Started on: 01-17-2014 04:57 PM
Replies: 48 (2797 views)
Last post by: NetCam on 10-12-2014 05:36 PM
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2014 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just ordered a pair of the Door panels. I got pretty lucky actually for once! I bought a pair of speakers on Woot! quite a few years ago, and wanted to work them into my last car, that I then totaled. After reading this thread, I just took them out of the closet, and they are 6.5" speakers.... So far so good. I took one out and measured, they are just a couple 16th's shy of 2" deep. Again good! Then I started looking at them closely.... the speaker covers match the Scion rims I put on my car a few years ago LOL!

Anyhow, I plan to take these to an Upholstery shop when I get them, and have them done in black on the top, and electric blue vinyl on the bottom to match my Mr. Mike's seats. I will post pictures for sure when they are done. It's surprising, some people have had the speaker pod door panels since January & February, and not one single photo has been posted of them with vinyl, leather, carpet ect on them.

Here is a photo of the speakers I have, in case anyone else is looking for an alternative speaker that will fit the door panels. They have a tweeter in the center. They are also marine certified, so I actually could have had these in my car when I took it to Maaco, and they would have been Ok!

You can find them for $57 on Amazon, and they ship second day free if you have Prime.

IP: Logged
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2014 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just installed speakers in one of the panels, and installed it on my door. I did a mini-review of the panels you can read here.
NetCam

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2014 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had just installed the passenger side panel on my car a couple of weeks ago, it fit great and looked really nice. Unfortunately it was destroyed in a car fire the next day. I would recommend them for somebody wanting to upgrade their sound system. My carpet on the doors was starting to look a bit ratty so these really cleaned things up.

davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2014 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man that sucks! Was the car a total loss? That was a nice car.
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2014 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately the car is a total loss. By the time the fire department got there it was completely engulfed. Nothing left from the windshield back. Sure wish they could have got there in time to save the interior.
davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2014 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear that. Do you plan on jumping on the Fiero saddle again?
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2014 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I'm going to take a break seeing as it was about time to put it away for the winter anyway. Will think about it in the spring and see if I have the energy to tackle another project. I spent about 3 years on this one and was almost done.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2014 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow... I am so sorry to hear about you Fiero. Do you know the cause of the fire?
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2014 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still waiting to hear from the insurance company. Based of what is left of the car, I'm thinking figuring out the cause may be difficult.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock