Started on: 07-23-2006 10:07 PM
Replies: 206 (15656 views)
Last post by: Back On Holiday on 03-31-2014 10:09 PM
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Updated stuff:
T-Top Holder project

inserts for the B pillar trim

some things painted

IP: Logged
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2008 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, the T-top holders came together nicely Its amazing what you can make out of some foam and fiberboard
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2008 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xerces_Blackthorne:

Wow, the T-top holders came together nicely Its amazing what you can make out of some foam and fiberboard

heres the pic so everyone else can see:

heres something else:

didnt get much else done, I was in the shower before Xerces had left my driveway (I have a bad sinus cold) and I crashed until 7pm, went looking for my missing cat, came back and went to sleep.
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2008 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Headliner work! - since my headliner is in two pieces, I had to do the back side first, and now onto the front... glued most of it down to the visors, next step is removing the entire thing and gluing the remainder of the material.

fixing some large spots, adding support to underneath (green stuff = short strand fiberglass putty crapo)

Measuring up the foam for the armrest

Fit pic inside the car

Adding support 'glass for the 3 sets of 2 screws that will be holding this monster in place

hand sewing attempt at the smaller cushion cover (the top/back one) the larger bottom one I made was much nicer, test fit last pic:

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2008 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
T-Top headliner work!

and modifying the one end cap to fit, as I musted added too much 'glass to the board:
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2008 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back On Holiday

6238 posts
Member since Jul 2001
More Center console work... I went and cut it big time, I didnt like several things about it including the sides of where the cushions go, so heres some new sides being formed:

view after the tape was taken off, and a pic of the endcap of the t-top I had to modify

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2008 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More center console work:

Painting some interior stuff

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2008 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some more work today/tonight:

T-TOP Holders work pretty good, lose about 2-3 inches behind the seat though.

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oh crap, forgot to take pics of the T-top holders finished, will do that in the next post tomorrow... for now:

I'm learning alot about fiberglassing with the console, this is taking a long time to do but I have learned a ton of info from comments of other members to my own mistakes. I did some bondo the other day and Just got to sanding it this evening, using 40 grit sand paper stuck to my mouse sander I was able to sand 1/2 of it down before it got too dark to work:

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pictures of the center console (done last week)

this week I've been working on the doors, I really screwed up the door panels, door stops, and a few other things so I had to pull the doors out, shortening the wiring which I originally made at least 2 foot long on one end and 6 inches too long on the other end, I was learning.... Here my daughter is helping me with the electrial tape on the DR side door:

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back On Holiday

6238 posts
Member since Jul 2001
Heres some pics of my Dr side door panel im working on:

PFF
System Bot
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2008 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More door panel work

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2008 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DOOR PANEL UPDATE!

And NEW Fiero Thomas Goodies!!!!

JennsDream

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2008 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JennsDreamSend a Private Message to JennsDreamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fiberglass is sooooooo yucky, but you seem to be pretty good with it! can't wait to see all come together!
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2008 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JennsDream:

fiberglass is sooooooo yucky, but you seem to be pretty good with it! can't wait to see all come together!

he fixed my pisa taillight after i ran it over hes good.
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2008 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

9 weeks off from work I can learn to do alot of crap, plus I had help from the forum.

JennsDream

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2008 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JennsDreamSend a Private Message to JennsDreamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

lol!
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2009 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump! Any news?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2009 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
andrews been a lil busy the past few weeks.
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2009 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been relaxing a bit recently
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Add me to the construction zone (Free bump) after having to reinstall windows XP after a power outage screwed up Windows (thankfully I was able to save my data (favorites, family pics, etc) and reformat the drive and do a total install, and knowing some PW's like to your email account do help, I am back online (not that ive been around much anyway) thought I'd mention it.
Andrew
PFF
System Bot
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome back. ...Now get back to work on that car. Haha.
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2009 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New update, today I re-worked the transmission lines that originally were temporary to get me from point A(old house) to point B(new house) and were leaking on the way.... now, these new lines should work great (not the best looking, but down there shouldnt get too much viewing)

Old coming off:

New!

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2009 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back On Holiday

6238 posts
Member since Jul 2001
Bumpo as I just spent the last hour editing this entire thread to fix broken picture links caused by my old ISP and moving the files to Photobucket
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2009 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steering Wheel Slop Video:

Sorry about the squeel at the beginning, dunno what it is.... enjoy the Elton John song in the background

[This message has been edited by Back On Holiday (edited 06-20-2009).]

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2009 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back On Holiday

6238 posts
Member since Jul 2001
Teardown of the steering column:

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2009 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back On Holiday

6238 posts
Member since Jul 2001
Door Glass installation on P/S door

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2009 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back On Holiday

6238 posts
Member since Jul 2001
Pics of the car in the driveway today:

[This message has been edited by Back On Holiday (edited 03-28-2009).]

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Re-Installing door skins, Rocker panels, Fenders.... Door mirrors all on... with pictures of my young helper

Installed my Ms. Lori Sail panels today, cleaned the surface of oils... roughed up with 400grit sand paper, cleaned again, and then used urethane windshield sealant (I dont trust the double sided tapes).

Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm surprised this thread hasn't made it to the Construction Zone yet... (hint hint to the powers above )
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stubby79:

I'm surprised this thread hasn't made it to the Construction Zone yet... (hint hint to the powers above )

i'm going to pm Cliff, I Believe that is all that is required.
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2009 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

Teardown of the steering column:

Godamnit andrew you post to many godamn picturs. It takes my computer forever to catch up with them. BTW thats my new steering wheel.

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2009 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

i'm going to pm Cliff, I Believe that is all that is required.

Not exactly, but I agree this thread is "Construction Zone"-worthy.
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2009 03:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Not exactly, but I agree this thread is "Construction Zone"-worthy.

WOOT, thx Cliff!
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2009 06:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where did you find this tool or what is it called? Thx

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 04-03-2009).]

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2009 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

Where did you find this tool or what is it called? Thx

Bought it at the local parts store on their spinning tool rack, Pivot Pin removal tool, cost me $9 locally... heres a pic I found online of the exact thing:

http://www.etoolcart.com/se....aspx?find=pivot+pin
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2009 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back On Holiday

6238 posts
Member since Jul 2001
Sail Panels installed... after a nice long 14 hour "Cureing" of the urethane:

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2009 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It lives it freeking lives. I almost had to push it to the gas pump today but andrew took me for a ride in it and im contemplating steeling it.
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2009 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It lives it freeking lives. I almost had to push it to the gas pump today but andrew took me for a ride in it and im contemplating steeling it.

Stealing it?

Pics of the FieroThomas Visors installed!

FieroFiend

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2009 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFiendSend a Private Message to FieroFiendEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pretty sure theres a few spots left that arent blue yet
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock