the work, $10,000 may not have gone far. That could be the engine and a paint job, or the engine and basic maintenance. As stated above, receipts will help value.

Good luck with the sale.
busa_powered

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2015 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes post some engine and interior pictures etc

I see a nice exterior but I don't see your asking price yet
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2015 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is a price in the thread title.
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2015 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice car, but it could really use some hood scoops and fender scoops. You know the scoop

Good luck with the sale
cshults

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2015 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cshultsSend a Private Message to cshultsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another unmotivated seller. It looks to be a nice car, but FAR from a $7K price tag. Mileage not stated. No engine bay, interior, or front compartment pictures. No mention of any documentation.

For reference, an ALL ORIGINAL, mint condition, 5 speed, 87 GT with 50k miles sold recently for $5200 and another ALL ORIGINAL, mint condition, hard top 5 speed 87 GT with 54k miles didn't even sniff $4k on EBAY! Both California cars.. The former would be sitting in my garage except I was a day late to the dance. With that said, I don't see anywhere near $7k for your 200,000? mile car, sorry.

I love Fieros just as much as the next guy on this site, but let's be real folks, $7k can get you a REALLY nice corvette or camaro of the same era and I'm sorry, Fiero's won't ever be in the same class as those cars as much as some would like them to be.

I'm tired of seeing really high asking prices for these cars and then having the sellers stupified when they don't get any offers. Just because a couple of ultra low mile time capsule Fieros sold at auction for relatively big bucks doesn't mean the market will bear these types of asking prices for a fiero in good condition with glossy paint.

[This message has been edited by cshults (edited 02-13-2015).]

LaFierte

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LaFierteSend a Private Message to LaFierteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guys... It's his property. He can do what he wants with it. Which means he can sell it for $7000 if he wants. If you don't like the price either counter offer or move on... He shouldn't be left to feel like he is getting beat up over it. If it's worth $7000 to him, that's what it's worth to him. Youd have to offer me a lot more than that to get me to sell mine, because it is worth that much to me even if other people don't think so.

Banshee, hopefully you repost your ad, maybe with more detail on the interesting stuff done to it (which looks like there may have been quiet a bit before you removed it).... And best wishes on getting an amount for it that you'll be happy with.
WickedFieroGTP

Feedback score:    (44)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WickedFieroGTPSend a Private Message to WickedFieroGTPEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LaFierte:

Guys... It's his property. He can do what he wants with it. Which means he can sell it for $7000 if he wants. If you don't like the price either counter offer or move on... He shouldn't be left to feel like he is getting beat up over it. If it's worth $7000 to him, that's what it's worth to him. Youd have to offer me a lot more than that to get me to sell mine, because it is worth that much to me even if other people don't think so.

Banshee, hopefully you repost your ad, maybe with more detail on the interesting stuff done to it (which looks like there may have been quiet a bit before you removed it).... And best wishes on getting an amount for it that you'll be happy with.

+1
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Banshee:
Drama Queens that just need to mind their own business. Its a FOR SALE section not MY OPINION section.

He can ASK what he likes for the car. That doesn't mean he'll get it. I wouldn't sell mine for that, either, but mine is worth more than this car, and isn't for sale.

An offer was made, it looked like. Banshee ridiculed it, then made the remark above. With said remarks, I lost all interest in the car, because I don't want to deal with the seller. Helpful comments had been posted to assist the seller with getting the highest price. Not even a thank you from the seller. Requests were made...and ignored. The implication that the seller's attitude/actions imply is that either the seller is trying to rip someone off, or there is something to hide. As far as minding our own business, perhaps he wanted his thread ignored? There are 2 similar cars for sale in the mall that didn't attract a lot of posts, mainly because the only posts needed were offers and sold. A few compliments did get posted.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post02-13-2015 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LaFierte:

Guys... It's his property. He can do what he wants with it. ....

Or, the common denominator can grow a pair. Enough of one person getting pissy, and the rest of us need to fall in line.
cshults

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cshultsSend a Private Message to cshultsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

He can ASK what he likes for the car. That doesn't mean he'll get it. I wouldn't sell mine for that, either, but mine is worth more than this car, and isn't for sale.

An offer was made, it looked like. Banshee ridiculed it, then made the remark above. With said remarks, I lost all interest in the car, because I don't want to deal with the seller. Helpful comments had been posted to assist the seller with getting the highest price. Not even a thank you from the seller. Requests were made...and ignored. The implication that the seller's attitude/actions imply is that either the seller is trying to rip someone off, or there is something to hide. As far as minding our own business, perhaps he wanted his thread ignored? There are 2 similar cars for sale in the mall that didn't attract a lot of posts, mainly because the only posts needed were offers and sold. A few compliments did get posted.

It would take a lot more money to get me to sell one of my toys as well..One in particular I bought when I was 16, it's in great shape, only driven on nice days, runs well, gets lots of compliments, and I have a lot of good memories from time spent in the back seat But guess what? My sentimental value of the car, unfortunately, doesn't impact the market value of the car - and it's not for sale.

The sellers actions/attitude implies he's thin skinned and can't take some constructive feedback. No one attacked him. As tshark said, helpful comments and relevant insights were given, some of which may have been hard to hear, but that's all.
Banshee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BansheeClick Here to visit Banshee's HomePageSend a Private Message to BansheeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is forums need to have RULES! They even do that on Facebook. This is a STRONG point in most selling venues. You know I had a compass for a 60's vehicle that I had out there for sale for $500 and got lowball morons that are just trying to yank your chain. Oh that is worth that and Youll never get that!!! Well I got my $500 because I do my research.

Most selling venue's forbid comments and peoples opinions in anyway shape or form like the ones here. I am not thin skinned I have been on ebay since its conception and sell on Craiglist all the time. I am tired of people injecting their opinions because that is all that it is! I found two Fieros locally and one was $4 grand and another $5 grand and I looked at them and sorry they are no way even close to the quality of this. If you want to start with a $2000 Fiero and think you can build it this nice and stay under 7 grand then go for it. The previous seller paid $10 grand over 4 year restoring this.

The fact is I put a price I was asking and didn't ask for offers. I am not sure about the whole country but Fieros are fairly rare around here. Yes I have all the fracken paperwork and the 200,000 miles isn't truly known (I believe a new dash system was put in) but inside and out this looks like a 5 year old car. All the parts you see that I added (or to be installed) didn't cost me $5 each to buy.
YOU CAN BUY A CAMARO OR CORVETTE?????????????????????? Im sorry I this was a FIERO forum and CHEVY are crap. Camaro - very ******* has one! Corvett
es are for prissys!

THE FIRST OFFER WAS A JOKE AND ANYONE THAT HAS PLAYED WITH ANY CARS ON HERE KNOWS THAT!

[This message has been edited by Banshee (edited 02-13-2015).]

cshults

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cshultsSend a Private Message to cshultsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is forums need to have RULES! They even do that on Facebook. This is a STRONG point in most selling venues. You know I had a compass for a 60's vehicle that I had out there for sale for $500 and got lowball morons that are just trying to yank your chain. Oh that is worth that and Youll never get that!!! Well I got my $500 because I do my research.

Most selling venue's forbid comments and peoples opinions in anyway shape or form like the ones here. I am not thin skinned I have been on ebay since its conception and sell on Craiglist all the time. I am tired of people injecting their opinions because that is all that it is! I found two Fieros locally and one was $4 grand and another $5 grand and I looked at them and sorry they are no way even close to the quality of this. If you want to start with a $2000 Fiero and think you can build it this nice and stay under 7 grand then go for it. The previous seller paid $10 grand over 4 year restoring this.

The fact is I put a price I was asking and didn't ask for offers. I am not sure about the whole country but Fieros are fairly rare around here. Yes I have all the fracken paperwork and the 200,000 miles isn't truly known (I believe a new dash system was put in) but inside and out this looks like a 5 year old car. All the parts you see that I added (or to be installed) didn't cost me $5 each to buy.
YOU CAN BUY A CAMARO OR CORVETTE?????????????????????? Im sorry I this was a FIERO forum and CHEVY are crap. Camaro - very ******* has one! Corvett
es are for prissys!

THE FIRST OFFER WAS A JOKE AND ANYONE THAT HAS PLAYED WITH ANY CARS ON HERE KNOWS THAT!

Wow, you need to calm the bleep down...

This is a FORUM that happens to have a section you can list your car for sale. Maybe you need help with the definition of what a forum is though: a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular item or issue can be exchanged.

We are NOT on ebay, craigslist, or autotrader where there is no FORUM.

That said, no one said your car was worth $2k..yes, that would be insulting - your car appears to be really nice. $3250 the way you had it described - a bit low, but not too far out of the realm of possibility. Do the things that were mentioned to you in the above comments (additional pictures, list of things that were done to restore the car, etc...) and if all held true I could see your car selling in the $4500-$5500 arena..I don't think that's insulting, in fact I'd say that would be a premium price. Anyone that has played with cars knows you don't get back what you put in..so just because the PREVIOUS owner sunk some money into it, doesn't mean it's worth near what was put in (especially since we don't even know what was done!) As far as the "extras" go..that's what they are, extra's, value adds..if you want real money for them, sell them separately. Most people probably wouldn't even care about the side scoops, sail panels, or indy scoop..I know I wouldn't even want them.

As far as "Chevy's are crap" - Wow! What an ignorant comment... Your thoughts on Camaro's and Corvette's, another wow! No matter if you like the cars or not, those two cars have more of a highly regarded reputation, legacy, and place in automotive history than the Fiero ever has or will have..period, point blank. Anyone who says otherwise is fooling themselves. Personally - I've always been a fan of the black sheep/underdog, which is what the Fiero is in the car world, but that's why I like them, they're different and not common. BUT, rarity does not necessarily equal high dollar value. I have a Beretta GTZ in awesome condition and it's probably pretty safe to say there are fewer nice GTZs on the road today than Fiero's, but guess what, it's not worth squat despite how "rare" it is.

As for rules, maybe one of them should be proper English..it was pretty hard to understand what you were trying to say at points during your rant..

Oh, here's some research for you...

Gorgeous one-owner 1986 GT, SOLD for $3099!:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pon...41&pt=US_Cars _Trucks

Nice 1988 GT, SOLD for $3250!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pon...61&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

1988 GT with 25k miles! (Sold for only $500 more than your asking price)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pon...77&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

1987 GT winning bid $2000!:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pon...39&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

1988 GT: Didn't Sell, high bid $5100!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pon...92&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Another 1988 GT: Didn't Sell, high bid $4050!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pon...82&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Mint 1987 GT: High Bid - $3550!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pon...96&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

[This message has been edited by cshults (edited 02-14-2015).]

TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1st off...I genuinely wish you the best with your sale....the car has a lot of potential

CARS, WHAT THEY ARE WORTH, WHAT OTHERS THINK THEY ARE WORTH & THE REALITY.

Everyone has an opinion on that matter....EVERYONE!

But the reality is that it is all driven by two things.

1. What the person selling the car is willing to part with it for $. (Many reasons we all will take a lose on something and all have)
2. What an individual is willing to pay for it.

Many factors can effect this & change during the sales cycle.

I will give two personal examples.

The 1st is very relevant. I just purchased a modified 86 GT this week off of this forum (picking up tomorrow) for $4500.00.
This car is in the top 3% of modified Fieros period and this was the best purchase I have ever made period.
The car has more than $35,000.00 invested in it and it is in about perfect condition, but the seller inherited the car from his father and really has no real interest...so after sitting for a year in the garage, he posted an add here for $5000 OBO...I jumped on it and was lucky enough to be the 1st in line...sorry Stephen & NOSRAC!

Another example is a car that I wanted to purchase from a member about 2 months ago....he knows who he is . I only was willing to pay "X" amount for the car, but he felt the car was worth "X" and wanted "X"...not saying the car wasn't worth what he wanted, but I wasn't willing to spend it. Now 2 months pass and the car still has not sold...so the owner is thinking...I am willing to take less just to get it out of here and on to my next FUN project.
Well just recently he has PM'd me recently and asked if I was still interested in the car at my asking price...and I am, but can't for now until I finish up a few of my other projects and made a promise to the community that I won't purchase any more Fieros for the next 6 months.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 02-13-2015).]

LaFierte

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LaFierteSend a Private Message to LaFierteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are at least partially right Banshee..... Section 2? Of the rules for the mall..... https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/037614.html
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post02-14-2015 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Eh, I hope you buy a Corvette. They are for "prissy's". Right?

Thanks for posting the link to the forum rules. It is obvious that I ignored Mall rules. Mall rule #2, section 1004.921/AaAbIAmUnconcernedAboutIt was clearly violated, and I should suffer the full penalty of the law, and happily agree to any and all punishment here within the confines of the internets.

Bonjour'!
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2015 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some of the above comments would be considered interest, good advise, etc. Other posts were constructive criticism. Either way, it's better than making a thread and no one replying.

I'm curious where Fieros aren't rare. There seem to be lots of members here from WI, IL, CA, AL, GA, TX, KS, NY. I see Fieros for sale in MO, but rarely see a Fiero in MO. MS, KY seem to have some members.

Is it just me, or do Fieros gain value in the Spring, and lose value in the Winter?
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2015 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The butt hurt is strong with this one.... You've been into fieros for 2 years.. most of us have been into them for a long time. Your research is for a 27 year old car that;s fame does not go past this forum. $7000 can get you into a low miles well kept 88. I don't care how rare it it.. $800 can get me a $3500 fiero shipped to me from just about any state I want. don't go crying when someone trys to give you advice.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 02-15-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2015 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In all fairness, don't go off a person's tenure on here. I was into Fieros for several years before I joined this forum. I wouldn't jave joined then, except that was the only way to contact a particular person.
typhoon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for typhoonSend a Private Message to typhoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not taking joke offers PLEASE
Not selling parts

No joke here. Dead serious.
86Fieroman

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2015 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86FieromanSend a Private Message to 86FieromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://appleton.craigslist.org/cto/4848953932.html

Here is what is almost definitely this car on local craigslist. Technically you can see it may be worth $7000 in parts, but again, it may not sell for that much. That aside, you can definitely tell he has a lot of money into it and it does look extremely nice, along with the many parts he is including with the sale.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2015 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup, same car. Nice car.

The sad reality is that, no matter how much we put into our Fieros, the value does not increase proportionately.

Still no interior or engine pics.
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2015 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

The sad reality is that, no matter how much we put into our Fieros, the value does not increase proportionately.

No big surprise to me. I've seen people complain, yet every time someone posts "i wanna V8 fiero for $5000" or "i wanna T-top kit for $350" there's always someone who's willing to sell them one. I've been here since 2001 and have seen nothing but prices going down. You start putting money in a fiero, you're just throwing your money away ... just write it off as the cost of a hobby.

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 02-20-2015).]

Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2015 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would think that there would be a tipping point coming with so many Fieros being scrapped or taken off the road. Look at the value of old pickup trucks now that were once only worth scrap value. I for one hope he gets his asking price as it would only help the value of my cars.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2015 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hell, I can't even get an offer for my GT. It seems that Fiero buyers are only interested in projects, not finished products. Like someone said, at best it's a hobby. Definitely not an investment.
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2015 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I picked up a really nice SC3800 GT fastback last year that didn't run. didn't take much to fix so at that point it could have been an investment I could have made money on. But in true hobby fashion I'm doing some painting and upgrades and it will soon be worth what I have into it (or less). But I don't care, I don't hunt or fish. I spend less on the car than a lot of people I know do for sport. Not knocking them for hunting or fishing, that's what they want to do so they should do it. they don't judge me for playing with a car at my age.

having said that it is nice when the seller gets a good price for their fiero. makes all of us feel better I think.
cshults

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2015 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cshultsSend a Private Message to cshultsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guys, it's really simple, the $7000 price tag just isn't where the market is for a car of this ilk...and if one more person says anything close to "market schmarket, the value is driven by what someone is willing part with the car for, it's his car", I'm gonna lose my mind. Sure, it looks like a nice car in great condition and someone at some point might come along and be willing to pay $7000 for it, but 95% of people in the market for a Fiero wouldn't.

Everything has a market and prices are driven by said market. When sales of cars in similar condition and mileage are trending in the area of ~$3000-$5000 you're going to be hard pressed to get $2000 more than the highest trending prices. Sure, some Fiero's go for this price or more, I've seen quite a few very low mileage (under 50k) cars go for $7000+ and some ultra low mileage cars (under 20k) go for $10k+. Most are 88's or Ttop cars in very nice, all original condition (this matters a lot) - what happens is people see one of these said Fiero's, see the sale price, and think their Fiero (which is probably not an 88 or ttop or low mileage or in original condition) in nice condition will sell for that much or near that much too - and so they try...and try...and try and inevitably their cars, sit...and sit...and sit - and that's FINE, if the seller doesn't need to sell it and is in no rush and wants to try and buck the market - you never know, that one person that might pay a lot more than market value might come along. Some really nice 86 and 87, even some 88 Fiero's have been sitting on autotrader and re-appearing on ebay for months and even years in this ~$7000 price range. Sellers try to sometimes justify this kind of a price because they've dumped money into it, or it comes with spare parts, a car cover, expensive rims, new tires, battery,etc etc etc...as someone said in a previous post, this by and large doesn't much matter. Cars this age inevitably need money dumped into them to keep them running and road worthy and that might mean an engine rebuild, new/rebuilt tranny, suspension components, etc..these things don't impact the market value of a car greatly..they might help you get a bit more money if you have all the documentation lined up and ready to go, but don't expect thousands of dollars more..

The bottom line is, if you need to unload the car (for whatever reason) price it where the market is and it will sell quickly.

[This message has been edited by cshults (edited 02-20-2015).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2015 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is a Fiero on ebay right now for $14,500. No buyer yet. Very similar to my '88 GT except it is a manual with a tan interior, leather seats, has manual mirrors, and 22,xxx fewer miles. Mine has less rust, the body/paint are similar, and mine has an LED conversion of the lights. I have about the asking price of that one into mine, but still the original engine & tranny. All my sensors, gaskets, relays, hoses, plugs/wires, vacuum lines, etc are new. I have replaced the shocks, bushings, end links, etc. The rack is rebuilt.

Will the Fiero on ebay get the asking price? Possibly. Would mine get half of that price? I doubt it.

Edit: The one on ebay sold for $11,500. Awesome!

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 02-21-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
ICouldaBeenAV8
From: Chatsworth, California; Clearwater, Florida, and Milwaukee, Wisc.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICouldaBeenAV8Send a Private Message to ICouldaBeenAV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The MARKET, she be a hard mistress.
mental floss

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-22-2015 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

Hell, I can't even get an offer for my GT. It seems that Fiero buyers are only interested in projects, not finished products. Like someone said, at best it's a hobby. Definitely not an investment.

When the difference of what it's worth to buyer and the seller's asking price are too far apart, people usually don't waste anyone's time making the offer. My value is $2500-2800 for a red automatic non-1988 Fiero. Prefer 5 spd, no sunroof and no T-tops.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock