Replies: 52 (15162 views)
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 11-09-2017 06:42 AM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As you can see, some subject headers are now suddenly colored. That's because I'm testing a new color coding system for The Mall section.

With this new color coding you should be able to more easily identify if it's a "For Sale", "Wanting to Buy", "Wanting to Trade", "Free Stuff" or "Group Purchase" ad.

For now, to color code your ad, simply start your subject header with either

WTB: (for "Wanting to Buy")
FS: (for "For Sale")
WTT: (for "Wanting to Trade")
GP: (for "Group Purchase")
FREE: (for "Free Stuff")

You can leave your comments on the new color coding sysytem here. I'm open for suggestions.

[This message has been edited by Cliff Pennock (edited 07-12-2003).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rodrv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rodrv6Send a Private Message to Rodrv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like it!!!!

------------------
Rod Schneider, Woodstock, Ga.
White 88 GT

AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good Cliff. How about a colour for FREE: So we can all jump fast.

------------------

White 86 GT 4 Speed Manual - Black 86 GT Auto
The Fiero Shop International - Jade Web Design
If you appreciate my contribution please give me a rating

Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool idea! Looks great!!
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very good idea!! I like it. And, like Aus said, a different color for free stuff would be nice.

Maybe this will help get rid of the space and time wasting "I'm thinking of selling..." threads.

Looking good, Cliff!

LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey wow, it works great!
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, added a color for "Free Stuff".
derangedsheep

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for derangedsheepSend a Private Message to derangedsheepEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i like it. it really caught my eye as soon as the page loaded.
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by derangedsheep:

i like it. it really caught my eye as soon as the page loaded.

I agree..that was the first thing I noticed. Great idea Cliff I really think this is gonna work out great!! If I could reate you again I would!

------------------
A coward dies a thousand deaths..................A soldier dies but once.
Red 86 SE
Yellow 87 GT
Gold 86 SE (wrecked)

Rainman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RainmanSend a Private Message to RainmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like it.

One suggestion: would it be possible to remove the "shadowed" wording behind the thread title? I think most people can figure out the abbreviations, and everyone will soon enough have the color codes memorized as to what each means. I find that the background wording makes it a little difficult to read the titles.

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Cliff!
PFF
System Bot
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post07-12-2003 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by JazzMan (edited 04-14-2009).]

rynelson85

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rynelson85Send a Private Message to rynelson85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love it!!!
-Ryan
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it's a good idea, but yeah, it's blinding me! Maybe just have red text for "wanted" (wanted to trade, wtb, etc..), and blue text for "selling" ads (FS,etc) maybe green text for free ads or something.. Just a thought.
Phil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For the senior citizens on the Forum, the green is a trifle tough to read.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phil:

For the senior citizens on the Forum, the green is a trifle tough to read.

The colors will change. I just picked a few random colors.

skitime

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff could you make the colored text be flush right instead of flush left? The letters get lost under the headings.

------------------

Red 88 GT T-Top 3800 INTERCOOLED SUPERCHARGED
White 88 GT Stock
Please give me a rating if you appreciate my contribution.
History of Skitimes Car UPDATED 6-20-03

Manic Mechanic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Manic MechanicSend a Private Message to Manic MechanicEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No sir, I don't like it. It makes it a pain if your just wanting to browse through. Constantly shifting from one color to the next gets kinda hurtful on the eyes. (and no I'm not old.)
Electrathon

Feedback score:    (39)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 254
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2003 03:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really like it IF the colors are more subtle.

Aaron

naskie18

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 194
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2003 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think its aweomse!!!!!! Cliff, you rule

------------------
Nick www.naskie18.com AIM: Naskie182010

Larry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2003 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LarrySend a Private Message to LarryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for always trying to improve the Forum, but I personally don't care for the added colors as it really slows down my scan time.
PFF
System Bot
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2003 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can see both sides here. If you are a "quick scanner", the colors can slow you down a bit. However, a lot of people are either looking for something they need, or something they want to sell. For those the colors are a big help because they can concentrate on the right ads only. Maybe I can build in an option where you can turn the colors off if you want. I'll need to experiment with that. Something like that will make everybody happy.
fierohutch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2003 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohutchSend a Private Message to fierohutchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i really like it
Manic Mechanic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2003 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Manic MechanicSend a Private Message to Manic MechanicEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe instead of coloring in the whole section, you could add another section that could be color coded. Right before the title section would work best IMHO.
stevenrossi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2003 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stevenrossiSend a Private Message to stevenrossiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think that next you should put a little flag icon to show where the item is from. I only buy things from Canada, therefore, I hate looking through each post too see where the seller is from. So, it would be cool to see a little flag next to the Title of the post showing where the item is located in. Perhaps this flag "tag" could be permanently placed next to the users name as an option he / she selected in his / her profile so that every post he / she makes will have the flag next to the name. This can be very useful in the Mall section so that people looking to buy items only located in a certain country, and perhaps only a certain state / province of any given county can find this information out a lot easier. This may be difficult too actually do, however, location identifiers for the mall section would be greatly beneficial, at least time saving. As for the color coding...it is very cool...it too is going to be time saving, that and it looks very cool!

------------------

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post07-15-2003 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by JazzMan (edited 04-14-2009).]

GrammarGuy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2003 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrammarGuyClick Here to visit GrammarGuy's HomePageSend a Private Message to GrammarGuyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's an improvement, but I think that seperate sections/sub-sections for: buy, sell etc. would be a lot easier.
normalicy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2003 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for normalicySend a Private Message to normalicyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the idea, but maybe you should keep the background color the same and just put the words for sale or for trade. Definately something that I wish other forums did.

------------------
What is normal anyway?

BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2003 03:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the color coding is a great idea, but I think it is a bit difficult to read the topic. Perhaps a color or symbol at the end of the row would work well... just my .02

------------------
BlueGT

jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2003 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hate to say it Cliff, but I have been avoiding the mall lately. Today is the first time I looked in it in a week, and after 10 seconds, I had enough.

Personally I find it annoying because it drastically reduces scanning time like was suggested, but the biggest problem for me is the contrasting colors.

I find it hard to focus on one to another much in the same way as reading a black screen webpage with white text, then looking at a white paged screen with black text, or even looking at PFF after the black screen...

Arizona85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2003 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arizona85GTSend a Private Message to Arizona85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its a cool new thing man, Its easier to pickout the stuff for sale great idea!

------------------

New Motor is In, Should be running by the end of next week.

Fiero Audio Needs AIM:" TARGET=_blank>www.pontiacsound.com

AIM: UnPrEDiCkEdAbLe
Email: adamwhitney84@hotmail.com

PFF
System Bot
derangedsheep

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2003 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for derangedsheepSend a Private Message to derangedsheepEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i like how you changed the color coding, looks better, thanks Cliff!
jlhuber

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2003 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jlhuberSend a Private Message to jlhuberEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What about changing the icons to the left of the suject line for those who find the full-length bars distracting? Maybe something like this:

F/S :for sale
WTB :wanting to buy
WTT :wanting to trade
F/F :for free

People could then see and chose what they want instead of trying to remember the code to get the correct header. As you prolly noticed, some people still either don't know or forgot them.

[This message has been edited by jlhuber (edited 07-22-2003).]

musicman_L7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2003 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for musicman_L7Send a Private Message to musicman_L7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the new small banners above the topic... A huge improvement over the first color code deal... But, ideally, I still like the idea of them being in seperate sections, for sale here, want to buy there, want to trade... etc.

Nic

Bernie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2003 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BernieSend a Private Message to BernieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not digging this color code thing at all.
I tend to skip over a lot of posts because the colors break everything up.

I agree that separate boards would work but it was actually ok for me the way it was.

------------------
Thanx
Bernie
'86 Fiero 2M6 SE, Man
'85 Porsche 928S AT
'82 Honda CX500 Turbo
TheDIYgang

GTDude

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 287
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2003 06:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTDudeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't like those tiny little scripts below the ad. I have a hard time reading them.....and I'm OLD ENOUGH.......I guess....LOL

Phil

------------------
87 FIERO GT 2.8 5spd
0-60 in 6.8 seconds!
87 FIERO CPE 2.5 5spd
86 FIERO SE 2.5 AUTO
87 FIERO GT 2.8 4SPD
84 FIERO SE 2.5 4SPD
If you found my advice helpful, please take the time to give me a positive rating. Thanks

Wudman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2003 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WudmanSend a Private Message to WudmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the effort to distinquish, though I thought the full color bar was a bit distracting. The small icon idea sounds pretty good. As far as a bunch of seperate catagories for all, that would not be good in my humble opinion. In the original form, the board let one read all. We could easily skim over topics in the Mall that didn't interest us. On the other hand, it did appeal to the implusive nature of shopping. Someone looking for an idea might find a 120 speedo that they sort of wanted.
Wudman www.fierodriver.com www.wudman.com www.thisisfun.com
maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2003 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A litle know fact-a good majority of men-30 and older have a degree of colorblindness. It isn't the normal color blindness, but has to do with being able to easily focus on 2 or more colors at once. It is especially bad with pastel colors. most people don't even know they have it. I know i didn't know, till I went in for a bad welding flash burn. One of the few times I can see colors correctly, is when I burn my eyes.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2003 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One thing that's always REALLY bugged me is knowing where the seller IS. Maybe replace the column with the note, caution sign, and smiley icons to, say, the postal identification for the state they're in.

For instance, Michigan would be MI, Texas would be TX. A country like Canada or the Netherlands could have that country's flag, since anyone in that country would know what their flag looks like.

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2003 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not bad, I thank you for trying something different.

I'd perfer the items to be grouped seperately,

Auction items,

For sale

Want to buy

Trade

Free

This way, I could locate the all the items that I wanted to view w/out sifting through all the items.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock