How am I doing? by randye
Started on: 11-10-2006 05:26 PM
Replies: 304 (26974 views)
Last post by: randye on 01-05-2023 02:08 AM
CompYellowFiero

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2007 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CompYellowFieroSend a Private Message to CompYellowFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love it! Of coarse I am partial to Yellow ones LOL
I own Page 2!
------------------
Check out My website at http://www.auto-classics.biz/acmain.htm

[This message has been edited by CompYellowFiero (edited 01-12-2007).]

IP: Logged
David DeVoe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2007 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David DeVoeSend a Private Message to David DeVoeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What glass did you specify when you ordered your side glass? I ask because when I went to the safelight site there were a lot of tints to choose from. What would the original tint be called?
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2007 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by David DeVoe:

What glass did you specify when you ordered your side glass? I ask because when I went to the safelight site there were a lot of tints to choose from. What would the original tint be called?

I honestly didn't know there were various tints available. I just told them I wanted PPG glass and I think they asked me if I wanted untinted or tinted, so I said tinted if there's no price difference.
If you can get a darker tint, I'd go for it. It's far superior to window tint film later on and you really don't have to worry about adjacent glass matching it.

Randy.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2007 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13768 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Gorgeous car, absolutely beautiful but you rotten guys who live where there are palm trees, you aint real car guys like up in Michigan where we get to lay on our backs on freezing concrete or out in the mud shaking with chills and fever just to do the simplest thing which takes hours in the freezing cold. Thats dedication, not to mention that every single part of the car is rust welded to every other part and needs to be blasted apart. I could whine with jealousy like this for hours but I think I can hear you laughing so I'll shut the hell up.
Love those seats man they just look RIGHT in there. Gotta love it when a Fiero gets done right.

Thanks David, I honestly appreciate the compliments.
Tell you what, you come on down here in late July when it's 110 degrees in the garage and 95% humidity...... 2-3 hours of work has you soaked dripping with sweat right thru your underwear.
I've had to change clothes a couple times a day in the summer just to stand being around myself
You might have seen the big industrial fan I have in some of my photos...it helps a lot, but it also blows all the mosquitos and love bugs in the garage.... but then it's nice to have company when you're working late
I guess there's no such thing as a free lunch... we have nice weather in the winter but we sure pay for it during the summer and especially during hurricane season sometimes.

Randy
David DeVoe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2007 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David DeVoeSend a Private Message to David DeVoeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Randy, after I wrote that about palm trees I got to thinking about being in the Miami area for a few days one summer and what it was like and I guess I have to hand it to you for sticking it out. You're right no place is perfect although Hawaii comes awful close. About the window glass I'm trying to find out what the original level of tint was so I know what to order. I'm keeping mine stock.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post01-15-2007 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Randy, after I wrote that about palm trees I got to thinking about being in the Miami area for a few days one summer and what it was like and I guess I have to hand it to you for sticking it out. You're right no place is perfect although Hawaii comes awful close. About the window glass I'm trying to find out what the original level of tint was so I know what to order. I'm keeping mine stock.

Virginia Beach is pretty nice.

It gets hot and humid in the summer too, but probably not as bad as So. Florida.
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2007 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car is looking great.
Replied to your Email.

------------------

Happiness isn't around the corner...
Happiness IS the corner.

ZZ4 Powered !!

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Contractors here installing new ductwork in the old homestead, so car is out of the garage and a good time for a small update on my meager progress.

Looks good with the new Yel-"LOW" look since the springs are in. It may settle down a bit more once it's driven awhile.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13768 posts
Member since Mar 2006

New Fiero Store reproduction taillight lenses, (the "good ones") are installed along with new FS repro exhaust tips.
They'll never be this shiny again I suppose....
Trying out some red 194 bulbs for the rear markers but I'm afraid they will be too dim. We shall see.

I'm waiting patiently for those MsLori quarter windows, but D7 is getting very close......
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13768 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Interior is FINALLY almost complete!!
New Orief door tabs in yellow carry over the yellow Fiero logo embroidery on the Mr. Mikes seats very nicely.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13768 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Finally looking like a real interior now.
The crazy thing is it even smells like a new car inside now.
Still not happy with the satin black center console color and will need to refinish it with SEM "Graphite"
You can easily see the color difference between the head rests and the console here.
PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13768 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Not much space left to rent out in the wheel wells now.
New drivers door hinge pins and bushings are installed but still need to adjust the rear of the door up a little. (Note the door molding and quarter panel molding are offset by approx. 1/4 inch)
(Yes), I drilled and installed bushings in the cowl hinges too....holes "wobbled" out badly, so hopefully everything will line up nicely once the door is adjusted properly. Should even out those door panel gaps as well.
AutoTech

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love that color, do you have a paint code?
GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those wheels Look Great.
See you in Daytona
Gary
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Randye

The car lowered looks fantastic ! This car has so many new parts it is practically new !!

Totally blown away. Fantastic work.

Tony
never2old

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for never2oldSend a Private Message to never2oldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you change your mind on the first set of taillights pictured?
Nice job.Looks great.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AutoTech:

I love that color, do you have a paint code?

Sorry I don't have the exact code at hand, but the color is Corvette "Millennium Yellow"

I'll look for the code on one of the paint cans when it goes back for final buffing next week.

Randy
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13768 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Originally posted by never2old:

Did you change your mind on the first set of taillights pictured?
Nice job.Looks great.

Yes, I did change my mind. I decided to try another custom mod later on where 2 round lights are installed behind the clear stock lens covers where the yellow and red lenses presently are. It looks like a much cleaner and professional installation to me....if I can do it For now I'm going to run with the stock taillights and tinker some more with this on some old parts.

Randy
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13768 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Originally posted by GKDINC:

Those wheels Look Great.
See you in Daytona
Gary

Thanks Gary!
I'm determined to have it ready for D7. Time is *not* my friend right now
Fiero_Adam

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice! You have a great eye for detail. The interior looks great with that color combo. Is that ACC carpet that you used? What shade of grey is that?

------------------

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

One more progress pic for now. (Just an enlargement of a previous photo)
All new switches and switch plates in the dash and console. Note the 84' style black Delco headlight switch, (still available new from Advance Auto Parts here in FL)
New turn signal / cruise stalk
You can't see it here but the hazzard switch knob is new, along with the ignition lock cylinder, (and keys)
New Fiero Store ash tray doors
Aluminum pedals, which may need to be removed as it is difficult to fit my fat right foot onto the "go" pedal...oh well, it seemed like a good idea at the time....
I.P. cluster panel, aux gage panel, radio panel and shifter console panel are painted in SEM satin black.
I was a bit worried about having a few different shades of gray along with the charcoal black, but the whole thing seems to work together ok now that it's all in.
The gage needles are badly faded and I was going to repaint them fluroescent red, but I found some nice fluroescent yellow that I may use to carry over some more touches of the yellow accent theme in the interior like the seat stitching and door tabs. The trick is to not over-do it with accents, and keep it tasteful and clean.

The matching floor mats blend with the carpet so well it looks like they're not there !
PFF
System Bot
PerKr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 05:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PerKrClick Here to visit PerKr's HomePageSend a Private Message to PerKrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great looking car!

are my eyes playing tricks on me or is that an auto? where did you get that shift knob?
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero_Adam:

Very nice! You have a great eye for detail. The interior looks great with that color combo. Is that ACC carpet that you used? What shade of grey is that?

The carpet is from Automotive Interiors and Accessories, as recommended by Mr. Mikes

www.automotiveinteriors.com

The color is # 877 "Dove Gray" which was recommended as closest to the stock Fiero dark gray.

Tell em Mr. Mike sent you and they have free shipping.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13768 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Originally posted by PerKr:

Great looking car!

are my eyes playing tricks on me or is that an auto? where did you get that shift knob?

Yes, it's an automatic. The shift handle is one of a few billet aluminum universal ones made for automatics. They're usually easily available over here in the states at most auto parts stores.
I seem to recall this one was approx. $15 USD
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Looks GREAT!!!
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:

Looks GREAT!!!

Must be those door tabs that make it really stand out huh?

I really like them. Thanks!

Randy

------------------
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic,
except for my friends deep inside the earth.

David DeVoe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David DeVoeSend a Private Message to David DeVoeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm telling you Randy, I just can't get enough of looking at your car. It's been done with taste and class and shows it in every detail. Looking at your car makes me wonder what GM was using for brains when they cancelled the program and also makes me wonder when the Fiero will get the respect it deserves. One day I hope one of mine looks as good.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hopefully randy you can make it over to a meeting before d-7 ??
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm telling you Randy, I just can't get enough of looking at your car. It's been done with taste and class and shows it in every detail. Looking at your car makes me wonder what GM was using for brains when they cancelled the program and also makes me wonder when the Fiero will get the respect it deserves. One day I hope one of mine looks as good.

David,

Thanks again for the compliments. I'm really honored that some folks like what I've done with the car. It's very encouraging to me.

There are a lot of talented people on this forum that have built some astonishing cars. I don't think that I've done anything extraordinary with this car and certainly nothing that hasn't already been done by others. After all, I've learned almost everything I know about Fieros right here. As I said at the beginning of this thread, this is my first Fiero, so it's not perfect by a long shot.

Randy

------------------

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bump for anybody who has not seen this gorgeous ride.

I agree this is a fiero rebuild done right.

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Bump for anybody who has not seen this gorgeous ride.

I agree this is a fiero rebuild done right.

Gee Thanks Tony !!

The car has come a long way since the last update.
I'll try to have some more photos to post soon.

Randy

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Mike OHIO

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
really nice looking! maybe re-cover your front speaker grilles? they look faded. i think rodney has the fabric to do it.
Mike OHIO

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mike OHIO

1089 posts
Member since Jul 2005

Originally posted by Mike OHIO:

really nice looking! maybe re-cover your front speaker grilles? they look faded. i think rodney has the fabric to do it.

edit: just read you already did this- and you cmommented on how they look purple in the pics. sorry! again, very clean car!
FormulaGT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2007 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaGTSend a Private Message to FormulaGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice car. Your long hours and hard work are clearly evident. Please update with more pics.
crytical point

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2007 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crytical pointSend a Private Message to crytical pointEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Working on a car in FL durring the summer is harsh, about 2 years ago I was getting my friends car ready for the db Drag and it was 100+ with really high humidity and I got locked in the trunk for about 30 min. After beating on the car for a while my friend finnaly showed and let me out. It was a 94 thunderbird and I was wiring the motorized trunk and I HAD the battery disconnected but there was a reserve charge left in a capacitor and it turned the motor on and locked me in. I would guess it was about 130 in there but im use to working on cars in the hot weather but that was the worse.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2007 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by crytical point:

Working on a car in FL durring the summer is harsh, about 2 years ago I was getting my friends car ready for the db Drag and it was 100+ with really high humidity and I got locked in the trunk for about 30 min. After beating on the car for a while my friend finnaly showed and let me out. It was a 94 thunderbird and I was wiring the motorized trunk and I HAD the battery disconnected but there was a reserve charge left in a capacitor and it turned the motor on and locked me in. I would guess it was about 130 in there but im use to working on cars in the hot weather but that was the worse.

You're lucky to be alive to type that posting...

I've come right to the razors edge of heat stroke numerous times working in the garage this past summer. I can't imagine being locked in a trunk!!
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2007 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
VERY NICE! I really like what you are doing! I'm looking forward to seeing it in person in Daytona.

Too bad our cars will never meet :-)

What about a pic of my boxes?

------------------

www.yellowfiero.com
17" DEZENT T wheels with 215/40 tires front and 235/45 rear, KONI shocks, EIBACH lowering springs, drilled/slotted rotors, SS brake hoses. PU dog bone, all bushings and engine mounts, K&N air and oil filters, Rebuilt&blueprinted V6, BORLA exhaust. Mercedes SLK yellow paintjob, Mr. Mikes leather seats, door skins, shift and e-brake boots. MP3 deck and custom subwoofer behind passenger seat, F355 style front, Aus' Stage 2 side scoops, "Fie Ro" extractor front scoop. Fiero Store rear swaybar, strut tower brace, black carpet, air intake. Rodney Dickman's competition short shifter, SS vacuum lines and deck lid strut. Billet aluminum dash kit from Kitcarman.

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2007 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE TIME

Today was a big day for the project.
The car is finally pretty much roadworthy, so I took it out to have the 4 wheel alignment done this morning.
The technician at the shop I went to has owned several Fieros and knows them very well so that was a stroke of good luck, plus I got an excellent alignment.
Once the alignment was done I couldn't resist taking it out for a "shake down" drive so I drove up to Springhill to see my friend and fellow PFF member CarolinaJoe.

Joe was busy working on his next "secret project" Fiero and swore me to secrecy, so this is all I was allowed to photograph

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 02-24-2007).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2007 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13768 posts
Member since Mar 2006
Since I didn't have a security clearance from Joe, I wasn't allowed to shoot any more photos so it was back outside to shoot some pics of my car on a nice warm Florida Saturday.

The car has dropped to a very nice stance now since the alignment.

A better view of the interior out in the sunlight finally.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 02-24-2007).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2007 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13768 posts
Member since Mar 2006
I'm really happy with the decison to go "wingless" on the car now. I think the lines of the car are much cleaner now, but that's just my personal preference.

Another interior shot. I put the old shift knob back in for this drive today. Need to work on the fit of the new custom billet aluminum shift handle a bit more.

Joe shot a photo of "The man behind the Fiero" I was told my shirt is the wrong shade of yellow to match the car. It's the only yellow shirt I have!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock