Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Corvette ZR1 power steering rack: next project? (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Corvette ZR1 power steering rack: next project? by Rickady88GT
Started on: 01-05-2006 02:06 PM
Replies: 365 (34455 views)
Last post by: Rickady88GT on 10-26-2020 09:27 PM
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2006 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any idea when you'll have the boot extensions? I'm willing to wait for the complete kit, but just wanted an idea of the time frame.
IP: Logged
JenzGT2

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2006 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JenzGT2Send a Private Message to JenzGT2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi, Rick's wife here. Ricks been working 16 hour shifts so, he hasn't had much time to work on this. Hopefully, he will have the next couple days off to work on this project. He told me today that he is gonna have to take the boot extension plans to another machine shop as the guy that is suppose to do it just can't seem to get the time to get it done.

I hope that in the next couple days we will have a more concrete time frame and a shop ready to work on this.

Thanks,

Jen
Mrs. Rickady
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2006 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update. Again, I'm in no rush. I know how life has to come first.
Just wondering if he had a time frame. Tell him I said thanks for all the work he's done on this. I look forward to the setup when they're ready.

TG oreiF 8891

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No hurry here either, good luck prying Rickady away from his hobbies, ha!
Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2006 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, the shop has some of the boot extensions that are just about ready. A farmer dragged in some broken harvester that needed emergency repair. So I will grab the parts he has and try to ship 5 or 6 sets tomorrow? He makes VERRY little money on stuff that I bring him, but the farmers are his bred and butter so they are first in line every time. Even if his is actually working on my stuff.

THANK YOU very much for being so patient.

------------------

Spiff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2006 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpiffClick Here to visit Spiff's HomePageSend a Private Message to SpiffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

OK, the shop has some of the boot extensions that are just about ready. A farmer dragged in some broken harvester that needed emergency repair. So I will grab the parts he has and try to ship 5 or 6 sets tomorrow? He makes VERRY little money on stuff that I bring him, but the farmers are his bred and butter so they are first in line every time. Even if his is actually working on my stuff.

THANK YOU very much for being so patient.

Sweet. Now I have to go get a rack.

It's and 84-96 rack correct? I may just have to reread the whole thread.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2006 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't have a 96 rack, but I know there was some type of changes between 84 and 96. So, your best bet is to get an earlier rack 84-91. I would like to get my hands on a 96 rack just to see if there are any changes.

I could not get the parts out of the shop early enough and box and ship before I have to leave to San Diego for 3 days. He is still working on the farmers equipment.

If you don't want the boot extensions holding you back, I can still send the adapters without the boot extension anytime. Or if anyone is concerned that I am trying to scam them, send me a pm and I'll send your money back. I know this is taking a long time and could seen suspicious, though that is not what I am doing in any way. I should have just taken the blue prints to another shop a month ago, but he does so much free work for me it is hard to say give me my stuff back I am going somewhere else. Sorry, for yet another delay.

Rick
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2006 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not worried. I know you're good for it.
Thanks for all the work you've put into this for us. It's greatly appreciated.

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2006 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Formula88

Sent you a pm

TG oreiF 8891

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2006 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump, been awhile about a month I guess. Any news?
gascarracer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2006 03:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gascarracerSend a Private Message to gascarracerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have received mine and they look good.

------------------
Ernie

1988 Silver GT
One owner 47000 miles.
Soon to be a 3.4 DOHC powered.

PFF
System Bot
JenzGT2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JenzGT2Send a Private Message to JenzGT2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

Sent out another set today and I will be dropping off the rest tomorrow at the post office. Rick still can't get any more boot extensions, so we are sending out the adapters and brackets now. Not all the Corvette racks need the extension, so if you end up getting one that needs it you can let Rick know and he will get one out to you. Still trying to get a few made. This has gone on long enough and everyone has been patient. Thanks so much.

Jen

Mrs. Rickady

ricreatr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2006 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ricreatrSend a Private Message to ricreatrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awsome thread! with great info. i have read through the whole thing, and missed what i was looking for - a test drive evaluation.?
you have been on the road with it? (obviously if you are making sets . . .)
how does it drive? what is the feel like?
cool stuff
TG oreiF 8891

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2006 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you Rickady88GT. The adapters and mount look very well made. Now all I need is to figure out where I can duct tape a power steering pump on the 2.8...any ideas?
rjblaze

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2006 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just saw an add in KitCar magazine for an electric power steering "pump" that attaches between the end of the steering column and either a manual box or a manual rack. It looks like a great idea for our fiero's.....it supposedly is adjustable also.
Toaster_Man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2006 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster_ManSend a Private Message to Toaster_ManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Powersteering is nice, and an electric pump might be an easy way to do it. But the real treat with Rick's upgrades is that you get a faster steering ratio. You won't get that with a slap-on electric pump.
fiero-iwan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2006 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero-iwanSend a Private Message to fiero-iwanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a bump to keep this out of the archives.
Has anyone installed theirs yet? Hoping for some real driving impressions.

I havent found the time to weld mine in, when I do I'll post results here. Also is there an electic pump that attaches to the lines of the rack (not the steering column)? I Have am l76 with powersteering pump that I was going to use, however it looks like I will not be able to use it in the fiero as the alternator needs to be moved down for decklidclearance and dogbone mounting into the area the PS pump is in. I could move the alt to where the AC is but I would loose AC... Anyone else run into this same problem??

I may start a sepperate thread on this but just wanted to bump this excellent one first

Iwan
TG oreiF 8891

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2006 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fiero-iwan:

Just a bump to keep this out of the archives.
Has anyone installed theirs yet? Hoping for some real driving impressions.

I havent found the time to weld mine in, when I do I'll post results here. Also is there an electic pump that attaches to the lines of the rack (not the steering column)? I Have am l76 with powersteering pump that I was going to use, however it looks like I will not be able to use it in the fiero as the alternator needs to be moved down for decklidclearance and dogbone mounting into the area the PS pump is in. I could move the alt to where the AC is but I would loose AC... Anyone else run into this same problem??

I may start a sepperate thread on this but just wanted to bump this excellent one first

Iwan

I understand your problems, unfortunately I have no concrete solutions. I am going to pursue installing the MR2 electric power steering pump. The problems with it are that it either runs full blast all the time, or you need to control it somehow. To control it you can transplant the entire system from an MR2 (expensive and hard to find all the parts even in the US) or come up with your own circuit to control it. I still haven't worked out the electronics, but I have some friends who can help me with it.

As far as the L67, I have heard of similar problems, but you are ahead of me on the engine swap.

------------------
1988 Fiero GT
Cleveland Fiero Club

Daviero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2006 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DavieroSend a Private Message to DavieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rick, do you still have any adaptor sets? I have had a ZR1 rack for some time now, but am still completing a Nothstar install. The rack is next on the list.
Thanks, Dave.

------------------
Daviero - 88 N* GT

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2006 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daviero:

Rick, do you still have any adaptor sets? I have had a ZR1 rack for some time now, but am still completing a Nothstar install. The rack is next on the list.
Thanks, Dave.

Yes I have some left. I just need to make more mounts for the adapters. If you do the N* swap you can use the pump that is on it. Just run the lines to the rack.

cptsnoopy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2006 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
soooo very tempting!
PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2006 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cptsnoopy:

soooo very tempting!

HaHa. I would never have a manual steering Fiero again, 88 or not. The faster ratio is the selling point if you want less effort or not.

Daviero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DavieroSend a Private Message to DavieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rick, I PM'd you.
Dave
RUNDLC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RUNDLCSend a Private Message to RUNDLCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rick check for PM
Daviero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2007 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DavieroSend a Private Message to DavieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is this the date stamp showing this ZR1 rack is of the date 08/11/86?

It also has the number 7849001 cast into the input shaft neck, is 2 turns full rotation, and has about 4.25" stroke.
I got it as a freebe at the local yard for giving one of the owners some parts off my doner Caddi Deville.

------------------
Daviero - 88 N* GT

Spiff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2007 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpiffClick Here to visit Spiff's HomePageSend a Private Message to SpiffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump to keep this out of the archives
Madess

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2007 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadessSend a Private Message to MadessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rickady88GT

will this work on 84 thru 87's or will your mounts only work on 88's?
Madess

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2007 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadessSend a Private Message to MadessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Madess

2040 posts
Member since Feb 2004
has anyone tried driving it without it hooked up to power steering with the corvette rack? I may just have to beef up my arms a little.
fieroturbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2007 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TG oreiF 8891:

I think so, your logic appears sound to me. That's what I was thinking. I am not the electronics guru, but with all the knowledge on this forum, it seems to me that someone could make a controller work off the vss signal. It could control the current to the pump so it gave none (or very little) at speed and full power under say 5 mph. I think its possible, but I am more mechanical than electronic, so I am probably not the one to test it out.

Edit: Question: Would the pump wear out to quickly if it ran all the time the car was at less than 5 mph? Does it then need a mechanism to turn on when you start turning?

Ahh! I was hoping I could be of some assistance in this project... here's where I come in.

There aren't any widespread speed-triggered modules out there, but there are alot of RPM triggered modules, like the ones MSD makes. Could mod one, as the signal put out by the sender is a bunch of pulses, just like a crank sensor.

Another thing too, the sender unit is a small permanent magnet generator. Could just make a circuit to sense how much voltage is coming out of it, and have that flip a relay off.

My meter has datalogging capability. My Fiero is in the middle of an engine swap right now, but when I get it back up and running, I'll patch my meter into the signal coming out of the speed sender and see what is put out at what speeds.

I've done circuit designing before, so this is an easy one for me.

As far as preventing the pump from wearing out at idle, I guess something could be rigged into the circuit to sense when the brakes are on. Maybe have it turn off when the brakes are on for more than 20 seconds and the car is at 0 MPH.

------------------
Petty Officer Michael C Casaceli
Aircraft Electronics Technician Second Class
AIMD Brunswick (2007-present)
Patrol Squadron Ten (2003-2007)
United States Navy

Some Call Me Tim

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2007 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Some Call Me TimSend a Private Message to Some Call Me TimEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have come to this party late, but it seems that this thread has stopped abruptly. Has anyone finished with their vette rack install? How does it handle? I know it is a long shot, but Rick, do you have any more of those brackets and adapters left?
Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2007 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have something to contribute. I don't know if any of you have seen this before but have a look...
http://www.fierofocus.com/a...Power%20Steering.htm

It was sold through Saturn dealerships. Maybe you could buy parts?
Now if we can only find the rack they used on the fiero!?

The 2008 Saturn Astra (coming out later this year) will have electric power steering also.
http://media.gm.com/us/gm/e...a%20announcement.htm

[This message has been edited by Fieroseverywhere (edited 05-17-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
TG oreiF 8891

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2007 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroturbo:

Ahh! I was hoping I could be of some assistance in this project... here's where I come in.

There aren't any widespread speed-triggered modules out there, but there are alot of RPM triggered modules, like the ones MSD makes. Could mod one, as the signal put out by the sender is a bunch of pulses, just like a crank sensor.

Another thing too, the sender unit is a small permanent magnet generator. Could just make a circuit to sense how much voltage is coming out of it, and have that flip a relay off.

My meter has datalogging capability. My Fiero is in the middle of an engine swap right now, but when I get it back up and running, I'll patch my meter into the signal coming out of the speed sender and see what is put out at what speeds.

I've done circuit designing before, so this is an easy one for me.

As far as preventing the pump from wearing out at idle, I guess something could be rigged into the circuit to sense when the brakes are on. Maybe have it turn off when the brakes are on for more than 20 seconds and the car is at 0 MPH.

Hmm... some good thought in there I hadn't thought of. If you get to working on this, send me a PM or email, I'd like to talk about how to implement this kind of thing. Circuits are not really my thing, but the brake pedal timer thing sounds good, except that with my manual transmission, a lot of times I don't keep my foot on the brake. Maybe instead a timer on the RPM signal; when the RPM's stay below 1000 for over 5 seconds, idle the pump. How's that sound?
Toaster_Man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2007 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster_ManSend a Private Message to Toaster_ManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would think that trolling around a parking lot in an automatic, or actually parking, you wouldn't always take the revs up past idle. I know that when I do parking lot maneuvers in an auto I usually have my foot on the brake rather than the gas.
TG oreiF 8891

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2007 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toaster_Man:

I would think that trolling around a parking lot in an automatic, or actually parking, you wouldn't always take the revs up past idle. I know that when I do parking lot maneuvers in an auto I usually have my foot on the brake rather than the gas.

Hmm... good point. Any better ideas.
TG oreiF 8891

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2007 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bad news. I finally got around to looking at my supposedly 1993 corvette rack. I took off the corvette inner tie rods and was aghast to find...female threads? Hmmm, either I got hosed on ebay or one of the changes to the rack was to invert the threads. Unfortunately, both are possible scenarios, and since its been over a year since I bought the rack, I really have no way to complain or say anything. Hopefully I can still use it as a core at Autozone or something.

Good luck to everyone else with their projects.

Tom

------------------
1988 Fiero GT
Cleveland Fiero Club

fieroturbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...except that with my manual transmission, a lot of times I don't keep my foot on the brake. Maybe instead a timer on the RPM signal; when the RPM's stay below 1000 for over 5 seconds, idle the pump. How's that sound?

Something to keep in mind is that the clutch has a switch too. The Fiero has a ignition kill switch on the clutch pedal so you can't start the car without the clutch pedal being pushed in. Could just tap into that.

Sorry to hear the bad news about the rack.

I hope this concept becomes easily feasable. I really could use a new rack on my 88.
------------------
United States Navy

[This message has been edited by fieroturbo (edited 06-08-2007).]

TG oreiF 8891

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2007 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Something to keep in mind is that the clutch has a switch too. The Fiero has a ignition kill switch on the clutch pedal so you can't start the car without the clutch pedal being pushed in. Could just tap into that.

Sorry to hear the bad news about the rack.

I hope this concept becomes easily feasable. I really could use a new rack on my 88.

Yes, I had thought of that, but many times in a parking lot situation, where you need significant power assist, I would have already pushed in the clutch and be coasting as I turn into my spot. On the other hand, as I leave the parking lot, I sometimes have the clutch fully released in first gear as I make turns through the lot.

So, I'm still looking for an electronic solution. For now I think I am going to keep the wires for the MR2 steering position sensor, but not use them and leave it run all the time. There are some EV (electric Vehicle) people who have done the same (leave it run) although I think they put in a manual switch to turn it off to save battery power. I think the pump should have a very high duty cycle rating, so we'll see if I burn one up.

Thanks for your concern; the rack will turn out ok. I'll get a rebuilt one and use the old one as a core - still get more than I paid out of it. I am pursuing this because I too could use a new rack for my 88. It has sloppiness in the middle. If I tighten it down, then it is too tight at the ends. When I leave it loose at the ends, it is very sloppy in the middle.
fieroturbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2007 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If I tighten it down, then it is too tight at the ends. When I leave it loose at the ends, it is very sloppy in the middle.

My issue is, I can't tighten it down. The ring around my adjustment screw is stuck. Even tried Rodney's tool.

------------------
United States Navy

TG oreiF 8891

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2007 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My issue is, I can't tighten it down. The ring around my adjustment screw is stuck. Even tried Rodney's tool.

If it is significantly loose in the middle, you might end up with my problem if you could tighten it down. While I haven't tried it in the car, The corvette rack I have (wrong one for this conversion) is relatively easy to turn (similar to my tightened Fiero rack) without the power lines hooked up. If you are eventually going to do this conversion, you may want to think about getting a used rack, draining the fluid, and attempting to use it as a manual rack until you can get the hydraulics worked out. Just a thought, anyways.
mrseidler

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrseidlerSend a Private Message to mrseidlerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes, I had thought of that, but many times in a parking lot situation, where you need significant power assist, I would have already pushed in the clutch and be coasting as I turn into my spot. On the other hand, as I leave the parking lot, I sometimes have the clutch fully released in first gear as I make turns through the lot.

So, I'm still looking for an electronic solution. For now I think I am going to keep the wires for the MR2 steering position sensor, but not use them and leave it run all the time. There are some EV (electric Vehicle) people who have done the same (leave it run) although I think they put in a manual switch to turn it off to save battery power. I think the pump should have a very high duty cycle rating, so we'll see if I burn one up.

Thanks for your concern; the rack will turn out ok. I'll get a rebuilt one and use the old one as a core - still get more than I paid out of it. I am pursuing this because I too could use a new rack for my 88. It has sloppiness in the middle. If I tighten it down, then it is too tight at the ends. When I leave it loose at the ends, it is very sloppy in the middle.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock