Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  The Rottin Resurrection (Page 11)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Rottin Resurrection by johnyrottin
Started on: 07-21-2013 10:09 PM
Replies: 691 (36754 views)
Last post by: jetsnvettes2000 on 10-19-2019 10:28 PM
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!
IP: Logged
jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Soon work will resume! I can almost see the car again it has been under 3 feet of snow most of the winter!!! I think in a few more weeks it will be warm enough to finally get to work! I hope anyway, this winter has been the coldest winter I can remember since I was in high school! I opened it up today and no critters got in over the winter so all is good now we just need heat so I can resume fiber-glassing! I am super close to finalizing the body work then it is time to focus on the engine and other stuff.

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 03-16-2014).]

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep...old man winter has been a tough ol' cookie this year. Some of the roads around here have broken up pretty badly. Looking forward to seeing the beasty get under way again!
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Winter has been killer here too! It's 43 Degrees here in March. Stupid Groundhog....
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stop it!!!!!!! every time we open this thread it reverts back to winter for 2 more weeks!!!!!!!! we are getting a bunch of snow tonight or tomorrow I guess yuck!!!!! I hate snow!!!!!! 10 years I am out of here and joining you fellas down south!!

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 03-17-2014).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let's buy a small house with a ten car garage!!!!!
86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

I'm in!!

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

But don't you already have a 10 car garage? Steve I get the top bunk!!
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2014 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish!
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2014 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have yet to see another fiero on the road except at a show
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2014 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by notwohorns:

I have yet to see another fiero on the road except at a show

Had mine on the road for about 3 minutes sat, I had to put a new battery in it and well it's still all jacked up grrrrr After Johns car is done and Chris's mine is finally going under the knife for its final transformation. Till then it is going to sit I think I don't have the cash right now to fix it anyway. Hey John fly up for the weekend!!! I got me a little bang bang present for myself for my b day!! Aaron is bringing up some of his toys from Kentucky should be fun!!! Oh ya and tonight we are going to get 3+ inches of snow grrrrrrrr!!!!! I hate snow!!!!!!
PFF
System Bot
av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2014 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

Stop it!!!!!!! every time we open this thread it reverts back to winter for 2 more weeks!!!!!!!! we are getting a bunch of snow tonight or tomorrow I guess yuck!!!!! I hate snow!!!!!! 10 years I am out of here and joining you fellas down south!!

Hey Rob I just got back from Tennesee, I checked out our burned out cabin and the property is all cleared ready to rebuild. It's one HOT property and it's for sale do you want to buy it? LOL!! I'm going down to Florida next week to check out our other property and for a little vacation in the heat. I'll be down there permanently before you! Seriosly though let me know when enough snow melts so I can show up to help with the rottenchop to git er done. Also don't shoot your eye out with your new toy.
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 03:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, it is getting close to build time again! We need it to warm up just a bit more and stop snowing! Monday it will again ugh.... Right now Steve started working on the 3800 mounts and I have moved the turbine wheels into the house so i can work on polishing off all the rust dean got on them off. Tires will be needed for them when that is finished up. i have a set of so so ones to temp put on for now tho.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got a update from Steve! the trani has been fitted to the cradle and it fits! the front mount was being made today so groovy! Despite the 4 inches of snow and flooding we just got nothing will slow this train down!!!
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here we go!!!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here we go!!!

It may take us old farts a while but this will be done!
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Rob I should have some weekends to help out available after Easter, I'll give you a call next week
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:

Hey Rob I should have some weekends to help out available after Easter, I'll give you a call next week

Sweet, I may be down for the count for a week or so here coming up. Found out today I need to have surgery asap on my sinuses due to some issues i have been having. No worries not dying yet but falling apart.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
So John can you guess what this is? Steve cooked it up for ya
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A toaster? Just kidding! I can't see pics on this computer. I threw it in Google and it looks like a bracket. Maybe an engine or trans mount or a lower alternator mount?

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 04-16-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A toaster? Just kidding! I can't see pics on this computer. I threw it in Google and it looks like a bracket. Maybe an engine or trans mount or a lower alternator mount?

You are getting warm!
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it the AC mount?
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Custom wheel chuck?
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Come on guys.....

It's a front lower engine bracket.

Steve
tshark

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2014 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is it made out of? Looks like steel, but the one side where is comes down from the top goes from black to silver. It looks like someone worked it over with a hammer..or are those stretch marks?

Just curious. I still want to see a Fiero with the aluminum frame GM was supposedly working on.
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2014 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Made out of steel. Bent with heat and a vice. No hammer.

Steve

Originally posted by tshark:

What is it made out of? Looks like steel, but the one side where is comes down from the top goes from black to silver. It looks like someone worked it over with a hammer..or are those stretch marks?

Just curious. I still want to see a Fiero with the aluminum frame GM was supposedly working on.

av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2014 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob and Steve, Let's set some time to get this done!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2014 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:

Rob and Steve, Let's set some time to get this done!

I have been working on it all week! were are you!!!! lol today i am working on gutting the harness from the interior, it is a lost cause and we have the one from the 86 doner car anyway so in it goes.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2014 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Psssst it's that time of year again................. So back on the Johns car! lot of work has been going on behind the scenes! Steve has the engine all mocked up on the cradle and now waiting for a few things before he tears it all apart and does his magic to the engine. I have been figuring out all the nagging details of making the hips work with doors that go up lambo style.

So, here is a pic of the nose on the car, I had to modify the turn signal buckets a bit to get the lights to attach like factory units. Now they will be serviceable just like the Sebrings they cam out of .

I figured out the gas door too, I gave up on frenching it and decided to go with a stock look. plus this letsme use the stock latch. One thing I have to do to make it fit perfectly is modify the hip just slightly at the top radius of the trim ring around the gas door. Basically just flare the hip out a tad more and then smooth it in along the top of the hip to make it look natural. You cant look at both sides of the car together anyway so the slight difference will not be seen.

SO, tonight I started on finishing the door skins with the hips. As I got going I was torn as what to do about the mirrors being the hip is wider into the door. Well, I think I figured it out and the stock mirrors look pretty nice with the hips so I will be installing them. Sometimes stock stuff looks best!

Tomorrow night I will prob start finishing up the drivers door skin and getting the handle and stuff on it and fitted then it will go on car for final mock up too before I put the glasss in the doors and the felts and wipes.

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 05-22-2014).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2014 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok so time to make the gas door fit these hips. First step remove the gel coat around the area I need.

Then I fiber glassed around the top blending it into the hip

After that I needed to fine tune it a bit so out came some mud.

It is kinda hard to see in pic but, right round the trim ring is now a raised lip the gas door assembly sits on and it is then tapered into the hip. Problem with gas door done onto the next issue.....

Remember when I cut out the front of the hip to gain access for gluing? Well that is the next project. I have the drivers side roughed in and now I need to build it out a bit and the door skip hip need to be filled out a bit to close the gap. Jimmy take note the door hip could use about a 1/4 inch added to it but no problem to fix up I just need to get to it and that's next on the table.
PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2014 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Day two of my bust ass instead of relax holiday Today I started extending the door hips to close the door gap. I have it close but have some fine tuning to do. As i do it I am trying to not use mud as this area I suspect will take a ton of punishment getting in and out of the car so it is a slow go getting it just right.

I am leaving it a bit fatter at the top of the door to help with strength.

Here is how far I have extended it so far I may go one more layer of fiberglass yet.

I have the right door almost were I want tit to be, I am leaving a bit of a bigger gap than stock tho as it has lambo doors and they tend to want to pop up right away I do not want to see it bang into anything
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2014 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
John, I have exhausted the 50 bucks i had left in the pot on fiberglass and hardener and rivets. I may need some moola for supplies in the near future unless anyone wants to donate a few things:

Door molding clips gt

One quart can of Wellwood contact cement

Headliner fabric grey

and Fill primer as I am almost done with fabrication and ready to prime after a final sanding and fitting and fine tuning all the body work.

far as I am concerned the car is almost ready to go up north for the engine and then when it comes back I will get with Mark about paint.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2014 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, the car is coming along nicely! That was a nice fix for the gas cap. I was wondering about altering the ring, but then the door would not be flat, so that would not have worked.

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:
So, here is a pic of the nose on the car, I had to modify the turn signal buckets a bit to get the lights to attach like factory units. Now they will be serviceable just like the Sebrings they cam out of .

I have the same bumper from JimmyS, as well as many other people on the forum. Can you post some photo's of exactly what you did for the marker lights? I had a really rough time with mine, and had to grind some of the fiberglass on the bumper away, as well as use a Dremel on the lights them selves in spots to get them to fit. Mine are kinda hokey the way they are in there right now, and would like to have them more stable, and as you mentioned, serviceable for changing bulbs without reworking the things every time.

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2014 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Wow, the car is coming along nicely! That was a nice fix for the gas cap. I was wondering about altering the ring, but then the door would not be flat, so that would not have worked.

I have the same bumper from JimmyS, as well as many other people on the forum. Can you post some photo's of exactly what you did for the marker lights? I had a really rough time with mine, and had to grind some of the fiberglass on the bumper away, as well as use a Dremel on the lights them selves in spots to get them to fit. Mine are kinda hokey the way they are in there right now, and would like to have them more stable, and as you mentioned, serviceable for changing bulbs without reworking the things every time.

I took a few pics but the hole for the main screw is not drilled yet for the nut plate but you get the idea.

This side I extended the back mount area so the original clip on the Chrysler light has something to grab onto and also to thicken the light mount hole so I could grind inside it to fit the lights better without burning threw I also ground off some of the back of the light case itself to help with fitting.

Here you can see how the factory clip now catches the bumper and holds it firmly in place. What I did to do this was take a few plastic grocery bags and put the lights in them, then I just taped the light into place and fiberglassed around the light to the point it would grab the clip and have enough meat next to it to be strong.

In this pic same deal the pocket side was extended more into the light case so I had enough meat to put a nut clip there for the factory screw to engage. when I grabbed the lights from the bone yard I grabbed the original clip as well so I know it will work. I still have to drill the hole and cut a slot to put the clip in place with but it will be were the tip of the screw driver is. I spent a bunch of time making sure the lights were flush with the front of the bumper I think I got it looking pretty decent so far but paint will tell when it adds a bit of thickness to it. SO, I may have to do a bit more fitting after painting but the mount either way is basically like the factory one due to me using the light itself to mold it.

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 05-25-2014).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well tonight no pics but I managed to get some work done. I cleaned the carpets to start with then I started putting the doors together the rest of the way. New dew wipes are in on right side, and stuff is sorted out for the glass chop top windows right side and the window is in but needs fine tuning yet. It is nice seeing a window in makes it look more done finally but wow is it different from the plastic windows. Everything is needing to be fiddled with. John Steve needs you to contact him asap!!!
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2014 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Roger. I think I have Steve's details but could you PM them to me just in case?
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2014 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Roger. I think I have Steve's details but could you PM them to me just in case?

Copy that, Sent.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2014 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
Tonight we hit a small milestone! the windows are in and go up and down and for the most part are adjusted!!! It took a bit of fiddling due to the Lambo doors but i think they will work good!

av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2014 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey Rob I should be up there around 9 am Sunday, let's get some stuff done
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock