Started on: 05-23-2006 10:51 PM
Replies: 111 (9475 views)
Last post by: greengoblin0129 on 03-06-2007 06:19 PM
greengoblin0129

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2006 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
11-23-06
Received all my mounts I need for the swap yesterday:

Got the 3 mounts with bushings from PURPLE REIGN, and the front engine mount off ebay from Fiero Addiction. They are all Great quality mounts!
IP: Logged
I wear pants

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2006 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I wear pantsSend a Private Message to I wear pantsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for ya. Whats new with your swap?
greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2006 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by I wear pants:

Bump for ya. Whats new with your swap?

Thanks for the bump! Not much is new, been working 40 hours a week with going to college so havn't had much time to work on the car. I have a week off after christmas so might be able to get somthing done then lol. Since my last post i've deleted all my EVAC stuff, got my flywheel in, and got my motor mounts on the cradle. So maybe 2 hours worth of work in the last week or two on the swap Right now i'm having to drive my sisters KIA with pink boxing gloves in the back seat because my daily
driver, silver gt, decited to throw a rod Only good thing is that I have some cash saved up to get some of the bigger things done on the car. Ordering alot of parts tomorrow so i'll be broke again haha, damn Fiero's
3800SC flywheel

Because I don't have nothing cool to post right now, heres some pics of stuff goin on at school, LTI
One side done on a PT, had a head on collision and quarter panel smashed.

and the other side starting out:

hood:

My buddies S10 that had very bad hail damage. Hopfully putting air ride on it next week:

greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2006 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
12-26-06
Ordered a Spec stage 3 clutch today, and yellowfiero88 delivered a getrag tranny too! Didn't get much work done on the swap today, just cleaned the tranny up, and mounted the oil filter ext along with a new gasket. As soon as I get my clutch in the tranny and engine is going onto the cradle. It's getting close to being done now! I have the week off work and school so hopfully I can get some work done on it. I always see post about how much a 3800SC swap cost, so I started a list at the start of my swap, it adds up pretty quick. Heres the list of parts:

Heres a higher res pic
This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by greengoblin0129 (edited 12-26-2006).]

greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2006 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the tranny cleaned and painted up today, and now it's ready to go onto the cradle.
Before:

After:

sry pics didn't come out good, batteries were low.
greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2006 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in the middle of mounting the tranny onto the cradle, and have a quick question. I have it on, but not sure if the front mount is right. There is 2 different spots to mount it, around 1in of each other. Do I have it mounted in the right holes? Or does it have to be moved over to the other set of holes?

and some more pics:

[This message has been edited by greengoblin0129 (edited 12-28-2006).]

greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2007 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GOT MY CLUTCH IN TODAY!!! It was only a 2 week wait lol. So I got the engine off the stand tonight, and got the flywheel and clutch kit mounted. Also got the starter mounted, ended up using the one I had on my 2.8 because I only had it on the car for 40 miles. Put a order into summit today so hopfully I can get this thing running this weekend! Got the week off work so i'll be working on it everyday. Heres some pics
Flywheel mounted

Spec 3 Clutch kit

going onto the cradle
I wear pants

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2007 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I wear pantsSend a Private Message to I wear pantsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet, I can't wait to see the finished product. Those spec 3 clutches take a little getting used to, but I'm sure with all of the low end torque from the 3.8 it should not be a problem.

[This message has been edited by I wear pants (edited 01-09-2007).]

darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2007 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I noticed "freeze plug" on your list for parts to buy, I asume this is for your water pump inlet.

I tried the freeze plug idea, but it ended up not working so I went to a 1 inch rubber pinch plug. They are designed SPECIFICLY for plugging these holes, my local advance auto had a few different sizes.

looking good, only about 2 more days work left!
greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2007 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Took for ever to line up, but the tranny and engine are now together and on the cradle!!! Started lowering the engine onto the cradle with the tranny already mounted, but nothing would line up. After messing with it for awhile I took the tranny off the cradle and tried it with just the engine mounted. Picked the tranny up and it mated right up to the block lol.

I wear pants

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2007 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I wear pantsSend a Private Message to I wear pantsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just curious are you planning to do any mods to the engine?

[This message has been edited by I wear pants (edited 01-09-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2007 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by I wear pants:

Just curious are you planning to do any mods to the engine?

Right now i'm wanting to get the engine in the car and running. Want to test the motor first before I start modding it. I have a 3.25 and a 3.4 pully. Going to put the 3.4 pully on once I get the motor running in the car. Then i'm wanting to get water/meth on it and run the 3.25 pully. Also a CAI in you concider that a mod lol. Thoes are the only mods i'm doing in near future. Planning on buying another 3800SC motor and fully build it from the bottom up. Just don't have the time or money right now with school to do that at this moment. Really just want the car running asap, having withdraws not being able to drive a Fiero
O'yea, might not have it running till next week now. I ordered a fuel pump and AC delete kit from wbodystore.com on 12-29....and they just shipped it today, the 9th.
Mike OHIO

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2007 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the right offset wheels on the rear of that s10 would do wonders.
greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2007 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
+++++ for Summit Racing! Placed a order on monday, and already got the parts in today! Order a 80series Flowmaster muffler, 8.5 MSD wires, inline T filler w/ cap, and a "intermediate pipe" for the exhaust thats on backorder so I havn't got that in yet. Another step closer to getting the swap done!

greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2007 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

greengoblin0129

2670 posts
Member since Mar 2005
All I got done today was the water neck and slave cly mounted.

Next project, fire wall

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2007 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
EWWW take back the wires, they only create problems, trust me...

greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2007 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pretty much got all the parts I need to finish the swap, just waiting on shipping. Heres the updated list of parts

Picked some some little parts from autozone..fuel lines, radiator hose for passenger side (part #XL-1004), oil, ect

Left the garage open so my dog, Fiero , decided to give me a hand...i mean paw

Finished up mounting the mounts and putting on the parts from autozone on, here's how it looks right now.

tuner2m6t

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2007 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tuner2m6tSend a Private Message to tuner2m6tEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you started on the rear air bag set up yet?
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2007 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! Lookin' good, thanks for posting the picks- it's like being there without having to do any work...
greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2007 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tuner2m6t:

Have you started on the rear air bag set up yet?

After I get the motor in and running, i'm goin to start working on that. I already have the tank and valves set up to run the rear, just have to put the bags in. Planning on buying the universal strut kit from Gauge Magazine. They are a couple miles away from me so I can pick them up easily without waiting for shipping. Heres the kit:

http://store.gaugemagazine.com/index.asp?PageAc...

[This message has been edited by greengoblin0129 (edited 01-13-2007).]

greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2007 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

greengoblin0129

2670 posts
Member since Mar 2005

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:

Wow! Lookin' good, thanks for posting the picks- it's like being there without having to do any work...

Thanks for the comment! I've put alot of work into it, since this is my first time to do a swap it's definently been a learning experience. I'm just anxious to get it in and start it up for the first time. I'll keep you guess updated!

Just got my fuel pump in the mail! but...they didn't ship my A/C delete kit which I aslo ordered from wbodystore.com lol.
Walbro 255

PFF
System Bot
tuner2m6t

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2007 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tuner2m6tSend a Private Message to tuner2m6tEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keep us updated on both the air ride and the swap. I am in the process of doing a series one swap and in a couple weeks I am going to start on a series 2 swap for another fiero. This coming winter I want to do a ride set up after I do body work/performance stuff.
greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2007 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FIREWALL
I know it looks bad right now, but it won't Want the engine bay to look clean and hide as much stuff as I can. I ended up cutting the trunk out, its overrated. Plus it wasn't in the best of shape. Going to paint it up tomorrow, and finish it up. Heres what I got done on it tonight:

greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2007 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

greengoblin0129

2670 posts
Member since Mar 2005
ENGINE IS IN THE CAR!!!
Got the fuel pump and the engine in today. Everything went it pretty smooth. Didn't run into many problems, everything seemed to line up fine. I was worried about that when putting it in. Well heres the pics!
Car goin up

Engine bay

Engine goin in

Engine view from the side scoop lol

Now just to hook everything up

[This message has been edited by greengoblin0129 (edited 01-14-2007).]

tuner2m6t

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2007 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tuner2m6tSend a Private Message to tuner2m6tEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good. How long did it take to put it in?

Looks nice and clean. I like the way you did the firewall. Any thoughts on making another one of those covers? I would be interested in one.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2007 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There isnt much to that firewall peice, just some sheet metal. (still looks cool though, I bet your bummed you cut such a huge wiring acess hole, you could of snaked it all under like the stock 2.8 was)

should have this running by next sunday.
greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2007 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tuner2m6t:

Looks good. How long did it take to put it in?

Looks nice and clean. I like the way you did the firewall. Any thoughts on making another one of those covers? I would be interested in one.

Thanks! Had it on the cradle ready to go so it only took about 2 hours to get it in and lined up. I wouldn't mind making you a firewall, only thing i'm worried about is how it would line up. It took me a couple tries to get it just right. If you could bring your car to Indianapolis I might be able to help you out but...lol. Anyway thanks again for the comment.

Got the spark plug wires on tonight, and mounted the coils. Cut another hole in the firewall to fit them in. It was real fun getting to the rear plugs to put the wires on haha. Other then that I ran my anti freeze lines, connected the shifter cables and slave, and wired up a few other things including the fuel pump relay. Only one pic to post tonight
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 04:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After all that hard work, the two best moments must be seeing it in the engine bay, and hearing it start for the first time. I have to give you a lot of credit for all the hard work you've done so far, thanks for taking the time to share the pictures of your progress.
Bill85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2007 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bill85GTClick Here to visit Bill85GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Bill85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks good Ryan I can't wait until you get it on the road. Bill
blkdrgn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2007 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkdrgnSend a Private Message to blkdrgnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think you will have to give me some pointers on the build would you have the contact info to the guy that sold you the engine i cold really use that info right about now..... thanks pm me please....cant wait to hear it start.....
greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2007 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE 2-19-07 ""Up On Jacks Stands Again""

I've got to start the engine up and let it run, and even drove it 3 blocks. Now, the car won't start I turn the key, and all I get is a "Click". I've tried taking out all the plugs and turning it by hand, but no luck. Engine won't turn in the least. Don't know what i'm goin to do now, might buy a new engine and drop that in. Cold in the garage, and can't get motivated to work on it. Goin to be dropping a 2.8 into my silver GT this week so I'll have a daily driver, so the 3800sc project is going to be on the back burner for awhile I think. I have the car schedule for a dyno on March 27th with "Indy Club Grand Prix", so hopefully I can get the car running by then. Thanks for the comments! I'll get you guys posted.

Ryan
PFF
System Bot
greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2007 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, it's still not running. Too cold to work in the garage so havn't mest with it to much. It's goin to get into the 50's this week so i'm planning on dropping the engine back out. I dropped the oil pan last weekend and didn't noticed anything broken or out of place. Only new toy I've got for the Fiero was a PSI gauge for the air ride

Besides the engine swap, here's some other plans I'll be doing to the car soon.

-Mount gauges~Boost gauge, Air Ride PSI gauge, Oil Pressure gauge. Mounting them where the stock one's go above the middle concole.

-Remount air tank, compressors, and valves. Planning on removing the plastic spare tire holder and making a custom box for the air ride components.

-Body work~ taking my hood into school to put a vent in it here soon. After that taking all the panels off for paint. Still don't know what color I want to paint the car. I'm taking a custom paint class right now so I would like to do some air brushing on the car, but nothing major. Really want to shave the moulding, but I don't want anymore down time on the car then there already is.

-Breaks~new rotors, cals, pads, break lines, ect

-Bag the rear

-Re-bag the front~no longer running bags for fun. Going to set it up for performance and handling. No more "Side 2 Side" or hoping lol

[This message has been edited by greengoblin0129 (edited 03-06-2007).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock