Started on: 10-09-2010 01:57 AM
Replies: 259 (24069 views)
Last post by: a_bartle on 05-10-2018 02:41 PM
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
to canada YEAHHH HAWWW

edited: this PAGE is MINE !!!!! hehehehehehe and soon the panel too !!!!
------------------

http://www.blackwidowfiero.com

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 10-20-2010).]

IP: Logged
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post10-19-2010 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JPH87:

Hey Tony can I test fit this to your car just to be sure? I want to put it on someone's besides mine before I ship 1 to Canada

I don't see why not. All of my hardware is easily removed. Nothing frozen, bent, or broken, so it should be a great test subject. Give me a call tomorrow.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-20-2010 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for a friend, and to let him know that after the beginning of next week, I will be busy with diaper changes, and bottle feedings. And that is just for me. Wait until Benjamin is born.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony make sure you dont drop the panel !!! Treat it like it was.... MINE !!!! hehehehe
JPH87

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First one is mine but yours will be right behind it ordered more glass and gelcoat yesterday
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ahhhhh okidoki.... dont customers come first ?? J/K hehehehehe Thanks guess I'll have to wait ....
JPH87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2010 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First one is more of a test piece they get better after I lay a couple up, more consistant. As long as it fits other cars the same as it does mine. It will be less then 2 weeks.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-21-2010 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Danyel, Justin discussed your panel with me, and he absolutely will not ship out crap to you. The test fitting will go in a few days here, and only if everything is what he states, he will start making a few of them. JPH87 is one of the good guys. I will be sure to grab some pics...
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2010 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony yep I know and I trust that all will be perfect and more .... must be me ... all that drooling is getting to me i guess hehehehehe
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2010 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So around 2 weeks until these panels are going to start to be available to buyers? Not rushing anything I just want to make sure, trying to plan out my rebuild.
JPH87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2010 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

So around 2 weeks until these panels are going to start to be available to buyers? Not rushing anything I just want to make sure, trying to plan out my rebuild.

Yeah as long as the test fitting goes as planned. Pulling the first part out of the mold in the morning.
PFF
System Bot
JPH87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2010 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I took today off work and made great progress and was able to get over to Tony's and test fit the first one and it is right on the money. Here are some pics. The panel is made to fit with your factory tails back half you have to cut some clips off the plastic back the screw them together. After takeing you factory covers apart bolt the backs back on the car and bond them together in the center with 2 part epoxy this is just to set there distance apart and make sure your bolts will line up. then take it out and place it in this cover which is trimed to line up with the back. counter sink some screws around the edge and its done you will then be able to take it on and of like factory. Hope you all like what you see the fit is tight and ends look great. In the pics you will see the seam line from were the mold bolts together that gets sanded away when you prep for paint. The tape on Tony's car was just to protect his paint. If you do not want to sacrifice you factory tails I'm sure you can mount this with out them but I think its much cleaner this way.

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2010 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good God man, when you said Tony, I wasn't thinking of Tony Kania. He will have the most updated Fiero on the road with these and the TLG equipment. They look great and I do like the fact that they keep the factory rear housings.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 10-23-2010).]

JPH87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2010 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Good God man, when you said Tony, I wasn't thinking of Tony Kania. He will have the most updated Fiero on the road with these and the TLG equipment. They look great and I do like the fact that they keep the factory rear housings.

Tony is not putting these on his car or at least not yet. He was kind enough to let me test them on his car. His car is so clean I figured if the fit his car they should fit anybody's car. Thanks again Tony and good luck wed.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2010 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------

http://www.blackwidowfiero.com

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-23-2010 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I should have snapped some pics too. This is kind of a smart idea. The tape is only to protect the paint for trial fitting. Justin made the part, then brought it by my house to test fit it to my 87GT. There are no modifications to the stock tailights on my ride. (I did use IMSA GT's method to rid my lens' of delamination. ) Justin wanted to test everything before any orders could possibly be filled.

And............Just wow! If I would have known it would fit as well as it did, I would not have put the tape on my car. It was that perfect. It is not difficult to mount these to the existing light housing from the GTs. And that is the best part. If you have a tailight idea, this is a great step forward in thinking. Using the stock housings as intended. The panel is one piece, and the two vertical seems that you see, are just rough ground after the pull from the mold. When everything is put back together, the whole 1 piece assembly bolts into the factory locations, using the factory hardware.

My lock needs some serious attention. But at least it shows how well the valley for the lock cylinder fits.

No, the panel is not for my car. Having it up there got the old brain thinking though.

I can't wait to see where your minds will take you in custom tailights?

------------------

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2010 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JPH87 --- could you send the panel to me in 3 pieces.... that will cut down on length and shipping costs.... I will do the assembly ... thanks and this wonderful product ...its going to be a hot seller !!! Good work ... almost a masterpiece !!!!

Danyel
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2010 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008

This is the design that I might do... 7 segments per side on the yellows (chase) Pegasus lit up also

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 10-23-2010).]

JPH87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2010 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't send it in 3 pieces sorry you would play hell trying to put it together, but on the shipping is there a way to ship to you to minimize duties like as a gift or something. Yours is in process now and will be done on Monday
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2010 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know that United States Parcel Service (USPS) is the way to go ... it will take just a couple of minutes more to fill out the paper work.... I received Jesse's Lambo door hinges last year from a southern state ... the parcel was 36 inches x 24 inches x 20 inches and weighed 41 pounds cost 75$ USD for shipping so I will say that even in a longer box it should NOT cost more that the lambo hinges... UPS (Brown) will cost over 150$ if you ship by them .... When you go to the post office to ship (USPS) write that the item is a test specimen... It will cost me alot less ... Thanks for taking the time to go to the post office ..... I also received a GT wing from California cost me $41.50 via USPS .....I would prefer that method of shipping to me ...

THX
your canadian friend
Danyel

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 10-23-2010).]

nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks awesome!!! Can't wait to see more!!
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Imagine me
carbonfiber_kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonfiber_kidSend a Private Message to carbonfiber_kidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

This is the design that I might do... 7 segments per side on the yellows (chase) Pegasus lit up also

this would be SWEET!
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I might pick one of these up for future projects and put a layer of carbon fiber cloth for the final layer
JPH87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2010 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I might pick one of these up for future projects and put a layer of carbon fiber cloth for the final layer

For this to look right we would need to lay it up in carbon then you would get a smooth surface. you can lay carbon weave up just like fiberglass the carbon is about 10 times more expensive then glass.

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2010 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Carbon fiber would look sweet but would have to be the first layer laid down...it would be VERY hard to get it to lay in linear alignement .... tough to do IMO
Danyel
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2010 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

For this to look right we would need to lay it up in carbon then you would get a smooth surface. you can lay carbon weave up just like fiberglass the carbon is about 10 times more expensive then glass.

Originally posted by Danyel:

Carbon fiber would look sweet but would have to be the first layer laid down...it would be VERY hard to get it to lay in linear alignement .... tough to do IMO
Danyel

???.....I was saying that I would do this....I like think that I know what I'm doing for all these years seeing as how I make carbon fiber parts for all my cars. I would simply take your finished part, sand the final coat, lay the carbon fiber cloth, put it in a vacuum form machine, and have a beautiful part. I'm not asking you to do this. You would need a vacuum machine and the fabric and that gets very expensive. I just happen to have all of that equipment in my garage and you are correct, it would drive the cost of the part upwards dramatically.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 10-26-2010).]

JPH87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2010 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

???.....I was saying that I would do this....I like think that I know what I'm doing for all these years seeing as how I make carbon fiber parts for all my cars. I would simply take your finished part, sand the final coat, lay the carbon fiber cloth, put it in a vacuum form machine, and have a beautiful part. I'm not asking you to do this. You would need a vacuum machine and the fabric and that gets very expensive. I just happen to have all of that equipment in my garage and you are correct, it would drive the cost of the part upwards dramatically.

Hey sorry didn't mean to offend and your right on how you could do it. I don't run in to that many people that know there way around carbon. If you pick 1 up and do this I would love to see pics
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2010 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey sorry didn't mean to offend and your right on how you could do it. I don't run in to that many people that know there way around carbon. If you pick 1 up and do this I would love to see pics

Naa, you didn't offend me at all. Sometimes it is tough to type "feelings" on the internet. They get interpreted wrong. I will pick one up for my next project and lay down a layer to see what it looks like.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2010 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Carbon fiber sure would look sweeeeet especially with todays different colors and weeves !!!!
Turbowedge

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2010 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TurbowedgeSend a Private Message to TurbowedgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What about the guy on here that does the water transfer? That might work around the curves and such and keep the cost down.
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2010 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any Updates ?
donnie072003

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2010 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Turbowedge:

What about the guy on here that does the water transfer? That might work around the curves and such and keep the cost down.

This is his thread and his work is fantastic.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/053586.html
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2010 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
was bored tonight so I tinked a pic with fireworks of tail light design

still looking around for ideas though
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2010 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Turbowedge:

That is an excellent idea. I just don't know how large his dipping tank is. If he has a large tank, that would be the most cost effective way to modify the panel.
JPH87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2010 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Danyel you have a pm
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2010 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
for the panel THX
JPH87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2010 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Danyel panel shipped you have a pm
JPH87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2010 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JPH87

292 posts
Member since Sep 2008
Ok guys panels are ready Danyel's was shipped out today. I will pm everyone I have on the list. Pay pal is the easiest way price is $185 shipped to the lower 48 That's 150 for the panel and 35 shipping and handling. They are light but long I went to brown today and got quotes for all around and with the price of the box and such this is an average and will make it so I only need to get 1 payment thru paypal. First come first served so the first person to pay will get shipped first. I will have 3 ready to ship out on monday. I'm going to make enough of these to have them on hand so after this week I will have them on hand for quick turn around. If you have expressed intrest and do not get a pm from me send one to me.

Justin
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2010 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yahoo!!!!! Ok seriously time to start ordering supplies for my LED tail light project.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock