Color Coding Test by Cliff Pennock
Started on: 07-12-2003 07:49 AM
Replies: 52 (15139 views)
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 11-09-2017 06:42 AM
FTF Engineering

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2003 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff, Most times I go to the mall, not looking for anything particular, but just browsing.

I'm usually not looking for anything in particular... I may see a for sale ad that catches my eye, and I may see a WTB ad that does the same.

The point is that I don't go to the mall with just one thing in mind and because of that, the color coding REALLY slows me down.

I appreciate the creativity and the effort, but I don't like it.

I want to scan through the titles quickly and without distraction. I don't care if it's a FS or a WTB and the color bar completely separating one title from another really breaks up the continuity of a scan.

How about moving the color coding to a vertical bar at the very left edge of the topic column. That way you could still do an uninterrupted vertical scan of the topics and offer color coding for those people visiting the mall with one thing in mind.

Yet another viewer's humble opinion.

-Bruce at FTF Engineering

[This message has been edited by FTF Engineering (edited 07-31-2003).]

IP: Logged
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2003 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I appreciate the effort, but to me the color bar going all the way across is distracting. I agree with those who suggest separate groupings. But then, I am surprised there aren't more free items posted. I'll have some when (if) I get my garage reorganized.

Oh, um, how does a person get the bar on there?

FastIndyFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2003 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:
Oh, um, how does a person get the bar on there?

By putting "FS:", "WTB:" and the other abreviations in the subject line. It is automatically replaced with the little bar thingy.

FieroBUZZ

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2003 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBUZZSend a Private Message to FieroBUZZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Likewise, I wander thru to see the goodies folks have. The original big colour splash was distracting, the small bars are not too bad. I tend to look at FS or WTB rather than colour.

*HINT*
A nice feature for me would be a 'maple leaf' or something in the message icon spot to designate an item in Canada.

Gary

summerjim

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2003 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for summerjimClick Here to visit summerjim's HomePageSend a Private Message to summerjimEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about one for "EBAY:"?
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2003 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about letting us filter by type, eg WTB, FS etc so we can limit the items to the type we are interested in. Ditto in a search for the mall so if I want to by something I can limit a search to only items for sale etc.

------------------
Dave E

www.ltlfrari.com

SMorris

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2004 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMorrisSend a Private Message to SMorrisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff,
I think what ever you do is great! I even like the new color scheme!

To me, change is good! (except when they raise my taxes)

Keep up the good work!

FieroJuice

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2004 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJuiceSend a Private Message to FieroJuiceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SMorris:

Cliff,
I think what ever you do is great! I even like the new color scheme!

To me, change is good! (except when they raise my taxes)

Keep up the good work!

I agree!

------------------
BruceJuice
87 silver GT

freak4fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for freak4fieroSend a Private Message to freak4fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mine is not working you should see it on the first topic
Peasepod

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2008 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PeasepodSend a Private Message to PeasepodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Speaking of colors, I really have a hard time finding my magnifying lens when I run accross the editited (? blue on grey, small fonts) at the end of articles. I suppose I could increase the screen font size, but then I would loose the rest of the text, Can an early retirement lead to an early case of Alzheimer's?...Bill 1-85 SE: 1 -85 GT: 1-86 GT: 1-87 GT (just added), trying to locate the owner of an abandoned 84-AM4 econo sitting out in a cow pasture. Probabably never get an '88, no one leaves them out, or sells them cheap here in central Kalifornia! Too old for motorcycles, too young to give up FUN!
Turbowedge

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2009 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TurbowedgeSend a Private Message to TurbowedgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think what Cliff had in mind with the colors IS to break up the continuity, which I do like. But, I do agree with Peasepod about the color combinations. Just my .02.
PFF
System Bot
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2017 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The answer is 7.

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2017 06:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

The answer is 7.

No it's not. It's blowing in the wind.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave