Started on: 05-23-2006 10:51 PM
Replies: 111 (9470 views)
Last post by: greengoblin0129 on 03-06-2007 06:19 PM
greengoblin0129

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2006 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
::See page two for 3800SC swap::

This week the Fiero is getting stripped down and getting ready for a paint job! I graduated today, so i'll have time to work on it now...at least for the next month, then i'll be starting Lincoln Tech for Collistion Repair! I'll hopfully be adding scoops, a front spoiler, headliner, seats, and a rear roll cage bar. Also fixing a bunch of little problems with the car. Planning on getting the car done before the Fieros at Auburn show. I've pretty much have got all the parts I need for the project, still looking for some scoops. Heres the now, 87GT 5 speed:

Last year I restored the engine, frame, and interior. Heres some before pics of when I first got the car:

Stay tuned

[This message has been edited by greengoblin0129 (edited 10-22-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2006 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
and after:

greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2006 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

greengoblin0129

2670 posts
Member since Mar 2005
Heres the first project, front spoiler

YELLOWFIERO88

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2006 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have it done yet!!!!!

------------------

88COUPE
88GT 3.4SC
88GT T-TOP
87GT VERT (build in progress)

DA COUPE build thread

VERT build thread

CINCYMOTORSPORTS.ORG

squisher86SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2006 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for squisher86SESend a Private Message to squisher86SEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like fun.

Paint is probably my next step after it gets out of the shop for air conditioning. Yes, I want my a/c
pavo_roddy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2006 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

Spidey can WOOP all over GG!!

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2006 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^^^ LOL ^^^ Spidey whoops azz
Come on Ryan, what are you sleeping or what? Im going to be up your way saturday, I might give you a call if we are not running late. I might have Da Coupe with me.
CalicoDreams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2006 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CalicoDreamsSend a Private Message to CalicoDreamsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey I like that front spoiler, did you make it?
ToonTownfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2006 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToonTownfieroClick Here to visit ToonTownfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to ToonTownfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What kind of scoops are you planning on getting?
s550w

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2006 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for s550wSend a Private Message to s550wEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good. What color are you planning?

Brian

P.S. Squisher, I second the A/C mine is soon!
greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2006 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CalicoDreams:

Hey I like that front spoiler, did you make it?

I had purchased one off smoothwhitese but he ripped me off, so ConvertibleIndy hook me up with one Still have to fix some cracks on it, but you can't beat free! I don't know what kind of scoops I want yet, just trying to find a deal right now. I'm planning on having it repainted black. I'll be making another post with pics here in a sec.
PFF
System Bot
greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2006 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

greengoblin0129

2670 posts
Member since Mar 2005
::HEAD LINER::
put a ton of fiberglass resin on the back of it and fixed cracks:

cleaned it up, then recoved it:

before:

after:

Also fixed the sunroof leak (seal problem), and repainted the part the sunroof covers:

Was outside working on it the whole time, then all of a sudden we got a tonado watch ended up having to rush and get the car into the garage lol. I used fiberglass resin under the seal, and sprayed on rubber to the top clip piece where the sunroof goes. Looks alot better now. Still having a latch problem I have to figure out. I now have to take the front spoiler off the bumper and put it on the bumper thats on the car now...it has the other kind of molding on it, not ment for the round trim.

Ryan

[This message has been edited by greengoblin0129 (edited 05-25-2006).]

YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2006 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
faster, faster,
Looks good

------------------

88COUPE
88GT 3.4SC
88GT T-TOP
87GT VERT (build in progress)

DA COUPE build thread

VERT build thread

CINCYMOTORSPORTS.ORG

greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2006 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Right now i'm in the middle of taking out my seats to replace them and putting in a rear roll bar. Also fixing all the cracks in my interior. I'll post some pics soon!
WHAT COLOR SHOULD I PAINT MY INTERIOR TRIM??? keep with white or...?
s550w

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2006 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for s550wSend a Private Message to s550wEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about Neon green? Actually, I think I asw a picture of that on here somewhere. Black car new is generally a light interior.and vice versa.

Brian
s550w

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2006 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for s550wSend a Private Message to s550wEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

s550w

747 posts
Member since Aug 2004
//images.fiero.nl/pffimages/000_0004.jpg

Stole this from another thread, substite NEON GREEN
s550w

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2006 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for s550wSend a Private Message to s550wEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

s550w

747 posts
Member since Aug 2004

Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2006 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now that is GREEN!
RickN

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2006 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RickNSend a Private Message to RickNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by greengoblin0129:

... I graduated today,...

Congratulations! I just now caught this thread, you've been working hard. Good work! I'll look forward to seeing the finished product.

------------------
RickN
White 88GT 5spd
White 85GT Auto

greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2006 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well, I ended up going with silver. I swapped out my seats with better ones, repainted all my trim, fiberglassed a crack in a trim piece, and cleaned up the interior. Was going to install a CD mounting kit, but got the wrong kit. So I'll be doing that tomorrow, and also putting in the roll bar for the 17sec beat

Seats out:

Silver trim:

Roll bar:

Didn't get any pics of the seats, buy they are on their way

Ryan
s550w

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2006 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for s550wSend a Private Message to s550wEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Before you put a CD player in. get rid of that metal piece at the back & riveted to the plastic on the bottom. In my car, it is pushing the back of the cd player. Because it was mounted as far forward as possible at Best buy, it also means a CD will hit my shifter in park! I would have broken it off but, the plastic was too flexible.

Brian
PFF
System Bot
greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2006 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by s550w:

Before you put a CD player in. get rid of that metal piece at the back & riveted to the plastic on the bottom. In my car, it is pushing the back of the cd player. Because it was mounted as far forward as possible at Best buy, it also means a CD will hit my shifter in park! I would have broken it off but, the plastic was too flexible.

Brian

Never thought of that, i'll have to do that. Thanks!
Still havn't had much time to get any work done on it because another project I started with the car
Heres a hint:

hmmm:

You probley know where this is goin:

muh haha ahhahahaah:

AIR RIDE!!!
Planning on having most of the front suspenion sandblasted and powerd coated. I'm going to try and weld S10 cups to it so i'll get a lot more lift, still worried about the bags rubbing so I have to work on notching out the cross member and reinforceing it. I'm only doing the front, for now. The back is going to cost to much to do right now. Not sure yet, but planning on mounting the tank and the compressor in the hood. I'll be posting updates soon!

Ryan
greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2006 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had to work on my 85SE 5 speed today (put a fastback on it a month ago) Throw-out bearing fell off on me. It was a nice day so I was planning on dropping the engine, fixing the throw out bearing, and put the engine back in all in one day. Replaced the clutch in it awhile back in one day, so I thought no problem...well, it didn't go down like that. I was working on outside, it was nice and hot out. Then all of a suddend it started pouring down rain with out a cloud in the sky. Engine was about ready to drop, so I had to run and put a tarp over it and run up all my windows

O'well, rain is stopping now so i'm going to go on out and finish it up.
30+mpg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2006 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... greengoblin0129:...another project I started with the car
Heres a hint:

hmmm:

You probley know where this is goin:

muh haha ahhahahaah:

AIR RIDE!!!
Planning on having most of the front suspenion sandblasted and powerd coated. I'm going to try and weld S10 cups to it so i'll get a lot more lift, still worried about the bags rubbing so I have to work on notching out the cross member and reinforceing it. I'm only doing the front, for now. The back is going to cost to much to do right now. Not sure yet, but planning on mounting the tank and the compressor in the hood. I'll be posting updates soon!Ryan

Cool, if you get it in and functional, I think you'll be first and only one one the forum to have a working air bag suspension on a drivable Fiero.

Mike Murphy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2006 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike MurphySend a Private Message to Mike MurphyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Before you destroy the metal peice at the back of the radio on the console trade it to me if you need to provided the rest of it is fine. I have several already broken off. If you use a factory GM CD player you wont have that problem...I've got a Monsoon in my DOHC.
Roylmohr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2006 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RoylmohrSend a Private Message to RoylmohrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like your work. Good job on that engine I miss my 86GT very much!
YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2006 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Faster, faster,
If you need powder done, get ahold of me.
greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2006 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by YELLOWFIERO88:

Faster, faster,
If you need powder done, get ahold of me.

Hell yes
greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2006 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update: It rained today and my sunroof did not leak!!! Finally fixed it Thank god I didn't find out the hard way by my new headliner and seats getting mest up lol.
greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2006 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

greengoblin0129

2670 posts
Member since Mar 2005
Did some more work on the 85SE today:

Engine coming out the bottom:

car up in the air:

Engine out:

The car use to be a red/blue/yellow/black/ect notch back before I did the fastback swap lol:
This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.
and the car now:

greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2006 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ERRR
My tail light/ guage cluster fuse kept blowing any time I turned on my lights. So I tried a 25amp fuse and they started working. I walked to the back of the car to see if the tail lights were still on. They were, but very dim. So I opened my door to a TON of smoking coming out from under the dash I quicky turned off the lights, switch no longer worked, so I pulled the fuse (very hot). So I started tearing apart my guage clusted to get to the wiring harness....sure enough...the rubber coating around the copper had melted off on the whole orange wire coming out of the switch going to the fuse box, WTF? Got pi$$ed and ended up going out for the night, in the other Fiero (alway have to have a back up when you own a Fiero ) I'll find out whats goin on tomorrow with it and get some pics.

[This message has been edited by greengoblin0129 (edited 06-03-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2006 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the light issue solved...I ran all new wires and took out the 2 bad ones
greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2006 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

greengoblin0129

2670 posts
Member since Mar 2005
The air ride project is coming along! Should be done in time for the Auburn show, heres some teaser pics:
Cut the top piece to test fit the cups:

Test fit of cup on bottom:

My buddy had a couple of extra cups that I could test fit to see which ones would be best:

***I'm not using this steering rack for the air ride project (to rusty). I use this one to test on before I cut into my good one (sry, you don't get to see pics of that yet, its a secret ) Theres still a lot of notching to be done but should be done pretty soon! By using the S10 cups i'll be able to get a lot more lift, trust me
greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2006 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did some work on the front bumper today. I ended up putting the front lip on a different nose because the one I previousy had it on had the 85GT trim on it... So here's how it looks now:
Bumper off the car:

Front lip on bumper:
(custom spray paint lol)
Inside of bumper:

another view of it:

I got 2 different sets of fog lights today and neither fitted how I wanted them to, so i'll try to find some tomorrow that I like. More pics to come
tuner2m6t

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2006 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tuner2m6tSend a Private Message to tuner2m6tEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good hope to see it at Auburn.
greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2006 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spend most of my day working on my front bumper and working on my buddies Camaro. I finally found some foglights I like, and they fit perfect (after taking 2 sets back lol). Also had a guy come over to help me out with the air ride project, its getting close now. I won't post pics of that till after its done Heres the pics of the front bumper, wired up the fog lights and fixed some body work on it.
Fog light kit:

Hid all the wiring, can't see any of it under the hood ar inside the car:
before:
after:
Bumper:

Bumper w/ lights on:

[This message has been edited by greengoblin0129 (edited 06-06-2006).]

Joe Torma

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2006 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe TormaClick Here to visit Joe Torma's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe TormaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good. Good luck with your air ride! You're going for as high as you can get it looks like?

[This message has been edited by Joe Torma (edited 06-07-2006).]

YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2006 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^^^ With those nasty Indy roads you need it to go high
greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2006 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Joe Torma:

Looks good. Good luck with your air ride! You're going for as high as you can get it looks like?

I'll be able to lay out fine, but I'm also trying to get a lot of lift out of it as well. I'm going to have to run the newer slam bags because they don't sweal up when you inflate them, therefor I don't have to worry about the bags rubbing as much. Was just going to run sleave bags, but I want to mess around with it and don't want to chanch breaking somthing. I might not be using the S10 anymore either...i'll be working on it all day tomorrow hopefully.

Ryan
greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2006 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

greengoblin0129

2670 posts
Member since Mar 2005

Originally posted by YELLOWFIERO88:

^^^ With those nasty Indy roads you need it to go high

They probley just seemed nasty to you becasue your ebreak was stuck on the whole time you were coming into Indiana lol j/k
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock