DARN Cars by FIEROFLYER
Started on: 01-31-2013 12:19 PM
Replies: 204 (11621 views)
Last post by: FIEROFLYER on 04-29-2015 08:06 PM
fieroaddicted

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2013 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroaddictedSend a Private Message to fieroaddictedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

$150 for the two tranny mount brackets and $80 for the matching engine mount bracket. All made out of 1/4 inch plate steel. Dan

Sweet thanks Dan. I'm going to see about a f23 on monday. I'm pretty sure i can pick one up here for about $100. Once i get it, i'll PM you.
troy
IP: Logged
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2013 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good. Dan
88Formula3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2013 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88Formula3800Send a Private Message to 88Formula3800Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 98 style low mount alternator bracket arrived today! I installed it right away, and let me say I am quite impressed with the craftsmanship. I am a union sheet metal worker by trade, and work with metal on a daily basis. The mount came painted, and included hardware! It's bolts right in place and is rock solid, well worth the price to save yourself the hassle of making one! Thanks again Dan for the great product, I will be recommending you too anyone who asks for swap parts, or any Fiero needs! As promised, here are some pictures of the bracket bolted to my E85 fueled, built L67 powered Formula.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2013 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for posting the photos and glad you like it, I try my best to keep things simple but strong enough to work and last. Dan
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2013 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still up and running and things going quite smoothly, most cases harnesses are down to one week or less turn around and full kits around two weeks turn around. Dan
bcampbell

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bcampbellSend a Private Message to bcampbellEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any progress on F23 shifter cable brackets?
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still trying to get my hands on a Fiero 5 speed shifter to work with. Seems to be almost impossible to find one intact any more. Dan
Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Humm... Would it help if I sent you mine and you can send it back with the completed kit? Or do you need one permanently?
bcampbell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bcampbellSend a Private Message to bcampbellEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I recall seeing threads here where people used the 4-speed shifter with the reverse lockout removed as a 5-speed shifter. It might be worth a try to develop a cable bracket for people swapping from 4-speeds.
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 4 speed shifter can be used for a 5 speed if you remove the reverse crap and make the shifter lever 1/2 inch longer. This is fine for making a kit that stays together but if I am off the least bit lengthening the 4 speed select lever the kit will not work with stock 5 speed shifters.
Kind of a catch 22 on that one.
Not long ago they were easy to find but getting harder all the time to come by Fiero parts. Dan
bcampbell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bcampbellSend a Private Message to bcampbellEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I can get a 5-speed shifter locally; would you offer a discount if I shipped one to you? I'm in Canada so shipping should be cheaper.
PFF
System Bot
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROFLYER:

The 4 speed shifter can be used for a 5 speed if you remove the reverse crap and make the shifter lever 1/2 inch longer. This is fine for making a kit that stays together but if I am off the least bit lengthening the 4 speed select lever the kit will not work with stock 5 speed shifters.
Kind of a catch 22 on that one.
Not long ago they were easy to find but getting harder all the time to come by Fiero parts. Dan

FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2013 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bcampbell:

I think I can get a 5-speed shifter locally; would you offer a discount if I shipped one to you? I'm in Canada so shipping should be cheaper.

Heck yeah. Dan
fiero will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero willSend a Private Message to fiero willEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dan, I' am interested in a 99 low mount alt.bracket and dogbone when available. Will
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Low mounts alt bracket is easy the dog bone bracket is hard if I do not know exactly where the engine sits with the mounts you are using. Dan
fiero will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero willSend a Private Message to fiero willEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does the alt. Bracket come with pulley, if so I'll take one. The dogbone will have to wait. Will
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2013 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cars using A/C do not need an idler at the alt but for cars not using A/C I add one into the alt bracket for an extra $20 which basically covers the cost of the pulley. Dan
Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2013 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Dan,

If you don't have a shifter yet, I can send you mine so you can make a few sets and ship it back to me with my kits. Let me know if that's good for you.

Cheers!
fiero will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2013 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero willSend a Private Message to fiero willEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Dan, I have no AC, so a pulley on the low mount alt. Bracket will be required. Please provide how much and how you would like to be paid. Thanks Will
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2013 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will be making up a bunch of low mount brackets this weekend and will add in the idler on few to be sure I have some in stock. Dan
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2013 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getting ready to start setting up to make kits for other engines, is there any engines that would be more popular than others. Thanks Dan
PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2013 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes...the kit you need to build for a 3800SC which is 100% all inclusive and you install in my car! That would be really popular! At least, with me...
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2013 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been doing full installs for quite some time now even do turn key swaps now. Dan
NoMoreRicers

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2013 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have a website?
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2013 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No web site yet as I am not the most computer web site capable person out there but getting to it. Dan
NoMoreRicers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2013 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No web site yet as I am not the most computer web site capable person out there but getting to it. Dan

I bet there is somebody here on Pennock's that would volunteer to help out when the time comes.

I know there is some very computer/internet savvy people here. Marvin McInnis comes to mind.

Good luck!
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2013 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have some one helping me slowly figure out a web site. Thanks Dan
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2013 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I now have six 99 up low mount alt brackets made up three with the idler for non A/C cars and three for A/C cars. Dan
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2013 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Every thing going great and with my oldest daughter now helping out the turn around times are down to less then a week in most cases and harnesses still come with matching programmed PCMs at no extra cost.
Have a few sets ahead of the low mount alt brackets and one set ahead of each type of mounts to try and keep ahead of things before the busy swap season starts for me. Dan
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2013 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2013 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lou6t4gto

8436 posts
Member since May 2008
Is that for Automatic? I'd like to order a set, sent 2 PMs. 1997 3800SC / Automatic onto 1985 cradle
PFF
System Bot
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2013 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM replied sorry for being a little slow responding was doing some family stuff with my kids. Dan
fieroaddicted

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2013 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroaddictedSend a Private Message to fieroaddictedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
5 speed SHIFTER ON IT'S WAY!
TROY
ignorant prodigy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2013 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Dan,

Add me to the list for a F23 shifter bracket when you start making them
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2013 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ignorant prodigy:

Hey Dan,

Add me to the list for a F23 shifter bracket when you start making them

Was just about to mail your mounts and harness out do you want me to wait till I have the F23 brackets and send every thing at once or ship this stuff now. Dan
Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2013 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Dan!

Well saves me from pulling my shifter from the car.

Can you send me an invoice for the total (with shipping) for my swap kit?

I have no AC and I want to get rid of the power steering pump and also need an alternator bracket. My trans is an F23 with isuzu cables. I would like at least one dogbone, maybe provisioning for 2?

I guess i need to order a set of Rodney's poly engine and trans mounts?

Can you also give me an ETA? My payment is ready to go.

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by Purple86GT (edited 04-17-2013).]

ignorant prodigy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2013 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Was just about to mail your mounts and harness out do you want me to wait till I have the F23 brackets and send every thing at once or ship this stuff now. Dan

If send it all at once that'd be great!
How much do you want for the bracket?
Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump.
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I now have a shifter to work with and have the select cable bracket already made. Hoping to get the rest done as soon as I get home as I am out of town for a close friend whose Mother passed away and was just buried this afternoon. Dan
fieroaddicted

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroaddictedSend a Private Message to fieroaddictedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I now have a shifter to work with and have the select cable bracket already made. Hoping to get the rest done as soon as I get home as I am out of town for a close friend whose Mother passed away and was just buried this afternoon. Dan

Sorry to hear this Dan. Take care.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock