Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Personalized decklid vents and other things (Page 7)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Personalized decklid vents and other things by silver 85 sc
Started on: 11-20-2010 09:55 PM
Replies: 482 (31182 views)
Last post by: silver 85 sc on 03-17-2024 09:02 AM
n7vrz

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2012 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for n7vrzSend a Private Message to n7vrzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is the gas tank still on hold?
IP: Logged
silver 85 sc

Feedback score:    (40)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2012 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by n7vrz:

Is the gas tank still on hold?

I am in need of a car. I have a tank drawn and have the prototype blanks figured out, but without a car that I can put up on blocks for a while I cannot proceed. I know that the first one will not come out perfect, and I want to produce the largest capacity tank that could possibly fit in the area available. And since the company I work for makes aftermarket fuel tank straps for several trucks (GMC, Chevy, Ford, Jeep, and Dodge) I could easily come up with usable straps to match. It would also be nice to have a garage to work in. I would love to document as much of the car as possible, and remake the steel parts that so often rust out. I know that I have the proper equipment at work to produce usable replacement parts,(They would not be and exact match, but they would be usable) but without a car that I can use and a place to dissect it, it is hard to proceed. If I could put the money together to build a garage in the backyard, I would take the worst case Fiero I could find and completely replace the rusted out components, and rebuild from the ground up. All with new laser cut and CNC formed parts, and I would consider using stainless in the problem prone areas.

Rich
Christine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2012 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much is shipping for the full set of 4 to 80223? I will paypal you as soon as I get the shipping cost.
701GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2012 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 701GTSend a Private Message to 701GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
idea on the gas tank problem...next time someone close to you goes to scrap a junk spaceframe cut out the gas tank tunnel lol. a few supports welded or screwed in place and it wouldnt distort and could be moved around and flipped over for you to test fit the tank. plus no dead car in the drive.
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2012 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 701GT:

idea on the gas tank problem...next time someone close to you goes to scrap a junk spaceframe cut out the gas tank tunnel lol. a few supports welded or screwed in place and it wouldnt distort and could be moved around and flipped over for you to test fit the tank. plus no dead car in the drive.

I may have an answer. My '86 needs a new fuel pump. I am just trying to get an answer from my wife on how long I can leave it up on blocks. Where were you with this idea last summer. Me and a buddy parted out 2 cars.

Rich

[This message has been edited by silver 85 sc (edited 08-03-2012).]

Christine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2012 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a good idea, nice thinking outside the box.

Originally posted by 701GT:

I love the idea of a bigger and new gas tank I will be watching to see how it turns out.
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2012 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have enough orders to meet minimum, so if anybody needs anything let me know within the next week.

Here is one that is currently shipping

Rich

[This message has been edited by silver 85 sc (edited 08-05-2012).]

sirtimeless

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2012 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sirtimelessClick Here to visit sirtimeless's HomePageSend a Private Message to sirtimelessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just to verify its $65 for both sets of rockers?

I seriously need a set of those on my GT
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2012 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sirtimeless:

Just to verify its $65 for both sets of rockers?

I seriously need a set of those on my GT

What do you mean by both sets? A single set (2pcs) runs $65.00. Shipping runs around $40.00

Rich

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2012 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I shortened my shift lever a few years ago but never liked how the leather boot fit. Today I fitted this plate that Rich (silver 85 sc) made for me. I haven't made a permanent mount yet as I need to drill and tap holes for machine screws from the bottom of the plate. Now to send the shift knob of to Don Le at Dallas Custom Steering Wheel for a recover.

Thanks Rich!

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen III replacement GT trunk seals with solid molded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2012 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I had my '85 the sail panels faded over time. Now I have an '84 and the Pontiac triangle has seen better days. Here comes the sail panel parts:

Here is a beat up sail panel with the Pontiac triangle missing. This one came off of an '86 notchie.

Here is a stainless Pontiac triangle:

These can be painted or if someone can make a decal to go over they would probably look a lot better. I can do them for $2.25 per set.

Tomorrow I am going to form the "glass" out of stainless. I will post pics.

Rich

PFF
System Bot
86fiero3.4

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2012 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fiero3.4Send a Private Message to 86fiero3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cant wait to see the notchie stainless glass.
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2012 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stainless sail panels for the notchie.

The form fit isn't perfect, however the stainless is thin enough to be adjusted by hand and with the right adhesive they should look like they belong there. These are on my '84 with the glass sail panels underneath. There is nothing holding it in place it is just sitting there. I think if they were painted black and clear coated they would almost have that factory look.

I guess I better get the fastback panels done.

Rich
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2012 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More of his work on my car...

Emblems on wheel center caps:

Emblem on intake:
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2012 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have rounded up some 16 and 14 ga stainless, and I will be starting the 30 anniversary goodies next month, so if anyone wants anything start letting me know.

Rich
Chooko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2012 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChookoSend a Private Message to ChookoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rich,

You have a PM.

------------------

Joe

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2012 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would love a 3" badge, so consider this my order for one. You had told me in a PM that you need a few orders, as you have a minimum to make them. Ok, double my order then, I want two 3" badges. Also anyone else that would like one, please speak up, so I can get my badges
PontiacBlue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2012 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacBlueClick Here to visit PontiacBlue's HomePageSend a Private Message to PontiacBlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Omg I just scanned the first page of this thread and it gave me so many ideas!
My uncle owns a laser fabrication company, and I'm trained on the CNC lasers...

Now I just need to get to design =)
John Black88GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2013 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for John Black88GTSend a Private Message to John Black88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent about an order.
race9887

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2013 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for race9887Send a Private Message to race9887Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome products, got the badges and key chain for Christmas.

Post pictures once I use them on my car. The large badge is being put on the SuperCharger on my 3800 swap, where the fuel rail was bolted.

------------------
Our projects

Fieros: 85 Coupe, parts car 86 SE(everything except automatic), 86 SE 3800 Series 2 conversion car.

Build Thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/121858.html

James_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2013 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James_GTSend a Private Message to James_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've had these overlays installed for almost a year now and they still look stunning. Excellent quality and perfect fit. Also have the key chains and love those too.

Thanks again silver 85 sc, these are really top notch workmanship
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2013 04:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by race9887:

Awesome products, got the badges and key chain for Christmas.

Lucky You! I been trying to get a 3" badge for a while now

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2013 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by James_GT:

I've had these overlays installed for almost a year now and they still look stunning. Excellent quality and perfect fit. Also have the key chains and love those too.

Thanks again silver 85 sc, these are really top notch workmanship

Man I thought the image was backward s until I read your location really good job you've done to RHD !!!

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

coady

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2013 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://images.fieroforum.co...00003_(1024x767).jpg

Whats the smallest Pegasus badge you make?
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2013 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by coady:

http://images.fieroforum.co...00003_(1024x767).jpg

Whats the smallest Pegasus badge you make?

2" is the smallest I have been able to produce and these are not 100% guaranteed to come out. If I am lucky I will get 1 out of 3.

Here is what I am having cut.

(10) 2" badges with my fingers crossed
(10) 2 1/2"
(15) 3 3/8"
(5) 4"
(300) 30th key chains No preshow sales
(50) 30th key chains individually numbered 1-50 No preshow sales
(1) INDY table
(1) "Silly boys Jeeps are for girls" license plate holder.

I am thinking about making a small fire ring that can be easily dismantled for manageable shipping and transporting. It will be 3 panels roughly 20-25" in diameter. We'll see.

I can make the badges any size in between and larger.

Test piece for the door sill where the fiero plug is located.

If anyone is looking for anything let me know. I still have some odds and ends key chains, sunroof tracks, wind chime tops, and 5" badges, along with some mismatched interior pieces. I also have the PONTIAC for the rear bumper of '88 notchies, '87's? and also have a couple Pontiac racing badges for that location. The individual that requested these has vanished.

The next round of cuts will be 30th anniversary vents, I will have the proofs ready next week. I will take special requests on these if anyone wants engine size/style, or custom image put on with the 30th logo.

I have been informed that we have a lot of stainless steel that has scratches and blemishes that we have gotten credit for, and is no longer on the books. I will be able to obtain this material for the scrap rate of $1.00 per pound. This is the material I will use.

Rich
coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2013 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
whitestar

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2013 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whitestarSend a Private Message to whitestarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rich

So I read

Test piece for the door sill where the fiero plug is located.
Rich
that I talked to you about.. How did it turn out , any pictures? Thanks

------------------
To enjoy life........is to live...........not in the quantity (years of life)..........but in the quality of life!

silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope to have parts this week. The lasers are back on 24/7.

Rich
j bf1

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for j bf1Send a Private Message to j bf1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello, How much $$ for a grill badge to 33324?

John
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like 4 badges.

(2) 2 1/2"
(1) 3 3/8"
(1) 4"

I sent a PM as well

silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Badges are scheduled to be cut tonight, which means I will be busy this weekend. So let the orders flow.

Rich
PFF
System Bot
Capitol City Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2013 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capitol City FieroSend a Private Message to Capitol City FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rich;

Your buddy here in Michigan

I need 2 badges 5 3/4" tall X 4" wide
I need them polished and shipper to Florida
how quick and it looks like 2X15+10=$40.00 = shipping (us postal next day)

PM me asap will get money rolling
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2013 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have badges if anyone is interested.

Rich
Robertzep2

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2013 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robertzep2Send a Private Message to Robertzep2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2013 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my 4" badge today. Nice! I hit it with some 1500 grit, then 2000 grip sand paper, then buffed it out with some polishing compound and a high speed buffer. Nice chrome like finish now! Thanks!
TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2013 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome work!
Whenever I get back into a Fiero, I'll have to order a ton of stuff from you.
+ For you!!

------------------
~Michael
'85 GT 4sp white - SOLD | | '85 2M6 Auto red - SOLD | | '84 2M4 bare chassis - SOLD
Crap, I'm out of Fieros! Time to buy another!! - "Your mileage may vary."
WTB: Formula 5sp

TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2013 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rich,

I have the following request.

I am thinking you might be able to help me out...I need the following pieces (driver & passenger)

Done in a strong enough gauge metal so I can drill a hole through so I can continue the hole all the way inside for a set of these:

If you can help, please PM me.

Thanks,

TXOPIE

OPIES FIERO GTX BUILD
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2013 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still able to hold pricing. Here is this years rundown.

notch or GT vents $50.00 per set 16 ga or 14 ga stainless customizing $30.00

Badges $15.00 (2.5" -4" tall) 16 ga stainless

Badges larger than 4" inquire for price.

Gauge cluster $15.00 18 ga stainless

Aux ga $5.00 18 ga stainless

Radio surround $10.00 18 ga stainless

Shifter surround $10.00 18 ga stainless specify manual or auto. Can do with or without ashtrays.

Center shift console $65.00

Rocker cover $65.00 16 ga stainless

Key chains $7.00 18 ga stainless Can do custom for additional cost

Wind chime circle only $16.00 16 ga stainless use keychains to fill

Pontiac for rear bumpers $6.00 16 or 18 ga stainless will need to puchase adhesive

Door sills $25.00 per set 18 ga or 16 ga stainless can do any lettering if I have the font, custom images add $30.00 per set.

Rich

coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2013 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amazing Deals People !!! I have a bunch of his stuff and it is great but more important he is honest and great to deal with!!!!
coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2013 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

coady

934 posts
Member since Aug 2012
Rich,

i would also be interested in the parts that TXOPIE is interested in. let me know if you start making them
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock