Started on: 12-27-2005 03:20 PM
Replies: 279 (18538 views)
Last post by: F355spider on 09-07-2011 04:21 PM
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2006 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I promised some pix and here they are. The cradle isn't finished but I'm getting there. This is going better than I thought.
First the complete pic.

Suspension Left

Suspension Right

IP: Logged
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2006 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero1Fan

4364 posts
Member since Sep 2005
Here is close up of the spring assy.
Left

Right

I think they look alot better after the wing amputation that I preformed.

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2006 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero1Fan

4364 posts
Member since Sep 2005
Now I have a question. Where the strut is mounted to the knuckle there is a bracket that I believe is for the rear sway bar. Neither my Haynes not the Chiltons mention or show pix of this bracket.

The whole assy.

Close up of bracket.

Is the bracket mounted correctly?

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2006 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was putting the brakes and brake disks on the cradle today and found that one of my hubs wobbled. I wanted to scream. Means I have a bad hub on the right side. Well tomorrow I will have to make a trip to my parts car and do some thieving. I didn't notice it until I was done.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2006 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2006 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Newest update. X-Mem and Cradle finished and ready to be reinstalled.

I finally got my new flywheel and once I have the undercarriage installed I'll trailer the car to where my mechanic will help me install motor, manual 5 speed trans, clutch and shifter mechanics.

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 04-04-2006).]

88White3.4GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2006 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All that extra work will really pay off in the end ! looking good.
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Coming along nicely. The yellow adds some cool contrast.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks very nice! Congrats!
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finished the cleaning and painting of the getrag today.

Hey 1000 posts. Man do I type alot of junk!!!

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 04-06-2006).]

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lookin' good. How'd you clean all of the nooks and crannies of the tranny?

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario

PFF
System Bot
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I tried alot of different thing but nothing work worth a shjt!! So I took a can of engine cleaner and went to the car wash. It's amazing what a High Pressure bath will do to the gunk that builds up. Of course I was wet from head to foot. My son thought it was the funniest thing he had ever seen. Of course he wanted to try it too. Imagine that. My wife didn't think it was so funny.

Whadeduck, did you get the email?

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero1Fan:

Whadeduck, did you get the email?

Nothing yet. I'll try something else if I don't hear anything by the end of tomorrow. Meanwhile, if you really want to make the wife love you, carry the dog to the wash too. Nothin like the smell of a wet dog to let her know how responsible you can be. LMAO

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2006 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I got the X-mem and the Cradle back in the car. Plus I had to see how the rims will look. A few pix.

It's coming along.

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2006 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well here is something I have been playing with for a day or two. I had bought for the B-Pillars. The speaker covers on the B-pillars were ugly and the covers from the speakers would NEVER fit onto the pillar covering. I decided to make my own. I took the ugly speaker covers off the pillar covering and then removed the cloth. I then cut out the grill face and smoothed things down. I then took the grills off of the Speaker grills and cut them down to fit inside the original ugly speaker covers.
I then painted the ugly covers and then glued the grills to the back of the speaker covers and HELLO no more ugly speaker covers!!!!!!!

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2006 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good. Definately want to see pics of them installed.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2006 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero1Fan:

Now I have a question. Where the strut is mounted to the knuckle there is a bracket that I believe is for the rear sway bar. Neither my Haynes not the Chiltons mention or show pix of this bracket.

The whole assy.

Close up of bracket.

Is the bracket mounted correctly?

upside down or switch left side and right side.. the hole should be relatively vertical for the sway bar end link to pass through

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2006 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Kohburn. With the help here I was able to get it right.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2006 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero1Fan

4364 posts
Member since Sep 2005
Here are some pix of the 4x6 installed in the B-Pillars.

Drivers side

Passenger side
ace35

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2006 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace35Send a Private Message to ace35Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice work. Can't wait to see the finished product!
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2006 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ace35:

Very nice work. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Yeah, neither can I!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PFF
System Bot
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2006 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good work! ..very clean too.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2006 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks.
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2006 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup, she's coming along rather nicely!

Nolan
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2006 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saturday I'll be installing the 6x9's in the doors (I hope). I'll post pix. I'm going to be moving the actuator of the Power Window arms up out of the way. I saw a thread where someone did exactly that but I can't remember who it was. Did anyone else see it?
shawnkfl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2006 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
how in he!! did i miss this whole thread! very nice posts going on here. i'm a HUGE steelers fan too. i can't believe i didn't see this earlier. BTW, my trans looks EXACTLY like your. mine is daytona yellow, and is also waiting for its new heart. good job on the build!
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2006 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know how you missed it......blind I quess!!!
shawnkfl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2006 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
must be bkind. i better ask my better half if i'm really building a fiero out there. i could be working an a pinto or mustang and don't even know it.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2006 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shawnkfl:

how in he!! did i miss this whole thread! very nice posts going on here. i'm a HUGE steelers fan too. i can't believe i didn't see this earlier.

Sweet !

Another fiero owner joins the ranks of the black and gold !!

Go Steelers !

Had i known Shawn, i would have invited you to go with us to this !

(about halfway down the page)

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/056510-4.html

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 05-11-2006).]

shawnkfl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
damn. i miss everything! i'm going to try to catch a game this year.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steelers Fans rule the world! Some people call us the Steelers Nation I call us the Steelers Empire!!
Big Ben for Emperor!!!!!! LOL
PFF
System Bot
YELLOWFIERO88

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2006 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its saturday already, you got those 6 x 9's installed yet
Looking great. I like your attention to the details. It seems like alot of people over look those details when they build a car.

------------------

88COUPE
88GT 3.4SC
88GT T-TOP
87GT VERT (build in progress)

DA COUPE build thread

VERT build thread

CINCYMOTORSPORTS.ORG

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2006 03:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yellowfiero88: You're real funny!!!!!!!! A man has to sleep sometime. Yes I will be doing it today.
As for paying attention to details. I was raised that when you do something do it right or don't do it at all.
YELLOWFIERO88

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2006 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sometimes I think those morals are gone today. I have seen to many cars and bought to many cars that the owners dont agree with that statement. I wonder if their moto was "why do it right when I can do it again?" LOL!!

As for sleep, its over rated. We can do that after our time on earth
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2006 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I always tell people, when I hear the "you can sleep when you're dead" thing, you're right, and at the rate I'm going, that should be sometime tomorrow. lol

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2006 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I didn't get as far as I wanted to on Saturday. I removed and disassembled the window power motors and mechanism. The forward and downward pointing pw motor is in the way of my 6x9 speaker install. So I decided to move the motor upward. I got it all apart, did some trimming on the housing and then got a friend of mine to weld them back together. My thanks to Rickady88GT for the How To on this.

Rickady88GT's How To also showed how he moved the bumpstop that is located on the front lower end of the window. I had problems with the bracket he used. I couldn't get the bracket to clear the middle brace in the door and still catch on the upper lip. So I came up with my own idea. I'll post pix tomorrow on what I have done.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2006 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I finally got some more stuff done today.
First off I got the bump stop issue finished. I had problems getting the bracket like Rickady88GT made to clear the middle door brace and still catch on the upper door brace. So here is what I did. I used a 6.5 x 30mm bolt with washers and self locking nuts in place of the bracket.

I then cut off the rest of the bolt until it would pass by the middle door brace.

I then cut a small tab into the upper brace and bent it back towards the window.
The nuts now hit the tab and act as the front window bump stop.

Next I'll pickup some heat shrinkable tubing to cover the nuts so I don't have a metal hitting metal sound when I roll up the window.

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 05-20-2006).]

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2006 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero1Fan

4364 posts
Member since Sep 2005
Then I installed the pw motors back in the doors.
Here is what they look like after the control arm has been repossitioned upward.

As I said above, there is enough room now in the doors to fit a very nice set of 8" speakers!!

Thanks again to Rickady88GT for the How To.

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 05-20-2006).]

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2006 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is the up to date info.
I now have the 6x9 holes cut and the speaker wires run into the cabin.

Here I have the stereo connector installed. Was a bit of work soldering all the connections but I had to because the original connector was destroyed.

Here is a pic of the original connector. I don't understand why people do this instead of buy or making an adapter.

I now have a question. This brown wire was loose and I have no idea where it belongs. Anyone know?

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2006 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero1Fan

4364 posts
Member since Sep 2005
The other thing that now have done is the installation of a power mirror from Fieroeddie. This thing has a lot of features. UV Sensor, Interior and exterior temp sensors, compass and auto-dimming.
The mirror connected up and mounted.

UV Sensor mounted to washer jet bracket.

I ran the cables throught the rubber gromet that holds the Hood release cable.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock