Chop Top #18 G6 Install by rodneybooth
Started on: 10-28-2008 03:28 PM
Replies: 143 (10262 views)
Last post by: madcurl on 11-25-2012 12:27 AM
rodneybooth

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2009 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rodneyboothClick Here to visit rodneybooth's HomePageSend a Private Message to rodneyboothEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of the finer points of swapping out an Iron Duke for a ZZ4 is you have to gouge out a chunk of the deck lid support to get clearance over the breather. Mine has cracked twice so I busted into my kids piggybank to get funding for this project (I told them it was the next door neighbor's brats). Conflict is a good thing.

The cracks as you see are pretty obvious. The give caused by the cracks keep the lid from shutting cleanly.

We designed a brace to strengthen the support

It clears the engine nicely.

Add a little paint and I think I have a winner.

I want to replace the Bear Claws I use for the door mechanism. I have my eye on an assembly from a 2007 pony car. I noticed the other day that my Grandmaw's butter and egg money jar is getting a little full.
IP: Logged
rodneybooth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2009 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rodneyboothClick Here to visit rodneybooth's HomePageSend a Private Message to rodneyboothEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rodneybooth

158 posts
Member since Aug 2005
Ok, time to get rid of the Bear Claws. They have served me well, but I'm just not happy unless I have something to change. Some might think it sacrilegious to put Ford Mustang parts on a Fiero but I'm really OK with mixed breeding. My car is kind of a Heinz 57 as it is.

This is the old Bear Claw mechanism that I want to replace.

And this lovely shot is of the bear claw latch removed
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2009 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats Rodney for making the Construction Zone

Lots of good info in this thread.

Archie
rodneybooth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2009 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rodneyboothClick Here to visit rodneybooth's HomePageSend a Private Message to rodneyboothEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, I thought I had done someting wrong!

Here are some pics of the new bracket for the new latch install.

rodneybooth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2009 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rodneyboothClick Here to visit rodneybooth's HomePageSend a Private Message to rodneyboothEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the new latch. I picked it out because of the size; not too big, not too small. Its off a 2007 Mustang.

This is where the new latch will be mounted.
rodneybooth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rodneyboothClick Here to visit rodneybooth's HomePageSend a Private Message to rodneyboothEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New latch & solenoid mounted

New striker mounting plate being fabricated

New striker mounted
rodneybooth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rodneyboothClick Here to visit rodneybooth's HomePageSend a Private Message to rodneyboothEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Filler panel being made

Door popper to assist the door to open

Filler panel finished

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2009 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice Job! the car is looking great
the attention to detail will set this car above.
rodneybooth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2009 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rodneyboothClick Here to visit rodneybooth's HomePageSend a Private Message to rodneyboothEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea, this job borders on anal retentive.
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2009 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rodneybooth:

Now that's a Ford "Fusion" LOL

[This message has been edited by ClayTonto (edited 03-12-2009).]

RumbleB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2009 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RumbleBSend a Private Message to RumbleBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice Ride! Your car puts the Nochies above the GT's. I was wondering, where you got the remote trunk release? The keyhole is removed from my trunk as well and if the battery goes dead - well, I think, you know the rest.

[This message has been edited by RumbleB (edited 03-12-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
valiantfiero_01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2009 04:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for valiantfiero_01Send a Private Message to valiantfiero_01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great car! Awsome build I can't wait to see it all finished
rodneybooth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2009 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rodneyboothClick Here to visit rodneybooth's HomePageSend a Private Message to rodneyboothEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RumbleB:

Nice Ride! Your car puts the Nochies above the GT's. I was wondering, where you got the remote trunk release? The keyhole is removed from my trunk as well and if the battery goes dead - well, I think, you know the rest.

Rather simple actually. I installed a cable from the trunk latch to a pull that is under the dash. It's in the thread somewhere.
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rodney, how is the car going? any updates?
rodneybooth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2009 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rodneyboothClick Here to visit rodneybooth's HomePageSend a Private Message to rodneyboothEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finally got the "beast" to the body shop and have started body working the door jambs with the new latches. I'm getting the car ready to put new door glass in very very soon now.

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2009 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
updates?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2009 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A Spring forward bump!

nosaint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosaintSend a Private Message to nosaintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
how about a blurd on the spot caliper parking brake???
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rodney,

What's new with your ride ?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Anybody heard from Rodney lately ??
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

A Spring forward bump!

Spring backward bump!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave