Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Personalized decklid vents and other things (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Personalized decklid vents and other things by silver 85 sc
Started on: 11-20-2010 09:55 PM
Replies: 482 (31178 views)
Last post by: silver 85 sc on 03-17-2024 09:02 AM
silver 85 sc

Feedback score:    (40)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2010 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They can be studded if that is needed. I will need to know what size and length stud you want,(I only have metric studs at work) and it will add $1.00 to the cost. Other wise the 3M double faced body tape works great. And I suppose I should make a trip to Northstar Auto and Paint and get some.

Rich

Originally posted by DLCLK87GT:

is there anything on the back of these for mounting purposes like a stud or just flat?

IP: Logged
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2010 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

silver 85 sc

915 posts
Member since Jun 2007
Found the leftovers from last summer

I have multiples of each except for the wind chime circle.

Rich
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2011 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump! Any progress?
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2011 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I keep pushing. I can't seem to get a commitment from my boss. He knew I wanted these last week. I will keep you posted.

Rich

Originally posted by tbone42:

Bump! Any progress?

silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2011 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a sampling of shipments this week. Just have a little cleanup to do.

Here are the standard notch vents for TBONE42:

Here is a set of personalized notch vents for TWISTED

I am very pleased the way these came out.

I also have the dash kit going this week. Can't get a good picture of it though. I also made some additional badges if anyone is interested.

Rich

P.S. the smudges are finger prints. I don't have any paper towels to clean them up with
reborngt

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reborngtSend a Private Message to reborngtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Which extra badges do you have for sale?
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2011 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by reborngt:

Which extra badges do you have for sale?

I have (3) of the 3 1/2" tall and (3) 2 1/2" tall.

Rich

tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2011 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They look good Rich, I will post installed pics of the vent covers AND the dash trim when I get them.
17Car

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2011 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 17CarSend a Private Message to 17CarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent about badges.
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for an OUTSTANDING product and excellent seller. I will post installed pics after a while (not immediately) but Rich took care of me and he will take care of you. A fast turn around, I am so glad I got my 4 piece dash trim set and vent covers from Rich. Thanks!
Also a '+' for your ratings bar and positive feedback left!
*extremely happy*

------------------
See what Tbone has in the Fiero Barn.. used parts for sale here:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/052343.html
Adventures in roof swapping:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/109675.html
Tbone Special Build Thread:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/082516.html
Restoring Indy #64, Parade Car #4
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/082851.html#p0

TWISTED

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TWISTEDSend a Private Message to TWISTEDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
im also pleased with the way they turned out. thanxs silver.. great work
PFF
System Bot
DandRauto

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DandRautoSend a Private Message to DandRautoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
silver 85 sc:

PM sent
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2011 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just saved some 14 ga 304 #4 finished stainless from the scrap pile. These are in perfect shape no scratches or dents. Pieces are 30 x 48. I can make vents out of these or if anyone wants anything else cut from these let me know. This is a little heavier than what I have offered in the past, but the material is very nice.

Rich
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2011 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dash pieces look verry good, i would love to purchase an interior/ dash set when you make them.wow, i like
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2011 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are the latest orders:

Door sills

I know not a good picture, but you get the idea.

GT vents

And another notch vent set.

Here's something my daughter came up with for her Jeep she is getting.

Rich
TWISTED

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2011 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TWISTEDSend a Private Message to TWISTEDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
silver is good at what he does.and a good man to deal with..thanks silver for a great product.
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2011 06:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump for great products
Foxy Fiero13

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2011 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
silver 85 sc u have a pm and bump =)
ALL_CAMMED_UP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2011 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALL_CAMMED_UPSend a Private Message to ALL_CAMMED_UPEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I might have to me me a set of door sills, are those polished?
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2011 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALL_CAMMED_UP:

I might have to me me a set of door sills, are those polished?

The door sills in this case are cut out of 16 ga 2b finish stainless steel. They are not a mirror finish. A 2b finish that is kind of a cloudy matte finish like taking a mirror and making it cloudy so there is not a reflection. The vents are #4 finish stainless. The only example I can give is look at the stainless on escalators and elevators, since the company I work for makes elevator and escalator parts for Kone/Montgomery. Also a lot of stainless refrigerators are made of #4 finish.

Rich

[This message has been edited by silver 85 sc (edited 02-22-2011).]

deathwishracing

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2011 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deathwishracingSend a Private Message to deathwishracingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im interested in the gear selector plate... Is it possible to have a custom logo put in?
PFF
System Bot
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2011 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by deathwishracing:

Im interested in the gear selector plate... Is it possible to have a custom logo put in?

I depends on what you are looking for. If you have something in mind email me and I can do an image for you to check out.

Rich

ALL_CAMMED_UP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALL_CAMMED_UPSend a Private Message to ALL_CAMMED_UPEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by silver 85 sc:

The door sills in this case are cut out of 16 ga 2b finish stainless steel. They are not a mirror finish. A 2b finish that is kind of a cloudy matte finish like taking a mirror and making it cloudy so there is not a reflection.

Can you/ do you polish the stainless?
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALL_CAMMED_UP:

Can you/ do you polish the stainless?

They can be polished, I haven't tried anything that big. I could give it a shot no guarantees. Mirrored stainless has been running $800.00+ per sheet, If I can find a partial sheet I could go that route.

Rich

craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
outlawfiero17

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawfiero17Send a Private Message to outlawfiero17Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by silver 85 sc:

Had a question on interior I have cut interior pieces here is a sample

Rich

are you making these as well? can you make all the faceplates? and maybe some way to dress up the side vents?
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by outlawfiero17:

are you making these as well? can you make all the faceplates? and maybe some way to dress up the side vents?

Yes, I am making these and have had lots of interest. I do not have anything for the side vents, however if you have an idea I will pursue it.

Rich

tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For the record, I already purchased a brushed stainless dash trim set from Rich.. and am very happy with them. Install pcitures coming in a little bit.
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2011 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a dash kit that is going out:

This is one of a couple going out this week.

Rich
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2011 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey rich she says sheepishly... here are the pics you requested months ago. they haven't made it to our cars yet thanks to the lovely Minnesota bleeping weather how much you charging for the interior set?

silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2011 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship:

hey rich she says sheepishly... here are the pics you requested months ago. they haven't made it to our cars yet thanks to the lovely Minnesota bleeping weather how much you charging for the interior set?

Wow! I didn't realize that the weather slowed things down that much up there. I still want a picture of the vents on the car though. Looks like you are going to force me to come up the this summer and take care of that myself.

Rich

P.S. The interior is going for $40.00 plus shipping.
PFF
System Bot
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2011 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On the drawing board larger capacity fuel tanks;

These will be produced out of 16 ga stainless steel with matching straps. There will be bottom access for the fuel pump. This is not quite final draft, the only changes I have to make is locating the fill and vent ports properly. The prints do not have them in the proper location. The estimated capacity is 12.5-13.5 gallons. So they will be slightly larger as I will be filling the fuel tank cavity as much as I can. I will gain capacity by moving the lip on the stock tanks to the inside of the tank. Thus gaining width (about 3/4"all the way around), and I will be going to square corners on the ends and top. I do not want to go square on the bottom for fear of cutting action on the straps/tank if there is any tank movement. They will be formed on a CNC panel bender for consistency. This is a 3 piece design. My goal is to produce these under $300.00. I am currently planning on having the prototypes ready for the Dells.

I am evaluating other parts as well. If anyone has suggestions let me know. I have had several requests for center consoles. I do have an '87 that I will be tearing into sometime in the future. I will make these out of aluminum.

So stay tuned

Rich

tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2011 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Installed:

Aw man, now I gotta paint my car!

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 03-26-2011).]

Raven88

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2011 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Raven88Send a Private Message to Raven88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for a great looking product.
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2011 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
silver85,
would you be able to cut the trim pieces out of carbon fiber if i sent the sheets to you and when cutting out the manual shift surround would you be able to not cut out the ash tray area (i will be doing a custom console and deleting the ashtrays)? and if so how much?
al

[This message has been edited by ace5514 (edited 03-27-2011).]

silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2011 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ace5514:

silver85,
would you be able to cut the trim pieces out of carbon fiber if i sent the sheets to you and when cutting out the manual shift surround would you be able to not cut out the ash tray area (i will be doing a custom console and deleting the ashtrays)? and if so how much?
al

I will have to look into this one, I am not sure you can laser cut carbon fiber and have it turn out right.

Rich

86gt2.85

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2011 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86gt2.85Send a Private Message to 86gt2.85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent regarding badges and stainless manual shifter trim.
86gt2.85

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86gt2.85Send a Private Message to 86gt2.85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent for items listed above. Order acknowledged.
Thanks, Rich
( giving ya a gratuitous bump TTT )

[This message has been edited by 86gt2.85 (edited 03-29-2011).]

ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks,
if you can just let me know. if not then maybe i'll got with something else.
al
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2011 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ace5514:

thanks,
if you can just let me know. if not then maybe i'll got with something else.
al

Here is the info I got:

:

If you are cutting just plain fiber without resin, no problem.

If you are cutting pre-preg fiber with uncured resin, it could start an area to cure.

If you are wanting to cut cured parts, the rate would have to be set to assure you don't induce de-laminations. Collecting the fumes will be necessary due the the off gassing of the cured resin.

But, most likely it will catch on fire ! It does burn readily.

The water-jet/abrasive method is most predominant for precision and large items.

Routers, saws, and mills with abrasive tools (preferably Diamond faced) are used along with jigs for both carbon and fiberglass composites,

There is a water jet in the area. If you want me to pursue this let me know, but I am guessing the laser cutting is out. I am certain that the fumes issue and fire issue will stop things at work.

Rich
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock