Started on: 11-16-2008 10:20 AM
Replies: 90 (13310 views)
Last post by: David Hambleton on 05-03-2016 06:51 PM
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2008 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, that is a 1988 Formula. Drove all the way to Tahoe to get it but totally worth it.

102K miles, ALWAYS garaged until the last year and it was covered even then, the paint is TITS!
Tires are like new, clean rims, dash and upholstery in great condition.
Front fascia is damaged and rear clip has some minor damage and the seats are missing.
The owner garaged it after the clutch started making funny noises. it is the original clutch!

$250

See later posts for progress in getting it back on the road.

[This message has been edited by Toddster (edited 11-13-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MarineFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2008 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MarineFieroSend a Private Message to MarineFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow! Awesome find
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post11-16-2008 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think i speak for several of us : we don't like you.
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2008 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

You do, and we don't.

Nice find
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2008 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:

Yep, that is a 1988 Formula. Drove all the way to Tahoe to get it but totally worth it.

the paint is TITS!
$250

This is all I saw in this post
btw tits?
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2008 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

I get a lot of that.
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2008 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Toddster

20871 posts
Member since May 2001

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

btw tits?

Sorry, California expression.

tits = great, no more explanation necessary
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2008 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anything with tits in it is a good thing. Nice find.......
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2008 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have an 88 for sale now?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 11-16-2008).]

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2008 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

Do you have an 88 for sale now?

Oops, I should have known you'd find this thread.
fiero67

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 107
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2008 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero67Send a Private Message to fiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ugh, I hate you!

Great find and wow on the price.
John
PFF
System Bot
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2008 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So where did the seats go?

Very nice find. I will give you $300.00 for it cash.
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2008 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Todd,
What sources do you use to find deals like this? Colombo? Jim Rockford?, Kojak? Ya' gotta share your sleuthian style with us plebes.

Cordially,
Kevin
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2008 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Use a sanding block wet to smooth out all the ' tit ' bumps in the paint. Buffing it out after should make it look good................... It wont help though if all the 'tits' have brown spots too.
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2008 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, let me get this straight. All your 100k miles Formula needs is a new front fascia, a clutch and some seats, right? And you only paid $250, right? You know, I've never really had a problem with you until now, you ******' *******. As far as I'm concerned, you can ****** with a ***** and ********* to ******! In other words, you sorry ************, you can ***** for *****. Got it?!

EDIT: I found more to say. It's a good thing I'm not your Secret Santa cuz all you'd get from me is a lump of coal. And a small lump at that.

[This message has been edited by Monkeyman (edited 11-16-2008).]

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2008 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DeLorean00:

So where did the seats go?

Very nice find. I will give you $300.00 for it cash.

The guy got an offer he couldn't refuse for the seats. No biggie, I have seats up the a**....ha, to coin a phrase.
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2008 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Toddster

20871 posts
Member since May 2001

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

So, let me get this straight. All your 100k miles Formula needs is a new front fascia, a clutch and some seats, right? And you only paid $250, right? You know, I've never really had a problem with you until now, you ******' *******. As far as I'm concerned, you can ****** with a ***** and ********* to ******! In other words, you sorry ************, you can ***** for *****. Got it?!

EDIT: I found more to say. It's a good thing I'm not your Secret Santa cuz all you'd get from me is a lump of coal. And a small lump at that.

Don't bottle it up Monkey man. What do you really think?
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2008 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Toddster

20871 posts
Member since May 2001

Originally posted by kevin:

Todd,
What sources do you use to find deals like this? Colombo? Jim Rockford?, Kojak? Ya' gotta share your sleuthian style with us plebes.

Cordially,
Kevin

Now if I did that what would become of man's search for knowledge and wisdom?

ARKaiser

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2008 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why is it that when somebody offers me "a great deal" they want $9,000 for an 84 that is missing over 25% of it's parts. I must have done something really bad in a past life or something.

Great find - and more power to you for being able to find such deals.
weaselbeak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2008 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All things even out over time. He's probably really lousy with women or something........
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2008 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
why are all the good ones out in cali i wana move out there
PFF
System Bot
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2008 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

why are all the good ones out in cali i wana move out there

We make up for it in taxes.
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2008 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Toddster

20871 posts
Member since May 2001

Here is the front fascia. Why the guy used rivets is still a bit of a puzzle. There are easier ways but it held it together I guess. Despite the carnage, this fascia is still savable. I might work on it in my spare time. But I am working on a trade for another one if I can find a decent red fascia.

vinny

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2008 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vinnySend a Private Message to vinnyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lucky devil.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2008 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ALWAYS garaged until the last year and it was covered even then, the paint is TITS!

The guy got an offer he couldn't refuse for the seats. No biggie, I have seats up the a**....ha, to coin a phrase

Does that make this a T&A thread?

Nice find!!
Now you can honestly say you made at least one investment in 2008 that beat the market.

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2008 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
im eyen up an 85 GT around my way he wants 500 but im gona offer $300 and see if he bites it has a new engine in it
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2008 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Now you can honestly say you made at least one investment in 2008 that beat the market.

Seriously! I gotta hang my hat on something after the year I've had.
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2008 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope you die in that car...
No wait, just kidding! Super find, I really hate you but I'm happy that another one got rescued!

------------------
Journal of a concept: http://southeastfieros.com

m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2008 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have a good red fascia if your interested it would be cheap, it has a very odd front emblem on it that consists of part of a chrysler sebring emblem and a ferrari emblem, im sure they can be removed easily.

other than some holes for a front plate, its in good shape.

i have the matching rear fascia also.

i figure the front bumper could be shipped greyhound or fedex for $30-50.

the front fascia would be $40

matthew
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2008 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Mosh, I am going to check out a fascia and seats Fierobear has and see if it will do. The rear is fine, it just needs a good buffing.
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2008 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Toddster! People like you make me sick. You lucky suckers find some great things. Great find by the way.

Paul
PFF
System Bot
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2008 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ahhhh, feel the love!

If this pisses you guys off wait til I show you the deal I'm picking up on friday.
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2008 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, so the repairs begin. Step one was to buff out the scrap on the rear quarter panel and realign the bumper. Looks as good as new after some rubbing compound and a little twisting of the upper bumper support. I replaced the broken side reflector too. I also added the missing third brake light from one of my parts cars.

Fierobear had a couple of good '88 Coupe seats but they were both passenger seats. So I pulled the upholstery off of one and put it on a spare Driver seat I had and presto! two clean seats!

I discovered that the headlight relay was missing too. Fortunately I had a good spare.

Next is salvaging the fascia. Except for the tear this is a really clean and straight fascia. Also, since all the pieces were still there I chose to repair. The first step is to remove the rivets holding it together. The piece fits well when pressed together but the ripping and the riveting combined to make it impossible to repair all at once. So I did it one side at a time over several days. JB weld is GREAT for these types of repairs. It is flexible, sandable, and hardens like steel.

The first step was to start at the bottom. I used the JB Weld and taped it together over night.

Slowly working my way around the facsia I was able to pull each side into alignment one at a time over 5 days. I got the last side done last weekend.

I did a rough sanding to smooth it all out and now it looks pretty good! I just need to level off some high and low spots with some body filler and wet sand over the next few days.

motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2008 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Todd. I hate you j/k. man I paid much more for my 88 four cyl in simular condition. Nice find.

Cheers Beers n Gearz. Joe
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2008 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ill give you $500
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2008 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chris Hodson:

ill give you $500

GREAT! Put it in the mail.

And a Merry Christmas to you too.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2008 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll give 750 if it is smog legal!
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2008 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

GREAT! Put it in the mail.

And a Merry Christmas to you too.

HA, i should have been more specific lol , k ; $500 comin right up
BlackGT Codde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2008 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackGT CoddeSend a Private Message to BlackGT CoddeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
grrr.....
i needed that car....LOL
nice find though.
ya need a new gauge cluster surround dont ya.
ha ha
i see all that warpage and bolt marks~

[This message has been edited by BlackGT Codde (edited 12-21-2008).]

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2008 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackGT Codde:

grrr.....
i needed that car....LOL
nice find though.
ya need a new gauge cluster surround dont ya.
ha ha
i see all that warpage and bolt marks~

Yeah, i think it was a cup holder but I have a spare. I just haven't put it in yet. I still have a little "warpage" on the center console to fix too. But I can save those cosmetic things until later. I have a lot of work under the hood to do as soon as the fender is finished.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock