Car with interesting interior... not mine by Mr. Dude
Started on: 09-21-2014 10:44 PM
Replies: 6 (555 views)
Last post by: Mr. Dude on 09-22-2014 10:47 AM
Mr. Dude

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2014 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr. DudeClick Here to visit Mr. Dude's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr. DudeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is not my car... but I noticed something very interesting about it. I almost dismissed this completely when I saw the $5000 price tag with no title. Until I saw the interior picture. Looks like this car has a prototype 1990 dash. I've never seen this in a 1988 GT before. Could this actually be legit or just someones fabrication work?

1988 Fiero GT - barn find
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2014 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks a lot like the 1990 prototype interior
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I knew of only one person who did that gauge cluster mod in a fiero (other than gm) he was on the forum but I don't remember who...I had emailed him regarding the project to join in (few years ago I think).
An 88 gt with 17k miles for $5k is a pretty fair price as long as the entire car reflects those miles. (Obviously do a full service before driving regularly :-) )
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i would love to get a mold of that cluster surround
chrissin712

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrissin712Send a Private Message to chrissin712Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mmeyer86gt/gtp:

i would love to get a mold of that cluster surround

Regular driving with no title?
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chrissin712:

Regular driving with no title?

Yup, here in MI, you don't need the paper title to drive. The state has the official record and all you need is the registration. Now... it isn't hard to get a new title, so it doesn't make sense to sell a car for this much and not have the title in hand. Price drops (in my mind) as you don't know if the person who posses the car really owns the car
Mr. Dude

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr. DudeClick Here to visit Mr. Dude's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr. DudeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gtxbullet:

I knew of only one person who did that gauge cluster mod in a fiero (other than gm) he was on the forum but I don't remember who...I had emailed him regarding the project to join in (few years ago I think).
An 88 gt with 17k miles for $5k is a pretty fair price as long as the entire car reflects those miles. (Obviously do a full service before driving regularly :-) )

Yeah, this was the only other guy I saw who created his own version of the 1990 prototype cluster.... LINK HERE

Makes me wonder if this car somehow has an actual part from GM in it or maybe it's another person making a replica.

[This message has been edited by Mr. Dude (edited 09-22-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock