1 piece GT taillight panel by JPH87
Started on: 10-09-2010 01:57 AM
Replies: 259 (24069 views)
Last post by: a_bartle on 05-10-2018 02:41 PM
JPH87

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2011 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofinder:

interested in one of these. Was wondering what the method is for attaching this piece to the backs of the stock lights. I'm assuming it is bolted together so that it can be easily seperated for any maintenance.

There is just screws that are counter sunk around the edge of the fiberglass that go into the thick plastic of the stock rear I will take better detailed pics in the next couple of days but you can see it on page 2 thanks Justin
IP: Logged
JPH87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2011 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JPH87

292 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Originally posted by AjsFiero:

I am interested in one can you PM me with price and shipping though USPS to 85392 area code.

These are $185 shipped to the lower 48
NotYourDadsPontiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2011 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotYourDadsPontiacSend a Private Message to NotYourDadsPontiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not to sound cheap, but can I get a shipping discount if I order two of these panels from you at the same time? How much would the total be?
JPH87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2011 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NotYourDadsPontiac:

Not to sound cheap, but can I get a shipping discount if I order two of these panels from you at the same time? How much would the total be?

I could do that for $335
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PM sent.
NotYourDadsPontiac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotYourDadsPontiacSend a Private Message to NotYourDadsPontiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent, Justin.
JPH87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm replied your panel was shipped today thanks
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2011 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JPH87 -- ok I installed the tail light rear guts and the 6 screws ... I inserted the panel... looks just fine fits great .... my question is how do I attach the panel to the guts so they are correctly aligned for permanant installation .... I cant reach inside to put a temporary screw ...
Thanks
Danyel

------------------

http://www.tylerstoy.com

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post04-05-2011 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If Justin did not reply just yet, PM me, and I will call him for you. I cannot wait to see what you did?

Tony
JPH87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Danyel if you have questions beyond this call me at 509 370 0509 and I will talk you thru it. I Talk alot better than I type.The panel is made to fit with your factory tails back half you have to cut some clips off the plastic back the screw them together. After taking you factory covers apart bolt the backs back on the car and bond them together in the center with 2 part epoxy this is just to set there distance apart and make sure your bolts will line up. then take it out and place it in this cover which is trimed to line up with the back. counter sink some screws around the edge and its done you will then be able to take it on and of like factory. I will also post some better pics tonight or tomorrow that should help.
Letsbuildanexotic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LetsbuildanexoticSend a Private Message to LetsbuildanexoticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need one of these, PM sent
PFF
System Bot
Letsbuildanexotic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LetsbuildanexoticSend a Private Message to LetsbuildanexoticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Letsbuildanexotic

253 posts
Member since Nov 2010
Hey if anyone is good at photoshop, would you be able to through in some C6 tails, so I can see what my vision will look like? Would really appreciate it.

Chris
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AAHHHHHHH **slaps forehead*** I was trying to screw the panel on with everything in place !!! DUH !!! oki I'm not going to post pics yet ... gotta keep ya on your toes

Thanks JPH87
JPH87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2011 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok here is some pics with some direction on how to mount this cover to your factory backs
After you have your tails stripped down remount the backs and glue them together in the middle with some 2 part epoxy.

There are some tabs on the bottom that need taking off.

Then counter sink some holes around the edge of the panel

Then place the backs into the panel this is a tight fit put one end in first then work it in with a screw driver if needed then line up the back edge of the tail back with the edge of the cover. Then screw together. The plastic around the edge is thick and holds a screw well 4-5 on top and bottom and one on each corner should be plenty

There are some tabs on the car near the lock and 1 out towards the edge you can either grind them off the car or cut out the panel shown here

Now youcan bolt the assembly to the car just like the originals and the fit should be right on

Now depending on the lights you use you may have to trim some plastic out of the factory backs

Hope this helps I hope those that have bought them are happy looking forward to seeing these on some cars I think I have shipped out about 7 or 8 positive feed back so far but don't hesitate to ask if you have ?? Thanks Justin

Bodyman39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bodyman39Send a Private Message to Bodyman39Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi panel looks great I'm interested in buying one how much to 65610 thanks David
JPH87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2011 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
to the lower 48 they are 185 shipped
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2011 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm hoping to see a Notchback version of these. Any chance of that happening?

------------------
Ron

Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2011 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm thrilled with the way it came out Not bad for an amatuer. I'm going to wait till next spring to attach it with winter right around the corner. I also test fit the panel and it's perfect. I'll take some more pics next spring when it's on.

[This message has been edited by Gokart (edited 09-24-2011).]

Jfrost

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2011 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JfrostSend a Private Message to JfrostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks very well done, good job! I like how this looks like a stock assembly in appearance, at least to me.
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2011 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jfrost:
That looks very well done, good job! I like how this looks like a stock assembly in appearance, at least to me.

TKS! I like emblems versus a decals. They look more stock. These are stainless steel too.

JPH87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2011 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice work that looks really good. That was my idea to give you a blank canvus and see what happens very nice thanks for posting
PFF
System Bot
JPH87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2011 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

I'm hoping to see a Notchback version of these. Any chance of that happening?

Only if I end up building a notchy some day just don't sell enough of these kind of things to build a mold just to sale parts but if I do one for myself I will definately sell a few
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2011 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JPH87,
PM Sent.

Rob
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2011 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been so damn busy.... mine is still sitting on my workbench grrrr !!! Gonna have to wait a little more ... the previous post pics looks fantastic !!!
Danyel
JPH87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2011 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

JPH87,
PM Sent.

Rob

replied
JPH87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2011 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not in the habit of bumping but just wanted to make you all aware that might be interested in one of these I will make them until spring by then all the glass work I'm doing to my car will be done. Shortly after that I'm going to tare my exsisting shop down to build a new one so I will not be able to make these for a year or better just an FYI thanks Justin
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2012 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you PM Me some information about options an pricing to 78701 please? Thank you, Ben
JPH87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2012 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
jtsordel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2012 03:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jtsordelSend a Private Message to jtsordelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any possibility of a recessed license plate spot in the middle? Fieroseverywhere and I were talking about different rear bumper covers and valances and the license plate location on the rear gets in the way. I know Amida was also struggling with this for his new rear diffuser...

Just a thought that I would be very interested in...

Thanks!!!

Josh

possumlips

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2012 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for possumlipsSend a Private Message to possumlipsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have 3 gt's that need tail light covers. I'm having a hard time finding new or used ones that look good.I may have to go this route instead.GoKarts look great.

[This message has been edited by possumlips (edited 02-02-2012).]

JPH87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2012 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jtsordel:

Any possibility of a recessed license plate spot in the middle? Fieroseverywhere and I were talking about different rear bumper covers and valances and the license plate location on the rear gets in the way. I know Amida was also struggling with this for his new rear diffuser...

Just a thought that I would be very interested in...

Thanks!!!

Josh

I will take some measurements I have an idea on how to do this with my existing mold
PFF
System Bot
jtsordel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 03:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jtsordelSend a Private Message to jtsordelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome! Looking forward to what you can come up with!!!

Thanks!!!

Josh
Jfrost

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2012 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JfrostSend a Private Message to JfrostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump to keep this alive.
freedom0226

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 04:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for freedom0226Send a Private Message to freedom0226Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
love this thread. but how do you install lights after you cut the holes..
MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart:

I'm thrilled with the way it came out Not bad for an amatuer. I'm going to wait till next spring to attach it with winter right around the corner. I also test fit the panel and it's perfect. I'll take some more pics next spring when it's on.

All I can say is "Wow" and it's spring...

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel

Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2012 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I made some changes to mine https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...088932.html#lastpost
Look forward to seeing what others have done with theirs!
Joe86

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2012 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe86Send a Private Message to Joe86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are these still being produced?
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-24-2012 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If he doesn't reply by Friday, bump the thread, and I will ask him.

Tony
JPH87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2012 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There still being made just on a per order basis
Driver_WT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2012 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Driver_WTSend a Private Message to Driver_WTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like to order a talilight panel. PM sent.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock