Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  FS: Bigger Brake Booster ($100 brake upgrade) (Page 11)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FS: Bigger Brake Booster ($100 brake upgrade) by sardonyx247
Started on: 01-30-2012 06:02 AM
Replies: 425 (22505 views)
Last post by: sardonyx247 on 07-28-2021 02:10 PM
Monstertone

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2020 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonstertoneSend a Private Message to MonstertoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sent $249 thru PayPal to Sardonyx247@gmail.com
PayPal Reply came back this morning saying I sent $249 to W.E.L.C.O.M.E.
Hope to hell everything is alright & I didn't send it to someone else.
It later came up on PayPal as Sardonx247. Problem solved.

[This message has been edited by Monstertone (edited 02-04-2020).]

IP: Logged
Monstertone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2020 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonstertoneSend a Private Message to MonstertoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Big booster arrived Monday. That was fast!
Shipped stock Fiero booster core back yesterday, Wednesday 2/12/20.
Had I known the big booster included a Fiero mounting bracket already attached, I would not have bothered removing the bracket from mine.
Hope it's OK.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2020 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Email sent Sardonyx
hiwil88formula

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2020 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hiwil88formulaSend a Private Message to hiwil88formulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2020 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With all this down time it would be a good time to mod up some boosters.
Anyone want one?
liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2020 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I made a performance review of the booster. It's definitely worth it. I tried to be unbiased in the video and just give the facts, but honestly I love it. I've used both Sardonyx247 and Rodney kits. Sardonyx's is definitely the easier install.
Here's the review video:

sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2020 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Due to covid19
I am offering $10 off, as we all know we will be lead footed when we finnaly get let out.

Make sure you can stop too.

The sale is limited time only.

(The shipping time is more than enough time for covid to die, based off of how long it can live on a surface, not saying i have it, but I am saying you WON'T get it from me)

------------------
"DRIVE IT LIKE A FIERO"
'84 Fiero, engine to be determined '87 Duke (Sold)
'87 Quad 4 H.O.
'87Blue GT 3.4L Swap Completed!!!!!!!! Boosted!!!!!!!
^^^^ Now in the Construction Zone^^^^
Las Vegas Fiero Club Parts/Sales/Service/Club
Fiero Road Club Of Northern Nevada
Now on my 12th Fiero

I FAR I

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2020 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I FAR ISend a Private Message to I FAR IEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by liv4God:

I made a performance review of the booster. It's definitely worth it. I tried to be unbiased in the video and just give the facts, but honestly I love it. I've used both Sardonyx247 and Rodney kits. Sardonyx's is definitely the easier install.
Here's the review video:

Well done....Thanks.

La fiera

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2020 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You got a PM
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2020 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

Sounds like some people aren't sending their old ones back? If its helpful maybe a few of us can collect them in the junkyards (I see 8-10 a year around here).

Complicating the issue is they're such awkward items to ship, with that rod that sticks way out.

Because some folks buy one and life gets in the way and they don't install the booster immediately and the seller REFUSES to accept the core after some arbitrary period. No wonder he's running out of cores.
0z

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2020 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 0zSend a Private Message to 0zEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent!

[This message has been edited by 0z (edited 09-24-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
MrBeef612

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2020 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrBeef612Send a Private Message to MrBeef612Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm'ed
rlndhill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2020 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rlndhillSend a Private Message to rlndhillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM'ed
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2020 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Because some folks buy one and life gets in the way and they don't install the booster immediately and the seller REFUSES to accept the core after some arbitrary period. No wonder he's running out of cores.

Everything has a shelf life, especially return windows.....I kept my "core" booster just so I'd have a spare. His return period was not arbitrary as I recall, it was clearly posted. Oh, an excellent upgrade.
Larry Hubbert

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2020 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry HubbertSend a Private Message to Larry HubbertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a few brake boosters out of 88 GT's here and I need at least 1 possibly 2 for my own cars (both 88's) If I ship out my present boosters to have you modify will these same boosters be returned to me? If I send the boosters out in advance and wait for you to modify them will I still need to pay a core charge? Can you please tell me what the final cost will be for you to perform this service? Also Do you need boosters since I have at least a few extra not including the ones in my cars that I could send along? Thanks, have a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year, and most of all stay safe.

LarryH
Monstertone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2021 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonstertoneSend a Private Message to MonstertoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My booster arrived 2/10/20 (last year) and was installed shortly thereafter. However, the car was in the middle of an engine/transmission transplant so it was not until March of this year that I was finally able to start the car & take it out for a test drive. To my dismay, the booster seems NOT to be working! I have -20"Hg (vacuum) @ the hose connection to the booster. The check valve works. But as soon as I plug the hose onto the booster, my vacuum drops to -10"Hg. It took me a couple weeks to test every vacuum fitting from the engine up to the booster. Shoulda started @ the booster & worked back, would have saved a lot of time & agrevation. Does anyone have any clue as to what I could possibly have done wrong in the installation to cause this? It ain't rocket science. (or so I thought). Is the push rod to the brake pedal adjustable? Is it possible for it to be always pushing enough to completely vent the vacuum? I do have brakes, but I have to push hard on the pedal. And I can't stop fast enough to safely drive the car. Is there a seal that could have fallen out at the front of the booster behind the plastic piston the short push rod sits in?
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2021 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monstertone:

My booster arrived 2/10/20 (last year) and was installed shortly thereafter. However, the car was in the middle of an engine/transmission transplant so it was not until March of this year that I was finally able to start the car & take it out for a test drive. To my dismay, the booster seems NOT to be working! I have -20"Hg (vacuum) @ the hose connection to the booster. The check valve works. But as soon as I plug the hose onto the booster, my vacuum drops to -10"Hg. It took me a couple weeks to test every vacuum fitting from the engine up to the booster. Shoulda started @ the booster & worked back, would have saved a lot of time & agrevation. Does anyone have any clue as to what I could possibly have done wrong in the installation to cause this? It ain't rocket science. (or so I thought). Is the push rod to the brake pedal adjustable? Is it possible for it to be always pushing enough to completely vent the vacuum? I do have brakes, but I have to push hard on the pedal. And I can't stop fast enough to safely drive the car. Is there a seal that could have fallen out at the front of the booster behind the plastic piston the short push rod sits in?

Yes there is, (and missing that seal would cause what you are experiencing) , there is a rubber seal on the small pushrod between the booster and master cylinder , also in the small plastic pushrod part also sits the metal pushrod just fyi.

------------------
"DRIVE IT LIKE A FIERO"
'84 Fiero, engine to be determined '87 Duke (Sold)
'87 Quad 4 H.O.
'87Blue GT 3.4L Swap Completed!!!!!!!! Boosted!!!!!!!
^^^^ Now in the Construction Zone^^^^
Las Vegas Fiero Club Parts/Sales/Service/Club
Fiero Road Club Of Northern Nevada
Now on my 12th Fiero

Monstertone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2021 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonstertoneSend a Private Message to MonstertoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sardonyx247: Thanks for the reply. You can't imagine what I've been going thru trying to figure this out. Are these seals something I can install myself, without having to disassemble the booster? Can you supply the seals, or if I can by them locally provide p/n's?

------------------
Monstertone

Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2021 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought mine about 8 years ago? I think? Loved it.

I moved it from my last Fiero to my current one. The one thing that drives me crazy is how tough it seems to be to work on/off some of the nuts. It's like you can only do an 8th of a turn, and hope that your ratchet has fine enough teeth to click. I used a combination of wobble extensions and universal joint sockets or deep sockets. Mine is starting to have some surface rust, and had I been thinking about it, I would have hit it with some etching primer or something before I put it in.

Anyhow, I buried the lead - does anyone have a combination of tools (even if it's different ones for different bolts) that make taking it out/putting it in easier? Or should I just mask over everything around the booster and spray it while it's mounted?

(the directions on how to easily install/remove it might be good for others that ran into the same frustration I did, regardless).

[This message has been edited by Trinten (edited 04-26-2021).]

sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2021 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Trinten:

I bought mine about 8 years ago? I think? Loved it.

I moved it from my last Fiero to my current one. The one thing that drives me crazy is how tough it seems to be to work on/off some of the bolts. It's like you can only do an 8th of a turn, and hope that your ratchet has fine enough teeth to click. I used a combination of wobble extensions and universal joint sockets or deep sockets. Mine is starting to have some surface rust, and had I been thinking about it, I would have hit it with some etching primer or something before I put it in.

Anyhow, I buried the lead - does anyone have a combination of tools (even if it's different ones for different bolts) that make taking it out/putting it in easier? Or should I just mask over everything around the booster and spray it while it's mounted?

(the directions on how to easily install/remove it might be good for others that ran into the same frustration I did, regardless).

With one of these:
13mm Flex Head Ratchet Wrench.
Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2021 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! I think we had used that too for one or two of the nuts (yes, I said bolts by accident in my previous post on the topic). I was just hoping I was overlooking something else.

Thanks guys!
PFF
System Bot
dremu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2021 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dremuSend a Private Message to dremuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I find that hinged-end tools (wrenches, ratchets) can be handy, but somehow the monkey using them (me) seems to break them.

However, these guys are cheap and invaluable. Fastest way to get the nuts on the seat tracks, bada bing bada boom. Should work here too.

-- A

[This message has been edited by dremu (edited 04-26-2021).]

Billhayner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2021 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BillhaynerSend a Private Message to BillhaynerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent
Billhayner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2021 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BillhaynerSend a Private Message to BillhaynerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Billhayner

37 posts
Member since Oct 2018
Pm sent
flyntus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2021 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for flyntusSend a Private Message to flyntusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2021 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by flyntus:

PM Sent

PM Replied
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave