Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  SINISTER GT: The Official Build Thread (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
SINISTER GT: The Official Build Thread by ITALGT
Started on: 09-02-2006 11:20 AM
Replies: 301 (44814 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 06-04-2022 12:12 AM
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2008 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you, for not giving up on this car!! So many people would have just said thats it and walked away. Way to go looks great!! I know its early but are you going to paint it black again or do a different color? Personally I loved it black.
IP: Logged
3.6lvvt6spdgt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2008 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.6lvvt6spdgtSend a Private Message to 3.6lvvt6spdgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow man you got some balls i would have just got a broken fiero with a good body and swaped all my parts over. but hey awsome work and good luck getting it back to the way it was.

[This message has been edited by 3.6lvvt6spdgt (edited 03-05-2008).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2008 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Congratulations Brett !

Great job bringing her back from the dead.
ITALGT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2008 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DeLorean00:

Thank you, for not giving up on this car!! So many people would have just said thats it and walked away. Way to go looks great!! I know its early but are you going to paint it black again or do a different color? Personally I loved it black.

I actually never even considered giving up on it... and I knew getting it back together wasn't going to be any easy task. I just wasn't planning on all of a sudden going from two vehicles to drive down to zero! I had no choice but to bust a** on it so that I had a car to drive again.

And then there's the Daytona thing...

Yes, it's going to be black again. Black has always been my color of choice...

Originally posted by 3.6lvvt6spdgt:

wow man you got some balls i would have just got a broken fiero with a good body and swaped all my parts over. but hey awsome work and good luck getting it back to the way it was.

It was inevitable that the body was going to be redone anyway, so I'm actually ahead of the game now... no more shiny paint to screw up!!! And I've now become familiar with fiberglassing and body work in general... which is great because I've got a few modifications coming. Well... MORE than just a few...

Brett
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2008 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ITALGT

994 posts
Member since Jan 2002
Here's a couple more shots of the repairs. These areas still need more block sanding and prep:

And something I got from Frank Martin today that I will be bringing to the CFF meeting Thursday night:

[This message has been edited by ITALGT (edited 01-31-2013).]

reapermedic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2008 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reapermedicSend a Private Message to reapermedicEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man, I am glad you got things back together. It would have been a shame not too. Kudos to the CFFers that helped out. I love to see stuff like that happen, it renews my faith in humanity.

------------------

ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2008 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been busy. Temporary rattle-can flat-black primer paint job:

A little update on the shifter... I finally made a new boot bezel to finish the shifter base:

The seats were looking crappy so I did some masking and spraying with interior paint... good enough for now:

New floor mats from the Fiero Store (barely seen here):

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2008 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amazing recovery Brett !

Some of the things you have planned for the future sound pretty awesome.

Good luck. See you at Daytona !

ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2008 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a couple of shots from Daytona '08:

I sprayed the seat headrests black:

Here's the new headlights I'm getting from exoticse:

...and here is a BLOWN TRANNY:

LOL... Yep, it finally happened at Orlando Speedworld Raceway last night. Heated the tires quickly, no burn-out... staged, proceeded to launch "conservatively" but hooked hard... track was sticky... and a sudden rev of the motor and grinding sounds ended my night before I could even get to second gear. I couldn't believe the Getrag let go that easily, but oh well... it lasted me three years. Now it's now time for an upgrade!

There's lot's more to tell so I'll share my ideas soon. In the meantime, it would be nice to find another Fiero I can use as a daily driver.

[This message has been edited by ITALGT (edited 10-05-2014).]

ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2008 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ITALGT

994 posts
Member since Jan 2002
BTW... now that my tranny is gone I will need to be selling the '86 GT/2.8 auto parts car that I just picked up from exoticse. Most of the car is there but it's not running... excellent for parts or project... GT wheels included. PM me for details if you're interested...

I'll be posting an ad with pictures in the mall soon!

ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2008 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ITALGT

994 posts
Member since Jan 2002

[This message has been edited by ITALGT (edited 10-05-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2008 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2008 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Brett,

What is up next for this car ?

Bodywork ? Tranny ?
LowLux

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-21-2008 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LowLuxSend a Private Message to LowLuxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
where did you get the steering wheel?

how does the shifter feel? how much $$ will it take for you to make me one lol..
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2008 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bump,..keeping it alive.
ghost187x

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2008 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the interior is real nice. diggin the black theme. where did u get the steering wheel from? overall good job on the fiero!
HC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2008 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hold the presses! Where did you get this??
86stealthfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2008 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86stealthfieroSend a Private Message to 86stealthfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i love your car i did my car originally in the black theme i used the same interior paint and blacked it out i just wasent happy with the paint fadeing after awhile i think you should have ued my username lol. i had originally wanted to make my car into something radical like the stealth but i found a lust for a yellow fastbook.
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2009 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time for a much overdue update!

Yes, I'm still around. Still unemployed, so no major progress on the Fiero has been done. Right now I'm prepping the car for a cradle-drop and a "new" transmission, which might be the 4-speed from my '86 GT parts car. Originally I was going longitudinal via Dave Held's cradle kit, but the lack of funds prevent me from going this route right now. Same with the G6 6-speed, just too expensive for me at this time. I'm just hoping that the replacement will hold up better than the Getrag did.

The engine is going to get a refresh (new seals, gaskets) and the upper intake will be ported, along with new hi-flow runners. An electric water pump will be installed and there may even be a head swap involved; I would love to swap my iron Vortec heads with identical aluminum ones to get rid of some weight in the back. If not, I would at least like to install 1.6 roller rockers. Also considering stripping the car of AC/heater components, along with other parts of the car, for as much weight savings as I can get.

So that's the plan anyways. It's been tough to do anything without the funds.

More soon...

[This message has been edited by ITALGT (edited 11-21-2014).]

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2009 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree that shifter is really sharp, where did you get it?
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2009 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the comments! The shifter is one I made... it was pretty simple, really. The shifter arm itself is from Rodney Dickman and is oversized for aftermarket shift knobs. It was shortened a bit then polished. The knob itself is a $10 Mr. Gasket chrome ball, and the shifter bezel and grommet was made from a Hurst boot kit I got from Autozone and a wheel bearing grease cap (hole drilled in center for shifter to pass through).

I've never really finished it yet... would like to make it fit the console better.

[This message has been edited by ITALGT (edited 11-21-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2009 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Heeeeey Brett !

What's up man ! What's new ??
joshh44

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2009 03:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joshh44Send a Private Message to joshh44Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
im wanting to paint my car black after reading this thread!!!!
ill call it.... The Black Pearl.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2009 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I habe to admit, not only is your build intriguingly stunning I find it amazing that you have never done body work before. I have seen pro bodyshops that don't do that quality of work. With your powdercoating and body skills maybe you have a different calling?
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2009 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

I habe to admit, not only is your build intriguingly stunning I find it amazing that you have never done body work before. I have seen pro bodyshops that don't do that quality of work. With your powdercoating and body skills maybe you have a different calling?

If I keep breaking my Fiero I'll be good at all sorts of things. Fiberglassing isn't as tough as some people think it is... just requires some patience and a little bit of thinking.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2009 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent you a pm.....give me a call.
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2009 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This project is now FOR SALE, and will remain for sale until otherwise noted.

PM me with any serious offers... I'm also open to trades.

This build thread should pretty well answer any questions you may have.

The_Ikon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2009 03:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The_IkonClick Here to visit The_Ikon's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_IkonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bmp for a good build thread!
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2009 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hmm I pm'ed you a reply to when we were discussing the headlights you got off of exoticse... I know you said they're in rough shape, but you're really not willing to just get rid of them?
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2009 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car is no longer for sale! Let's call it a temporary lack of judgment! I'm going to hang on to her for now, all parts included. Stay tuned for further updates!

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2009 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Whew !

Brett, glad to hear it !

Congratulations, good decision.

PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2009 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah....and some gentle persuasion from a few key friends!!!
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2009 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Yeah....and some gentle persuasion from a few key friends!!!

Thanks for the therapy session John!
BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2009 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A "Whats new?" BUMP
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2009 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car is once again for sale in the mall...

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/045616.html

BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2009 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ITALGT:

Car is once again for sale in the mall...

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/045616.html

BRett

Say it ain't so!!
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2009 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update...

I've given up trying to sell her... didn't want to anyway lol... so now what?

It's just worth way more to me than I would ever be able to sell it for.

Stay tuned....

FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2009 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ITALGT:
Update...

I've given up trying to sell her... didn't want to anyway lol... so now what?

Stay tuned....

BRett

Best news I've heard all day. Excellent choice.
Blueiii

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2009 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueiiiSend a Private Message to BlueiiiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't seen this build before, so I thought I'd throw out a couple of quick questions and comments. . .

1.) I LOVE the "fighter jet" concept for the interior. I've been debating what to do with mine, and this might just be the way to go. I also live close enough to summit that I can pick up my seats!
2.) Nice work getting the car back together as much as you did. This is a prime example of the phrase "Blood, sweat and tears."
3.) You mentioned on page 1 you're lowered on eibach springs and 17s. I like the stance of your ride. Is this all that was done to provide this stance?

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2009 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Whew, another close call. Hang in there Brett, ..it will be worth it in the end.

I think we all understand about financial and job woes amid the current economy and climate.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock