MERA for sale on E-Bay...not mine by TXOPIE
Started on: 01-28-2015 09:52 AM
Replies: 6 (584 views)
Last post by: hnthomps on 02-01-2015 05:34 PM
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2015 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pon...61&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

He claims this to be a MERA...missing a few things...like has stock side mirrors and a hole in the front fender with the Antenna sticking through...opinions...is it a real MERA?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
LostNotForgotton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2015 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LostNotForgottonClick Here to visit LostNotForgotton's HomePageSend a Private Message to LostNotForgottonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It does look like one to me. MERA's usually have a font bumper without the parking lights in it where as normal 308 kits use a more 308 looking front bumper. MERA's also have Ford backup lights next to the license plate where as 308 kits could have them there but also could have the backup lights in the amber turn signal lens like the real 308. MERA's also have solid amber rear turn signals. This car has definitely been customized but I would say that it probably is a MERA. MERA's should have a sticker on the back deck lid with a serial number. I've got an 88 MERA and I believe the number is 8313. My antenna also comes out of a hole on the front quarter panel. I'm surprised this one has the T-Top option. Mine has it too and I've never seen another one with it. Here are a few pics of mine. It has custom rims on it but I still have the factory Chromodora rims sitting in the garage.

The only thing I changed (other than the rims) was the interior but this was the stock interior

With the mods to that MERA on ebay it looks like it could be a really fun car. If your looking for a stock MERA as more of a collectable car then this might not be the one. I would say that MERA's usually sell for about $8,000-$14,000 so this one with the N* seems to be priced fair based on the upgraded engine but I wouldn't say that it's the deal of a century. The rare MERA t-top option and the fact that someone put a N* in it would be the top selling points of this car in my opinion. Smoked tail lights could draw attention from police as they are illegal in many states like PA and DE where I live.

------------------
87 Fiero GT 3.4 Pushrod with 7730 ECM and DIS
88 MERA #8313
85 Fiero SE with 3.1 pushrod
86 Fiero SE 2.8 stock
http://www.youtube.com/LostNotForgotton

Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2015 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is a real Mera. I have it on my VIN list from Corporate Concepts. He called me to verify the VIN a few days ago.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2015 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rodney:

It is a real Mera. I have it on my VIN list from Corporate Concepts. He called me to verify the VIN a few days ago.

Thanks for the definitive answer Rodney!
LostNotForgotton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2015 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LostNotForgottonClick Here to visit LostNotForgotton's HomePageSend a Private Message to LostNotForgottonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[u][/u]

Originally posted by Rodney:

So you have a list of all MERA VIN numbers or just those who register them with you? Does your VIN list give you any details about the cars?

------------------
87 Fiero GT 3.4 Pushrod with 7730 ECM and DIS
88 MERA #8313
85 Fiero SE with 3.1 pushrod
86 Fiero SE 2.8 stock
http://www.youtube.com/LostNotForgotton

Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2015 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bob Bracey sent me a VIN list many many years ago. It was from those that returned the Mera warranty cards when they bought their Mera from a GM dealer. Some did and some did not fearing Ferrari might track them down. I have maybe 60% of the Mera VIN's.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I spent a while talking with the current owner of this vehicle earlier today and have exchanged e-mails with him recently via eBay. This is a genuine MERA (as confirmed by Rodney) but it has been modified to a sort of F308 configuration. The mirrors are now manual (not the initial Vitaloni powered ones), the interior has a F308 appearance (May be PISA), and he had a mechanic install/rework the N* engine with new mounts and solid cradle bushings. None of the original MERA letters, deck lid letters (MERA), and build label are available. I also understand that he is the fifth owner and that the car is in the Orlando area.

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 02-01-2015).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock