Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Sunroof tracks Stainless and powder coated mild steel (Page 7)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Sunroof tracks Stainless and powder coated mild steel by silver 85 sc
Started on: 04-11-2012 05:21 PM
Replies: 274 (11769 views)
Last post by: CaptDean on 01-01-2024 07:20 PM
silver 85 sc

Feedback score:    (40)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by migs:

Any update on this? I need to move forward on mine as its all removed now

Are you using the Fiero Store Gasket?
IP: Logged
migs

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2018 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for migsSend a Private Message to migsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have no gasket ATM, destroyed mine getting it off and am currently getting the cracked edges repaired. I can look for a OEM gasket if you have something that works better for that but I thought there was someone trying to make yours work with TFS version?
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2018 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by migs:

I have no gasket ATM, destroyed mine getting it off and am currently getting the cracked edges repaired. I can look for a OEM gasket if you have something that works better for that but I thought there was someone trying to make yours work with TFS version?

Yannsky got them to work, still waiting for his instructions.

Rich
88cryan

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2018 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88cryanSend a Private Message to 88cryanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad somebody is working on this! I have a fierostore gasket in my factory tracks and my sunroof has a gap at the back, has wind noise, and drips water inside. Never had these issues before replacing the gasket.
LaFierte

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2019 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LaFierteSend a Private Message to LaFierteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PMed about purchasing a set of stainless tracks!
undertakerv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2019 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for undertakervSend a Private Message to undertakervEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Rich,

I'm interested in buying a set of rails if you still have some in stock.

PM me.

Thanks

Vince
randy86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2019 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randy86Send a Private Message to randy86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like a set of the SS tracks, can you PM me with purchase instructions?
Yannsky

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2019 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YannskySend a Private Message to YannskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had installed the ss rails with TFS gasket with no issue. I have some picture but don’t know how to do it here.

I have no leak and no space on the back as the other membre had. Verry good stuff well crafted by Silver 85

Thank you

Yann
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2020 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent...
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2021 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a friendly bump to say I have had the sunroof tracks in the car for 5 years now, and they look as new as the day I received them! When I ordered the replacement tracks from the Fiero Store, they turned to rust powder in under 2 years.
yellow peril

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2021 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellow perilSend a Private Message to yellow perilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
PFF
System Bot
yellow peril

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2021 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellow perilSend a Private Message to yellow perilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
received my set and they are excellent. thank you very much.
midengine_stevie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2021 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for midengine_stevieSend a Private Message to midengine_stevieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are the stainless ones still available?
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2021 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by midengine_stevie:

Are the stainless ones still available?

I would imagine so since someone just received a set 3 days ago
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2021 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a set ready to go.

Rich
iacon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2021 03:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iaconSend a Private Message to iaconEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
TRINIBOY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2022 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRINIBOYSend a Private Message to TRINIBOYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello,
On the 35 anniversary of the fiero show at Carlisle I purchased a set of you stainless steel sunroof tracks. Did not get around to installing them untill now and noticed that the rear rail did not line up.. It looks like when the studs were sordered to the rails it was out in lineup and does not fit the holes on the fiero roof. I can send pictures if you wish to see as I took a number of them. Please provide your email and I can send them for you to view..what I need is the rear to be replaced with one that will line up..I see that since then you have fabricated one as well for Aftermarket seals...would be thankful if you can replace and send one aftermarket rear track as replacement.
Thanks,
Mitchell

UOTE]Originally posted by silver 85 sc:

New price $78 includes shipping to lower 48 states

Well here goes, I am going to officially announce that I am going to produce new stainless and mild steel sunroof tracks or channels or whatever you want to call them. I hope to have the first run complete on Saturday. Since it appears that I will have to buy a full sheet of stainless to start I would like to get some verbal orders going. (notice I said verbal) I think I can get around 30 sets out of a 48" x 120" sheet of stainless. Price will be $75.00 plus shipping. Here is the original thread that started it all:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/060785.html

These will be made out of 20 ga (.036") 304 stainless steel with welded studs instead of the spot welded t-nuts (or the rivet nuts if I have problems studding them), so the channels will be flat and not have the indentations. I have the prototypes (made from powder coated mild steel) at work and if I can find a memory stick and get PIP to work I will be posting pictures. I can offer the mild steel also if anyone is interested, and the price will be $60.00 per set. Shipping will run around $10.00 per set/package.

And of course don't forget the other goodies I am putting together:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/054658.html

And yes, I will be putting together the 30th anniversary goodies, and will be putting the list together as the event draws closer. (Yes there will be numbered key chains just like the 20th and the 25th just for a heads up)

Rich

[/QUOTE]

Stinger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2022 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StingerClick Here to visit Stinger's HomePageSend a Private Message to StingerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would be interested in purchasing a set of stainless steel sunroof tracks. Payment ?
midengine_stevie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2022 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for midengine_stevieSend a Private Message to midengine_stevieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interested in a stainless set as well.
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2022 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stinger:

I would be interested in purchasing a set of stainless steel sunroof tracks. Payment ?

I take paypal.

Rich

fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2022 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rich, ready to buy. Price please and shipping total to E1G5V1, Canada.

Stainless steel please.

PayPal ready.

Thanks,

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

PFF
System Bot
Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2023 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Rich,

I've got a buyer lined up for you (the guy currently working on my Fiero, Mike). Posting on his behalf as he isn't registered. Please let me know when you have a set of the stainless ready to go - looks like you got a few other folks ahead of me!

Thank you for making these!

silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2023 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have 2 sets on hand.

Rich
Cunnive

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2023 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CunniveSend a Private Message to CunniveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Making a verbal commitment to buying. Hopefully in the next few weeks!
vEnOm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2023 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vEnOmSend a Private Message to vEnOmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested in a stainless steel set. Let me know if there's a set available.

Thanks!
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2023 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by vEnOm:

I'm interested in a stainless steel set. Let me know if there's a set available.

Thanks!

I have materials and can make a set at any time.

Rich
TheHom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2023 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheHomSend a Private Message to TheHomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested in a set.
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2023 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheHom:

I'm interested in a set.

Just did a batch of 10. They are ready to go.

Rich
TheHom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2023 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheHomSend a Private Message to TheHomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great! How do I place an order?
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2023 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheHom:

Great! How do I place an order?

PM sent.

Rich

MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2023 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Should have picked up a set of these at the show instead of being worried about the rain. Didn't figure you would sell out that fast!

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Modified stock air canister and base to 3.5 inch for 3800na

PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2023 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can not go wrong with these stainless steel tracks. I love the Fiero Store, but DO NOT BUY THEIR SUNROOF TRACKS. I installed FS ones on my car that I primered and painted. In less that a year they were nothing but rust dust.

The same exact thing happened to Ronnie Finger.

I cued the video below to the exact spot he mentions the Fiero Store tracks:

NEVERMIND: Jump to 12:08 in the video, as the forum will not allow starting the video, other than at the beginning.

How is it 12 years later NONE of these bugs have been fixed? You have to remove the "s" in httpS, or the video will not embed, you cant add starting point......

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-25-2023).]

GraterFang

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2023 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll take two sets of the stainless if available, thanks!
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2023 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GraterFang:

I'll take two sets of the stainless if available, thanks!

PM sent

CaptDean

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2024 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CaptDeanSend a Private Message to CaptDeanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rich

You have a PM

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay