Started on: 07-23-2006 10:07 PM
Replies: 206 (15642 views)
Last post by: Back On Holiday on 03-31-2014 10:09 PM
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been slacking on my build thread post, between my digital camera disappearing somewhere and my constant non stop working on this car - so here we go:

started back in feb '06 installing/experimenting with door speakers and a set of bonneville door panels:
Link:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/070925.html

(if you wish to see how to move the window motors click the post above, otherwise heres some more pics

[This message has been edited by Back On Holiday (edited 03-20-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I started a post about 3rd brake led light from a caddy sts, Dan Bunker's car:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/071524.html

after many hours of experimenting I believe to have done this also (95% done as of last night minus preping for painting)
pics to follow further in thread

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back On Holiday

6238 posts
Member since Jul 2001
Next was an unexpected road trip to get a set of T-tops, there was a list of people who wanted to get these but didnt come through, when he posted final bump I PM'd him with my cell number and he called, and I picked them up the next day. I was originally just going to keep the sunroof but I couldnt resist getting these

(the 4sale thread)
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/030545.html

my install thread:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/072524.html

Pics:

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back On Holiday

6238 posts
Member since Jul 2001
Right there is where I lost my digital camera, pretty ticked off that I had to buy a new one after looking many hours over several months for it.
so now we jump to July '06 - I swapped this to an auto from a 5 speed getrag because I wanted my wife to be able to drive it, and she doesnt drive stick. I also drive a manual truck ALL day, so sometimes its nice to just relax and use a crapomatic for my 1 hour drive home.

heres my post about "Help I have auto harnass on engine, but manual harnass under the dash problem - no start because of neutral safety switch etc..."

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/074824.html

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back On Holiday

6238 posts
Member since Jul 2001
heres pics of the 3rd brake light mod. I did not take "Final" pics yet, just test pics of fitting and things.

heres the wing showing the 3 access panels open (so that you can remove the LED light for replacement)

heres another view of the access panels

heres a view of the aluminum brackets inside

heres a view of the 3rd brake light basicly just "Sitting" inside, without being mounted all the way in.

heres another test fitting

heres a pic of me after measuring and having to sand 1/4 of an inch off the top part of the wing, and also round off the ends 1/4 of an inch also using the belt sander... lol hold your breath!

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back On Holiday

6238 posts
Member since Jul 2001
Preping for painting! (todays long chore!)

actually, this bumper has 4 layers of paint on it, my son is helping out although not much with a dinky mouse sander - thankfully this is the only MAJOR sanding we had to do (took a good portion of the day to do)

will be posting more pics, have yet to post pics of the car sitting out in the lawn (should have done it today but in a rush)

oh, and btw my 60ish year old house is the oddball house in the neighborhood surrounded by new development

motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:
oh, and btw my 60ish year old house is the oddball house in the neighborhood surrounded by new development

Don't ya just love it, when you buy a house in the middle of nowhere and a subdivision pops up around you! Iv'e got a friend that bought property , that at one time didn't have any other houses within 3/4 of a mile in any direction. Now he has to deal with covenent controls and ( Grrrr ) the HOA,homeowners asociation. He'd sell if it wasn't for the fact that he has a small fotune tied up in the place, he has two shop buildings totaling about 2500 sq ft. It's one helluva' home shop!!!

Looks like your project is coming along nicely.

Cheers Beers n Gearz. Joe
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2006 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's nice. How much did you get the Caddy's brake lamp for and what year?
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2006 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

That's nice. How much did you get the Caddy's brake lamp for and what year?

came out to around $30, they tried to wheel and deal with me and I told em I dont know if it even works. ended up having to repair a short in it anyway (prob why they didnt originally pull it off the car) I believe it was a '93 or 94 STS
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2006 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back On Holiday

6238 posts
Member since Jul 2001

Originally posted by motoracer838:

Don't ya just love it, when you buy a house in the middle of nowhere and a subdivision pops up around you! Iv'e got a friend that bought property , that at one time didn't have any other houses within 3/4 of a mile in any direction. Now he has to deal with covenent controls and ( Grrrr ) the HOA,homeowners asociation. He'd sell if it wasn't for the fact that he has a small fotune tied up in the place, he has two shop buildings totaling about 2500 sq ft. It's one helluva' home shop!!!

Looks like your project is coming along nicely.

Cheers Beers n Gearz. Joe

im lucky, im not part of the subdivision just backed into the corner of it, thankfully the home owners ASSociation cant do squat to me, only the township ordinances and my old lady can force me into not keeping 10 fieros in the back yard!

thx joe.
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2006 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cool stuff, keep the pictures coming.
PFF
System Bot
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2006 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New update, the delay: preping and painting. almost threw in the towel on painting! what a chore! I have great respect now for anyone who does thier own paint jobs.

oh, pics? had my dad help me, and we did a pretty good job. - btw just noticed the spots on the camera lense, so disregard them.
finished up last night around midnight, gave it another 16 hours to dry and tonight my son and I started installing!

heres the parts out on the tarp (a standby place while I work in garage, when im done back they go in the garage for protection!)

heres a pic of the front fascia we just installed (mostly)

my son posing (this is 11:30pm) he is a big helper

another pic

son showing off......

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2006 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Good luck with it - it must be the fastback cousin to my Blue Demon

~ Jen
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2006 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's lookin' good keep the pics comin'.

it's good to have an open mind,
just not so open that your brains fall out. Joe
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2006 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Little slacking as my goal to get to POCI and Kick hill was a priority, heres some pics pre-road trip:

heres a pic of the front mounted battery, and the compressor for the air horn.....

heres pics at POCI

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2006 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back On Holiday

6238 posts
Member since Jul 2001

Heres me with the Blue Devil

heres me and my son accepting 3rd place in custom Fiero

heres my son holding the trophy.

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2006 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back On Holiday

6238 posts
Member since Jul 2001
heres a pic of the brake lights with the trophy sitting on the wing.

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2006 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back On Holiday

6238 posts
Member since Jul 2001

Originally posted by Fierochic88:

Good luck with it - it must be the fastback cousin to my Blue Demon

~ Jen

phew, almost named it Blue Demon - local high schools mascot is blue demon though so decided not to - glad I did
Fierobruiser

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2006 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobruiserSend a Private Message to FierobruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks real good Andrew, where was the POCI show?

edit: nvermind, I just saw your other thread.
------------------
Notchbacks RULE

"Let a man drive a Fiero and he'll own one.
Teach a man to fix a Fiero and he'll own eight....errr...nine."

[This message has been edited by Fierobruiser (edited 08-17-2006).]

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2006 02:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
beautiful blue!
and its nice to see son helping as well!
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2006 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

phew, almost named it Blue Demon - local high schools mascot is blue demon though so decided not to - glad I did

Yeah that woulda been confusing since all teh signage for my car says that :-)

It looks real nice!

~ jen
PFF
System Bot
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2006 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
going to pop this up top
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2006 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

heres a pic of the brake lights with the trophy sitting on the wing.

Nice work using the Caddy third brake lamp and you're choice of paint.
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2006 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Nice work using the Caddy third brake lamp and you're choice of paint.

thank you, compliments from an expert like you make the hard work to do this worth the time

btw, i've not buffed it yet, and im a newbie - any suggestions on buffer/type/speed etc and what is best to use?

Thanks again
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2006 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update: see the new power I will be putting in this

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2006 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
11/16/06 Got this stuff from Local Junkyard for swap:

wiccantoy

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2006 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wiccantoySend a Private Message to wiccantoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sniff sniff . i will miss that engine and tranny . dont know what to put into my t-top yet since thats gone.

------------------

COMING SOON: 4.9 complete rebuild with buds outback northstar pistons , delta cams E303 cam , full ported , polished , and flow tested heads and manifolds. rockcrawl's custom chip
86 and 87 fiero database www.geocities.com/cwandall/fiero.html

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2006 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wiccantoy:

sniff sniff . i will miss that engine and tranny . dont know what to put into my t-top yet since thats gone.

it got a good home, my son is dying to start the project.
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2006 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2007 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 3800sc Swap has begun tonight!

First thing we do, we remove the 3800 throttle Body and in the 3rd pic attempting to put on the N* throttle body adapter, woops we screwed it up, we need to remove the original studs and use the hardware provided.... lol. 4th pic im showing the adapter, with the studs still there.
we then do it correctly using the hardware provided (hex) and finally done. next couple pics show the engine as we remove some of the uglier parts of the engine like the purge for the SC, the ugly over the top fuel rails, EGR and removed the bulky water part(dunno what its called) that sits where the alternator will go, tomorrow the engine goes down the road to have freeze plugs put in the two places that are now exposed, last pic shows a temporary engine eye lift i'll use to move the engine into the van tomorrow morning.

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2007 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back On Holiday

6238 posts
Member since Jul 2001

PFF
System Bot
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2007 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back On Holiday

6238 posts
Member since Jul 2001
Zachary wanted me to get a close up of his tooth gap, he lost a front baby tooth tonight.

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2007 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
more work today:

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2007 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back On Holiday

6238 posts
Member since Jul 2001

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2007 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back On Holiday

6238 posts
Member since Jul 2001
Remember that AC Compressor I bought at the junkyard lol - Before:

Closeup:

After Cleanup and Install!

Boomtastic

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2007 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking really nice!

------------------

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fedex Ground delievered two packages yesterday, Scanner:

Axles!

Today Machine shop chopped the mount off:

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This afternoon we began the disassembly, first I had to clear the car bay and get the last of the fiberglass up in the rafters then move all the crap from that bay to the other side of the garage where the blue devil resided all winter (so far) out goes the blue devil in the driveway while we do that, almost done and GDI the first real snow this winter and its the few hours the blue devil sits outside...... yes theres an Amish buggy in the background!

Amish Buggy again:

more progress!

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back On Holiday

6238 posts
Member since Jul 2001
double post

[This message has been edited by Back On Holiday (edited 01-21-2007).]

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2007 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today, removed cradle from the car

Does this mean bad head gasket? if so, glad I decided to pull it!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock