Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Personalized decklid vents and other things (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Personalized decklid vents and other things by silver 85 sc
Started on: 11-20-2010 09:55 PM
Replies: 482 (31175 views)
Last post by: silver 85 sc on 03-17-2024 09:02 AM
LFiero67

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2012 05:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LFiero67Send a Private Message to LFiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How big is the hexagon punch? Any chance you could make GT vent panels with the hexagon punch pattern for venting? Any idea how much that would be?

------------------
11.425 @115.60
Best 60' 1.543 seconds
3800 S/C 4T65E

New combo : Billet 6262 Precision turbo, PT1001 intercooler, ST1 cam, 130lb springs, comp pushrods, HV3, otherwise stock L36.

IP: Logged
silver 85 sc

Feedback score:    (40)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2012 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LFiero67:

How big is the hexagon punch? Any chance you could make GT vent panels with the hexagon punch pattern for venting? Any idea how much that would be?

It is around 3/8". Are you looking for a screen under the vent or the vent punched?

Originally posted by carnut122:

I'm thinking of making a clock face out of it. Can I get the 12 holes around the perimeter too? Do you do non-Fiero (as in a Ford oval in thicker steel)? I can provide a tracing of it.

I can do whatever. I have the Ford cursive and the Chevrolet, the Pontiac obviously, and have done the S10 for a roll bar. I have done sports themes and even wacky awards for people. The one that comes to mind is a friend had me make a PITA plaque for his sister-in-law. He gave it to her at a family function. I guess it was hilarious. If your wondering it is really close to Pain In The Arse.

Rich

LFiero67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2012 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LFiero67Send a Private Message to LFiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking of having the vent punched with the hexagon to create a screen pattern in it. I need to figure out where I need to cut and notch it to clear my roll bar though. Otherwise I was thinking of getting a blank one and cutting out part of the middle and inserting a mesh screen in it. Do you think something like this would be possible?
LFiero67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2012 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LFiero67Send a Private Message to LFiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Also is it possible to make a aux gauge panel with three holes for 52mm gauges in it?

------------------
11.425 @115.60
Best 60' 1.543 seconds
3800 S/C 4T65E

New combo : Billet 6262 Precision turbo, PT1001 intercooler, ST1 cam, 130lb springs, comp pushrods, HV3, otherwise stock L36.

silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2012 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was thinking of having the vent punched with the hexagon to create a screen pattern in it. I need to figure out where I need to cut and notch it to clear my roll bar though. Otherwise I was thinking of getting a blank one and cutting out part of the middle and inserting a mesh screen in it. Do you think something like this would be possible?

Yes I think it is. I will have to draw up a proof for you and you can decide from there.

Also is it possible to make a aux gauge panel with three holes for 52mm gauges in it?

I have already done something like that. Can't remember what I called it or what file I saved it in.

Rich

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2012 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rich
Please let me know when ya ship my gauge plate. If possible post pic here before sending that way I can drool till it gets here.
THX
Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy
My LED Marker Kits for sale

silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2012 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Rich
Please let me know when ya ship my gauge plate. If possible post pic here before sending that way I can drool till it gets here.
THX
Danyel

I am running an auto cad/solidworks class for the next couple of weeks. I'll get the proofs done, and if the boss isn't around Saturday I will sneak them in. If I can't get them done and have to go through the proper channels it may be a couple of weeks. I have a student that will be a good "slave" to get some drafting done. WOO HOO.

Rich

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2012 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by silver 85 sc:

I can do whatever. I have the Ford cursive and the Chevrolet, the Pontiac obviously, and have done the S10 for a roll bar. I have done sports themes and even wacky awards for people. The one that comes to mind is a friend had me make a PITA plaque for his sister-in-law. He gave it to her at a family function. I guess it was hilarious. If your wondering it is really close to Pain In The Arse.

Rich

I'll try to get a diameter this week-end for the disc. PM sent on the Ford logo.
LFiero67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2012 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LFiero67Send a Private Message to LFiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please let me know when you get the proof drawn up. Definately interested in doing something rather than cutting up an oem vent to clear the roll bar.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2012 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am running an auto cad/solidworks class for the next couple of weeks. I'll get the proofs done, and if the boss isn't around Saturday I will sneak them in. If I can't get them done and have to go through the proper channels it may be a couple of weeks. I have a student that will be a good "slave" to get some drafting done. WOO HOO.
Rich

Cool.... just dont get into trouble over this ... THX
yellowstone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2012 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just found this thread - awesome work. Will send an order soon!

------------------

Currently being upgraded at Whodeanie Customs with many TLG Automotive parts

www.yellowfiero.com Pictures Modifications

PFF
System Bot
possumlips

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2012 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for possumlipsSend a Private Message to possumlipsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Just found this thread - awesome work. Will send an order soon!

Ditto...I need the 4 piece $40 set for a standard tranny in the metal that can be painted.I have a can of Krylon Xmetals in a green anodized (clear) metal color i want to try out on my '87 GT. Can you PM me a price with shipping to 74728 and a estimate on how long a wait? thx...jesse

[This message has been edited by possumlips (edited 02-27-2012).]

dyvyd13

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2012 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dyvyd13Send a Private Message to dyvyd13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
is it possible to make the gauge and shift surround out of diamond plate? if so please let me know how much and how long. thank you.
pm sent
possumlips

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2012 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for possumlipsSend a Private Message to possumlipsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent and answered ,thx

[This message has been edited by possumlips (edited 02-15-2012).]

silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2012 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know several people are waiting for orders. So I am going to give everyone a heads up. Work has taken several huge orders and have pushed the smaller orders out. Unfortunately my orders are in with the smaller orders. I currently cannot give a delivery date due to the amount of steel we are processing. Please be patient. If you wish to pull an order let me know. I found for March there are more hours scheduled for the lasers that are available. I am told that my orders will get burned this month. If that helps. And yes the 55+ hour work weeks are getting reeaaalllly old.

Rich
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2012 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Rich

Thanks for the update ... much appreciated

Danyel
taps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2012 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tapsSend a Private Message to tapsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks again for the update!
possumlips

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2012 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for possumlipsSend a Private Message to possumlipsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let me know when theres not a long wait and i'll place my order.thx
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2012 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally got some laser time. I will be shipping as soon as the cleanup is done!!

Rich
weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2012 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent, Sorry to hear your so busy! I'd love to pick your brain for an idea.

Thanks and keep up the awesome looking work!
gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2012 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Had a question on interior I have cut interior pieces here is a sample

Rich

shoot me a PM with a price on one of these.
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2012 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Finally got some laser time. I will be shipping as soon as the cleanup is done!!

Rich

YEAH !!!!!! now I'm starting to drool again ....

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy
K-beck LED Marker Kits for sale

taps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2012 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tapsSend a Private Message to tapsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i was wondering if you got my PM and payment?
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2012 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rich

Let me know via email or PM when my order is ready. I check email daily and PM's about once a week.
CocoFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2012 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CocoFieroSend a Private Message to CocoFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Rich,

Here's a mockup of the shifter plate I was thinking of. The Pegasus shown is the 2.5" version, which I will glue on.

I sent you a PM on an order.

Pat
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2012 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi For the badges:

Are they polished?

Thanks
Nolan
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2012 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can I get 2 of these badges, 4" tall?

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2012 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi, I have sent you a few PM's with questions and an order.

I'd like 3 stainless steel pegasus badges (3" tall), shipped to Whodeanie Customs.

One should have a stud added in the back for easier installation.

Thanks.

------------------

Currently being upgraded at Whodeanie Customs with many TLG Automotive parts

www.yellowfiero.com Pictures Modifications

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 02-27-2012).]

carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2012 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent.
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2012 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

To answer the recent questions, These can be polished and they can be made just about any size. Basically 2" on up should come out real nice.
Orders shipped today.
2 to Canada Danyel and Taps
1 to Georgia Carnut122
and 1 to Australia. James_GT

Rich
Bstrickler934

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2012 03:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bstrickler934Send a Private Message to Bstrickler934Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

Installed:

Aw man, now I gotta paint my car!

That's sweet, man! Mind if I steal your grill/leaf stopper idea?

How about a pricing recap:

notch or GT vents $50.00 per set 16 ga or 14 ga stainless customizing $30.00

Rich

So its $50/set for this style, then? Or is it $80?

http://images.fieroforum.co...0122_(400x264)_1.jpg

[This message has been edited by Bstrickler934 (edited 02-29-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2012 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bstrickler934:

So its $50/set for this style, then? Or is it $80?

http://images.fieroforum.co...0122_(400x264)_1.jpg

A set of unpainted, no mesh, is $50.00. Which is what you see in the linked image. The extra charge comes in if you want to change things and put your own image on them.

Rich

tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2012 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bstrickler934:
That's sweet, man! Mind if I steal your grill/leaf stopper idea?

Not at all, I am flattered you like it.

I also might have some more of that mesh left over that i would be willing to sell you if you need it for cheaper than having to buy a whole big sheet like I did. PM me if you are interested. (The mesh is NOT red originally, you would have to powdercoat it or paint it..)

You guys, Rich is doing a great service for our community.. his prices are fantastic and quality is very high. Thanks again, Rich, for everything!

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 02-29-2012).]

silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2012 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stay tuned, the 30th anniversary stuff is entering the drawing board. There will be vents, numbered keychains just like the 20th and the 25th, fire rings wind chimes, and whatever else I can come up with. AND yes I am taking suggestions.

Rich
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2012 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi, I haven't heard back from you or received an answer to my last PMs. I'd like to order these, polished. Can you please let me know how much it is shipped and where I can send a money order.

Thanks.

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Hi, I have sent you a few PM's with questions and an order.

I'd like 3 stainless steel pegasus badges (3" tall), shipped to Whodeanie Customs.

One should have a stud added in the back for easier installation.

Thanks.

James_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James_GTSend a Private Message to James_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

To answer the recent questions, These can be polished and they can be made just about any size. Basically 2" on up should come out real nice.
Orders shipped today.
2 to Canada Danyel and Taps
1 to Georgia Carnut122
and 1 to Australia. James_GT

Rich

Received mine today! Thanks so much Rich, they look absolutely stunning. Can't wait to install them when I get a chance.

------------------
James

RHD 1987 Pontiac Fiero GT

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Woooohoooo wifey says the face plate came in also has little extra
Thanks will post pics on my return
Danyel
Posted from my Iphone4s

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

MC2Rush

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2012 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MC2RushClick Here to visit MC2Rush's HomePageSend a Private Message to MC2RushEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any luck on my order? I have payment ready...
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2012 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rich- I sent you a PM about the Stainless Sunroof tracks you want to make...
a_bartle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2012 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for a_bartleSend a Private Message to a_bartleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like some awesome products. Thanks for all the time and effort put into making these items available...
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock