Started on: 02-28-2012 12:26 PM
Replies: 114 (7989 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 06-18-2023 11:04 AM
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2012 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought I would start an official thread about my newest product.
I can make these in all one color or the top to match the dash top and the front to match the lower dash.
I have Beechwood, light Gray, dark Gray, Doeskin, Saddle,dark Brown,Charcoal, Black and whatever different vinyl color you would want to send me.
Since I`m trying out three different latches I`m not stocking all of them yet, thus it may take a few extra days to get the glovebox out.
The latches will be regular round (like on my console doors) flush like the middle & bottom picture and a pushbutton, which I don`t have a picture yet.
They will be 150.00 which includes shipping to the lower 48.
Thanks, Mike

Oh, the picture on the bottom is the final product, I just posted the first picture showing the round latch.
You will have to remove the map pocket and in it`s place you will receive a piece of Black ABS plastic with double sided tape attached.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 02-28-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
a_bartle

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2012 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for a_bartleSend a Private Message to a_bartleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool, those look great... nice work!
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2012 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow Mike! These look fantastic! My birthday is in April so I can justify the expense with the wife I have the 88 dark gray. Would they be 2-tone like the beechwood you made in the picture? When you have one made please post pics. It'll be a nice addition to my center console door and cup holder
Marc
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2012 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, a_bartle
Yes Marc, I would use Charcoal on the top, which I have already matched up and dark Gray on the front.
I currently only have an order for a Brown/Saddle combination in the works, so I`m not sure when I will get a pic of a Gray.
Mike

fieroall

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2012 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroallSend a Private Message to fieroallEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you ship to Canada?
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2012 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
fotofrank

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2012 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fotofrankClick Here to visit fotofrank's HomePageSend a Private Message to fotofrankEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am interested in dark Grey but would like to see how this mounts to the dash and also what the inside looks like.

Thanks
FieroUte

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2012 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroUteSend a Private Message to FieroUteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I too am going to buy a dark grey/charcoal but am interested to see the push button latch. I would get the same lock as the console door I bought if I could use the same key but I don't think I could. Awesome job!
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2012 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, here are the pics with the door open.
If you look on the sides of the Black ABS you will see two screws.
Those just screw into the side of where the map pocket was.
If ever choose to put the map pocket back on it will cover the screw holes.

And the push button latch with finger pull.

josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2012 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was lucky enough to see his prototype in person a few weeks back. These are great!!!

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 02-29-2012).]

85FieroGreg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2012 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85FieroGregSend a Private Message to 85FieroGregEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I purchased a cup holder from you a while back. I asked you if you could do mine for me in Mr. Mikes leather. And you and Mike gave me a cupholder that I wouldn't trade for anything in the world. I thank you over and over again. I own an original glovebox (not sure if it's PISA or Fiero Store). You have absolutlely created a masterpeice here. If I didn't already own a glovebox, I would be ordering one from you. Nice work Mike.
PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2012 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the kind words Greg and Joe.
Mike

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2012 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks really nice.

I already have a glove box, but if I ever find myself in the market, I'll be sure to grab one of these.
Still thinking about some other items too.

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

Praise the Lowered!

Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2012 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2012 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another home run, good work Mike!
outlawfiero17

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2012 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawfiero17Send a Private Message to outlawfiero17Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FINALLY!!! expect and order in the near future!
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2012 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, guys.
katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2012 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like these boxes a lot! In fact, I like them better than the round ones that are impossible to find. On my cosmetic "will do" list.
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2012 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mike,
You have outdone yourself. I'm usually lukewarm on most accessory adds because they look cheap. Yours looks better than what I would've expected from Pontiac. Will be ordering one soon.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2012 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I appreciate it guys, I will post pics of the pushbutton latch as soon as I replace the door on mine.
Mike
fotofrank

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2012 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fotofrankClick Here to visit fotofrank's HomePageSend a Private Message to fotofrankEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Waiting to see a glove box in Grey!
PFF
System Bot
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2012 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a VERY nice product! I love how you incorporated the little overhang on the top like the factory dash, and the two-toned color options. I hope they will still be available when I can afford to finish off the interior of my 86. I have one of the add-on glove boxes in my 87 and I love it, your design looks like it flows better with the dash lines though.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2012 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I installed the pushbutton in the first picture in my glovebox door this weekend and it`s not really designed for a door as thick as I use plus it`s kind of cheap the way it`s mounted and the way it fits.
I am ordering a new type pushbutton latch that`s basically the same diameter as the turn latch I use on the console doors.
I will post a pic when I get one in and installed.

Here is the new one.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 03-05-2012).]

Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2012 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:
I installed the pushbutton in the first picture in my glovebox door this weekend and it`s not really designed for a door as thick as I use plus it`s kind of cheap the way it`s mounted and the way it fits.
I am ordering a new type pushbutton latch that`s basically the same diameter as the turn latch I use on the console doors.
I will post a pic when I get one in and installed.

Here is the new one.

Sounds like you'll have all the perfecting done soon! I'll be ready to buy one next month. For those of us that have your console door would we be able to use the same key?
Marc
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2012 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I`m not sure if the same key works.
I don`t think it does, although I stopped at a boat dealer today to look at similar locks to the ones I use for the console doors and they sell them without keys because they say a boat key will work on them.
edit: I omitted the turn knob that was on here because it`s too hard to find.
The ones available will be the turn knob like on my console doors and the pushbutton like posted above.
Mike

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 03-05-2012).]

fotofrank

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2012 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fotofrankClick Here to visit fotofrank's HomePageSend a Private Message to fotofrankEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I like the idea of a push latch but a turn/pull is OK too.
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2012 03:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aw man I am seeing the red x's. Is it just me? I see no pics.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2012 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tbone the pics are still up for me.
Mike
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2012 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXGOOD

5410 posts
Member since Feb 2006
Someone was wondering about the Charcoal & Gray color.
Here is a pic of one that`s almost ready to go.

It`s for sale if anyone is interested.
fotofrank

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2012 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fotofrankClick Here to visit fotofrank's HomePageSend a Private Message to fotofrankEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PM Sent
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2012 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hummmm I may have to sell my Pisa one for one of the gray ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2012 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can make it Kevin.
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2012 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tbone the pics are still up for me.
Mike

Now they are back.. weird. Hey, those look great! Good job mike!
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2012 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Tbone
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok guys, you have seen a few pics of these gloveboxes and I need opinions.
I have sold a couple of them and I would like to hear from people who may be on the fence about buying or just have a comment about them.
Give me your opinions on what you like or dislike and what might prompt you to be more inclined to get one.
Thanks as always, everyone who has bought or shown interest in any of my products.
Mike
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
these look awesome and honestly i'm debating on it. was going to custom glass a tv in the map pocket but... we shall see...

The only thing i see wrong with the design is the lack of hinge tension relief. that stupid little plastic strap that doesn't allow the door to open all of the way. I've seen cars without them have issues with breaking the hinge from being flown open in a hurry. just my $0.02

[This message has been edited by Finally_Mine_86_GT (edited 03-08-2012).]

Cokeologist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CokeologistSend a Private Message to CokeologistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok guys, you have seen a few pics of these gloveboxes and I need opinions.
I have sold a couple of them and I would like to hear from people who may be on the fence about buying or just have a comment about them.
Give me your opinions on what you like or dislike and what might prompt you to be more inclined to get one.
Thanks as always, everyone who has bought or shown interest in any of my products.
Mike

Is there anything that keeps the door from opening 180 degrees when opened? My 1966 Mustang has a wire affixed to the side of the glove box and to the door that secures the door open at 90 degrees.

I like the flush latch mechanism but would prefer a smaller size.

revin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

these look awesome and honestly i'm debating on it. was going to custom glass a tv in the map pocket but... we shall see...

I would pm Mike and ask if he could custom make a spot for your tv. just replace the door with a square for your tv.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys.
The door actually opens as far as it`s shown in the open position in the pictures above.
When it opens the back of the door hits the bottom of the glovebox and it doesn`t go any further.
I think the hinges are Nylon and pretty durable, but I guess with enough force they could break.
I usually just open the door, put something in and close it immediately, so that has not been a problem
I guess you could adapt some kind of stopping mechanism f you wanted.
I thought of one of those slide friction bars that they put on trunks, but I`m not sure what color you can get them in.
I have not been able to find a flush mount latch that`s any smaller than the one shown.
I thought I had found a latch similar to the ones on the stock console door, but they are powder coated metal and they are made to go into a sheet metal door and not a 1/2" thick door.

edit: It would probably be no problem to install something else where the door goes if you wanted a touch screen or similar because when cutting the front of the glovebox I would just leave the front flat except whatever size hole you wanted.
I`m not sure how I would secure it, since you open the door to run the screws to hold it in place.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 03-08-2012).]

fotofrank

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2012 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fotofrankClick Here to visit fotofrank's HomePageSend a Private Message to fotofrankEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I expect to get my wonderful glovebox Monday. Now how does the map pocket come off the dash without destroying it?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock